How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 36
<< 33  34  35   >>

join

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Why you have make my head explode? I can't possibly comprehend all that in one sitting, marvelous job on presenting everything you put forth. How do you do it? Do you know something that the builders did? Do you know that you do? Somethings gotta give. Maybe all it takes to figure it all out is to look in places that were not originally the proper place for said knowledge, like Area 51 type place but under the radar. Again Kudos, this is one of my fave threads.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The pyramids would need machines with mechanical advantage to move 2 1/2 ton blocks. The block and tackle system was not used until 280 BC well after the 2500 year old pyramids were built. The Egyptians did have emperical mechanical knowledge of basic machines and some sofisticated wood working abilities. With the use of energy and space saving machines the two million blocks could be easily moved. I do not believe that the Egyptians would need to make long 1/20 foot ramps with long lines or more of 20-30 men straining to haul stones up the side of a pyramid. By using the advantage of a windlass (djed) or shaduf system the blocks could be pulled up the side of the pyramid. Two windlass machines with a 10/1 advantage pulling a 5000 lb stone with as llittle as 20 men could exert as little as 25 lbs per man and possibly less force since you are still pulling on an incline plane to lift the stone up the side. In using a shaduf type system with a teeter totter type mechanism using 10-15 -200 lb men walking back and forth on a ramp could exert anywhere from 2-3000 lbs or up to 3,6,9000 lbs mechanical advantage depending how the ropes were attached. These machines would be realitively light, take up little room and could be disassembled when moved. Using multiple machines means 20 to fifty blocks could be moved at a time. Using 10 machines together could pull a 90,000 lb block up the side of a pyramid using 150-200 men. Both machines were within the technical abilities of the engineers of the time. It would save a tremendous amount of work in building ramps and dissasembling them. Since the machines were made out of wood there would be no surviving examples of them. The wood used in making them would be expensive but way less in volume than building a barge used to transport the stones.

<< 33  34  35   >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum