It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Originally posted by Akragon

I'll take a stab, im bored

Can you explain Chirsts teachings in a few sentences, in your own words, without quote the book?

Sort of, Christ was dealing with two (2) different sets of people while he was on the planet.

So for the Jews, Christ's teachings easily explained were:

Mark 12:29-31
"And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy STRENGTH: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."

So for your "no quote from Book" comment, I would say Jesus was saying to the law following Jews to:

1. Love the True God, the God of their fathers, not all the false gods the Jews had grown to lust after.
2. Love your fellow man as yourself. You feed yourself when your hungry right? Clean yourself when your dirty? That's the idea here.

As for Jesus's reason for being here for gentiles, I would say:

John 3:3, 15-2, 33-36
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.
34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

In my words it means, accept Jesus Christ's death on the cross for your sin, so you don't have to die, nor pay for your own sin, since Jesus paid the price of sin for you. Which is death. If you die trusting in religion or your good works, instead of trusting in Jesus Christ and his good works, then you must pay for your own sins, burning in hell. This explains the type of the animal sacrifices. Someone or thing had to die so that others might live. Sin=death. Christ=Life.
edit on 5-4-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

...holy hell!

I said a few sentences, not a full lecture...

And no quotes!

edit on 5-4-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I did! Its just hidden in the post some where in there....

Anyway, here is the condensed version for you:

So for your "no quote from Book" comment, I would say Jesus was saying to the law following Jews to:
1. Love the True God, the God of their fathers, not all the false gods the Jews had grown to lust after.
2. Love your fellow man as yourself. You feed yourself when your hungry right? Clean yourself when your dirty? That's the idea here.

As for Jesus's reason for being here for gentiles, I would say:
In my words it means, accept Jesus Christ's death on the cross for your sin, so you don't have to die, nor pay for your own sin, since Jesus paid the price of sin for you. Which is death. If you die trusting in religion or your good works, instead of trusting in Jesus Christ and his good works, then you must pay for your own sins, burning in hell. This explains the type of the animal sacrifices. Someone or thing had to die so that others might live. Sin=death. Christ=Life.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

thats all i needed..... i wasn't expecting the answer to come from you honestly

I've asked that several times and no one could answer in the correct fashion i asked for...

thats 3 stars so far

edit on 5-4-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why thank you
I accept my third star with happiness.

What think ye of my Reason for Jesus coming to the gentiles for?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

not sure i've missed the last 10 or so pages

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
KJV1611: WAS a marriage, and will be again

Laz: I agree, but I had gotten so much static on this site when I said "was" that I decided to say "like."

KJV1611: Stopping here I completely agree with what you have said thus far. But your next few statements are diving off into speculation and opinion , ALTHOUGH, based on scripture. But you know as well as I, what follows is by no way, "date setting". We shall proceed with utmost caution.
Laz: Speculative it is - realise that I am exploring an idea here, not trying to lay down some new doctrine. I fully intend to err on the side of caution. The scriptures of interest here do not mention the Jubilee, so I think I will need to stop short of saying it must be that. I have studied the chronological work of Stephen E. Jones, and he does state that the 70-year captivity satisfied the sabbaths the land never got from the conquest up to then.

KJV1611: I believe these curses are still in effect BECAUSE the Jews rejected their messiah (Jesus Christ) and thus the seven curses roll on...UNTIL ↓↓↓
Leviticus 26:40-42
40 If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;
41 And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:
42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.
Laz: My own belief is that Israel, the bulk of it, including the teeny-weenie bit in Palestine known as the Jews, began to confess, be humbled, and accept as the Good News went forth from Jerusalem. I can see clearly that much of the NT was written for Israelites of the Dispersion. I think you and I have very different ideas as to who true Israel is in history and in today's world.

KJV1611: This will happen and God will have HIS CHOSEN people back. Now as for these "seven curses" we keep reading about in this chapter, can you think of another book in the Bible where "seven" curses appear in four different forms just like in Leviticus 26? This may ring a bell:
SEVEN seals
SEVEN trumpets
SEVEN bowls
SEVEN golden vials
Laz: B-I-N-G-O!

KJV1611: You are somewhat close my friend on finding the hidden riches in the Bible. Continue to read and believe what you find in God's book and he will show you wonderous things.
Laz: I've put forth the marriage of God to Israel as the main theme of the whole Bible, and you say, "You are somewhat close...on finding the hidden riches in the Bible."?? I thought I had hit paydirt!

KJV1611: God will one day mark his people with a mark on their foreheads (the anti-christ will imitate this)
God will send 144,000 missionaries to his people throughout the world during the tribulation
God will protect his people in the wilderness (most likely found in Petra, southern Jordon)
And God will return for his people and save them from the armies of the United Nations. This is called the Second coming of Jesus Christ.
Laz: Looks like you have done some original thinking on end times - maybe elaborate on that to us. All in all, your answer was a good one. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Laz: I agree, but I had gotten so much static on this site when I said "was" that I decided to say "like."

Screw what people say. As long as you have correct context scripture to back you up, its their word against the Bible. Guess which one is more credibly and reliable? Just post the text and trust in it.

Laz: My own belief is that Israel, the bulk of it, including the teeny-weenie bit in Palestine known as the Jews, began to confess, be humbled, and accept as the Good News went forth from Jerusalem. I can see clearly that much of the NT was written for Israelites of the Dispersion. I think you and I have very different ideas as to who true Israel is in history and in today's world.

I don't think the Jews ever accepted their messiah based on:

ACTS 28:28, 31
28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the GENTILES, and that they will hear it.
31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

This clearly shows that more than 30 years after Christ had left the planet that the Jews still rejected him, and were constantly killing his followers. This is also written after the entire New Testament is completed save Revelations. The Bible also says Jews are the Gospel Christs enemy since they rejected him fully.

Thus the "Kingdom of God" was given to the Gentiles. (which is internal, spiritual)
Luke 17:20-21
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Instead of the "Kingdom of Heaven" being given to the Jews. (physical, earthly Kingdom in Jerusalem)
Matthew 21:8-10
8 And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way.
9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.
10 And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this?

Laz: I've put forth the marriage of God to Israel as the main theme of the whole Bible, and you say, "You are somewhat close...on finding the hidden riches in the Bible."?? I thought I had hit paydirt!

I truly believe the MAIN theme of the Bible is THE KINGDOM and it's KING. Who wears a CROWN. (Just because 7/8 of the Bible deals with The Kingdom. A Jewish kingdom too mind you.

But what self respecting King doesn't have a QUEEN?

And as anyone knows, behind every good man is a great WOMAN.

Another great question is what is the difference between the Bride, Bridegroom, guests, and friends as found in the Bible.

Laz: Looks like you have done some original thinking on end times - maybe elaborate on that to us. All in all, your answer was a good one. Thank you.

I'll make another post real quick dealing with this. Thanks for the discussion!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
The Bible also says Jews are the Gospel Christs enemy since they rejected him fully.

I truly believe the MAIN theme of the Bible is THE KINGDOM and it's KING. Who wears a CROWN. (Just because 7/8 of the Bible deals with The Kingdom. A Jewish kingdom too mind you.

Please explain how the Jews, being Christ's enemy, become God's Kingdom.

Laz
edit on 6-4-2011 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The Bible without any doubt teaches that God chose to start humanity off from only two people. This means that in the first few generations, marriage had to be between extremely closely related people, including at least one brother-sister union. The Bible says that Adam and Eve had daughters as well. Cain could have married his sister, or niece
reply to post by Liquesence

I,researched this,I,found a article,that thinks the way,I,do....you seethe bible also doesn't tell how much time had passed by,before he had a wife and built a city called nod.so here is what I,found,and believe what happen.
,it is a very interesting things in article.

l The biological problems caused by such unions today come from a progressive accumulation of genetic defects since the Fall. An originally perfect population would not have had any such problem. l The Bible teaches that even Abraham, living a long time after creation, was still able to marry his half-sister, Sarah, without any hint of biological problems in the offspring (Isaac). In doing so he was not breaking God’s law. The law of Moses forbidding intermarriage between close relatives was not given until centuries after Abraham
, I Hope this helps out.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Text,Deuteronomy 7:8 But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath he swore to your forefathers that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Deuteronomy 10:15 Yet the LORD set his affection on your forefathers and loved them, and he chose you, their descendants, above all the nations, as it is today. Romans 5:10 For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! Romans 9:5 Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

,now the way,I,see it,is god chose ABRAHAM and family to be his people,I,believe this whole heartily.

The land promised by god to the hebrerws Jews (Hebrew: יְהוּדִים, Yehudim; Yiddish: ייִדן, Yidn)[3] are members of the Jewish people, an ethnic group originating in the Israelites of the ancient Middle East. The ethnicity is strongly related to the religion of Judaism, and converts to Judaism are included among the Jewish people. Jew, an adherent of the religion of Judaism. The origin of the Jews is traditionally dated to around 1800 BCE [citation needed] with the biblical account of the birth of Judaism. The Merneptah Stele, dated at 1200 BCE, is one of the earliest archaeological records of the Jewish people in the Land of Israel, where they further developed a monotheistic religion, Judaism, and enjoyed periods of self-determination.

The Hebrew name "Yehudi" (plural Yehudim) came into being when the Kingdom of Israel was split between the northern Kingdom of Israel and the southern Kingdom of Judah. The term originally referred to the people of the southern kingdom, although the term B'nei Yisrael (Israelites) was still used for both groups. After the Assyrians conquered the northern kingdom leaving the southern kingdom as the only Israelite state, the word Yehudim gradually came to refer to people of the Jewish faith as a whole, rather than those specifically from Judah. The English word Jew is ultimately derived from Yehudi (see Etymology). Its first use in the Bible to refer to the Jewish people as a whole is in the Book of Esther.
Now god loved the Jews so much,but they kept missing up.So god walked away,but always came back,when they repented to him. He made a promise to ABRAHAM ,IAASIC AND JACOB,KNOWN AS ISRAEL. As time went by,they started acting up,scales are on their eyes.But GOD SAID THOSE SCALES WILL COME BACK OFF,AND THEY WILL KNOW,THAT JESUS IS THE MESSIAH. God doesn't hate any of us.But he hates sin.When we repent,we can go back to him.He always forgive the ones that really mean it.Like Jesus is the root,the Jews are the branches.but they acted up,so God told Paul to bring in the gentiles,then we were added the root,In the end times,The Jews will be added back to the root. The question is "Hath God cast away his people?" (Romans 11:1). The answer follows the question and it is plain as day: "God forbid"!

I urge you to particularly read chapters 9, 10 and 11 of Romans. Paul confides to the Christians in Rome that he was sorrowful for his lost "brethren". He is not referring to Christian gentile brethren in this case, for he qualifies the word by calling them his "kinsmen" or countrymen - fellow Jews. Why was he concerned? Because they were:

"Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came.I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.....

I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.

But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched out my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people."

(Romans 10:19-21)

God states openly that He deliberately (and temporarily) took His active Presence away from Israel so that the salvation of the Gentiles ,those who are 'no people,would cause them to think hard about their own privileged position as Jews. This is reiterated later in Romans.Thus, the fall of the Jews from immediate favour was effected that the Gospel might come to the Gentiles. Evidently, some Gentiles were boasting of this fact and so Paul warns them strongly, in verses 18-21. He told them that if God did not hesitate to break off the natural branches (Jews), He certainly would not think twice about breaking off branches that have been grafted onto the true root. Thus he concludes,What is this 'fulness of the Gentiles'? It would appear to be the end of the earth's time span. Before the final Day, many Jews will turn back to God. God will do this because He promised to do so thousands of years ago and He cannot change His mind. Verse 31 tells us that presently the Gentiles enjoy God's favour on a fairly large scale and only some Jews (the remnant: a term that can also apply to Gentiles) are saved by their evangelism. We know, categorically, that most Jews will not be saved, because we are told this in verse 32... God Himself has stopped them from believing.

From all this we can say that before the end of the world, Jews will come to Christ in large numbers, regaining their favour with God. Also, the position of the Gentiles will be reversed and their salvation will be scarce. We cannot, then, hold to the view that God has cast off Israel.That's why they have scales on their eyes now,but they will fall off.

On the other hand, we cannot uphold the current Jewish political aims in general, nor the activities of Zionists, because they are opposed to God's will: He promised them their land and peace from enemies only if they remained faithful to Him (today, this means being faithful to JESUS CHRIST. God said he will bring back a remnant of the Jews back to him. As I, see it,God said he made a promise to ABRAHAM AND IAASIC AND JACOB(ISRAEL),GOD NEVER BREAKS HIS PROMISE.He has and had a plan before time,we can't change it.I,just thank God ,everyday for giving us a chance to come to him.,Thank you GOD,IN JESUS NAME AMEN.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

Thank you venus, this is the exact answer I gave as well somewhere around pages 1 through 5. Good article, read the whole thing.

Please continue to contribute.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite

God doesn't hate any of us.

Actually He does - He hates Amalek and Esau, He said as much.

Your position is well stated. However you seem unaware that many, many, perhaps most of those Gentiles you mention are none other than "lost" Israel. For too many people, Israelites from either kingdom, slip into the memory hole after they are dragged off by some foreign conquerer. All the tribes are still in existence, and they number in the hundreds of millions. Did God not say they would be as the sand of the seashore? Even most of the tribe of Judah never went back to rebuild Jerusalem and the temple, only some 50,000. Of those that went down, many became Christians in the time of Christ. What we are left with today as Jews are, in my opinion, about 10% Sephardic Jews, who have some descent from Judah, but mixed with Esau/Edom; also we have a bit over 90% Ashkenazic Jews, descended from the Kazars, a branch of the Turkic peoples, and not related to Israel at all. Neither can really be called the true branch, for we must look to lost Israel.

Jesus Himself likened the Jews to a fig tree, and we see in Matthew 21 how He cursed it forever because it failed to produce fruit. The Jews failed to produce the spiritual fruit which was pleasing to God, and in fact, no nation which has governed Jerusalem has been able to do so - not the Jews, the Babylonians, the Persians, the Parthians, the Romans, the Muslims, the Crusaders, the Turks, the British, or the Jews (again). It is like a debt note that no one can pay. In 1948, the Jews came in again, and have rooted and put forth leaves, yet they still fail, year by year, to produce the spiritual fruit desired by God.

See Revelation 2:9, 3:9, Luke 19:27. Mind you, the Jews will be saved in the fulness of time, we all will.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Jews are God's enemy since they reject Jesus Christ. For that matter, all people who reject Jesus are PRESENTLY the enemies of God. This is very clear through scripture.

God will one day soon give up on the Church and return to the Jews. This is seen perfectly through Romans chapter 11, the whole chapter.

After the Rapture, the Church age is complete, and the Gospel of Grace is ended.

In comes the Jews through the Tribulation, millenium, and eternity here on this earth, ruled from Jerusalem. (why do you think almost every nation on this earth has at one time or another tried to attack/conquer/win this little city over.)

Once the tribulation starts, the Gospel of the Kingdom will once again be preached just as Jesus Christ taught while he was here 2000 years ago. This gospel will be preached by the 144,000 Jewish male virgins, and even angels flying through the sky.

Much more study in this topic. I didn't post any scriptures cause I already made this post with TONS of text....then my browers crashed. I didn't have the heart to redo all of it.
edit on 7-4-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Jews are God's enemy since they reject Jesus Christ. For that matter, all people who reject Jesus are PRESENTLY the enemies of God. This is very clear through scripture.

what would you make of these then?...and sorry meant to keep it short and sweet, you can just respond to the "if Jesus gave them rest" part, I just could'nt resist a more encompassing theme in an attempt to drive what I think is the point home

For if Jesus (KJV only uses Jesus, the rest use Joshua/Ya'Shua~Ya'akov~Ya'ru'Salem etc.) had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

notice the connection to day and man

See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says the LORD Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.

they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

and then we have seven spirits

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

the LORD, the God of the spirits of all mankind

other noteworthy sevens

The Volcanic Seven Summits are the highest volcanoes on each of the seven continents, just as the Seven Summits are the highest peaks (irrespective of geological origin) on each of the seven continents..
several definitions for the highest summits per continent and the number of continents are possible. The number of seven continents used here is based on the continent model used in Western Europe and the United States.en.wikipedia.org...

The term "Seven Seas" appears as early as 2300 BC in Hymn 8 of the Sumerian Enheduanna to the goddess Inanna.[1] Sumer was a civilization and historical region in southern Mesopotamia, modern Iraq. It is one of the earliest known civilizations in the world and is known as the Cradle of Civilization. en.wikipedia.org...

now immediately I think of the "coming out of the sea" and "land" "two horns" "speaking like a dragon/serpent/devil/satan/accuser" but notice also they are visible

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever.

which peaks some interest in these-

Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born (concieved I think is a better word~fetus=succling/offspring)...And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

and

Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?..which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar—

plus this

the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet

For this One has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as He who built the house has more honor than the house.(see quote further down post discussing the power of the concieved)

William King went to sleep but his wife, Shirley Hanna-King, was inspired and wrote down her ideas. William loved it and played it for the group. The Commodores liked it too and assumed William was the writer. It was a few years before the Commodores discovered that it was Shirley Hanna-King who had written and coined the term "Brick House". en.wikipedia.org...(song)

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby

Behold, I will lift My hand in an oath to the nations,
And set up My standard for the peoples;
They shall bring your sons in their arms,
And your daughters shall be carried on their shoulders;
Kings shall be your foster fathers,
And their queens your nursing mothers

making these intriguing

He will not quarrel nor cry out,Nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets.

It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “ I am the LORD, who makes all things,Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself

Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him

interesting also when considering the church or bride is written as the body of Christ (a single seed) and head of every man

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

The way God designed our bodies is a model for understanding our lives together as a church: every part dependent on every other part, the parts we mention and the parts we don't, the parts we see and the parts we don't. If one part hurts, every other part is involved in the hurt, and in the healing.

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty and base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.

What they may differ about is the value of the life within the womb. But the question of whether that is a human life is not a matter of belief; it is a matter of fact

Listen to what the experts have to say: "To accept the fact that after fertilization has taken place a new human has come into being is no longer a matter of taste or opinion . . . it is plain experimental evidence" (Dr. Jerome Lejeune, "Father of Modern Genetics" and discoverer of the cause of Down's Syndrome. Testimony to Senate Subcommittee on Separation of Powers, April 23, 1981). "By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception" (Dr. Hymie Gordon, Chairman, Department of Genetics at Mayo Clinic, Testimony to Senate Subcommittee on Separation of Powers, April 23, 1981). www.priestsforlife.org...

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth

7 days - tiny human implants in mother’s uterus.

Dr. Lejeune explained that within three to seven days after fertilization we can determine if the new human being is a boy or a girl. "At no time," Dr. Lejeune said, "is the human being a blob of protoplasm. As far as your nature is concerned, I see no difference between the early person that you were at conception and the late person which you are now. You were, and are, a human being."http://www.prolife.com/FETALDEV.html

Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.

For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Know that the LORD, He is God;It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

"Person" is defined in our dictionary in 14 different ways. Yellowstone Park is a person. So is General Motors. So are you. But the Supreme Court of the U.S. in 1857 ruled that black people were not persons (native Americans?), and in 1973 that unborn people were not persons. You answer this question by first inquiring what the questioner means by "a person."

Did Dr. Liley, the "Father of Fetology," think the tiny being was human?

Dr. Liley, who did the first fetal blood transfusion in the womb, said that seven days after fertilization: ". . . the young individual, in command of his environment and destiny with a tenacious purpose, implants in the spongy lining and with a display of physiological power, suppresses his mother’s menstrual period. This is his home for the next 270 days and to make it habitable, the embryo develops a placenta and a protective capsule of fluid for himself. He also solves, single-handed, the homograft problem, that dazzling feat by which foetus and mother, although immunological foreigners who could not exchange skin grafts nor safely receive blood from each other, never the less tolerate each other in parabiosis for nine months.

"We know that he moves with a delightful easy grace in his buoyant world, that foetal comfort deter-mines foetal position. He is responsive to pain and touch and cold and sound and light. He drinks his amniotic fluid, more if it is artificially sweetened, less it if is given an unpleasant taste. He gets hiccups and sucks his thumb. He wakes and sleeps. He gets bored with repetitive signals but can be taught to be alerted by a first signal for a second different one. And, finally, he determines his birthday, for unquestionably, the onset of labour is a unilateral decision of the foetus.

"This, then, is the foetus we know and, indeed, we each once were. This is the foetus we look after in modern obstetrics, the same baby we are caring for be-fore and after birth, who before birth can be ill and need diagnosis and treatment just like any other patient." A. Liley, "A Case Against Abortion," Liberal Studies, Whitcombe & Tombs, Ltd., 1971 www.abortionfacts.com...

Etymology
From Latin testiculum, testicle, literally little witness, from testis, witness + diminuitive suffix -ulum
open-dictionary.com...

It is estimated that in about 85% of men the lower hanging testicle is the left one. testicle.askdefine.com...

two witneses BEFORE the Lord or God of the whole earth?

For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

It is certainly no secret that this sort of self-policing never works in environments where large amounts of money are involved. In this case, the result is that the corpses of children killed by elective abortion are now marketed like old car parts salvaged from the local junkyard. Rhetoric like "site fees," "donations," and "retrieval reimbursement costs" are simply code words designed to conceal that fact. www.lifedynamics.com

“Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God.” He takes away the first that He may establish the second. By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all

that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not. And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

•Since 1973, more than 50 million surgical abortions have been performed in the United States. The death toll from abortion is more than all the casualties from the Revolutionary War, Civil War, World War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, and Iraq War combined. www.humanlife.org...

And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth. And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?..
does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?..Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.” So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham...And not to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ. And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.

Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious

Taken all together, we have 401 million deaths over nearly 2000 years of war and barbarism. Just for the sake of argument, let’s add another 10%, or 40 million, to cover margins of error, and other wars. This would bring our total to 441 million deaths over the last 20 centuries.

Now, what about abortion? At the low end of the Guttmacher scale, even if we ignore all abortions done prior to 1980 when accurate numbers are a little more difficult to ascertain, abortion accounts for more than twice the number of deaths by war! In just the last 25 years, the ghastly toll for abortion has totaled over 900 million dead babies. Taking the more probable mean average, the toll rises to well over 1 billion babies; or nearly three times the amount of deaths due to war.www.covenantnews.com...

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
..Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

By abolishing in His [own crucified] flesh the enmity [caused by] the Law with its decrees and ordinances [which He annulled]; that He from the two might create in Himself one new man [one new quality of humanity out of the two], so making peace.

And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever, The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

Christ in you, the hope of glory

For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all

Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.

Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

I will worship toward Your holy temple,
And praise Your name
For Your lovingkindness and Your truth
edit on 7-4-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

After the Rapture, the Church age is complete, and the Gospel of Grace is ended.

According to my sources, the Church/Pentecost Age ended in 1993. No Rapture.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

According to my sources, the Church/Pentecost Age ended in 1993. No Rapture.

Well that would suck since I got saved in 2000. Maybe my whole life has been a lie....maybe God isn't real...maybe the 7 year tribulation has turned into 12 years (2011) and more now....or, maybe not

Nah, no rapture has taken place yet, I would know, since I am still here. And I saw a person get saved just a few weeks ago by grace through faith, so all is well.

What sources are you reffering to if you don't mind? You can private message me if you like. YOU MUST SEND ME A COPY OF YOUR BOOK THOUGH WHEN ITS DONE!!!!!! or maybe even a pre-published manuscript

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

This was quite the read! You should have made your own thread with the amount of info here, I would have flagged it

Read through the other answers on this thread and start another discussion if you like. Love studying the Bible!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

it did cross my mind and as mentioned had started short but
...anyway the curious thing is the "Jesus give them rest" question and must be connected with "what reward" "own house""others above yourself" and to make matters a little more complex, when I first believed there was an invisible audible voice that said my name then "I am Jesus.."-which was related to after an abortion (and worth mentioning-is harmful to all involved but especially the woman with suicide directly linked) had taken place and whose Jewish name is Rivkah, anywway I was hoping you would give your take, thanks

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite

The Bible without any doubt teaches that God chose to start humanity off from only two people. This means that in the first few generations, marriage had to be between extremely closely related people, including at least one brother-sister union. The Bible says that Adam and Eve had daughters as well. Cain could have married his sister, or niece
reply to post by Liquesence

I,researched this,I,found a article,that thinks the way,I,do....you seethe bible also doesn't tell how much time had passed by,before he had a wife and built a city called nod.so here is what I,found,and believe what happen.
,it is a very interesting things in article.

l The biological problems caused by such unions today come from a progressive accumulation of genetic defects since the Fall. An originally perfect population would not have had any such problem. l The Bible teaches that even Abraham, living a long time after creation, was still able to marry his half-sister, Sarah, without any hint of biological problems in the offspring (Isaac). In doing so he was not breaking God’s law. The law of Moses forbidding intermarriage between close relatives was not given until centuries after Abraham
, I Hope this helps out.

It doesn't help.

I am aware of the presumptions, the problems of dating events in the bible, and the problems arising from inbreeding. . An article written 2 thousand years later that explains something in the bible is NOT bible proof, it is convenient justification precisely for what you are using it to achieve: explaining something that is not explained in hopes to explain something you wish to be explained that is not.

That is the whole point in the OP: using scripture to answer questions, which you cannot do in this regard.

Third party/secondary sources/explanations are irrelevant.

Show me bible/scripture truth.

You can't.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join