It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Has it been reported on here that "Qatar says it will join the campaign"

didn't want to duplicate if it has already

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Im sorry I must have been asleep when 10 million people were tortured, gassed, raped, beatin, forced to work 20 hours of the day on morsels, shot, have poisons injected into their hearts and have horrendous experiments performed on them. My fault.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Oh great, just another war that we need. People just can't seem to make enough money off of Afghanistain and Iraq. Now they must go and invade a small country like Lybia. Guy and girls you had better go and by gas; because, Lindsey Williams will be proven right again about gas going up to $4 and $5 a gallon.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Like I said last night. I don't think we will have to 'put' boots on the ground. We just need air superiority to help the rebels.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Col Gaddafi is now in hiding. Do we think he might be feeling a little like our dearly departed Saddam Hussein did?

As long as the result is for the people of Libya and they don't go the way of the Iraqis, this is all reasonably benevolent on the part of the West. But knowing us, who here really thinks that's the case? Do we not know our "leaders" well enough by now? Let's keep a wary eye out and be ready to reel them in if they step over the line ...which I'm quite sure is already the case, to be honest.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Calling NATO "Modern Day Nazis" only highlight how little people know about history. Using the term "Nazi" to describe any aggressor or person you don't like is silly. there have been MANY aggressive, totalitarian regimes throughout history. Even recent history. The NAZI campaign was quite specific, so unless you are comparing it to another ultra-right Nationalist/Fascist group conquering europe and killing tens of millions of people, you need to find a more apt comparison.

I dont blame you , though, I blame the school system.

Google Gowdin's law to learn more if you need to.

Have you seen "The End of America" on netfix?.. or "the roman empire rules today" on, eh try Google?

You realize US Congress rally's under two fasci? where "fascist" came from.. and use a mace to come to order?

"The ceremonial Mace used to indicate that The House is in session"

The same mace and fasci on nazi stamps:

Note the only difference between US congress and nazi mace.. hitlers 3rd Reich had an eagle atop a swastika, US congress has an eagle atop the world.

An alleged attack on German congress (Reichstag fire) by terrorists was used by a political party / party leader to:

*Launch aggressive wars & occupations.
*Erode peoples rights "for the Protection of the people and the State" aka "The enabling act" which mirrors "The patriot act" to protect the "homeland".

www.britannica.com...
“Restrictions on personal liberty, on the right of free expression of opinion, including freedom of the press; on the rights of assembly and association; and violations of the privacy of postal, telegraphic and telephonic communications and warrants for house searches, orders for confiscations as well as restrictions on property, are also permissible beyond the legal limits otherwise prescribed.”

Because 2 of 3 Reichstag fire suspects were acquitted after the govt said they were boogie-men evil do'ers, a party leader set up "Peoples courts".. that are exactly like "Military Tribunals" .. where TPTB can hold pre-hanging trials that feign "justice"..

"Fusion centers" do most everything the gestapo did, LAPD stops people at roadblocks to check their papers... gw and adolph even had the same taste in office furniture patterns:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who was the first to embed reporters with troops?.. nazis

Do DC & nazi similarities listed on an internet post mean the GOP and DNC are in fact 100% proven to be 4th Reich nazis?.. bush is "hit" obama is "ler"?.. GOP & DNC voters are 1930s Germans? no..

As a matter of fact.. all you war mongers who support the banker gangsters latest violence.. those who get drunk on patriotism and tug their chubby to uncle sam.. watch "The End of America" and "the roman empire rules today" then come back and blast me about inaccuracies... shame me to the point I quit ATS in tears.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Looks like the MSM war against Ghadaffi is working

I agree, but I wouldn't call it a "war".. War, to me, indicates there was a fight, a struggle, or that resistance was overcome..

This was a cakewalk for the govt & their MSM lackies..

Legions of gullible suckers ignored a history of spin, lies and war profiteering.. to slurp up every drop of govt & MSM derpa derp smegma... as if Libya was the first 'no fly zone' ever... against the only evil, don't forget crazy, dictator on Earth!!.. lol..

I listened to warmongers use the exact same excuses for saddam.. that turned out to be 99% Texas neo-crap burst from the anus of a bull digitally modified to look like gws mouth... no wonder TPTB or whatever moniker, have enslaved the masses for so long.. the masses make it EASY!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I havn't seen the film you speak of but I will say the Republic our founding fathers established was heavily inspired by the Roman Republic. Its one of the main reasons we have a Senate and a President instead of Westminster system of Parliament.

We have fasces all over the place, the US Congress, Lincoln's "throne", some money, etc. At the end of the US Civil War, the new Capital building was completed and inside the dome is a painting, The Apotheosis of George Washington. Apotheosis means to become a god. Surrounding his ascension arn't saints and angels, but gods, Roman gods. The painitng shows the Roman gods leading America to its Manifest Destiny.
www.aoc.gov...
Also check out the Roman goddess atop the dome.
www.aoc.gov...
I shouldn't have to tell you about the 150 feet tall Roman goddess sitting just outside New York City.

There's more I could get into here involving Capital Hill, the Palladium of Rome and stories of a group called The Order of Palladium, but I don't want to derail the thread.

We have lots in common with the late Roman Republic today. I am actually taking a Roman history course this semester and my professor has made the link a number of times between current events and the latter Roman Republic. In a sense we have already had our Gracchi brothers. He made comparisons to the Kennedys. Now we are just waiting on our Marius and Sulla.

This doesn't make us the Nazis or anything like them. Sure there is imperialism and innocents have died, but the US has never engaged in the mass extermination of people or built a system of worship around a dictator like Hitler. There were ethnic cleansing of some Native Americans in the 19th century, but that was forced relocation similar to what the Soviets would do to various peoples in the 20th century. If it had been done like Nazis, Oklahoma would have been Auschwitz, not a reservation. There would be no reservations if we were like the Nazis. The Native Americans would be extinct if we were like Nazis.

So sure, compare us to the Romans all you want. We are essentially a revived Roman or Palladian Republic, but don't compare the US to Nazis.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Col Gaddafi is now in hiding. Do we think he might be feeling a little like our dearly departed Saddam Hussein did?

As long as the result is for the people of Libya and they don't go the way of the Iraqis, this is all reasonably benevolent on the part of the West.((snip))

Why should an average Libyan trust violent action against their country is "reasonably benevolent"??

Should they see occupations of Iraq & Afghanistan based on lies as examples of the Wests "benevolence"?..torture..kidnapping and extrajudicial drone assassination.. plus ousting the democratically elected president of Iran.. all compassionate acts of Western benevolence every human should cheer.. lol

I'm willing to bet most Americans don't trust the US govt or UN.. yet Libyans are supposed to abide in mass?.. lol.. because gdaffy is a dick?.. .. look at how many Americans think BOTH gw & obama are worthless pukes who should be hauled off to trial.. you think Americans pissed at politicians would support a "No fly zone" imposed by foreigners?

..zerobama, the bush flock, clinton clan, gaddafi, chavez, saddam, darth cheney and all the rest are jerk-off liars who live elitist lives FAR REMOVED from Joe Crap tax slave.. the average Libyan has as much say over govt policy as you & I.

Libyan Joe influences gaddafi as much as American Joe influences obama.

There isn't ONE SINGLE GOP (((OR))) DNC voter here who would consider their neighborhood being reduced to pablum, family & friends killed.. as okay!!.. "taking one for the team!".. "I support the GOP even if it means my house gets bombed and my wife & kids killed!!.. as long as the dog lives & I have peanut-butter"..

The average Libyan now has military jets whizzing above their wife, kids and loved ones.. they know why, because liars responsible for Iraq & Afghanistan...now have designs on them. Poor folks must be terrified now that "help" has arrived... lol

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

You really think Obama or any POTUS has as much power in the US as Gaddafi had in Libya?

There is really no comparison.

The Executive Branch wields enormous power, but the POTUS does not have absolute control over it. The operation in Libya is a good example. The State Dept. and Hillary Clinton were the primary forces behind pushing the operation in the US. SecDef Gates and Obama were not advocates of intervention. The system is far more bureaucratic than the absolute rule that Gaddafi had in Libya. The POTUS isn't a dictator, he's more of a CEO.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Allied Forces Strike Gadhafi Compound; Leaders Whereabouts Unknown

more from article libya news

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

" I havn't seen the film you speak of but I will say the Republic our founding fathers established was heavily inspired by the Roman Republic. Its one of the main reasons we have a Senate and a President instead of Westminster system of Parliament. "

Thanks, I knew all that.. of course these symbols can be traced back to "ancient time" rulers.. that's the point.

It's not like the Mace and fasci are stunning art pieces that cause your eyeballs to ejaculate, as drastic as cultures and tastes change.. you'd think ugly old antique reminders of roman failures and adolph hitler would be replaced with something more politically correct.. like a "Freedom shaft" instead of mace, and "Bud-Lite Victory Stick" rather than fasci.

Maybe there is a reason b-hole rulers have carried the same stale symbols of power since forever ago.. maybe not.. look into it & decide for yourself.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I don't think you even read what I typed.

I make an intellectual reponse and you respond with ejaculating eyeballs and freedom shafts?

I see I wasted my time.

Cobra Six Out.
edit on 21/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: x

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

"The resolution is defective and flawed," he told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."

BBC News

Quote from Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.

Strong words...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Then he should have had it vetoed.

It was right there and they had the chance, but they didn't veto it

Complaining about it after doing nothing to stop it is absurd.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Maybe, I'm wrong but I thought it was meant to be a no-fly zone.

So unless the Libyans have some new flying tank technology, I don't see why Libyan tanks and vehicles have been hit nor why a compound was struck.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by GovtFlu

You really think Obama or any POTUS has as much power in the US as Gaddafi had in Libya?

There is really no comparison.

The Executive Branch wields enormous power, but the POTUS does not have absolute control over it. The operation in Libya is a good example. The State Dept. and Hillary Clinton were the primary forces behind pushing the operation in the US. SecDef Gates and Obama were not advocates of intervention. The system is far more bureaucratic than the absolute rule that Gaddafi had in Libya. The POTUS isn't a dictator, he's more of a CEO.

I never stated to be an expert in perception of power between the US & Libya... obama & gaddafi are both tools who are far removed from the masses and regular folk who will suffer most...

Please though, you must have lived in Libya to be so sure.. do tell how gaddafi and his "absolute rule" affected you personally.. lets say you're on a date in Libya, how does gaddafis absolute rule ruin the night?.. is gaddafi there at the airport touching your junk?.. looking at your feet? Does gaddafi come over to your house once a week to kick your dog, # your wife, and take a dump on the carpet?

Does gaddafi torture, kidnap and deny due process like the Fed Govt?.. will he personally break into your house without a warrant like the FBI?, he listens to your calls & monitors internet like the NSA / CIA?.. how many people has gaddafi killed without a trial?.. by drone?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by GovtFlu

((snip))

Cobra Six Out.
edit on 21/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: x

Rodger dodger.

Angry Nipple Out.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

So unless the Libyans have some new flying tank technology, I don't see why Libyan tanks and vehicles have been hit nor why a compound was struck.

The NFZ is only one part of Resolution 1973.

1. Demands the immediate establishment of a ceasefire and a complete end to violence and all attacks against, and abuses of, civilians;

“2. Stresses the need to intensify efforts to find a solution to the crisis which responds to the legitimate demands of the Libyan people and notes the decisions of the Secretary-General to send his Special Envoy to Libya and of the Peace and Security Council of the African Union to send its ad hoc High-Level Committee to Libya with the aim of facilitating dialogue to lead to the political reforms necessary to find a peaceful and sustainable solution;

“3. Demands that the Libyan authorities comply with their obligations under international law, including international humanitarian law, human rights and refugee law and take all measures to protect civilians and meet their basic needs, and to ensure the rapid and unimpeded passage of humanitarian assistance;

“Protection of civilians

“4. Authorizes Member States that have notified the Secretary-General, acting nationally or through regional organizations or arrangements, and acting in cooperation with the Secretary-General, to take all necessary measures, notwithstanding paragraph 9 of resolution 1970 (2011), to protect civilians and civilian populated areas under threat of attack in the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, including Benghazi, while excluding a foreign occupation force of any form on any part of Libyan territory, and requests the Member States concerned to inform the Secretary-General immediately of the measures they take pursuant to the authorization conferred by this paragraph which shall be immediately reported to the Security Council;

“5. Recognizes the important role of the League of Arab States in matters relating to the maintenance of international peace and security in the region, and bearing in mind Chapter VIII of the Charter of the United Nations, requests the Member States of the League of Arab States to cooperate with other Member States in the implementation of paragraph 4;

“No-fly zone

“6. Decides to establish a ban on all flights in the airspace of the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya in order to help protect civilians; ...

Etcetera.

www.un.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Simple, it is in the resolution, to take all measures to ensure the safety of the people.
Kaddafi was shelling and invading Benghazi with a professional army, all that hardware was legitimate targets.
The foolish statement of flying tanks just means you are either illiterate, too lazy to find the facts, or deliberately misrepresenting the situation.

new topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join