It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Why you have make my head explode? I can't possibly comprehend all that in one sitting, marvelous job on presenting everything you put forth. How do you do it? Do you know something that the builders did? Do you know that you do? Somethings gotta give. Maybe all it takes to figure it all out is to look in places that were not originally the proper place for said knowledge, like Area 51 type place but under the radar. Again Kudos, this is one of my fave threads.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The pyramids would need machines with mechanical advantage to move 2 1/2 ton blocks. The block and tackle system was not used until 280 BC well after the 2500 year old pyramids were built. The Egyptians did have emperical mechanical knowledge of basic machines and some sofisticated wood working abilities. With the use of energy and space saving machines the two million blocks could be easily moved. I do not believe that the Egyptians would need to make long 1/20 foot ramps with long lines or more of 20-30 men straining to haul stones up the side of a pyramid. By using the advantage of a windlass (djed) or shaduf system the blocks could be pulled up the side of the pyramid. Two windlass machines with a 10/1 advantage pulling a 5000 lb stone with as llittle as 20 men could exert as little as 25 lbs per man and possibly less force since you are still pulling on an incline plane to lift the stone up the side. In using a shaduf type system with a teeter totter type mechanism using 10-15 -200 lb men walking back and forth on a ramp could exert anywhere from 2-3000 lbs or up to 3,6,9000 lbs mechanical advantage depending how the ropes were attached. These machines would be realitively light, take up little room and could be disassembled when moved. Using multiple machines means 20 to fifty blocks could be moved at a time. Using 10 machines together could pull a 90,000 lb block up the side of a pyramid using 150-200 men. Both machines were within the technical abilities of the engineers of the time. It would save a tremendous amount of work in building ramps and dissasembling them. Since the machines were made out of wood there would be no surviving examples of them. The wood used in making them would be expensive but way less in volume than building a barge used to transport the stones.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is a great site with TONS of interesting features about the great pyramid.

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

ancient-wisdom.co.uk/Ghizaarchitecture.htm#2.20
edit on 12-3-2015 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
When I follow Jean Pierre Houdin´s theory ( like the OP) there I find nothing about those allegedly 2.3 million blocks
of stone. This is just a fabled speculation.
Houdin´s theory is based on the building from the inside out.

FIRST they set the polished, fine worked limestones of the outer casing. Directly behind that follow some rows of
less perfectly worked limestones.

MOST of the mass in the INNER core ( except the inner granite structures) are quite loose FILLER material, stabilized with mortar.
You can clearly see this today. In Al Mamoun´ tunnel you see that, too.

Lehner has written about that.

cheers

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: anti72

Put a battery in the sarcophagus...

The sarcophagus is the key to solving this great mystery.They never buried khufu there. It is a battery holder.

Put a battery in the sarcophagus that is the message I received.The little air ducts are not ducts at all they are blocked by a stone that has copper fittings on it. One positive cable and one negative cable that run in to the air ducts

We need to give it power.Moses took the battery out of giza during the exodus. That's why the people who carried it got sick. We need to do it again.We need to put a battery in the sarcophagus.

Then we will have complete disclosure. Are world will change for the better

Turn it on....
This is the bottom line.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gLuEBoY

Put a battery in the sarcophagus...

Didn't study electronics at school did you. Didn't study Egyptology either

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gLuEBoY

... One positive cable and one negative cable that run in to the air ducts...

actually you have a working system there.. but not electricity..

As the North face of the pyramid is always cooler than the South face, a natural circulation was blowing from the North shaft (descending air), running through the chamber and exiting by the South shaft (ascending air). Thus, the whole pyramid inside was ventilated.

never has a pyramid had internal chambers up high in its body as in the GP..
so ventilation 43 m above the entrance level was a problem.

cheers
edit on 5-10-2016 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So two tiny ducts, tiny on the grand scale of the great pyramid sense, was capable of providing enough ventilation to overcome Torches the workers would have needed to do any kind of work inside once the stones above were laid even though these ducts are only in one place and not every chamber? Yup i'm just a simple layman with a decent skill set, but throwing the baby out with the bathwater and writing off everything that doesn't fit your narrative of "how it was back then" seems a bit shortsighted and short changing yourself of any possible future revelations to be found. We know man can move mountains with ropes and pulleys. We know man can build some strange things for strange reasons. The fact one duct is certainly blocked and has been forever on our timescale kinda destroys the same old lame burial chamber nonsense. The true sign of genius is being able to openly evaluate and contemplate all sides of any argument, that which Egyptology and it's authors have apparently never heard of, kinda like that Sphinx thing that keep destroying the touted timeline.
edit on 5-10-2016 by Floridagoat because: spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floridagoat

So two tiny ducts, .

At this point you should probably look at a diagram...

If they were for ventilation, its clear they were only needed to ventilate a chamber approx 35 x 17 feet. The Kings chamber where they terminate
There are also two shafts that terminate in the Queens chamber.
the construction of the lower parts didn't require ventilation as the interior was already exposed.
The blocks in the shafts are much higher up the pyramid and would have been closed off when that level was reached, long after the chamber they were ventilating was finished.

Guess the lame old burial chamber nonsense is so hard wired into your brain that you easily miss the obvious, so please explain
Why it is shaped like a typical tomb of the period
Why the Queens were buried right outside in little pyramids
Why Khufu's funeral boats were buried outside
Why the structure is built in the middle of a necropolis
Why it had a burial chamber
Why it had a sarcophagus
Why there was a mortuary temple out front where prayers were offered up to the dead king
These things you apparently haven't evaluated
lol

You should also know that Egyptologists don't claim them as air shafts, instead ascribing some unknown symbolical use to them, so really, your post is a straw man argument made because you don't know the first thing about this subject, perhaps its time you read a book written by someone qualified, rather than the journos who just want your money,
most recent claim from Mark Lehner

A symbolic function should also be attributed to the so-called "air-shafts," which had nothing to do with conducting air. No other pyramid contains chambers and passages so high in the body of masonry as Khufu's and so the builders provided the King's Chamber with small model passages to allow the king's spirit to ascend to the stars. (The Complete Pyramids, 1997, p. 114)

edit on 5-10-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

well, the question about the upper shafts still remains unclear and egyptologists like Lehner give traditional views of course.

His work is fine, but in that question it doesnt make sense.

One doesn’t find a shaft in any other pyramids. Why would the Soul of Khufu should have needed such shafts and not the other Kings?

no, I think the upper shafts were indeed necessary for ventilation up to at a certain point in construction.

The QC shafts maybe have additional unknown functions, but certainly were necessary during construction, as they end exactly at the height of the relieving chambers top, under the v-shaped roof and then were sealed off.The Gantenbrink door blocking stones have exactly the same polished white Tura limestone quality as the facing stones near the outer casing.

Up to the end of the construction of the KC, (and rafters on top of the structure of relieving chambers), the whole pyramid inside (corridors and chambers) was ventilated naturally because the Grand Gallery was partially unroofed ...But once the KC was completed, the unroofed part of Grand Gallery was then roofed with large beams brought down from above. As a consequence, the KC was no longer ventilated because it is at a very high (level 43m) above the entrance of the descending corridor (level 17m), with a lower point at the junction of the descending and ascending corridors (level 7m). That gives 36m above any fresh air entrance.
By setting 2 air shafts, on South and North, mirroring each other, ventilation was smartly provided. As the North face of the pyramid is always cooler than the South face, a natural circulation was blowing from the North shaft (descending air), running through the chamber and exiting by the South shaft (ascending air). Thus, the whole pyramid inside was ventilated.

makes sense.

Also, well known archeologist Kerisel is quoted to have said something like this:

´When we went in the KC in the early 90’s, the chamber was very hot and humid, the shafts being filled with rubble at the level of their outlets. The day we cleared these shafts, we could instantly feel the flow of fresh air inside the KC. That flow was sufficient for an empty room…but our problem was to deal with hundreds of visitors, sweating and breathing in the KC after an long and hard effort to reach the room.

cheers

edit on 7-10-2016 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: anti72

well, the question about the upper shafts still remains unclear and egyptologists like Lehner give traditional views of course.

His work is fine, but in that question it doesnt make sense.

One doesn’t find a shaft in any other pyramids. Why would the Soul of Khufu should have needed such shafts and not the other Kings?

Because Khufu's was the only burial chamber with an uphill entrance. If the Egyptians knew anything, it was how to control water flow.

The shafts were a bit of sympathetic magic - representing a symbolic pathway for the "Great Waterway" in the sky to enter (and then exit) the chamber. "Cosmic" water flows into the chamber through the shaft, creating an island of Khufu's sarcophagus which represents the primeval mound.

Harte

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

yes, indeed the GP incorporated unique features not seen in any another pyramid.
I ´m convinced that the architects really learned the lessons of Snofru in planning.
I think that what we actually see now, is the decision in stone that under all circumstances he wanted to avoid beeing in a situation having to build three pyramids ( like Meidum/ Dashur) in the end.
Instead we see his progresses/ development in only ONE pyramid, meaning having three planned burial chambers, if the king would die during the construction stages.
Quite an efford.

primeval mound, yes I read that, too, but I´m not convinced. Too fishy..I mean, who, when not the EA, were masters in spiritual knowledge. They made a science out of that IMHO.
When they really wanted to build something like that, they could have built something like the tomb / shaft of Osiris, maybe in the STC or so..

cheers

edit on 7-10-2016 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

So the workers in the queens chamber had to run out and catch a breath every 3 minutes? You looking at the map and seeing pictures from the inside still think those two tiny ducts vent the entire pyramid? You've obviously never worked that kind of environment otherwise one wouldn't make such a dubious conclusion. Take care with your narrative it really is all about you and what you think only right? HAHA

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

So the workers in the queens chamber had to run out and catch a breath every 3 minutes? You looking at the map and seeing pictures from the inside still think those two tiny ducts vent the entire pyramid? You've obviously never worked that kind of environment otherwise one wouldn't make such a dubious conclusion. Take care with your narrative it really is all about you and what you think only right? HAHA

Yup, you're illiterate, I don't believe they were airshafts and I never said they were, so well done for showing everyone your lack of reading comprehension. Egyptologists don't believe they are airshafts either, so the only person making that claim is you, Which is a straw man argument if you know what that is. That's where an idiot misrepresents the very clear position of a qualified party so that he can attack it, because he has nothing else and doesn't have the level of knowledge to enter into a genuine debate.. Its a logical fallacy only used by really dumb people, because anyone with more than two brain cells can see right through it

I also notice you made no attempt to evaluate the other evidence
Too hard for you was it

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Harte
primeval mound, yes I read that, too, but I´m not convinced. Too fishy..I mean, who, when not the EA, were masters in spiritual knowledge. They made a science out of that IMHO.

I think you may have been reading some "spiritual knowledge" that the ancient Egyptians simply didn't have. Their beliefs were not a "science" by any means and the beliefs actually varied over time and by location. The primeval mound was, however, a dominant belief in the area where Khufu was buried and the pyramid is built over a hillock.

When they really wanted to build something like that, they could have built something like the tomb / shaft of Osiris, maybe in the STC or so..

The various tombs of Osiris are actually older tombs of kings (KIng Den's tomb was one) or temples that have been repurposed.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

They didn't build a pyramid and then carve the chambers out. The chambers were constructed with each layer and then roofed over as the pyramid rose higher. And they moved the sarcophagus into the Kings' Chamber during the early phases. They didn't drag it down that long and narrow corridor.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I think you may have been reading some "spiritual knowledge" that the ancient Egyptians simply didn't have.

I think you are a little underestimating here.
Their actual knowledge about the 3 bodies of a human, their interactions, the doppelgänger, etc is even by todays
standards, extraordinaire. The religious cults developed from that, mummyfication culture inclusive.
That wasnt just a development from earlier desert burials, lol.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I personally believe sound frequencies were used in lifting the blocks. The same I feel for the Baalbeks as well

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I think you may have been reading some "spiritual knowledge" that the ancient Egyptians simply didn't have.

I think you are a little underestimating here.
Their actual knowledge about the 3 bodies of a human, their interactions, the doppelgänger, etc is even by todays
standards, extraordinaire.

Actually, to them there were five parts of the human soul: The ba, the ka, the ren, the sheut, and the Ib - though technically the ba and ka combined to become an Akh.

The religious cults developed from that, mummyfication culture inclusive.
That wasnt just a development from earlier desert burials, lol.

What the religion has to say about the soul develops over time.

In the earliest times, there's no mention of anyone but the king having an afterlife though the idea that they stayed around as ancestral spirits seems to have been common. Things like the "42 statements of innocence" and the judgment in the Hall of Ma'at come much later (near the end of the Middle Kingdom. By Ptolemaic times (3,000 years after the first unification) the Egyptian religion has been modified by contact with groups that conquered it, including Nuba (from which they got the deity Amun who eventually becomes Amun-Re (etc)) and Persia and the Greeks. Hesiod and Herodotus and other authors of the Ptolemaic times (the time of Cleopatra) were reporting on a religion that had gone through sweeping changes and was then more Greek than actual Egyptian.

Mummification was originally only for royals; and it was never actually a practice for farmers or the poorer people of the towns and cities.
edit on 17-10-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join