It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I have flagged this thread and i wanted to add my own part to this but ran the risk of going off topic then having my post deleted. I am going to link your thread to my thread as i feel information in yours is connected and pieces things together.
I have my own theory and my thread was in regards to why they were built, there are various reasons thrown around but whats to say they are all not right?

Here is the link to my thread and all i ask is for you to read it in full, no stars, no flags until you have read it in full and feel it deserves it. Thats all i ask. Please.

I would like for you and other contributors to your thread to also help by sharing their knowledge and help me piece it all together.
By the way....Excellent thread!
S&F

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
What did the great pyramid look like,from the outside,when it was new? Encased in polished limestone that was painted with multitudes of colored hieroglyphics and with a copper,bronze or gold cap stone? Surely the great pyramid we see now is a withering relic of its former glory and another lesser known fact is the muslim leader that tried and failed to dismantle the great pyramid,it was too hard to do so,although he did cause it damage...en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
What did the great pyramid look like,from the outside,when it was new? Encased in polished limestone that was painted with multitudes of colored hieroglyphics and with a copper,bronze or gold cap stone? Surely the great pyramid we see now is a withering relic of its former glory and another lesser known fact is the muslim leader that tried and failed to dismantle the great pyramid,it was too hard to do so,although he did cause it damage...en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

I doubt that he stopped trying to demolish the pyramid because it was too hard. If it looked like he was going to be successful, I am certain he would have had a visit and instructed to stop. There are things inside the Khufu Pyramid that the current powers that be want to keep hidden and probably incarcerated, which is maybe why they didn't demolish it themselves.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The article was super with many great images and info! I think that the Great Pyramid was built using water locks!
I also think that the Great Pyramid was built to be a water pump. This pump was used for many purposes including irrigation.
Thank you for the great article,
Steven Myers www.thepump.org

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PyramidPump
The article was super with many great images and info! I think that the Great Pyramid was built using water locks!
I also think that the Great Pyramid was built to be a water pump. This pump was used for many purposes including irrigation.

Sure, because it's not like they could count on the Nile to flood their fields or anything, right?
Irrigation before the pyramids were even built:

3100 BC
The first major irrigation project was created under King Menes during Egypt’s First Dynasty. He and his successors used dams and canals (one measuring 20 km) to use the diverted flood waters of the Nile into a new lake called lake "Moeris."

Source
If they were building water pumps, why they build canals from the river to basins they constructed?

The Egyptians practiced a form of water management called basin irrigation, a productive adaptation of the natural rise and fall of the river. They constructed a network of earthen banks, some parallel to the river and some perpendicular to it, that formed basins of various sizes. Regulated sluices would direct floodwater into a basin, where it would sit for a month or so until the soil was saturated. Then the remaining water would be drained off to a basin down-gradient or to a nearby canal, and the farmers of the drained plot would plant their crops.[3]
SNIP
For nearly 1,500 years Egyptian farmers cultivated about 800,000 hectares under this system of basin irrigation. The shaduf, the water-lifting device already in use in Mesopotamia appeared in upper Egypt sometime after 1500 BC (see Illustration 1). This technology enabled farmers to irrigate crops near the river banks and canals during the dry summer.

Source

Harte

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

As far as i'm concerned,egyptians alive here and now,are not capable of constructing a great pyramid of similar megalithic proportions and so how were egyptians able to build one thousands of years ago? without outside intervention? especially when thinking about how we today are constantly told about how we are supposedly so much more advanced than those who lived before us,are we really? or do we just like to think and believe we are?

edit on 13-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

As far as i'm concerned,egyptians alive here and now,are not capable of constructing a great pyramid of similar megalithic proportions and so how were egyptians able to build one thousands of years ago? without outside intervention? especially when thinking about how we today are constantly told about how we are supposedly so much more advanced than those who lived before us,are we really? or do we just like to think and believe we are?

What blocula more argument from personal incredulity?

Guess what we cannot reproduce the battle fleets that fought at Jutland - so I guess that means aliens built them?

The Chinese aren't building more of the great wall - that must mean they cannot - aliens must have done it....
edit on 13/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The Djed was considered necessary to help transform human flesh into the spiritual form assumed by the deceased in eternity. In order to protect and transform the flesh into the spiritual form, a pyramid is needed

How does this translate into a device to move objects ... ?

It doesn't unless they used them for levitation .

The Tet of Osiris is the key ..it is the schematic

Look at this image

1 Base =Earth=Mass the pyramid itself

2 The ARK = Power Source

3 The column = Resistor power regulation

4 Horns or Hands Conductive support for the Eye (metallic)

5 The EYE was an artificial Crystal of very High Tech (details coming)

6 The Field generated by the Crystal Orb (Aka the stairway, rope or ladder to heaven )

7 Denotes Energy Incoming (Feather of Ma'at to be maintained by the pharaoh without which chaos ensued)

The Same thing is being portrayed here

The major field components are more accurately represented here

The Pyramid notice the "queens chamber" is denoted along with two kings chambers

The "arms " extending a rarely mentioned part were the collection point of the energy incoming ........
The God SHU symbolizes this

The Eye at the top glowing due to the charge

The field above the bulls horns or ladder stairway.. the original tree of life so described due to the appearance of the field interaction .

So what were they doing ?

The were tapping the plasma sheath by using a huge gravitational anomaly ....

The same thing would happen if a mountain reached the sky

It would allow a Discharge like lightning but plasma ... a modulated controlled discharge would be maintainable.

How do I draw this conclusion ?

The exotic properties of Ray Browns crystal supply the answers .

This is all I have time for at the moment ..

I thought I'd offer it for your consideration ... so flame away but think about it .

Reference the 2:30 mark

So back to the Initial Quote how did this turn flesh into spirit that and ..

more on the collected properties of the Eye of Osiris (solar orb) later

Read about the EYE stones in the ancient texts Wars were fought for and with them ..

And there was more than one floating around ... Did you ever wonder why crystal balls represented power and occult abilities ?

yes I'm quite Mad ... But this is My Theory .

Much much more to add later ...

Including What was the Was Scepter ?

and How this transforms flesh into energy .. White Powder Gold or Mufcut is a key .

Later

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Lee78

This ties into your thread

edit on 14-6-2012 by R0CR13 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

What blocula more argument from personal incredulity?

Guess what we cannot reproduce the battle fleets that fought at Jutland - so I guess that means aliens built them?

The Chinese aren't building more of the great wall - that must mean they cannot - aliens must have done it....
edit on 13/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)
We couldnt reproduce the battle fleets that fought eachother in world war one? why not? of course we could,if we wanted to...

The chinese people of today could build another great wall,if they chose to do so...

But modern egyptians could not construct another great pyramid of equal size and precision,even if they wanted to,why?

And by the way,maybe you could try saving your verbal criticizing for whenever you look into a mirror, because all anger is self directed...
edit on 14-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

We couldnt reproduce the battle fleets that fought eachother in world war one? why not? of course we could,if we wanted to...

Yes if we reinvented and retooled industry to make coal and oil fired steam engines, build steel armour and guns of the that type, but no ones does it because; there is no need, it would be horribly expenses ---- the same applies to the modern Egyptian not building tombs for Pharoahs they no longer have.....

But modern egyptians could not construct another great pyramid of equal size and precision,even if they wanted to,why?

You just contradicted yourself, go over your excuse for not building obsolete ships for Jutland then slowly, very slowly go over your statement on modern Egyptians not building pyramids....notice anything? Get an adult to help you.

And by the way,maybe you could try saving your verbal criticizing for whenever you look into a mirror, because all anger is self directed...

I'd suggest it might be easier if you tried getting some actual evidence for your ideas instead of making up stuff you cannot defend, lol

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

According to???? Is it still the "Encyclopedia of Human Behavior" or have you dropped that claim since you can't support it? But then again, why would this be any different from any other myth that you perpetuate? The way you continually accuse so many others of lies and deception maybe you should take a look into that mirror, imo.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I can't help thinking why they did not repair any of the wear marks you have pointed out? The pyramids themselves are architecturally brilliant, but why would they leave wear marks and big chunks or stone missing? They seemed to spend a while smoothing the outside surface but made no attempt to fill in the quite obvious v shaped grooves? Just seems strange to me when you consider the lengths they went to to make every block perfect? Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
I can't help thinking why they did not repair any of the wear marks you have pointed out? The pyramids themselves are architecturally brilliant, but why would they leave wear marks and big chunks or stone missing? They seemed to spend a while smoothing the outside surface but made no attempt to fill in the quite obvious v shaped grooves? Just seems strange to me when you consider the lengths they went to to make every block perfect? Just a thought.

The above only makes sense if you have accepted that the Ancient Egyptians went to great lengths " to make every block perfect."

But, as you pointed out, they seem to have only done so on the areas of the pyramids that are exposed to view.

Do you not see the contradiction?

Obviously (and it is VERY obvious if you look at the core of the Great Pyramid,) the Ancient Egyptians slopped these things together then did a reasonably good job of constructing outer layers (and inner passageways,) pretty much like everyone on Earth has always manufactured anything.

Stones in the pyramid core range in size from the size of a football to the size of a sedan, and most aren't trimmed or squared or anything. They're just all mortared together in a mound-like pile.

Harte

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

.......their only concern was that the height of the tier was maintained and that the inset was the same - which they probably did with a simple wooden measuring device.

There was an old cartoon that (unfortunately I cannot find it) it showed an ancient Egyptian overseer and some workers putting in stones and the big guys saying,

'Guys its good enough for government work' , 'whatja think will happen - somebody will take this all apart and wonder what you were doing'?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Very interesting topic, and very interesting theories. But me personally, i'm still bent on they had alien help of some sort. It just feels that way to me, and not to mention, the many depictions of strange beings all over these pyramids. I'm a tired at the moment, so I may mess up or say the wrong thing, but I won't go into detail. Point being though, there's more to it than just Egyptians built it, the Pyramids are too special to them, and to us as people, and generally they just seem important. The theory that the Pyramids were actually landing sites also backs it up. But then again, its a theory. Once again, great read. Thank you for another great thread Slayer69.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Draken
Also all this article is trying to prove is that humans got dumber ?

So thousands of years ago we could built pyramids with super basic tools, but as things evolved and we got better, it seems it took longer for us to create great structures of art ?
en.wikipedia.org...
This building took 30 years to complete and doesn't even compare to the great pyramid.

So either humans de-evolved over the years , or we don't know the whole story.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Draken because: (no reason given)

We did not de-evolve. What is more impressive, pyramid construction to a modern man, or a laptop to ancient man?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

*****Thread Update*****

I thought I'd post this complete video of how was it built according to a theory by JP Houdin

Enjoy

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I don't think the Great Pyramids or the Sphinx were built by the Pharaoic Egyptians . I think they were already there and the Egyptians simply embellished them.
Did you know the body of the Sphinx shows sign of precipitation erosion ? That could date the Sphinx from anywhere up to 20,000 years old.

I also don't believe the head of the Sphinx is the original head . I think the original head ( possibly that of a lion )was replaced by a narcissistic pharaoh .
If you look at the proportions ( head to body ) of the modern day Sphinx , it looks ridiculous and this supposedly built by people who built everything with such great precision .

The great pyramid is widely believed ( by archaeologists ) to have only taken 20 years to build . That would mean that working around the clock , non stop for 20 years , one giant stone would have to be perfectly placed every 2.5 minutes.

I am at present doing more research on this and hopefully will be to putting together a thread of my own , based on my own thoughts very soon.

edit on 11-1-2013 by tpg47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg47

All very interesting points.

Even though I presented the accepted history of the pyramids If you notice, I left out the 'time frame' in which it was supposedly built and really left out 'when' it was supposedly built and focused on the how.....

Good luck with your thread and presentation

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join