It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Pataky - The Possible CIA recruit responsible for the murder of Dorothy Kilgallen?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
[
edit on 30-3-2011 by hopingwarmth because: I'm new here, and I had trouble quoting another post so I could reply to it. I succeeded at that during a second attempt at posting a reply. Let's use that one, thanks !

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Originally posted by addygrace
Here are a couple of books he authored in 06' and 07'
www.paperbackswap.com...
edit on 22-3-2011 by addygrace because: different info

Apologies If I'm missing something really obvious here (which I'm sure I am,
), but how did you come to know those books were authored by the Ron Pataky discussed in this thread? It doesn't appear clear to me.

Interesting info ...

The Ron Pataky who self-published and is selling those two books is in fact the same Ron Pataky who knew Dorothy Kilgallen. You can find his Facebook page on which he says he worked as a newspaper columnist back in the day, and lately he is selling books and composing thousands of humorous poems.

Dorothy Kilgallen wrote in her column as it appeared in the New York Journal American on June 14, 1964 that a few days earlier she had shared a London taxicab ride with "Ron Pataky, the Columbus [Ohio] newspaper columnist." She proceeded to reveal that when they and their group of journalists arrived at Heathrow AKA London Airport after a flight from Rome, Ron was carrying only American currency with him. He walked up to a London taxicab and out of the blue asked the driver if he accepted American currency.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
See if this is anything...I came up with a theory. People, like Pataky brag...sometimes they do it so well, and right out in the open few ever notice...especially if he is an ex "spook". I found the writing below on the site that was linked and it contained some interesting points.

Dorthy Kigallin, so you said was found in her bed in a gown with a bolero blouse tied over it...something possibly a male would think looked good, if she were too exposed in said gown. I also remember that a lot of the group DK was involved with as well as the TV show she was a panel member on sauced it up right on the show...back in the late '50's guess it was ok to drink on the tube.

Well...I've made notes in both bold and italics next to certain phrases...could this have been written about DK? Did she have a drinking problem...although again, everybody drank a lot in the 50's and 60's being it was the drug of choice for the day and very sociable...booze loosens the lips and makes one very trusting...loose lips sink ships so the saying goes...seems like DK had a problem keeping secrets.

As I said, the following is just an interpretation, nothing written in stone...but this guy is creative...anything he did or was involved in would have been creative too...btw, good place to "hide in plain site" is anything to do with Christianity. The church takes care of their own.

Isadora Glickenspat
Was neither thin nor very fat
But loved to sit and marinate in sauce booze

She wasted time by doing that
Complained the elder Glickenspat
Who, after all, was Isadora’s boss husband?

The two went round till ground was found
With Isadora stark ungowned

On which to meet regarding daily soaking boozing

Miss Isadora in the fraypossible fighting between husband and wife, she may have discussed with Pataky

FOR saucy soaking every day!
To which the Angry Elder screamed, “You’re joking!”

An answer, then, was nowhere found
With Izzie soaking in the round
In sundry sauces brimming to the top

Midst mighty hue and raucous cry
And Angry Guy disgorging why
The practice stunk and surely then should stop

But Izzie sat ‘neath pansied hat
Not saying this nor much of that
Her mentals closed and not about to bend
She made up her mind to "tell all" in 5 days

Since pages hence and words galore
Will never ever tell us more
The manuscript of DK's book, notes, are "gone"
We now conclude this silly rhyme must end 'nuff braggin' for now...

AMEN
edit on 31-3-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
See if this is anything...I came up with a theory. People, like Pataky brag...sometimes they do it so well, and right out in the open few ever notice...especially if he is an ex "spook". I found the writing below on the site that was linked and it contained some interesting points.

Dorthy Kigallin, so you said was found in her bed in a gown with a bolero blouse tied over it...something possibly a male would think looked good, if she were too exposed in said gown. I also remember that a lot of the group DK was involved with as well as the TV show she was a panel member on sauced it up right on the show...back in the late '50's guess it was ok to drink on the tube.

What does that have to do with Ms.Kilgallen's newspaper career ? Arlene Francis did not help her investigate any news stories. Do you watch too much TV ? Please read on. Reading is fundamental.

Ms. Kilgallen was not found dead wearing a gown. It was a blue bed jacket, also known as a peignoir. Websites show you what it looked like. Her hairdressers Marc Sinclaire and Charles Simpson said "peignoir" and "bed jacket" to phone callers many times throughout the 1990s and in interviews videotaped in 2000.

Well...I've made notes in both bold and italics next to certain phrases...could this have been written about DK? Did she have a drinking problem...although again, everybody drank a lot in the 50's and 60's being it was the drug of choice for the day and very sociable...booze loosens the lips and makes one very trusting...loose lips sink ships so the saying goes...seems like DK had a problem keeping secrets.

As I said, the following is just an interpretation, nothing written in stone...but this guy is creative...anything he did or was involved in would have been creative too...btw, good place to "hide in plain site" is anything to do with Christianity. The church takes care of their own.

Isadora Glickenspat
Was neither thin nor very fat ... etc.

You missed another original poem that Ron Pataky added to his website. It's about the Sicilian mafia. Can you read it now that I have attached it as a URL to this message ? Click on the thin horizontal bar at the top of the web page that contains the mafia poem. Then you can hear Ron recite it. www.seeyouhome.com...

Several posters in this thread speculated about the U. S. government recruiting him to spy on or kill Dorothy Kilgallen. Why isn't anyone paying attention to this poem about the Sicilian mafia ? Another source on Ron's mafia connection is a friend of Ms. Kilgallen's who is 86 years old going on 87. He is Marlin Swing. He does not do any blogging or emailing, but you can write him a letter on paper at 245 East 35th Street # 11-C, New York, NY 10016. If you promise to write first, then you can phone Marlin or his caretaker Darryl Ortega at (212) 684 - 7448.

Marlin has told several strangers over the years that one of the major New York syndicate figures, possibly Joseph Colombo Sr., asked the mobbed-up movie producer Joseph E. Levine to recruit someone to spy on Dorothy Kilgallen. Some officials of New York's "five families" (Google that) wanted to know where she was getting her information on Oswald, Ruby and Castro. Mr. Levine the producer, who depended heavily on newspaper critics in 1964, spotted Ron Pataky's reviews in a Columbus, Ohio newspaper. Mr. Levine became impressed with the critic when they met at a movie industry event attended by newspaper critics.

If you want to confirm this, remember Marlin Swing turns 87 in August. It would help if you sent Mr. Swing a paper copy of Ron Pataky's poem on the Sicilian mafia. Ron's website has some poems that hint at a fantasy of poisoning a woman, but let's get to that in later posts. Start with Joseph E. Levine. The first time he became a legend was in 1968 when The Graduate did exceptionally well at the box office. The very beginning of the movie displays "Joseph E. Levine presents" as a caption while Dustin Hoffman sits in his seat on a plane and the stewardess announces the plane's arrival in Los Angeles.

Filming of the movie began circa February 1967, which was 15 months after Dorothy Kilgallen died. When she was alive, Mr. Levine needed all the support from newspapers he could get.

Even during the filming of The Graduate , his career was unstable. "Joe" Levine, who was CEO of Embassy Pictures, mysteriously lost the three million dollar budget for the film, then the other producer Lawrence Turman started shopping for another studio, then Mr. Levine recouped the three million. Filming began shortly after that. Did Joe have a brief conflict with one of his backers in the Five Families ?

Mr. Turman, now an 84-year-old USC professor of cinema, is the source on the story of the missing three million. He wrote a book that includes the story. It was published in 2005. Joe Levine died in 1987 without any investigators having asked him about Dorothy Kilgallen or Ron Pataky. If you find published or broadcast stories about him, you will learn about his interactions with actors, directors and producers only, not columnists or reporters.

You Tube has a video of Michael Caine reminiscing about Mr. Levine. They made the 1964 movie Zulu, which did much better in the European box office than in the United States. Americans associated Mr. Levine with "schlock" (such as a tawdry 1965 biopic of Jean Harlow) until The Graduate made him seem classy. So he needed support from Ron Pataky and other newspaper critics.

Can anyone here separate the Kilgallen dimension of the conspiracy from Hollywood history ? Most people can't, and for that reason she has fallen between the cracks of the legacy of the 1960s. People don't listen to or read what she actually said. She lives on with her questioning of game show contestants. Yes, her name does turn up on hundreds of Oswald / Ruby websites, but nobody discusses what she actually said about those guys, or what Ruby was quoted as saying in her Warren Commission scoop.

edit on 31-3-2011 by hopingwarmth because: More than an hour ago I worked hard on this long post. Then I signed out of ATS. I signed in more than an hour later and was horrified to discover that some of my paragraphs are in the font and point size I chose but others aren't. Now that I'm in edit mode, the preview makes the whole thing look perfect. I'm praying that's how it will look momentarily after the time allowed for editing expires. Does your system finalize the fonts and point sizes after the editing time has expired ? I'm trying to share what I know about the Kilgallen mystery, so maybe people will be kind enough to help me finalize this post.

edit on 31-3-2011 by hopingwarmth because: Making sure the tops and bottoms of my letters don't overlap. They seemed to overlap in the preview.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hopingwarmth

Thank you for the education...I will know next time not to ask, as there are more learned out there than I am.
I will not apologize for my "stupidity", as there are no stupid questions...or theories...

Enjoy your topic.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
reply to post by hopingwarmth

Thank you for the education...I will know next time not to ask, as there are more learned out there than I am.
I will not apologize for my "stupidity", as there are no stupid questions...or theories...

Enjoy your topic.

No need to apologize. I was relaying what I learned about the Kilgallen mystery from a man who was born in 1924, and he knew the lady personally. He was eleven years her junior. The word "theories" doesn't do justice to what he told me. (Were you referring to your description of Ron Pataky dressing Kilgallen's corpse ? Somebody else did that. He was a newspaper critic of movies and music, and he could not have orchestrated a staged death scene by himself. A witness saw him with Kilgallen on the night she died, but at a place other than her home.)

The man born in 1924, Marlin Swing, claims to have personally observed Ron Pataky at a Manhattan restaurant with "friends of Joe Levine." Mr. Levine died in 1987 without having discussed this mystery publicly, but Mr. Swing and Lawrence Turman are alive and mentally alert. Mr. Turman, born in 1926, professor of cinema at the University of Southern California, knows for a fact that after Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft were booked to film The Graduate, Joe Levine lost the three million dollar budget for reasons he did not explain. This was early 1967, approximately fifteen months after Kilgallen's death.

Mr. Levine, who was head of Embassy Pictures, had an independent producer working with him on this movie. His name was Lawrence Turman, and he started shopping the screenplay and actors to other studios. Before any of them said yes, Mr. Levine announced he had the three million dollar budget after all. Once again, he did not elaborate. Pre-production began a very short time later. The finished film, which displays "Joseph E. Levine Presents" over the opening shot of Dustin Hoffman seated alone on a plane, surprised critics who associated Mr. Levine with sleazy stories of blonde bimbos and tough guys who never mentioned college. They also accused him of staging phony elaborate publicity stunts to draw attention to the premiere screening of a tawdry movie with vulgar characters, but he didn't need to do that with The Graduate. The screenplay, rock music and acting sold the film.

Yes, it is true Joseph E. Levine co-produced the 1964 historical wartime epic Zulu starring Michael Caine, but people complained that that, too, was sleazy because it twisted history. Dorothy Kilgallen said nothing negative about it in her column. (She died in November 1965 without knowing what would get filmed in early 1967.) In The Graduate Joseph E. Levine seemed to get everything right, even with the misunderstood baby boom generation. Was he a mobbed - up risk - taking old fogey (age 62 in 1967) who happened to get lucky with new kids on the block named Dustin Hoffman, Simon and Garfunkel ? Warrants further investigation. Maybe, just maybe, you will learn something about the mystery surrounding Ron Pataky, Dorothy Kilgallen, Oswald and Ruby. Joe Levine's son, Richard Levine, is alive. Lawrence Turman, who co-produced The Graduate, is 84. Then you have the Freedom of Information Act.
edit on 31-3-2011 by hopingwarmth because: I added a few things. I'm making sure all the paragraphs are in the same font and point size. I might not know what the post looks like until the time allotted for editing has passed and the post gets finalized. Thanks for your tolerance. Bye now.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Apologies for the slow reply, I've been busy. Anyway, I'll try and reply again in more detail soon but I just wanted to quickly comment on this point of yours (above) first of all. I primarily wanted to say that questions should always be asked!

Even questions posed to those whom are supposedly more "learned" in a topic than you.

Sorry to sound so patronizing, but but I just wanted to say that..

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nicely presented. Starred and flagged.
Tragic death's. There seem's to be alot of anomalies surrounding her death and the death of her friend.
Nice work mate

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Great work! I believe, and always have that Kilgallen was done in by what—me and a friend of mine call—the pill men. Recall the great movie JFK when they shot a scene where they showed glimpses of what happened to David Ferry right before he was to testify. . . . The scene had real short shots of men shoving pills down David Ferry’s mouth and him struggling to get free from their deadly grip. He was then found dead. Of course this was a movie but the depiction of how they did him in was likely the way it was, as Kilgallen I am sure suffered the same fate. Incidentally, also, I believe Marylyn Monroe was done in by the pill men—they were very busy in that period on or about around the JFK murder.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Wow, nice thread. Thanks for all the info. In my song I sing about Pataky a bit.

I am a fingerstyle guitarist and have a song I just wrote and sung about her:
Who Killed Dorothy Kilgallen:
www.macjams.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join