This Bread recipe could be the difference between starving/eating in the times ahead.

page: 6
90
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


I hope you will like it!!!


I find it very often at the bakeries here, and usually prefer it from other fast food
when I am on the run at work.




posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
OK We're trying your base (first posted) recipe.

We added 1 TBSP Cinnamon and it now smells sooo good while it's rising!

We have some raisins left over from our homemade trailmix that we made a few weeks ago...

So, those are going in before baking the bread. Wish us luck!

If it ends up tasting as good as it smells I think we have a winner!

Thanks so much for spreading the information.
S&F and a bump!

Additionally:

Original Recipe in the OP took all of 30 mins. to prep and that's including scattering ununcovered cinnamon container with clean up time!


edit on 9·17·11 by DrMattMaddix because: edit on 9·17·11 by DrMattMaddix because: corectt MOR spelinng erors



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
OK We're trying your base (first posted) recipe.

We added 1 TBSP Cinnamon and it now smells sooo good while it's rising!

We have some raisins left over from our homemade trailmix that we made a few weeks ago...

So, those are going in before baking the bread. Wish us luck!

If it ends up tasting as good as it smells I think we have a winner!

Thanks so much for spreading the information.
S&F and a bump!

Additionally:

Original Recipe in the OP took all of 30 mins. to prep and that's including scattering ununcovered cinnamon container with clean up time!


edit on 9·17·11 by DrMattMaddix because: edit on 9·17·11 by DrMattMaddix because: corectt MOR spelinng erors


Good Luck!

Next time add the apples.


Pumpkin and spice is always nice...

Peace!



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


The fact that this thread ACTUALLY has made a difference (post above is perfect example), you def deserve another star and pat on the back


Good job for actually putting something meaningful and useful out there for people to use.



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nastradamus
reply to post by jude11
 


The fact that this thread ACTUALLY has made a difference (post above is perfect example), you def deserve another star and pat on the back


Good job for actually putting something meaningful and useful out there for people to use.


Thank you...very much appreciated!

I am so glad more on this thread have actually tried some experimenting as bakiong a simple bread is something I believe everyone should know...just in case.

Now...Get back to da kitchen and start Baking!


Peace



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
OK We're trying your base (first posted) recipe.

We added 1 TBSP Cinnamon and it now smells sooo good while it's rising!

We have some raisins left over from our homemade trailmix that we made a few weeks ago...

So, those are going in before baking the bread. Wish us luck!

If it ends up tasting as good as it smells I think we have a winner!

Thanks so much for spreading the information.
S&F and a bump!

Additionally:

Original Recipe in the OP took all of 30 mins. to prep and that's including scattering ununcovered cinnamon container with clean up time!


edit on 9·17·11 by DrMattMaddix because: edit on 9·17·11 by DrMattMaddix because: corectt MOR spelinng erors


Forgot to add,

10 minutes tops when you get the hang of it!


Good Luck!



posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
OK We're trying your base (first posted) recipe.

We added 1 TBSP Cinnamon and it now smells sooo good while it's rising!

We have some raisins left over from our homemade trailmix that we made a few weeks ago...

So, those are going in before baking the bread. Wish us luck!

If it ends up tasting as good as it smells I think we have a winner!

Thanks so much for spreading the information.
S&F and a bump!

Additionally:

Original Recipe in the OP took all of 30 mins. to prep and that's including scattering ununcovered cinnamon container with clean up time!


edit on 9·17·11 by DrMattMaddix because: edit on 9·17·11 by DrMattMaddix because: corectt MOR spelinng erors


So, how was the end result?

Curious and standing by...



posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This thread has so much great information! I have printed all of the recipes from here, if SHTF I won't be able to check on them online
Thanks to everyone who contributed.

And please keep this thread alive.



posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Ok,

Just an update to the original recipe I posted in the OP.

Today I got a little bored and decided to see how things would turn out if I gave a little push on the artisan bread. Added a cup of sour dough starter that I made this week and the rising time was incredibly reduced.

After putting all ingredients including the starter in the bucket, I turned on the oven for 15 mins. Then I put the bucket on the stove top for the warmth. The bucket was overflowing withing 2 hours!


Baked as per the OP instructions and it turned out crunchy, lighter and tasty...

Anyways, thought I'd share it with everyone.

Peace



posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Put a little dough to the side, added some black olives and jalapenos...Bam!


Crunchy goodness!

Peace



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 

Noob (and wanting to try, or at least make a total gloopy mess in my own kitchen!) question. You say yeast in the recipe. Is this the dried yeast in a packet I buy at the supermarket? I did say noob!



posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by jude11
 

Noob (and wanting to try, or at least make a total gloopy mess in my own kitchen!) question. You say yeast in the recipe. Is this the dried yeast in a packet I buy at the supermarket? I did say noob!



Ok Noob!


Not to worry as these recipes are sooo easy you'll wonder why you never baked before!


To answer the question, yes it's just yeast from a store. Dry yeast that is. Don't get the wet because it's a little more involved to work. Not too much but it doesn't make a difference on these recipes so get the dry.

I prefer Instafirm or fleschmans myself.

Peace and Good Luck!



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thanks for putting up such a good thead. My favorite bread was in a book written by monks. Those monks sure know how to cook!



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Thanks for putting up such a good thead. My favorite bread was in a book written by monks. Those monks sure know how to cook!


Yup...Bread, Beer and Wine...

Monks Rule!

peace



posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
super easy skillet cornbread

1 cup corn meal
1 cup self-rising flour or all-purpose
If you use all purpose...
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
enough milk to make a wet dough


Mix it all, grease the skillet. bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes - check with a toothpick for doneness.

Cut into triangles and serve warm.

The sugar cuts some of the bitter of the corn meal. Also, if you see deer corn, its generally the same maize they use for corn meal, or similar to it. Either way, you CAN (YMMV) grind that up if you want. Corn on the cob is sweet corn and not grainy enough to grind successfully.

Also, you have to soak maize in a alkali-water solution to get the niacin free, or you get pellagra. Old school nixatalization is key to get the niacin. Lye solution or an ash-and-lime water solution are the usual nixatalization liquids.



posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I've only ever made plain white / herby bread before, and I haven't baked in a while. This thread has inspired me to do it again, there are so many fab sounding recipes I can almost smell them! I'm off to buy some flour now.... Also has anyone here made tiger bread before? Always wondered - what gives it that unique taste and aroma...?



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
Thank you very much for this recipe. I have been dehydrating fresh veggies when on sale at the store. Each week I spend end extra 5 dollars on sale items only to be stored away. This week with my 5 dollars I bought 2 pkg egg noodles (99 cents each, should be approx 10-12 srvngs per pkg) carrots 1.09 (to dehydate), 6 pkgs ramen noodles 1.87 Total came to $4.94 plus tax. Wish my budget allowed more but I do the best I can.


If you have a Big Lots in your area hit them up.



posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Great thread!
I'm having so much fun reading this and getting inspired to try some of the recipes. They all sound delicious!
I worked in bakery for about a year (just front, never got to do any baking) but I was able to get some ciabbata dough and made some foccacia bread with it. My brother-in-law DEVOURED it, and he doesn't like much of anything if he doesn't cook it-Lol! Now I've forgotten how to do the foccacia!
Do you guys have a favored recipe to share maybe? Also more links to outdoor/campfire/cobb oven baking please!
I built a small cobb oven last year but just burned everything or it was raw-Lol! It was really too small to hold even heat long enough. I recommend a trial run though if you build one- you will learn a lot about your soil and how it holds up and such.

excellent book on that subject Build your own earth oven
edit on 10-11-2012 by Starcrossd because: spllng



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starcrossd
Great thread!
I'm having so much fun reading this and getting inspired to try some of the recipes. They all sound delicious!
I worked in bakery for about a year (just front, never got to do any baking) but I was able to get some ciabbata dough and made some foccacia bread with it. My brother-in-law DEVOURED it, and he doesn't like much of anything if he doesn't cook it-Lol! Now I've forgotten how to do the foccacia!
Do you guys have a favored recipe to share maybe? Also more links to outdoor/campfire/cobb oven baking please!
I built a small cobb oven last year but just burned everything or it was raw-Lol! It was really too small to hold even heat long enough. I recommend a trial run though if you build one- you will learn a lot about your soil and how it holds up and such.

excellent book on that subject Build your own earth oven
edit on 10-11-2012 by Starcrossd because: spllng


I have been so involved with gut wrenching, nerve racking conspiracies lately (ATS pulled me in)
that I have to return to my roots. And that is helping/sharing with others. My breads are what make me feel whole in the morning and then I turn to conspiracies. ugh.


Anyways, please remain posted as I will refresh this thread over the next few days.

BAKE ON!!!!

Peace!





new topics
top topics
 
90
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join