It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Bread recipe could be the difference between starving/eating in the times ahead.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11
Outstanding thread, jude11
Thanks for considering all the rest of us with your knowledge.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here's one using curly dock seeds: www.youtube.com...
With the predicted wheat shortage it might be good to know ways to stretch the flour we have.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: whitewave
Here's one using curly dock seeds: www.youtube.com...
With the predicted wheat shortage it might be good to know ways to stretch the flour we have.

Thanx!

Every little bit of info helps.

Might try some day.

Peace

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
Outstanding thread, jude11
Thanks for considering all the rest of us with your knowledge.

Just a lot of stuff I like to share when the opportunity arises.

Peace

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Some other primitive seeds for flour/breads.
www.urbanoutdoorskills.com...

I also make flour from dehydrated lambsquarter leaves and also from dehydrated curly dock leaves as well as their seeds. Good for making noodles.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Okay, so I am WAAAAAAY late to this party. But I have a Wondermill Jr grinder that we put through the paces on an almost constant basis. We try to avoid getting white flour (but do get a bit from time to time). We grind Whole Red Winter Wheat, and Oats, and occasionally rice.

From a baker's stand point, what changes have you noticed using different flours.

From what I have noticed thus far.... the oats require more liquid then white flour, and whole wheat requires more kneeding time. I haven't tried rice flour in bread as of yet. Have you OP (Jude) noticed how different [grains/flours/dough mediums] react that are different than the white crap flour (I use that term loosely)?

Would you mind putting a list here on how they are different; PLEASE AND THANK YOU. I already went through and copied all the bread recipes here, that total 15 pages printed.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Ah ha! Thank you!
I skimmed right over this post the first time I read through this thread, because it just didn't apply at the time. Have you by chance come across a tasty workable flour blend with fewer flours? I use the potato starch and I did add a 50 lb bag of sorghum flour to my pantry when I found my coconut flour. So far taste wise the sorghum seems to be closest to wheat to me. Thanks for the reminder too, I should add that to my other list.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join