It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus Libya Prediction WW3

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by Misoir

Britain and Germany were the ones who wanted the muslims here to make Europe an Islamic state though.

Where did you get that from?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
i just wanted to add some fuel for thought if i skipped it in previous post sorry

1. Aren't there a ton of arabians living in western and eastern europe

2. The translate french to arab may be understood a different way ie make French speak arab as a language.

just some thought

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Chinese Navy Missile Frigate Libya Coast - Nostradamus prediction 'Yellow Giant Waking Up'?

WTF are they doing there? Anyone?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
You dont see the issue? If a "designer" as you put it knows millions or billions of years even before we are born what our ultimate destinies will be, they are unchangable. After all, if an omnipotent god is infallable, he therefore cannot be wrong. If he cannot be wrong, we are not "free" to change our destiny.

I suspect either you are a very religious man or simply cannot grasp that basic truth. Please explain to me how someone infallable can know my actions before i do them, yet i am still free to "change" those actions, thereby excersizing my free will. I bet you cannot.

edit on 21-3-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

I don't mean to interject, but I have always been fascinated by the concept of free will and/or the lack thereof. I'm by no means a religious person. Far from it, I'm an agnostic skeptic. But, actually, the possibility does exist that we lack free will in the traditional sense. Cognitive and generative sciences have done a lot of research in recent years showing that the sense of choice or volition is experienced after the energy potential that causes the brain to actually carry out an action. In one experiment they were even able to stimulate subjects to move their hands, and the subjects subjectively experienced volition; i.e. they believed and felt that they were choosing to move their hands. It is widely speculated now that this is how our brains function under normal circumstances as well now; i.e. that while the universe is quantum mechanical and therefore not deterministic at the fundamental level, it may also not be one in which cognitive choices can be made without them being the end result of - on a macrocopic scale at least - deterministic processes.

So it is at least within the realm of possibility, however marginal it may seem. The human ego (and I don't mean that in the conceited sense, but the psychological and neurological as the ego is believed to be an emergent property of the behavior of our brains) abhors this possibility, but to dismiss it entirely is not consistent with observational and experimental data in my opinion. You said you refuse to believe we lack free agency/free will because it would render life pointless. What if life is pointless, at least in the traditional anthropomorphic sense? If that's the case, then it wouldn't matter if you accepted it or not. It would still be the case, and in fact, you would have no choice but to not accept it because of the myriad factors resulting in that feeling or thought on your part. Note: I'm not saying that IS the case at all. But it is a fact that it's possible we lack free will.

I created a topic on this a while back. If you want to read it and take part, that would be awesome: Is it at least possible that free will is entirely an illusion? It would seem so.

I don't like the prospect anymore than you do, if it helps any.
But if it's possible, then technically, so is prophecy. (Not saying I believe that these are accurate prophecies, let alone applicable to our own time. I'm open to the possibility, though.)
edit on 3/21/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typos

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by digipulse

Nostradamus.....

Listen to this: This is a four year.....and the quantrain is Q4.4

Obama is the 44th president of the USA

__________________________________________________________________________________________

LIBYA NOSTRADAMUS

Libyan Prince powerful in the West will come to inflame very much French with Arabian. Learned in letters condescending, he will translate the Arabian language into French.
Q 3:27

This is a FOUR YEAR, and this quatrain is Q4.4

When they will be close the lunar ones will fail,
from one another not greatly distant,
cold, dryness, danger towards the frontiers,
even where the oracle has had its beginning.

edit on 20-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

"Learned in letters condescending" Released Wikileaks cables? Hmmm.. Just thinking out loud.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Something you also have to remember is that when this book was published based on John Hogue interpretation, Libya and Ghaddafi (in 1986) were up to the same old same old as they are now. It could simply be viewed as a smart writer figuring out that a dictatorship can last decades, thus being able to predict something going on in 1986 could potentially see more upheaval of the same kind decades from when writing the original prediction in 1986...for example in 2011.

I could sit here and predict that in 2020 Africa's General lil'kemasabe mwutombwo will cause widespread panic and chaos as he defies and carries forward on attacks geared towards and spiritually claiming angst against the biggest brother of them all.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

I don't see how it could mean mixed heritage.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

Maybe but when I bought this book 10 years ago I read the Gadaffi bit & thought it was WAY off. Who thinks Obama will be in the Whitehouse 2036? It's 25 years time.......a LONG shot for any author surely?

ps to the person saying this is trending on Twitter - can't see it so where are you getting your info?

edit on 21-3-2011 by digipulse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Anagramming 'A man of culture' was a brilliant idea. In the mid 90's I taught classes on Nostradamus Quatrains and Letters, and much anagramming was done on simple phrases that 'stuck out' through grammar or embellishment. No one had computers then either. The Book I used was

But it is important to have an understanding of the French, the Calendar and the Astrology of Nosty's day. I spent many years in self study on this out of personal interest before being invited to hold the class.
My class knew the 'Great King Of Terror' would come in Sept. Septembre, not July. And that Nostradamus calendar would put this date not on our 1999- but 2 years afterwards.

Another thing to study is the Astrology. Often you see reference to 'the mule' or the animals feed trough. Back then the sign of Cancer was seen as a Mules feed trough or animals feed trough in the sky. This is a cancerian state such as the U.S., as we signed our Declaration on July 4.

Here is a site that does Marvelous translations from the 1568 book. Something I would have loved to have done if we had internet then in the way we have now. It reminds me of the classes I used to give.

Have fun

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Anyone who isn't a scholar in the French language should keep themselves from making interpretations of these quatrains. Anyways even the best French philologists couldn't make up what Nostradamus was talking about in most of his quatrains, since these are terribly convoluted and bizarre.

And some precisely dated predictions turned out to be quite false, like the one about a "great king of terror" who would come form the skies in July 1999...

Take this with a grain of salt.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
Anyone who isn't a scholar in the French language should keep themselves from making interpretations of these quatrains. Anyways even the best French philologists couldn't make up what Nostradamus was talking about in most of his quatrains, since these are terribly convoluted and bizarre.

And some precisely dated predictions turned out to be quite false, like the one about a "great king of terror" who would come form the skies in July 1999...

The 'Great King Of Terror' is true.....an easy translation. Where did you get 1999 from if not an extra to suit a book of the time. I feel a lot of nonsense relating to him has been made by authors wanting to make a buck....so look at the CORE names & descriptions he was making....he did not mention 1999 - that was in the author's mind.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Very well stated and i agree 100%!

It truely doesnt matter what i think, and whether or not i choose to believe in prophecy makes no difference. If the world is how you describe it, life is pointless. My opinion doesnt matter.

My refusal to believe it is more for my own comfort. I dont WANT to believe it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Cool find OP. Thanks for sharing. S&F

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Don't get me wrong. I am in complete agreement with you in not wanting to believe it. I really hope it isn't the case. Or, if it is, that there is some level of meaning we just aren't capable of perceiving, comprehending, or even conceiving of (which, when I really think about it, seems likely; how many times have the truths we've clung to in history been turned on their heads? It seems likely to me that we really don't know jack in the end LOL.)

So, I don't want people to take the possibility as being a pessimistic or futile one. Maybe there is something beyond the paradigm of free will or the lack thereof that we just can't conceive of. Maybe we're part of something greater than we can ever know. Or, maybe, everything is entirely random and pointless. Who knows? That's the damning thing. We can't know. So I just say, go with what gives you happiness and fulfillment. No reason to make yourself unduly miserable in my opinion. (Of course, all of this is moot if we have no free will. We will feel how we feel. It's enough to make one go mad when you really think about it LOL.)

edit on 3/21/2011 by AceWombat04 because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

It wasn't false. See my post immediately above yours. When arrogant people try to put their own dates from todays calendars they put this as July 1999.

Actual word was SEPT. Which people translated to seventh and so, without thinking past their noses - to them it meant July. And in Nostrodamus day Easter time was the beginning month of the year. Not Jan1. And it is a year off from ours.

So don't take a completely unthought out translation which is totally wrong according to Nosty's calendar and so then use those wrong dates to say Nosty was 'wrong'.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'm not a big fan of Nostradamus. His predictions are almost always about France....

I can't see Qaddafi leading any massive rise of Arabs. He doesn't have influence over his own people now also he isn't an Arab. Try North African

IMO= 0 credibility
edit on 20-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Well considering he got Gaddafy right, I would like you to try doing it. Oh, one thing I will also say, he did mention a cultural difference, and the west has a higher standard of equality though still under so many coverups and control.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by nightbringr

You continue to use the word "pointless" without stating what exactly the point is. If life has a point then it would follow that that point would have to exist prior to our existance. To accept predestination is not to exclude free choice. To accept predestination is to say there is a grand design and that foreknowledge of ones choices does not take away ones right to free will. It merely shows the grand design took into account those free will choices each of us makes, and implies the designer having foreknowledge of those choices we would make. We see in the present only, so we have little understanding of what "the point" is.

You dont see the issue? If a "designer" as you put it knows millions or billions of years even before we are born what our ultimate destinies will be, they are unchangable. After all, if an omnipotent god is infallable, he therefore cannot be wrong. If he cannot be wrong, we are not "free" to change our destiny.

I suspect either you are a very religious man or simply cannot grasp that basic truth. Please explain to me how someone infallable can know my actions before i do them, yet i am still free to "change" those actions, thereby excersizing my free will. I bet you cannot.

edit on 21-3-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

You keep comparing free will to destiny, but the two are not (as would seem at face value) that related. They can indeed exist together. There CAN be an ultimate end (as there are to all things) but that doesn't necessary demand certain actions by all players involved. Every line has a beginning and an end. How you get from the beginning to the end is up to you.

There are some basic tenets which YOU have to come terms with. Everybody dies. That is the end of the road. Are you always destined to die? You're arguing because i'm destined to one day die that I have no free will, but I can garuntee you that I was not forced to write this post. Just because there is an defined end and beginning doesn't mean I'm forced to walk a certain path between them.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You know the thing is the future is not 100% -- and I'll put it in very simple terms so everyone can (well almost everyone) can agree.

We all have different perspectives.

Because of that, one persons writings/predictions/prophecies may seem right to you while I will go down saying the opposite until my dying breath.

Do I think some people have a knack for hitting some things on the nail in the future by predicting events to come? Sure. We all do though, just some more than others or some more consciously than others if you'd rather hear it that way.

If you disagree then I completely understand.

You're entitled to your own perspective

Anyway, Nostradamus did one thing right. He knew that he was good at math and writing and used that to his advantage. If you're going to tell the future in any sort, you will need to use math. Numbers are the only absolutes which can have variables applied easily -- thoughts/feelings however are much harder to read.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by AceWombat04

Very well stated and i agree 100%!

It truely doesnt matter what i think, and whether or not i choose to believe in prophecy makes no difference. If the world is how you describe it, life is pointless. My opinion doesnt matter.

My refusal to believe it is more for my own comfort. I dont WANT to believe it.

Noghtbringr, I wanted to just state that regardless of my "religious" situation, my only goal was to have you consider opening your mind to other possible realities and more importantly have you examine the word "pointless" as it relates to our lives. To use the word "pointless" is to imply that there is a point to life. What Point? Whose Point? Where did that Point come from? I understand when we are challenged in our preconcieved notions it is uncomfortable. I don't have all the answers, but I'm still seeking truth. Good luck on your journey!

edit on 21-3-2011 by romanmel because: typo

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sorry I had to share this too as it it a bit spookie. Here goes:

Par grand fureur le Roy Romain Belgique,
Vexer voudra par phalange barbare :
Fureur grinçant chassera gent Lybique,
Depuis Pannons iusques Hercules la hare.

With great fury the Roman Belgian King
Will want to vex the barbarian with his phalanx:
Fury gnashing, he will chase the Libyan people
From the Pannonias to the pillars of Hercules.

PHALANX IS A DIRECT TRANSLATION - IT IS AN ANTI SHIP MISSILE SYSTEM !!!
Reman Belgium King? Read Sarkosy. Sarkozy is a Frenchman of mixed national and ethnic ancestry. He is the son of Pál István Ernő Sárközy de Nagy-Bócsa,and Andrée Jeanne "Dadu" Mallah (b. Paris, 12 October 1925), who is of French Catholic and Greek Jewish origin Pál Sárközy was born on 5 May 1928 in Budapest into a family belonging to the untitled Pál Sárközy was born on 5 May 1928 in Budapest into a family belonging to the untitled Hungarian nobility Fits but not exactly - pretty close & it might be what Nos saw....as I stated he did not have CNN.....he could make small errors but I bet the BIG things he recalled - as we all would - but we may get slight details wrong....he was human after all.

SEE HERE: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-3-2011 by digipulse because: asd

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join