It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
I commented on this sound here in the Pacific Northwest about a year ago. I had heard it on a few occasions, briefly. Then on December 28th it was the strongest ever and I have heard it almost every day since. It is not as loud as in the other videos, but it is the same sound. What you can not get from the recordings are the VERY low hertz range of these rumblings. I call it rumbling. It resonates in your body and the ground. You can FEEL it. I also recorded (attempted to) the sounds on the 28th. Here it is, but you need to listen with earphones to get the lower frequency and it is very faint...it is just extremely hard to record because you feel it as much as hear it....but it is there:

Here is a link to the thread I started in December about it. Some good stuff there. Puterman and a couple of other members did a whole bunch of neat things with the recording to analyze the sound. I have always thought it was geologic in origin...possibly from the subduction zone, or magmatic. I still do. The fact that now there are so many similar (better) recordings all over the net seems to indicate it is spreading, whatever it is.

Rumbling in the Pacific Northwest today 12/28/2010
edit on 21-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

I have heard the same sounds in the upper reaches of the Taylor river while prospecting. About two weeks before Christmas. The animals all got really stirred up. Lasted may be 4-5 min total, but when your all alone in the wilderness and something like that happens it seems like an eternity.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The one in Kiev sounds exactly like the one in Alberta Canada recently!

I still reckon it's attibuted to HAARP!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
TV coverage from the phenomenon in costa rica.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
youtu.be...

"Deep Underground Military Bases"

edit on 19-1-2012 by jezzewilliamz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezzewilliamz
youtu.be...

"Deep Underground Military Bases"

edit on 19-1-2012 by jezzewilliamz because: (no reason given)

I watched the whole hour and I must say it is most interesting.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I heard this noise this morning in Hazlet, New Jersey at 8:58 am. The noise lasted approximately 25 minutes. It was an eery humming like sound.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here's a copy of my original post on another thread..........couldnt be bothered typing it all out again........ Not sure if the info i link to has already been discussed, if so then accept my appologies, if not, then happy reading.

Ok, ive been a lurker now for a long time but felt it was time for me to post due to the strange nature of these occurences, only been youtube surfing and ATS surfing for the last day and a half and so far what my thoughts are that some are clearly hoaxes which i find annoying due to the fact that these videos do not help to try to solve the matter but in fact only go to help discredit the real events that take place, and well the rest i guess are real........all of which have varying sounds from the barely audible to loud metalic sounds to low rumbling and so on and so forth....... But the one thing i started to notice in ALL of the "real" vids and from the testimony of people who have experienced this for themselves is a recurring theme, and that is they all experience some form of FEAR, VIBRATION, AWE, NAUSEA, DIZZINESS and even visual hallucinations, the list goes on, so i then thought is there a frequency range that can cause all of these and lo and behold there is, check out the link:-

en.wikipedia.org...

It offers up some very interesting information especially the 17Hz Tone Experiment.

Im just getting started here really, but please also check out:-

en.wikipedia.org...

The last paragraph especially interested me as there are pelnty of reports of this noise lasting for HOURS!!!!

"Noise-induced neurologic disturbances in humans exposed to continuous low frequency tones for durations longer than 15 minutes has involved in some cases the development of immediate and long term problems affecting brain tissue. The symptoms resembled those of individuals who had suffered minor head injuries. One theory for a causal mechanism is that the prolonged sound exposure resulted in enough mechanical strain to brain tissue to induce an encephalopathy.[12]"

Well that will do for now, off to learn a bit more before TPTB melt our brains into a grey mushy pulp through the use of inaudible tones for hours on end.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
DOH!!!!, Here are the links again....... Sorry didnt realize they wouldnt link from copy and pasting.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
To borrow the idea from a different thread (and different OP- not me).... I think that the sounds around the world are dolphins and whales flapping their tails on the ocean floor because they are mad.

not really.... But seriously folks.....

I may be wrong... but from what I heard, the 'sound' in the sky is not One Sound. It has Never been One Sound. In the thunder sounds, there is always a background voicey type chatter. Then you have the cannon fire type.... self-explanatory. The what I would call the Godzilla sounds- really sounds like two creatures having a conversation.... not that - that is what it is... but you get the point. (Did I miss any?)

There is Always more than One Sound. There has to be something to that- to maybe help naturally explain (if you're seeking a natural 3d explanation) what this is... So instead of saying 'the sound in the sky'... making that plural would probably be closer to what is going on.

edit on 21/1/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
A couple weeks ago my daughter called from her apartment, she said it sounded like the war of the worlds was going on outside and wanted to know if I heard it, I had heard the noise a few months back but she has no idea about these phenomenon or the post on this forum,

Maybe there is an unseen war be played out in an alternative dimension.

You may be onto something.... Even if said in jest... very good insight/imagination/intuition... something good:

Satan Thrown Out of Heaven
7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them[a] in heaven any longer. 9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Revelation 12:7-9 NKJV

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

This must be one dedicated marketing group.
Just kidding. It appears the noises are getting some media attention.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You guys need to get some sleep. Seriously....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

We can't. The noise is keeping us up! LOL
I would like to say that many parts of the world has done very little to improve its infrastructure over the years.
Maybe someone is finally fixing all of those pipes that are expected to burst.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ok I am hearing a low constant rumble directly to the north and seemingly
far away . I'm on the northwest side of Lake Travis in Austin Texas.
People towards Kileen & Ft. Hood may hear it better. Yes I know
that's a base. But this sound is constant ,too long to be a train, too
weird to be the first few Jet engine tests I've heard in four years.

It was stronger a couple hours ago 10:30 CST,but is still audible (growing fainter slowly)
now.

I wanted to add that I noticed this sound first a few months ago, I wasn't
sure so I blew it off, then about a week ago I noticed it again but more pronounced.
Then, beginning about two hours ago 10:30CST even louder with some more mid
range sweeping sounds along with the rumble.

I live in the country, I outside a lot and I wouldn't post if I didn't find this sound
unique. Don't know if I can record it because I'm just on an iPad .
edit on 23-1-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

I'm off to bed it's 12:30am, early by most ATS'ers, hopefully someone
in the area may see this post and report back .
edit on 23-1-2012 by sealing because: Additional info.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sorry haven't went through all the posts, so not sure if this has been posted already. Apologies if it has.

It's a computer animation showing the space quake theory in action. This guy watches for space stuff and has info on his site about the large solar flares currently occuring. Wonder if we are getting more of these due to possible increase in sun activity.

Sorry cant get the videos to show up, but links below.

www.youtube.com... layer_detailpage&v=m5mXGQbHqP8

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by D8ncer
Sorry haven't went through all the posts, so not sure if this has been posted already. Apologies if it has.

It's a computer animation showing the space quake theory in action. This guy watches for space stuff and has info on his site about the large solar flares currently occuring. Wonder if we are getting more of these due to possible increase in sun activity.

Sorry cant get the videos to show up, but links below.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Good detective work!

In the first video:
...there is a link to the National Geographic article that the narrator reads from. The following is a quote from it (emphasis, mine):

These vortices twirl Earth's magnetic field lines in the North and South Poles, where they can create bright ripples and whirls in auroras. The effects of the vortices can even be felt on the ground, as they can induce current spikes in electrical lines that can bring down power grids over large areas. (Related: "Magnetic Twisters 'Dance' Across Mercury, Study Says.") By watching for spacequakes at polar monitoring stations—or even by looking at the visible effects in auroras—scientists can tell that major spacequakes happen about once a year, Angelopoulos said. Smaller ones happen about once every four hours, he added, so "we have plenty of opportunities to study them."

So from what I'm reading, these spacequakes seem to be concentrated at the N/S poles. Therefore I am reluctant to believe that spacequakes are the cause of these sounds. Plus, AFAIK, no-one from NASA has stepped up and tied these two phenomenas together ... at least not at this point.
edit on 23/1/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Guys ... i think what we are hearing is something to do with space "Solar Flares" those types of things.

I have been hearing something that sounds like a blow dryer that last for 4 - 5 seconds. It does have some kind of similar sound to a Jet.

I do live about 50 miles from a Naval Air Base.

However , i do not recall ever hearing noises like this until the last 1-2 weeks. It happens randomly , i have only heard it 3 times.

I have lived hear all of my life and have heard plenty of Jets and do not recall this particular way in which it is heard.

-----

Can some one confirm this could very possibly be a jet?

I hear literally something that sounds like a Blow Dryer / Jet engines crossing above my house , not to loud to be annoying or make you go wtf .. sounds something like Jet flying over your house. The sound will last about 2-4 seconds. I have only heard it 3 times i can think of , and i have lived here for most of my life and do not recall a sound like that. Possibly a jet .. some how.

I know the sound of combat / training and piston engines very well. I fly privately , and have been around enough aircraft to state that this type of noise isnt very common but i am no expert.

Any ideas??

At the moment i am at my home in Mississippi , around Quitman for those of you that want to take a look on a satellite. ( I am in a small town near there)

-------------

I also live near a Fault line in Quitman , but is inactive , and not a major fault. I do not recall these noises before all this solar active began a couple of weeks back.

I would record the noise , but it is very random and it will last about 2-4 seconds. So it is hard to record it. I also have my window up constantly so it may allow me to hear it easier than others.
edit on 24-1-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Here's another one. It's not mine. Just found it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

Been following this thread and others. Many are saying there is no mainstream "reliable" news media about these strange sounds. I have seen reports in the Costa Rican media, Malaysia, Spain and others, here is one from the National media here in Canada that confirms multiple people including the Mayor of the town hearing it. These sounds are real whatever they are and this report even has a theory from a professor for what his opinion is worth. Sounds logical/reasonable. Anyway enough with the "media isn't covering it" or "why is only the camera person hearing it and no one else", let's hear from the debunkers/skeptics now.

m.ctv.ca...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Could those noises be "space quakes"? news.nationalgeographic.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join