It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else starting to believe in this 2012 stuff?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

did you read my post???????? no? thnx for your 'input'....

If what you posted made you start believing in that hogwash, it doesn't take much to convince you of stuff

Let's see...

You state it's esoteric, and then look up the definition. And just based on that, you imply the following...or at least consider it

hmm 'inner circle' meaning something like 'Illuminati', "Freemason', or any other term for the 'elite'?

No objective evidence showing a connection whatsoever...but who cares about evidence, right?

what is being said about 2012 by our worlds elite, and well known scholars is that the Mayans said everything is going to be a okay.

Yes, and rightfully so...those 2012 hogwash is demonstrably wrong.

First of all, the calendar doesn't end, it's just a long count period that ends. There's ZERO evidence for a planet Niburu having any effect on earth, the galactic alignment happens EVERY YEAR and has zero influence on us, and the sun's gone through cycles tons of time before.

If people bothered to do real research, like the people you call "elite" and scientists, you'd see what a bunch of nonsense that 2012 paranoia is.

ummm hi NASA, yes little me here 4 billion years? did you forget about all the officially documented world catastrophes, abrupt weather changes, mass extinctions, giant impact craters, etc...? yes you forgot that, it's okay, simple mistake, you can recap these events in any grade 2 elementary school book

Who says they're forgetting about it? Life on earth always adapted, and what's more, thanks to technology, we'd know in advance if something like a meteorite would approach. Hell, we know of a meteorite the size of a school bus (Apophis), so we would see a giant meteorite like the one that wiped out the dinosaurs well in advance. A cover up would be impossible too given the amount of hobby astronomers. Anything arriving by 2012 that would have a size harmful to us, would have been spotted all over the world already

You're basically saying "we have zero evidence that something will happen, but I believe something will happen...and I base it on the Mayans who made no such claims"

and it would of course be the 'most intense' solar maximum in fifty years according to NASA because they only started looking into the whole solar flare/storm idea after Explorer 1 was launched in 1957; also meaning any intense solar flares could potentially be the 'worst' since history, i mean NASAs public records only go back 50 years. ummm, yeah, whatever....anyhow....

First of all, a solar storm would only affect one side of the planet at once...unless it lasts for longer than 12hrs. Secondly, the only effect of a really strong storm would be on our electronics, not us humans. The magnetic shield of the earth protects living things, and has done so for billions of years. You can actually watch the northern lights every year...

Also, it's not as if the sun hasn't gone through cycles in the past, hell, on the very website you posted it explains that this is a CYCLE. It's not some crazy 2012 one time event

and yes, anyone with eye sight can clearly watch these solar storms on NASAs SOHO page, and see that they are not 'normal' just like they reported they would be.

Where on the site does it say they're not normal or to be expected given cycles?

anyhow enough about the crap NASA flings out there.

In other words: "Let's forget about facts for a moment...here's what I think..."

i believe what we have been told about December 21 2012 being the beginning of a new age, and the world not ending on that date, because it will actually be the date that all these 'catastrophes' we are are starting to see, that are only going to intensify between now and then, stop.

And you base that on what?

December 21 2012 will be when the comet/planet 'x'/Nibiru/Brown star/binary sun or whatever else it's being called these days is once again out of harm for the Earth.

You mean this "invisible" thing no one has ever seen...the one we have ZERO evidence even exists?

Thanks for posting that comical video though, I especially liked the part where they spoke about Noah's flood...of course some fool has to intermingle the 2012 hogwash with religion

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
im gona have to agree with the op, i do feel as if things are picking up more than normal and something big could happen next year or sooner....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by scoobyrob
something big could happen next year or sooner....

...which is always the case..."something big" could always happen, just look at Japan

Doesn't mean it's a giant one time event, the last tsunami hitting Japan was larger at 33m high.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Regardless of 2012, it has been a bad year for 2011 with the economy the earth quakes and now a nuclear crisis that could threaten the entire northern Hemisphere let alone the entire globe with radioactive death.

2012 if it is a year for the Apocalypses has a good kick-start in 2011 in my opinion. So perhaps maybe it's as bad as it gets? I really don't know.

Times are a changing!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
2012 is not going to happen. What you think is 2012 is really just the last days Jesus spoke about in the revelations. If you don't have a personal relationship with him, i'd suggest you establish one now. Things are getting pretty rowdy nowadays. We don't have much time left. Ask for forgiveness for your sins and pray more than you ever have.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

How sure can you be jesus will return in 2012? a time or date was never set.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Maybe the whole world isn't going to end via some massive rather implausible pole shift; but I think we are headed for a serious issue in 2012. Does anyone have any theories on what it may be?

Well, I have a theory. Many people have at least read of the Mayan prophecies and the end of the world. Many people. Human beings create material objects, and events of time and space, by thought forms. We were thought into being, we think things into being, and we perceive our world, our universe just as we expect to see it. So, that being said, human thought forms alone will bring about the end of the world, in spite of any program that may be running to bring about this effect. How it will happen is varied from place to place, from mind to mind. I have become aware of an Earth cycle. Look around yourself. Every know thing has a life cycle. Take a coffee table. It is "born," that is, it is made into the shape and object that someone will want to buy. The table is taken home, and enjoyed for many years. Then it begins to degrade, screws come out, the screw holes get worn, and the wood splits, and veneer begins to peal. So, the owner throws out the once beautiful table, and it is crushed by the trash truck and taken to a landfill. End of life cycle for the table. This is a simple analogy is true, you know it is. Everything on this planet, including the planet itself, has a life cycle. I do not pretend to know how this cyclic universe started, and who started it, but it is a real thing. Humans have a life cycle, we are born, we live for a number of years, we die. Life cycle. Earth was born/made/created. Earth reached a point where it could support life, in all of it's many wonders...from small bacteria to whales, to man.

Earth began Her end of cycle awhile ago, in 1999 I think. If one looks about, it is clear major Earth changes are happening as I write this. It cannot be denied that Planet Earth is dying. And therein lies the Big Secret. The Secret religion and government had tried to keep from you all these years. The Secret is, nothing ever dies. All we are is a ball of energy that has a certain form. Same goes for Earth. Energy is what each and every thing that you can see is, from smallest to largest. Earth will die, and then will be reborn, it will take, I believe only 7 days to accomplish this. How will it happen? I believe everything man has concentrated on for the end time scenario will happen. not all at once, but! Think of Earthquakes, all of them, all going off at the same time. Think of the sea, upset by an Earthquake in the ocean, sends mighty waves to wash away all coastal cities. think of the Earth's magnetic field being destroyed by solar flares, and all power going down, all over the world. Think of all grocery store shelves being empty, and no food, save for your pets, and...your dead.

This bespeaks of intelligent design, as in a program set to run and "reboot" of a time allotment.

This makes perfect sense to me, though it may not to you.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
2012 is not going to happen. What you think is 2012 is really just the last days Jesus spoke about in the revelations. If you don't have a personal relationship with him, i'd suggest you establish one now. Things are getting pretty rowdy nowadays. We don't have much time left. Ask for forgiveness for your sins and pray more than you ever have.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24ebb6a6386e.jpg[/atsimg]

Riiiight

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

what a lovely post of NASA cited 'evidence'(crap) you just flung out their. anyone can find out the truth about current and historic weather anomalies by looking up the info themselves like i touched upon so don't think i am going to waste my time arguing with you about what your 'facts' because we all know where they come from.

now give me some 'i know everything and you don't because obviously your a crackpot' answer with a little bit of slander thrown in there, and then move onto your next 'debunk'.

PS i win.
now get to your reply because i know it's completely eating you up inside... ta ta.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I think your post does make quite a bit of sense. I guess I didn't formulate my OP quite correctly; what I was getting at is that we might see a major change in the years leading up to 2012; not necessarily following the exact date of 12/21/12 or the pole shift/Niburu hypothesis. I can definitely see all of this leading to a transformation of some type; but I just thing that the insanely rapid increase of natural and man-made disasters is something that can't be ignored. We're seeing massive uprisings in the middle east and not too long ago there was rioting and citizens movements in France and the UK due to various economic issues.

Maybe I'm just overly paranoid and we're just hearing of all these things because of a dramatic increase in the ability to report goings-on in the world due to the internet and mobile smartphones via things like Twitter and Facebook; but I think that it would be wise for those of us who aren't traditional 2012 belivers (like myself) to give this thing a closer look.

Either that, or maybe Diana, Anna and the Visitors are causing more unrest so they can finally descend from the sky to "be of peace. always."

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Way to amused to letting this hogwash "eat me up inside"

You completely failed at debunking any of the logical answers NASA (and every other respectable scientist) gave. You haven't refuted anything, all you did was to say "oh those elite scientists with their false claims...I believe that something amazing will happen". But you A) fail at providing evidence for anything happening, and B) refuting anything the scientists claim.

But please, continue to make me chuckle at your fictional stories

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I hope stuff goes down. I don't think it will, but I'm getting bored so a little shake up would be welcomed on my end. No I don't want an end of all humanity but something to make it interesting would be cool.

I'm prayin' for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way
I wanna watch it all go down

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by scoobyrob
something big could happen next year or sooner....

...which is always the case..."something big" could always happen, just look at Japan

Doesn't mean it's a giant one time event, the last tsunami hitting Japan was larger at 33m high.

yes thats what i said "something big"
is it ok if i have that feeling??

it doesn't mean its a giant one time event,no, i never said that did i??

and why you bringing up a previous event that happened? oh because something bigger happend before and the latest was a smaller event means for certain that something with a large scale effects can not ever happen, yup thanks for that info

seriously there is no need to try and debunk a feeling i have, but thanks anyway

eta: also please stop nit picking at people's reply and turning it into something you desire it to be.
edit on 19/3/11 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

This "2012 stuff" is pretty vague. You reference the movie, which is based on nothing whatsoever.

2012 theory is based on a few books by people like Jose Argueles who did not predict 'the end of the world', or any sort of catastrophe, but predicted something along the lines of humans awakening to their 'potential' and being whisked of to space with some alien race.

Sheesh. You're taking a hollywood movie as scripture.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
I have to admit that I was a 2012 skeptic (although not totally disregarding the idea) up until recently. But I'm starting to harken back to the 2012 film (as silly as that sounds) which partically described the lead up to the events that happened in 2012. Earthquakes; massive unrest in the middle east and rioting in Europe due to economic conditions.

With the 9.0 magnitude earthquake in Japan; the Christchurch earthquakes; and Haiti disaster that immediately come to mind; I just want to reach out to other ATS members and see if people who would formerly describe themselves as ATS skeptics regarding 2012 and see if they are beginning to "come to the other side". I think even the Comet Elinen situation could be somewhat worrying (especially since it has provided at least a somewhat stable basis for a 2012 collision that I never saw with the Niburu theory).

But I just keep coming back to that movie and the scenes in the lead up to the 2012 situation. It's disturbing how close we are to that plot and it really is starting to cause me pause. Maybe the whole world isn't going to end via some massive rather implausible pole shift; but I think we are headed for a serious issue in 2012. Does anyone have any theories on what it may be?

Yes, like you, I didnt want to believe any of it, but kept my eye on things.

On March 10th, i went to bed watching the 2012 movie on Starz to wake up to similar things. The bad part of the similarities is: I don't know a pilot to get me to China..lol

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I say we forget about all of that and blame it on HAARP. Since it's in Alaska, we can blame Palin. Two birds with one stone and everyone walks away happy.

When this is supposed to happen, I'm going to put on my snowmobile suit (December 21, remember) and hang out on the deck all day. And don't one of you clowns come up with a thread that changes the date either!

The next day I'm going to laugh because I won't have to go grocery shopping for 3 freaking years or I'm going to laugh because I have 3 freaking years of food while it's falling apart or (my personal favorite) some guy in a white robe is going to knock on the door and tell me it's time to go home. Note to self: make sure the cats have food before I go.

Any way I look at it I'm coming out a winner. Here's the best part. None of this surprises me.

Edited to include: Wait a minute, maybe the deficit is because they're building space arks!
edit on 19-3-2011 by billxam because: added content

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You guys should know... all good sci-fi movies are based in fact. That's how Hollywood operates.

The 2012 shift is coming and I don't just read about it online. I feel it, I notice time speeding up, and I have a stronger sense of self each day. If your attached to your ego, well obviously, this will kill it. That's why people have such a hard time swallowing such things.

We are witnessing some pretty cool catastrophes right now and they will only increase. It's a fun ride and when the supernatural stuff really kicks into gear we are going to see a sold out blockbuster.

I'm not saying it's time for the second coming, but the revealing of the truth is near and it's along the lines of planetary ascension if those words mean anything to you.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Let's see...people who lived many many years ago....watched the stars...to watch the stars that well would take generations...not years...generations. They created a calendar from the movements of stars and planets...

Years and years and years later...Christopher Columbus leaves Europe and everyone thought he would sail off the edge of the Flat earth....

Now...we have gizmos and gadgets to measure space movements and find out what these people had already figured out all those years ago....

Duh...kind of stupid to discredit them isn't it? But all the things you see in the movies...that was not part of mayan prophecy...we can only guess what happens at the end of the calendar...it's just the end of an age...the last age...what's after that is all open to speculation, it may just mean that they looked at the train schedule for the month, but because the next months train schedule has not come out yet doesn't mean that there isn't another train coming.

But we do know that the earth has changed itself over and over again with volcanoes, earthquakes, ice ages, etc. and we do know that it is due for the change. It's the way the earth forms, renews itself, takes a bath to clean it's water (do you realize we drink dinosaur pee?) The earth has a way of cleaning itself up...it may be time...
edit on 19-3-2011 by restlessbrainsyndrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

You guys should know... all good sci-fi movies are based in fact. That's how Hollywood operates.

Avatar? The Ghosts of Mars? Star Wars?? Yeah, all factual

The 2012 shift is coming and I don't just read about it online.

Yup, because some people make a lot of money with books and movies talking about 2012

I feel it, I notice time speeding up, and I have a stronger sense of self each day.

Glad your sense of self is good...but when it comes to time, you're mistaken. First of all, time is relative, but on earth, we use an atomic clock the basis for time measurement. And guess what, nothing changed in that respect. What time are you talking about? What's your evidence for time speeding up???

If your attached to your ego, well obviously, this will kill it. That's why people have such a hard time swallowing such things.

Or it could just be the complete lack of objective evidence supporting any of the 2012 claims...including your "time is speeding up" comment

We are witnessing some pretty cool catastrophes right now and they will only increase. It's a fun ride...

I doubt the people in Japan will agree with your assessment of the catastrophes being "cool" and a "fun ride"...pretty tasteless remark from you.

I'm not saying it's time for the second coming, but the revealing of the truth is near and it's along the lines of planetary ascension if those words mean anything to you.

And people have said similar things for hundreds of years, and funny enough, it's always supposed to happen "soon (TM)".

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It is inevitable.
There is no specific date. I feel it is an increase in intensity to that date. That is the real start of when SHTF. The real turmoil is supposed to start from that point on for 5 years to 2017.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by true-life
It is inevitable.
There is no specific date. I feel it is an increase in intensity to that date. That is the real start of when SHTF. The real turmoil is supposed to start from that point on for 5 years to 2017.

Based on what evidence?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join