It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

You are right "America" is not taking the oil. Multinational corporations are using American military resources, and American soldiers to secure resources THEY will control. Not America. Americans are not going to benefit from this at all. We are paying for it. And when they get tight control of the oil and reduce competition and can control price, we will pay that way too.

The people who will be profiting from this are the multinational corporations. Oh and of course any politician who is in the know about whats going to happen who just happens to own stock. The American people are being used and America the nation is being indebted so that multinationals benefit. Same with other countries like France. Its people are going to pay the price for this involvement, but they will not get a cut of the profits.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

Now when you make a post like this, it's something I can see happening all around the World. You're talking about thousands of people. I just don't get the NWO propaganda. It's just business as usual by thousands of people. When I hear NWO I have Alex Jones flashbacks about bohemian grove.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0011100
I just don't get the NWO propaganda. It's just business as usual by thousands of people. When I hear NWO I have Alex Jones flashbacks about bohemian grove.

Well, and I say this with all due respect, you need to get with the program. There actually IS a move for a NWO, Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz, etc, used the term specifically, and things like the UN, WTO. World bank, Trilateral commission, those are economic entities which are deliberately shaping international law and politics.

Like I said in another post, what do you want to call them? I really dont care, we can call them "Smurfs" if you guys want, but we need to separate the nations and the people of those nations they are exploiting from the exploiters.

Its not "America" or "France" its the economic forces that have hijacked the democracies of those nations. IMHO we just need to make it clear that "they" are not "us." The people of the US for example, feel the need to defend their nations actions no matter how evil, if they believe those actions are legitimate and supported by the majority.

But in subverted democracies, the actions of our politicians are NOT legitimate, and they do NOT reflect the will of the people, and so I dont WANT my fellow citizen falsely identifying with the orchestrators of these actions. Multinational corporations are behind this. The "western allies" are being used by those corporations. Those corporations are as much our enemy as they are Gaddafis.

They are plundering our resources and subverting our democracy as well as ruining what is left of our reputation around the world and running the national debt through the roof.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

If NATO were modern day Nazis. The War on Terror would have been over years ago and mass graves filled with partially cremated remains would stretch from Morocco to Pakistan.

To compare NATO to Nazis is an insult to all of the people who who died at the hands of Nazis. The Nazis were inhuman killing machines. Over 20 million Russians were slaughtered by the Nazis.

NATO is just doing what the British Empire did before World War II.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

NATO are the modern day Nazis dont believe me? i guess you supported the Natos bombing on innocent Christian serbs civilians in serbia during Easter and during the 70 day bombing?

I guess you had fun watching them suffer maybe you would have a different opinion if someone from your family was killed by NATO helpless.

NATO was always helping the wrong factions for there war military expansion in eupore.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I just don't get the NWO propaganda. It's just business as usual by thousands of people. When I hear NWO I have Alex Jones flashbacks about bohemian grove.

Well, and I say this with all due respect, you need to get with the program. There actually IS a move for a NWO, Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz, etc, used the term specifically, and things like the UN, WTO. World bank, Trilateral commission, those are economic entities which are deliberately shaping international law and politics.

Like I said in another post, what do you want to call them? I really dont care, we can call them "Smurfs" if you guys want, but we need to separate the nations and the people of those nations they are exploiting from the exploiters.

Its not "America" or "France" its the economic forces that have hijacked the democracies of those nations. IMHO we just need to make it clear that "they" are not "us." The people of the US for example, feel the need to defend their nations actions no matter how evil, if they believe those actions are legitimate and supported by the majority.

But in subverted democracies, the actions of our politicians are NOT legitimate, and they do NOT reflect the will of the people, and so I dont WANT my fellow citizen falsely identifying with the orchestrators of these actions. Multinational corporations are behind this. The "western allies" are being used by those corporations. Those corporations are as much our enemy as they are Gaddafis.

They are plundering our resources and subverting our democracy as well as ruining what is left of our reputation around the world and running the national debt through the roof.

What I highlighted in Red is what I thought was common knowledge. Thanks for all the added info though. I just don't buy the Obama deception. As in he is fully with the program. I can see him being used as a puppet of sorts. I'm no fan of Bush, but I think he fell hook line and sinker into Wolfowitz & Cheney's doctrine instead of listening to Powell. Anyways, that's a whole different topic.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Looks like the MSM war against Ghadaffi is working

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
23 metric tons of mustard gas and more than 1,300 metric tons of precursor chemicals

I hope the coalition doesn't bomb that, or Gadaffi doesn't blow it up going down

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

. I just don't buy the Obama deception. As in he is fully with the program. I can see him being used as a puppet of sorts. I'm no fan of Bush, but I think he fell hook line and sinker into Wolfowitz & Cheney's doctrine instead of listening to Powell. Anyways, that's a whole different topic.

Obama's team sent messages to the Canadians saying to not pay attention to what he was telling voters on the campaign trail as it was just rhetoric.

He knows what he is doing. He knows what the Patriot Act is, he knows that keeping people in Guantanamo for life without trial is wrong, he knows he is selling his country and its people down the river for personal gain.

He may be less enthusiastic than Bush in some cases, but he is no innocent.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by MikeboydUS

NATO are the modern day Nazis dont believe me? i guess you supported the Natos bombing on innocent Christian serbs civilians in serbia during Easter and during the 70 day bombing?

I guess you had fun watching them suffer maybe you would have a different opinion if someone from your family was killed by NATO helpless.

NATO was always helping the wrong factions for there war military expansion in eupore.

You seriously have no idea what the Nazis were.

They were fanatical killing machines without any remorse or mercy.

If NATO had used Nazi tactics against Serbia, Serbia would be ruins and the survivors in concentration camps.

The Nazis are not something to be taken lightly. The Nazis killed tens of millions of Slavs and viewed them as subhumans to be exterminated or become livestock.

I cannot stress how important it is not to trivialize the Nazis. One day the West may go down that path again and may G-d have mercy on the Earth if that happens, but that day is not today. It is terrible and tragic that innocent lives were lost during the Kosovo campaign, but the death of a family is not the same as extermination of an entire people.

link   

Calling NATO "Modern Day Nazis" only highlight how little people know about history. Using the term "Nazi" to describe any aggressor or person you don't like is silly. there have been MANY aggressive, totalitarian regimes throughout history. Even recent history. The NAZI campaign was quite specific, so unless you are comparing it to another ultra-right Nationalist/Fascist group conquering europe and killing tens of millions of people, you need to find a more apt comparison.

I dont blame you , though, I blame the school system.

Google Gowdin's law to learn more if you need to.

link   
I read through 9 pages and can read no more! I was physically ill over this today. That's now 5 countries we've bombed under Obama--Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan and now Libya. And of course, Iran is still on the table! Nobel Peace Prize?????
This is what Farrakhan says about the Obama/Libya matter:
www.youtube.com...

In addition, Obama went in on the say-so of the UN, without following the Constitution--getting approval of Congress. Several liberal Democrats (Congress) are not happy about it, either:
www.politico.com...

Ralph Nader calls for impeachment of Obama:
www.youtube.com...
Full interview:
www.democracynow.org...

I have always been anti-war. However, I do think the USA has the right to defend itself if actually attacked...but go in, get it done, come home! Also the Constitution should be followed--only Congress has the power to declare war. USA WAS NOT ATTACKED by any of these 5 countries. My government does not represent me. I am sick and tired of innocents being murdered in the name of my country, my government. I am also sick and tired of governments world wide acting like a bunch of children instead of sitting down and discussing things, making compromises, acting like adults!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

This would have happened with or without Obama.

China and Russia could have vetoed it, but they didn't.

The operation was going to happen no matter what.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You may be right, MikeBoydus, but when it comes to my country and my government I do expect our leaders to honor their oath to the Constitution.
I didn't post everything above that I wanted to post, because although I read many posts here, I rarely comment...and I'm not sure how much will fit into one comment.

(Senator) Obama December 20, 2007:
The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.”

Just in case anyone's wondering, I wasn't happy with Bush/Iraq, either.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
For a heads up regarding the United States actions in the attacks in Libya, here is a link to another thread on ATS where I quoted the War Powers Resolution to show Obama's command to attack Libya was unconstitutional

There is also a link to the Library of Congress regarding the resolution to check out the details.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

GADAFFI.............. DUCK!

found this amusing clip on youtube just to lighten the topic up a bit (caution bad language involved)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Something to consider here

Allies’ Lack of Exit Plan Risks Dividing Libya With Qaddafi Keeping Power

The conflict might lead to the division of Libya, the holder of Africa’s biggest oil reserves, between liberated parts and Qaddafi-ruled territory, said Volker Perthes, director of the German Institute for International and Security Affairs in Berlin.

This is a another major update

And All of the newbies here said the war wasn't about the Oil

I was among other ATS members we were right its about OIL.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

You were also the only one who made yourself look like a fool comparing the UN to Nazis.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

thats what i call an off topic attack by a troll, and what UN aren't Nazis
maybe they are the pure angles

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Just stating the obvious, didn't mean to knock you off your high horse. Nobody said the UN were "angels", as I can agree with you they are not. To compare them to Nazis though, it is quite obvious you haven't researched their atrocities.
edit on 21-3-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy

Just stating the obvious, didn't mean to knock you off your high horse. Nobody said the UN were "angels", as I can agree with you they are not. To compare them to Nazis though, it is quite obvious you haven't researched their atrocities.
edit on 21-3-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

sadly i have researched the nazi atrocities, just because the modern Nazis have different names there ideas and ideology stay the same however there tactics change like what we have seen in the Balkans and now in the Mideast.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join