It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa
Could those noises be "space quakes"? news.nationalgeographic.com...

IMHO, no. Because no-one from NASA is connecting the dots. Looking at NASA.gov yields no useful info about 'the sounds'.

linea segundo.
edit on 11/3/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I've been hearing something lately.

Just outside my bedroom there's a carport covered with corrugated steel and fiberglass that's been rumbling the last two days like there's a storm at a distance.I can only hear the noise close to the carport, not in the living room or front porch.It seems only the lightweight steel/fiberglass is being affected.Annoyingly it's been most active at night.As of 6pm Monday its been pretty calm for a while.

I believe it's the solar winds.

Some observations I've made(I'm no science whiz or so bear with me) led me to reason that there's a correlation with an increase of wind speed and the noise I'm hearing.I spent most of the weekend in my bedroom so it was easy to just sit there and listen.I noted multiple instances where the wind will be completely dead,followed by a short, maybe 10mph gust followed almost immediately by a low frequency rumble.They don't go hand and hand all the time but when they do it basically does the same every time;same wind speed, same length of the gust, same timing after the gust begins.

Kind of strange stuff.

Loc. KS

edit on 12-3-2012 by Marv5286 because: grammar

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Marv5286

Okay, I went back and read for a while and it turns out most peoples experience is different from what I heard which was just a short rumble lasting 3/4 a second or so.Also I thought the thread was a bit more recent.I just began hearing the noises and never hard or read anything in the media about them so I assumed this just started happening, and figured everybody experienced the same rumble.Apparently not.I think I found a couple here (one example here, two days before mine) so far and at least one on justpiper.com.The guy on justpiper describes the same thing I experienced except for the direction it came from and his location 1,000 miles away in FL.He described it as hearing sonic booms all day and being the same noise level and distance every time.It was also posted two days before my experience started.

I'm wondering, Is there some process in gas or oil drilling/fracking that could produce the same 3/4 second rumble at the same noise level at irregular intervals over a ~50 hour period?That's the only thing it's going to be around here.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Im just wondering if anyone down my way heard a loud one (noise in the sky not a fart) at about 7.50am this morning and lasted all told about a minute and a half. It was a good'un.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Strange sounds and vibrations reported in Wisconsin, Mid-March:

Clintonville Stumped by Strange Sounds

Strange Booms and Vibrations in Clintonville

located about 35 miles west of Green Bay Wisconsin.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

A plausable explanation.

www.datelinezero.com...
edit on 19-3-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

I'm no geo-physicists but damn that sounds like one hell of a great explanation.
The only question is, why are they happening at such a frequent rate?

Could this be why? From your source..

Intensification of the energy processes in the Earth’s core can modulate the geomagnetic field which, through a chain of physical processes at the ionosphere – atmosphere boundary level, generates acoustic-gravity waves the audible range of which has been heard by people in the form of a frightening low-frequency sound in different parts of our planet.

That energy in the core can lead to one hellstorm of mother nature problems..

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Here's one for the collection.

A MYSTERY NOISE is being investigated in Killarney. The noise was first reported in the Beaufort area, which is a small town 15km from Killarney, nearly a year ago.

www.thejournal.ie...

The report is quite vague on what type of noise it is, the only description being a "hum"

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
with all the reports im wondering if this thread can host enough pages

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Too many BOOMS heard all over the world.
It has to be something that can effect the entire planet...a la the earth's core.
There is a link just a few posts above posted by another person.

Sounds Explained?

This is a very plausible explanation that I believe is key in all of this. If the core is awakening, what implications could that mean for the world? The writing is on the wall.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Time after time, time after time
The skies are darkening they grow so dim
Strangers are meeting but it never ends
And one day they'll remember, one day they will know

(Time after time)
From far away there comes a warning sound
And no one listens but it's all around

[Chorus:]
Time after time, no hiding anywhere
Time after time, the visions in the air
Time after time, they come from everywhere

(Time after time)
Time after time
Just listen to the sirens of the world
They breathe a whisper waiting for the word

(Time after time)
Time after time it is the same old story
Another footstep on the trail of glory

[Chorus]

The beauty of the earth from way up high
Shines like a jewel on the velvet sky

The skies are darkening they grow so dim
Strangers are meeting but it never ends

[Chorus]

Emit retfa emit, no hiding anywhere
Emit retfa emit, no visions in the air
They come from everywhere

ELO have been giving us clues? lol

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

Thank you Tangled2011!

One of my very favorite songs :-)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This might be a clue

www.ih2000.net...
The entire "theory" is very interesting. Must read!

For some years now, many have been speaking about the coming Earth changes; however, for the most part, no one has said what is causing them. There are inherent changes that are always occurring, but those pronounced changes that can reset time will be caused by, and have been caused by, cosmological effects occurring in space. This has been shown to have occurred 46,000 years ago, and even several other times in the past. These Events are cyclical in nature.

In October 2006, There were 9 x-class flares from the Sun. The peculiar thing is that the Solar Spot activity was relatively benign. This is quite interesting because "...whenever the sun enters a phase with very few sunspots, our cosmic-ray rate increases. This is because the sun's plasma no longer protects the Earth, and more radiation leads to global cooling," The Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes, points out. The authors write on pages 180-181:
More cosmic rays cause more water vapor to condense into clouds.
More clouds block more incoming sunlight. The weather gets cooler.
More clouds form larger and more violent storms. The climate becomes colder.
More storms produce more rain and snow. Temperatures drop.
More snow reflects more light energy to space. The atmosphere turns colder.
More cold water and ice enter the ocean. The climate grows even colder.

The Earth and its sun with the other planets of this solar system, have been passing through the galactic or spiral arm for millions of years. But, of later cosmological time, the Earth has been moving from the outer edges of the spiral arm. We have been approaching this densest field of gravity portion for some time now, especially within the past several years, with increasing weather changes. In the immediate future, not too distant, we will witness:

Increased Windstorms with increasing intensity
Increased Tornadoes with increasing intensity
Increased Snow, Ice, Rain with increasing intensity
Increased Floods with increasing intensity
Increased Volcanic Activity with increasing intensity
Increased Earthquakes with increasing intensity
Increased thunder with increasing intensity...its blast wave will knock things over. It will be unbelievable.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I'm from Louisiana and we have also been hearing these mysterious noises. My husband works for the Police Department and they have had lots of calls about people hearing weird noises outside their homes. We both lay in bed a few nights ago and listened to the rumbling and our dog barking back at it. It almost sounded like someone shaking a large piece of tin. The local PD has dismissed it as thunder, cows(I know right?) and "something" outside the city(Godzilla maybe?)....Only time will tell..

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
reply to post by Egyptia

I'm no geo-physicists but damn that sounds like one hell of a great explanation.
The only question is, why are they happening at such a frequent rate?

Could this be why? From your source..

Intensification of the energy processes in the Earth’s core can modulate the geomagnetic field which, through a chain of physical processes at the ionosphere – atmosphere boundary level, generates acoustic-gravity waves the audible range of which has been heard by people in the form of a frightening low-frequency sound in different parts of our planet.

That energy in the core can lead to one hellstorm of mother nature problems..

This sounds feasible. The electromagnetics of the sun has weakened and hence the heliosphere and hence the solar system and earth. Some interesting facts here
www.timelinetothefuture.com...

According to scientists, Earth’s magnetic core has been slowing down for decades and it’s theorized that Earth’s magnetic field is generated by this revolving magnetic core. Scientists have also determined that Earth’s magnetic field has weakened to its lowest levels in recorded history. However, scientists are reluctant to draw any correlation between these two events as they report the slowdown in Earth’s core is a minor perturbation and would not affect the more significant changes to Earth’s electromagnetic field. Of course, this electromagnetic field is what protects Earth from the Sun’s harmful radiation.

Also more reports of significant meteorites getting into the atmosphere have been reported recently, even seen during the day, which could imply there are more getting through generally. The sonic booms and associated soundwaves caused by these could be the cause of some of these sounds.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I thought there was construction work happening somewhere or that there was garbage truck going by but it is 1:57am the noise everyone has described I hear right now it was louder then my tv I got window open in my room I live in greensborough which is a north eastern suburd of Melbourne in Australia it is some kind of vibrating, whooshing, whirling noise which is a electric type of noise or some machine noise combined at the same volume and tone sustained with a few beaping type noises ontop of it slightly they go louder and then down in volume to hear it above someone talking then beating goes down to just hear the other strange noises then every 10-20min it sounds like vehicle is hovering moving around the city

Greensborough is in a very mountains area very small mountains thought but still mountains so sound can travel further then if you lived on a flat ground neighbourhood yet

This has been going on for 2 hours now... I heard this once or twice before around the same time but never this long

I have only heard this around this time when the earth spins to let the sun show then the sound is gone then few weeks later same time it is back which is plenty of time for it to move to some other part of the world to be heard

AND the two puppies my mum has bark at something at night but they don't bark when these noises are happening but they were barking yesterday clearly they heard what ever this is a day before I did if this noise was further away last night
edit on 30-4-2012 by Skannerz22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2012 by Skannerz22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Canadians make a racket about mysterious 'hum' coming from US side of border Read more: www.foxnews.com...

I thought this was interesting. I haven't heard any of the sounds people have been reporting but the article above mentions sounds that are coming from the area of the county that the Clintonville booms were happening. What is going on? Now Americans are upsetting the Canadians with our strange hums & booms.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
HEY! I found the source...it's this guy:

At least the beginning is very close.

To me it sounds just like it at the beginning.

edit on 11-5-2012 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join