It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Sierra Leone
www.dtic.mil... AD=ADA475595

Wrong. To claim "the west" had no economic interest in Sierra Leone is false. The UK has been meddling in Sierra Leone for economic reasons for over 100 years and they were involved to the hilt throughout the entire mess. How nice of them to jump and and help "rescue" people from the mess they caused. Oh. Not unlike the "west" is rescuing Libya from the mess IT has caused.

www.us-uk-interventions.org...

Bosnia - NO FLY ZONE
www.globalsecurity.org...

Wrong.

www.hartford-hwp.com...

As heavily-armed US and NATO troops enforce the peace in Bosnia, the press and politicians alike portray Western intervention in the former Yugoslavia as a noble, if agonizingly belated, response to an outbreak of ethnic massacres and human rights violations.

But through their domination of the global financial system, the Western powers, in pursuit of national and collective strategic interests, helped bring the Yugoslav economy to its knees and stirred its simmering ethnic and social conflicts. Now it is the turn of Yugoslavia's war-ravaged successor states to feel the tender mercies of the international financial community.

As the world focuses on troop movements and cease-fires, the international financial institutions are busily collecting former Yugoslavia's external debt from its remnant states, while transforming the Balkans into a safehaven for free enterprise. With a Bosnian peace settlement holding under NATO guns, the West has unveiled a "reconstruction" program that strips that brutalized country of sovereignty to a degree not seen in Europe since the end of World War II. It consists largely of making Bosnia a divided territory under NATO military occupation and Western administration.

Oh and guess what....? NO OIL fancy that

"Economic interests" are not limited to oil. It just so happens to be the main economic interest in the Mid East. Although the vast mineral wealth of Afghanistan is certainly not to be ignored.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Itop1

Come back here 5 years from and tell then how are the Libyans doing under a puppet state, so your the war in iraq has no been about the oil
how cliche way of thinking.

Fair enough, lets have a prediction shall we?

Tell me what you predict will happen over the comming weeks...

My prediction is that qaddafi will remain in power and apart from the no fly zone there will be no further military intervention in libya...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

There just imposing a no fly zone to stop Gaddafi killing any more of his own people, simple

Right just like saddam and Iraq

Rebel's

Second line

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by 0011100

The only ones who need to go to the Hague are the NWO people orchestrating this and their propaganda minions.

This isnt about the people of Libya. This is about economics.

They couldnt even make a convincing case in the media for Gaddafi attacking his own people, only the most half assed videos of paid extras shooting random firearms in the air. Apparently while Gaddafi was "air striking his own people," the laws of physics changed in such a way as to make filming up in the air impossible, so all we got were shots of people running and standing around in the open, just like I know I would be if there really were air strikes going on.

Yeah, several American/English/Arab news outlets showing buildings blown the hell out of with eye-witnesses in besieged Benghazi were staged like the moon landing... As for oil economics Libya only produces 2% of the Worlds oil and the Saudi's already upped their production to make up for it. Studies have already proved the price of gas is based on speculation.

Gaddafi sealed his fate in so many ways. When he says we are going to show no mercy and go house to house to kill anyone not on his side he has played his last cards. Real hardcore propaganda is the Libya news.

The French just blew apart Gaddafis tanks and other vehicles that were part of that attack today. The people there are happy to have the support and thank the French for it.

The French don't need some NWO to make the case for all of this. They have a vested interest in common borders and migration. People are always talking about the NWO. Corporations control just about everything and any Country is going to do what's in their best interest. That's why the US was more or less pushed in this direction. The US was mainly sitting back, because they don't use their oil or need this mess.

I'd like to know just how big the NWO is, because it's in constant flux going all the way back to Reagan and earlier for just about anything.

Anyways, I think the bottom line is Countries will supply the rebels (citizens) with enough fire power to take Gaddafi out. But there will be lots of blood unless Gaddafi's paid mercenaries run for their lives back to Africa nations and Gaddafi's inner circle decides his rein is over.

BTW: I'm not trying to be confrontational. I just think the NWO is highly overrated since it's so blatantly out in the open. I don't want to get off topic though...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

WW2?

Wrong. We did not join WWII for humanitarian reasons.

Nevertheless, no one cares about evidence in regards of this and you know that. In ttopics such as these,

I care.

And, the other way around, History can also produce plenty of examples of large groups of people that never ever gets satisfied no matter which demands are met.

Then do it. Provide those examples.

By the way, whom are "we", in this matter? That imaginary big gray mass I was talking about?

"We" in this case means "the people arguing this is yet another example of brutal "western" interference in sovereign nations for the economic benefit of some at the expense both of the people in the nation being attacked, AND at the expense of the people in the "western nations" doing the attacking. Of which I am one.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0011100

Yeah, several American/English/Arab news outlets showing buildings blown the hell out of with eye-witnesses in besieged Benghazi were staged like the moon landing... As for oil economics Libya only produces 2% of the Worlds oil and the Saudi's already upped their production to make up for it. Studies have already proved the price of gas is based on speculation.

I could set up cameras in parts of Detroit and make an argument that the city had just been bombed. None of the videos I saw showed any credible evidence that attacks were happening at that time.

Oil PRODUCTION isnt the only relevant factor.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 0011100

As for oil economics Libya only produces 2% of the Worlds oil and the Saudi's already upped their production to make up for it. Studies have already proved the price of gas is based on speculation.

sorry but that is wrong and misleading

As Europe’s single largest oil supplier, the second largest oil producer in Africa and the continent’s fourth largest gas supplier, Libya dominates the petroleum sector in the Southern Mediterranean area and has ambitious plans for the future.

ibya has the largest proven oil reserves in Africa with 42 billion barrels of oil and over 1.3 trillion cubic metres of gas. With only 25% of Libya’s surface territory explored to date there is every chance that actual reserves could see this figure dwarfed in coming years.

www.oilandgaslibya.com...

seekingalpha.com... excellent article

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Well of course thats going to happen, after going into such a place as Bosnia there going to need a little financial support/help to get back on its feet, i don't see how that's a conspiracy to take over all the bombed out buildings they created for "themselves" and the same goes for Sierra Leone, and the same goes for natural disasters, as many people seem to think the west is responsible for them also, jeez get a grip people

To say we course tho's problems in order to take control is absolutely absurd

Respectfully

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hbpdfsu
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You think every war has been about oil?.............Really? Every war?........you said it....so yea lets see your sources on every war being started for oil

i wont take online bullying any further, i will take it very serious, another thing newbie every war has been about Oil, Control.

And what i mean is that making sure every nation around the world has a pro Washington standing, dont believe me? look for yourself pro american warmonger.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Your visceral hatred of america provides exceeding amounts of joy and laughter. I can now wake every morning knowing that somehow somewhere there are actual people such as yourself that I had a hand in pi$$ing off, just by being an american. When I put gas in the tank of my aging gas guzzling automobile, I can now do it with a wide #eating grin on my face, no matter what the cost of gas is at the moment. Thank you for existing.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

You miss the point. In both of those nations, much like Libya, the conflict was instigated for economic reasons, and then the nations were "rescued" from the conflicts started by those economic interests.

I come to your house to rob it, you complain, so I set it on fire, watch you burn for a while, and then "kindly" put it out, and charge you for putting it out AND set myself up to take whatever valuables you had in the house that attracted my attention in the first place.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So... i have a couple of question for the oil grab conspiracy theorists

1 Are the UN (United Nations) in on this up & coming oil grab? because they voted on it and enforced the NO FLY! with out them this would not have gone ahead at all and don't forget its a vote each, big difference here, Iraq big difference period,

2 Are the people of Egypt in on this Oil grab, wait.... instead i'll just throw the entire middle east in on this question with what has happened in the region of late, was all the uprisings in the middle east all because the west wanted a tiny bit of oil in Libya?

3 Are the Arab League in on the Oil Grab? because they and the People of Libya was so badly crying out for one and was instrumental in getting it with out them this would not have gone ahead again

4 Are all of these nations supporting the no fly zone in on this oil grab?. ok so lets list the oil grabbing countries bellow...

France
Great Britain
USA
Spain
Norway
Italy
Qatar
UAE - United Arab Emirates

These are all Nation taking part in the no fly zone or contributing to the effort

So my question is ARE ALL THESE NATION PLANING ON TAKING LIBYA'S OIL ASWEL? I MEAN COME ON? REALLY? put the TV on and look what Gaddafi has & is doing to his people, do you stand by that mad man? do you stand by and agree with the killing of innocent protesters? no you don't, you think about none other than OIL and accuse the rest of the world acting on the matter, "Oil Grabbers", THIS IS NOT IRAQ! get over it, sometimes good people do the right thing, and sometimes evil people like Gaddafi do the wrong thing with the backing of confused people doing his propaganda, and no doubt doing the right thing here was made even more harder because of all the oil grab conspiracy theorists crying wolf to many times all you did was make the worlds leaders that could even do anything about it act way to late. so well done there

I just can't keep up with all these wild claims right now, so i won't be commenting on conspiracy's from now on just the facts please

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The urprising and peoples revolution in Egypt was timely and *arose* from the people, who weren't just ready to govern themselves, but who made the conscious choice to take on board personal political responsibility. They were capeable of doing so. The movement towards self governance in freedom ( not necessarily democracy) *arose* naturally, or if you will, it was a socio-evolutionary result and the fundemental drive and basis for the revolution was, where it counts, unmolested.

The "rebellion" in Libya on the other hand, was *designed*. It is and has been designed from the get go.
And this "intervention" we are seeing now only illminates for all to see exactly who designed it. A rather desperate and revealing move given the players involved and it's as revealing as if they had all suddenly just taken off their clothes and strutted down main street.

There is an important difference, beyond the obvious, between those two words, 'arose' and 'designed' and critical thinkers, analysts and commentators world over need to comprehend that and what that means, quickly.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
African Union demands immediate cessation of attacks

The African Union’s panel on Libya Sunday called for an “immediate stop” to all attacks after the United States, France and Britain launched military action against Moamer Kadhafi’s forces.

Full Story
www.newstimeafrica.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Have you read the thread? Because many of the questions you are asking have already been addressed in past posts.

I personally feel disinclined to summarize every argument in the thread for someone disinclined to read said thread.

But in short, NO, all the uprisings are not about Libya. Libya in one domino in a chain that was set up, it just didnt fall as easily as it was intended to, because Japan had to go and have a huge Earthquake and that took momentum away from the media manufactured coup that was supposed to happen.

Its just one chess piece in a bigger game over there of consolidating the region for the end game in exploiting the oil and mineral wealth in the region. Its just a chess piece in which things did not go as the NWO intended. Even with their paid "rebels" they could not create enough internal discontent to make the "ousting" of Gaddafi look like a popular movement.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
In both of those nations, much like Libya, the conflict was instigated for economic reasons, and then the nations were "rescued" from the conflicts started by those economic interests.

Leftist doctrine has it that every war is waged for economic interests. You see everything through red glasses, but those glasses dont show you reality. Reality is that France have had long-time ties to the Libyan people and are horrified by Gaddafis mass slaughter of those people. You like to blame America and its Corporations for all evils in the world, but America is not at fault here. In fact George Bush warned that Gadaffi is the type of person who would kill his own a decade ago.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Leftist doctrine has it that every war is waged for economic interests. You see everything through red glasses, but those glasses dont show you reality.

Educate me. Show me a war in which economic are not a driver. I am well aware that wars are sold to the masses on religion, or humanitarian issues. But how something is marketed has little to do with motives of the marketers, does it?

But feel free to show me the error on my ways. I am not closed minded. I have changed my mind on many issues in my life. For example, in my youth, I really did believe we went to war for humanitarian purposes.

Reality is that France have had long-time ties to the Libyan people and are horrified by Gaddafis mass slaughter of those people.

I believe the French people ARE horrified by what they are being told about Gaddafis mass slaughter.

After all, isnt that what the CIA suggested the French leadership push in the French media to gain support from the French people for the war in Afghanistan? Why WOULDN'T humanitarian issues be used to maximum impact to sell this fiasco?

mirror.wikileaks.info...

French Focused On Civilians and Refugees. Focusing on a message that ISAF benefits
Afghan civilians and citing examples of concrete gains could limit and perhaps even reverse
opposition to the mission. Such tailored messages could tap into acute French concern for
civilians and refugees. Those who support ISAF in INR surveys from fall 2009 most
frequently cited their perception that the mission helps Afghan civilians, while opponents
most commonly argued that the mission hurts civilians. Contradicting the “ISAF does more
harm than good” perception is clearly important, particularly for France’s Muslim minority:

You like to blame America and its Corporations for all evils in the world, but America is not at fault here. In fact George Bush warned that Gadaffi is the type of person who would kill his own a decade ago.

Wrong. America is NOT its corporations. America is a nation, much like France, in which exceptionally wealthy entities and individuals have gained control of the democracy by manipulating information via the media.

These corporations are multinational scum loyal to no nation or her people. Gaddafi is not my idol. I do not think he is a great guy, but his people have kept him in power for 40 years, and even with paid instigators the NWO scum could not raise enough of his people to make a democratic overthrow look believable.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Does anyone know where I can find Nic Robertson webcam feed? It is in Tripoli.
edit on 20-3-2011 by styx8177 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha
The urprising and peoples revolution in Egypt was timely and *arose* from the people, who weren't just ready to govern themselves, but who made the conscious choice to take on board personal political responsibility. They were capeable of doing so. The movement towards self governance in freedom ( not necessarily democracy) *arose* naturally, or if you will, it was a socio-evolutionary result and the fundemental drive and basis for the revolution was, where it counts, unmolested.

The "rebellion" in Libya on the other hand, was *designed*. It is and has been designed from the get go.
And this "intervention" we are seeing now only illminates for all to see exactly who designed it. A rather desperate and revealing move given the players involved and it's as revealing as if they had all suddenly just taken off their clothes and strutted down main street.

There is an important difference, beyond the obvious, between those two words, 'arose' and 'designed' and critical thinkers, analysts and commentators world over need to comprehend that and what that means, quickly.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

Show me your proof please... can i read over it ?

When... how... why, fill me in
edit on 20-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

reply to post by 0011100

As for oil economics Libya only produces 2% of the Worlds oil and the Saudi's already upped their production to make up for it. Studies have already proved the price of gas is based on speculation.

sorry but that is wrong and misleading

As Europe’s single largest oil supplier, the second largest oil producer in Africa and the continent’s fourth largest gas supplier, Libya dominates the petroleum sector in the Southern Mediterranean area and has ambitious plans for the future.

ibya has the largest proven oil reserves in Africa with 42 billion barrels of oil and over 1.3 trillion cubic metres of gas. With only 25% of Libya’s surface territory explored to date there is every chance that actual reserves could see this figure dwarfed in coming years.

www.oilandgaslibya.com...

seekingalpha.com... excellent article

Good point if we are dealing with the future, which makes sense as to who wants to exploit these new findings. I was just referring to the 2 million barrels they produce now. I think their oil is a special variety too.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think it has been ever so fortunate that they had joint british and French exercises planned well in advance for right now.
What a fluke????
www.voltairenet.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join