This Bread recipe could be the difference between starving/eating in the times ahead.

page: 5
91
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well I was asked to add this recipe here by the OP


I have this particular recipe bookmarked as well.


Here is mine recipe

Mblah's Horiatiko Psomi:Crusty Country Bread




posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Looking forward to trying all these recipes....

Im also wanting to learn how to cook bread on my outdoor grill
you know, just in case TSHTF, I can still use propane for as long as I am able to....



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
Looking forward to trying all these recipes....

Im also wanting to learn how to cook bread on my outdoor grill
you know, just in case TSHTF, I can still use propane for as long as I am able to....


Start building a small clay and brick oven.

For when the propane runs out.

Tastes much better also.



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Do you mean a Pompeii Oven?? What a great idea I had thanks!!!
Just kidding



posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by jude11
 


Do you mean a Pompeii Oven?? What a great idea I had thanks!!!
Just kidding


Yup! Great minds think alike!

Something like this?



posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Many of you know that I am a baker and love the rustic outdoor baking methods. I wanted to show how simple some of these breads are to make as many people are intimidated when it comes to bread making. It just baffles some because of preconceived misconceptions of difficulty but once ventured into, is an eye opening revelation as to "Hey! I can do this!".

Well, I found a great method that you can make without being too overwhelmed on the first foray into the wonderful World of bread making. How much simpler can it get? It's bread...in a can!


So here's a suggestion. Next time you're having a backyard campfire or out camping with the weenies on a stick, try it. Got kids? Show them the greatest bread ever that can be made by kids. Guaranteed they will be enthusiastic and the lesson they walk away with will be invaluable in the coming years.

Enjoy!


A little more adventurous but still basic and a great example as to what you can do to make that bread more exciting. I like making mine with a little oregano, onion, garlic and basil but each to their own.



posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 16-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Hi. I'm late to the party, but I'm here now, thoroughly enjoying this thread.
The person who showed me how to make bread was the cook at a nearby AF base, so on my very first attempt on my own, I followed her recipe as she didn't know how to reduce it.
I made bread with 50 pounds of flour, a few yeast cakes, etc. Oh I wish someone had had a video cam then!

I made round loaves, rectangular ones, and umpteen rolls. The oven I had was not big, and the last of the pans came out of the oven at 2:15 in the morning. By then my neighbors had been by and gone home. A few minutes later, two squad cars drove up and 4 cops were at the door, grinning sheepishly and telling me they had followed the aroma from a few blocks away, hinting so strongly that they would love to test my baking!

It was a clear night, and I admit that I had the oven going for seven hours at least. However, in a SHTF scenario when you don't want to attract people, what is the best weather to bake in? Rain?



posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by jude11
 


Hi. I'm late to the party, but I'm here now, thoroughly enjoying this thread.
The person who showed me how to make bread was the cook at a nearby AF base, so on my very first attempt on my own, I followed her recipe as she didn't know how to reduce it.
I made bread with 50 pounds of flour, a few yeast cakes, etc. Oh I wish someone had had a video cam then!

I made round loaves, rectangular ones, and umpteen rolls. The oven I had was not big, and the last of the pans came out of the oven at 2:15 in the morning. By then my neighbors had been by and gone home. A few minutes later, two squad cars drove up and 4 cops were at the door, grinning sheepishly and telling me they had followed the aroma from a few blocks away, hinting so strongly that they would love to test my baking!

It was a clear night, and I admit that I had the oven going for seven hours at least. However, in a SHTF scenario when you don't want to attract people, what is the best weather to bake in? Rain?


That's always the question and yes the smell can attract many. I guess just using common sense on when and where to cook is best. A campfire bread doesn't have as much aroma so a few of those might do the trick.

Did you give the cops any bread?


My bakery used to bring the cops in every morning for my biscuit base cinnabuns as well. They have great noses!



posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Ha! Did I give them any? They cleaned out two pans of rolls. But it was great fun.



posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
that bread recipe was so good..

I friend-ed you!

Thanks..good stuff!



posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
that bread recipe was so good..

I friend-ed you!

Thanks..good stuff!


Thanks!

Have you tried it yet? Got Pics?

If not, report back on the results when you do...with pics if possible!



posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


I gave the recipe to my wife yesterday and she made it for us..

being bread lovers here it is sad for me to say this but..

we ate it all..no pics...

also as a side note..

if you fry a piece in a iron skillet(all my wife cooks with) with a little Parmesan cheese..

it is da bomb!



posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by jude11
 


I gave the recipe to my wife yesterday and she made it for us..

being bread lovers here it is sad for me to say this but..

we ate it all..no pics...

also as a side note..

if you fry a piece in a iron skillet(all my wife cooks with) with a little Parmesan cheese..

it is da bomb!


That's the problem with a good home made bread...nothing left but the crumbs!

You didn't mention which recipe you tried. There are many throughout the thread.



posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Ah yes..sorry..

It was the first one you posted..

good stuff too..



posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by jude11
 


Ah yes..sorry..

It was the first one you posted..

good stuff too..


aah...my favorite! I went from the plain one to the one further down in that post with all the spices. (My variation)

If you like savory, that's the one!



posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


you know it..

we are going to do it with the spices tomorrow..

and maybe just a pinch of Parmesan for good measure..

I love Parmesan cheese..

did you see my stuffed mushroom thread yet?

try that if you are into drooling on yourself...


or just try it...hehehe



posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by jude11
 


you know it..

we are going to do it with the spices tomorrow..

and maybe just a pinch of Parmesan for good measure..

I love Parmesan cheese..

did you see my stuffed mushroom thread yet?

try that if you are into drooling on yourself...


or just try it...hehehe


Will try the shrooms and Good Luck with the bread!



posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is a greek recipe for cheese bread.

Ingredients:

350 grams (12.5 oz.) of feta cheese (or goat cheese as you know it, but it isnt)
450 grams(15.9 oz.) of all use flour
20 grams (0.75 oz.) of yeast
1 cup of virgin olive oil
1 cup of warm water
3 eggs
1 table spoon salt

Crumble the feta cheese with your hands into small pieces or larger ones to your desire.
(Smaller pieces will more distributed, as larger pieces will be tastier when chewed on)


Dissolve the yeast thorouly in the cup with the warm water.

Pour the flour in a large bowl, makeing a crater in the middle, and pour the yeast mixture along with the salt in the middle.
Knead until all ingredients are mixed evenly together.
Cover the bowl with a clean towel and wrap it or cover it also with blankets until it has risen well.

In another bowl put in the olive oil, the eggs and the feta cheese. Mix well

When our flour has risen, mix the cheese in, and knead it all together and place it in a pan that you have oiled on the inside (olive oil), and let it rise again.

Put the pan in the oven and bake it at 200 degrees celius (392 deg F) for an hour until it has a golden red color.

You can eat it hot or cold.
Enjoy.



posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikepopy
This is a greek recipe for cheese bread.

Ingredients:

350 grams (12.5 oz.) of feta cheese (or goat cheese as you know it, but it isnt)
450 grams(15.9 oz.) of all use flour
20 grams (0.75 oz.) of yeast
1 cup of virgin olive oil
1 cup of warm water
3 eggs
1 table spoon salt

Crumble the feta cheese with your hands into small pieces or larger ones to your desire.
(Smaller pieces will more distributed, as larger pieces will be tastier when chewed on)


Dissolve the yeast thorouly in the cup with the warm water.

Pour the flour in a large bowl, makeing a crater in the middle, and pour the yeast mixture along with the salt in the middle.
Knead until all ingredients are mixed evenly together.
Cover the bowl with a clean towel and wrap it or cover it also with blankets until it has risen well.

In another bowl put in the olive oil, the eggs and the feta cheese. Mix well

When our flour has risen, mix the cheese in, and knead it all together and place it in a pan that you have oiled on the inside (olive oil), and let it rise again.

Put the pan in the oven and bake it at 200 degrees celius (392 deg F) for an hour until it has a golden red color.

You can eat it hot or cold.
Enjoy.


Gonna print that one...

Thanks!





new topics
top topics
 
91
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join