It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JJjumpman23
.. You left out the theory that they casted the large stones using alchemistry way more advanced that what we have today. The ancients played with atoms like toys, changing the properties of matter at will. The stones were once soft and they let them hardened into place .This could explain the exact precision of the pyramids...

so, you think they just ´changed the properties of the matter (of the softer lime stone) at will´

..the harder to work 60 ton granite slabs, they didn´t ? They ´cast´ it?
wrong.

edit on 25-10-2016 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

GREAT thread!

PS: but aliens did it.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You can't cast granite.

Harte

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
you can melt granite as smelters do, the product is slag after
the metals are drawn off. so why not take the melt and pour into
molds? it can be done.

a reply to: Harte

edit on 25-10-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drawsoho
you can melt granite as smelters do, the product is slag after
the metals are drawn off. so why not take the melt and pour into
molds? it can be done.

Because it won't be granite if it cools at atmospheric pressure, that's why. It'll be something like andesite or basalt, recognizable as "not granite."

Harte

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If the ancients could achieve 1260c or 2300F, they'd have the tech
for controlling the cooling and recrystallization rate too, re-
constituting the pour to the original structure of the granite.
Modern concrete pours sometimes use cooling tubing to
control the heat generated when concrete cures.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drawsoho
If the ancients could achieve 1260c or 2300F, they'd have the tech
for controlling the cooling and recrystallization rate too, re-
constituting the pour to the original structure of the granite.
Modern concrete pours sometimes use cooling tubing to
control the heat generated when concrete cures.

They would have to control the pressure as well. Temperature is not the factor. And why would they do this? Just to fool us?

Harte

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
You can't cast granite.

Harte

I thought this was obvious.
lol.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: anti72

originally posted by: Harte
You can't cast granite.

Harte

I thought this was obvious.
lol.

Yes, but like addressing so many other claims at this site, it seems like it's necessary to state the same facts over and over again ad infinitum.

Harte

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
One question we often hear is how did they move the massive stones from the river transport to the pyramids themselves.

Well, in an entirely unrelated topic, i was watching a documentary on BBC the other night about the Orkneys (Britain's Ancient Capital). They have discovered loads on ancient standing stones but also similar megaliths used horizontally and obviously this lead to the usual archeological conundram of how did they move them?

Well, said archeologists then did the archeological thing of getting volunteers and trying differing methods of dragging a 1.5 tonne stone over rough Orkney terrain (far farder than in Egypt for dragging stones). A large group tied dragging the stone downhill for a few hundered metres.....they managed it but it was very stop start and not at all easy - and the actual journey would have been harder than this sample test.

The interesting part was what happened next. A local had been watching them and strolled over to suggest they try an older Orkney version for moving stones (one his grandfather amongst others had used at the local quarry). His revolutinary idea was.......seaweed.

This lead to a bit of scientific head scratching before the obligatory shrug of the shoulders and "we'll give it a go" terminology. For a challenge, it was only a few people dragging this time and instead of going downhill, they tried uphill. The results blew my mind! They at one point were literally running uphill dragging this stone after them, it was so easy.

Now obviously, i am not suggesting they used seaweed in Egypt but as resourceful fellows they may well have had a local equivalent. Does anyone know if any research has gone into this? The seaweed worked because when weight was added it released whatever chemical and this acted as a natural lubricant..........

Honestly, though, for that moment alone, i thoroughly recommend trying to catch the series.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I've always thought they simply cut the stone as cylinders, then rolled them on site.

Once they are were at final location, they would be cut down to size, and the extra tailings would help build the ramp as the pyramid gets taller.

There are many tricks available to make a cylinder roll efficiently, which also correlate to the artifacts in the OP.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
(sigh) Again?

originally posted by: Flavian
One question we often hear is how did they move the massive stones from the river transport to the pyramids themselves.

On sleds (called "sledges"). There are tomb paintings of them moving big and heavy statues on sledges. They poured water in front of them (picture of that, too, in a tomb) to make it easier to pull. And they had crews of 200 men each.

The rocks aren't that big... average weight is around two tons, but the upper tiers are much smaller and weigh less.

Well, in an entirely unrelated topic, i was watching a documentary on BBC the other night about the Orkneys (Britain's Ancient Capital). They have discovered loads on ancient standing stones but also similar megaliths used horizontally and obviously this lead to the usual archeological conundram of how did they move them?

Ropes and levers and (possibly) log rollers. They're raised by levering and stacking stuff under them.

A large group tied dragging the stone downhill for a few hundered metres.....they managed it but it was very stop start and not at all easy - and the actual journey would have been harder than this sample test.

I will note that most of these tests are carried out using modern humans (who aren't used to hard labor) and groups of fewer than 50 people.

Does anyone know if any research has gone into this?

Undoubtedly.

The seaweed worked because when weight was added it released whatever chemical and this acted as a natural lubricant..........

It's a moist slurry. They could use animal fat, plant oils, or crushed carrots if they had them. Heck, you could even use steaks or bacon or anything with a high liquid content, including good old mud (the Egyptians did the same thing by pouring water in front of their sledges to make wet ground/mud.)

edit on 6-2-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Just going to leave this here for anyone who hasn't seen it yet !

Wally Wallington
edit on 6-2-2017 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

To be fair, i only posted in this thread as the ATS search wasn't bringing up the Baalbek thread for me - i think it is more applicable information for the huge megaliths there.

Possibly even South America in regards to Incan fortresses, etc - we always see people asking how they moved the huge blocks up the mountains.

In regards to the Orkneys, the log rollers weren't very effective. Heath and bracken is difficult terrain to try and use log rollers on, as evidenced in the programme. Which was where the local came in, suggesting seaweed.

So yes, simple physics solves many of the issues - but adding other ingredients (in this case seaweed) makes it far far simpler. Like i say, at one point they literally run uphill dragging the stone behing them - over broken terrain.

top topics

<< 35  36  37   >>

join