It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the birds waking up early where you are too?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Maybe there are trying to catch the worm!.... dada da! like Alf says" I crack me up".................

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
im not always up at 3 or 4 in the morning, but, on the occasions i have been there has been alot of songs coming from our feathered friends. i live in sw. uk by the coast,

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm from Germany and i'm regularly up until 3-4 am and it's the same weird thing here. It's march, it's cold and it's pitchblack outside yet the birds are making noses as early as 2 am since about 2-3 weeks now and it's not like they sleep on the day, right now they also make a lot of noise

It's weird, i mean it does make sense in the summer when the sun is rising at 4 am for them to start making their noise but now and this early? It's not natural, i haven't noticed it the years before

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Wow, you're so right! Silly me, Spring starts in early November and not March anymore - of course..!

Edit to clarify: "Night-time" is different to "morning".

Around here, the birds are quiet during the night. Come the early hours of the morning, they wake up.
In 38 years of living in the countryside and taking keen interest in the flora & fauna, the birds waking up so early is new to me...and many others it seems.
edit on 22-3-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm glad I caught this post as over the last 2 weeks I have noticed the same. I've have been awake at times during the night listening to the owls that have settled in the woods by me. Now I have never heard owls hooting with blackbirds tweeting before but this is my nightly bird chorus these days. I find it very interesting and thought it was only me hearing it

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I've got some Horse Chesnut trees that look the same as you mentioned but they have done for a number of years and a tree surgeon told me that this is a common thing and that there is nothing wrong with them, it just isn't aesthetically pleasing.

I have not see any chemtrails in Suffolk also and since the RAF cut back on their aircraft nothing ever flies over the house or near it.

My garden path etc, facing South, have turned very green this year but I put that down to there having been a lack of sun as everything that faces North always turns green and has moss growing over it. My apple trees have been very green for about four years but I was told that is because the air is so good here and trees turning green is a good indication of air quality.

I haven't seen any Snowdrops like you but I wasn't sure if that is because the weather was so up and down and the flowers were getting confused. We had a really warm spell for a week in the winter and some of my bulbs started to sprout up but then they were killed off by the frosts afterwards.

Can only remember seeing one bee and it was huge!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i am no wildlife expert so i have no way of knowing if it is something that is out of the ordinary, but i can report the birds were singing here in the U.K. (midlands) at 4.00am ish in the morning.

it was still very dark, they were tweeting like mad, i did not observe any of them flying around, from what i could tell they were just sat in the trees singing and tweeting.

this was 2-3 days ago.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Basicaly, every spring birds establish territories and they do this by singing.

What people are hearing has been happening for millions of years. It's called the dawn chorus.

And some birds do sing all night - the Beatles famously wrote a song about it .......

Blackbird singing in the dead of night ....

And as previously noted we've had this discussion before. Oddly enough, also in March

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This year I have whipoorwills but they are nocturnal birds usually I don't have them here. So it is kind of strange to hear them around 11 p.m.
edit on 22-3-2011 by napayshni57 because: added in bird type.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yes. Here in SE UK, this has been happening all winter. Birds have regularly been singing at 1.30 a.m. ...and 3.00 a.m. This is something new, I've not heard it at these times before.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

What people are hearing has been happening for millions of years. It's called the dawn chorus.

And some birds do sing all night - the Beatles famously wrote a song about it .......

And as previously noted we've had this discussion before. Oddly enough, also in March

I'm familiar with the dawn chorus...what I'm reporting is something quite different.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Nothern Massachusetts, Funny i noticed about a week ago when i arrived at work...(4:30 am) The birds seemed to be having too good a time that early in the morning...Wasnt just robins either, crows and seagulls too.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I always hear the birds at 4am, always have done and especially at the time of year. Is it normal to hear other birds apart from Blackbirds at 1am and see them flying around?

I thought maybe the lack of birds could be put down to a few things apart from a lack of food, maybe people owning more cats? We also have alot of grey squirels in the area and I've read they go after eggs in birds nests if they are really hungry as do Magpies.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I heard the birds around 3.30 am and couldn't believe it the other day. I lay there listening because it was just too early. Because I am very deaf I can't say whether its a regular thing. I live on the south coast in Bournemouth and the wildlife is astonishing, a fox trotting down the road from a stroll by the beach is also something I have not noticed in the past.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I heard the birds around 3.30 am and couldn't believe it the other day. I lay there listening because it was just too early. Because I am very deaf I can't say whether its a regular thing. I live on the south coast in Bournemouth and the wildlife is astonishing, a fox trotting down the road from a stroll by the beach is also something I have not noticed in the past.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Sorry bud, but what part of this began in early November are you having difficulty with?
Did you fail to notice where I stated that I left it until now, to ask for opinions?

Believe me, I've been close to nature all my life - for a few years even living an almost feral life in the wilderness.

I like to think I know when birds usually awaken.

So stop it they have not just suddenly started this (as they do) for the start of Spring - unless you're now telling me Spring started in November?? Are you?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Just to update my personal situation:

From around 1am this morning, there was absolute silence - not one solitary tweet at all, nothing - which continued on until I fell asleep around 3:30am, with still no sound from them.
The only thing that allowed me to know there were actually birds out there, was a flutter of wings, once, in a tree over the road from me, other than that, totally quiet! Even with the Moon still shining bright in the clear sky.

Maybe they've worn themselves out at last (I doubt it)!

Edit to add: The birds are happily out there, singing in the Sun now, though.

edit on 23-3-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm in FL and I have not noticed anything strange with birds, however my cousin who lives in Queens, NY just posted on facebook that she can't get any sleep because the birds keep waking her up around 4:30am which she says is earlier than usual because she can normally sleep until 6am without them waking her....very strange and interesting.
edit on 23-3-2011 by ConcreteAngel1 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Im in norfolk, UK. I regularly turn in around 2 - 3am and have noticed this for months. I agree its not the norm, it certainly isn't a dawn chorus in the middle of the night. Glad im not the only one who's noticed, thought I was going nuts!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
just went for a smoke outside, the birds are signing away the time when i cam back in was 2.49 am

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join