It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else starting to believe in this 2012 stuff?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by zcflint05

This "2012 stuff" is pretty vague. You reference the movie, which is based on nothing whatsoever.

2012 theory is based on a few books by people like Jose Argueles who did not predict 'the end of the world', or any sort of catastrophe, but predicted something along the lines of humans awakening to their 'potential' and being whisked of to space with some alien race.

Sheesh. You're taking a hollywood movie as scripture.

I don't think I ever stated a hollywood movie as "Scripture", and I would appreciate that you follow the T&Cs on this site and approach this subject with something besides sarcastic ad-hominem attacks.

What I'm simply saying is that many of the 2012 "predictions" about what the lead up to this major event are certainly looking more likely at this point. Earth Changes; massive uprisings in large, important regions of the world seem to be coinciding with our approach to 2012 theory. The movie has no real play in this, but the reason why I used that film as an example is that it gives the readers on this thread a visual representation of what I'm talking about--the way the movie portrayed events leading up to the date. Not anything beyond that, like "arks" being built in the Himalays or LA falling into the ocean. But some people are better visual learners than written learners so I wanted to give a perspective (which obviously is not the exact same thing I'm describing). If you don't really plan on joining the discussion in any meaningful way then I would suggest trolling another thread at this time; better yet; don't troll at all.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I think the only thing we can do is wait and see what happens in december 2012.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The only 2012 thing I see are the alignments happening in the Universe and that is about all I believe in when it comes to 2012.

I believe these alignments cause problems on all planets and are progressively getting worse or happening more.

The planets will all be lined up in the center of the Milky Way, and from what I have read it does affect our planet as well as others and I htink that is what's been going on with out planet as well as the others and the odd weather or things they have had going on.

I dont believe the world will end since NOBODY ever said that would happen. People seem to forget that and interpret it as they want. Mayans never said the world would end, nobody did but us.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
I think 2012 has been misinterpreted and, by a few people more concerned with making a buck, misrepresented. I believe the galactic alignment is a bigger story than the supposed Mayan Doomsday, which is nothing but the end of one cycle and the beginning of another.
Indeed, but don't forget the galactic alignment is fundamental to [their] astronomical predictions, if not the focus of it... the Doomsday scenario is a third-party construct, and in my view, an over simplification.

2012, 2013... 2014. Does it really matter? I can't think anyone would disagree we've gone completely off the rails and need a real shift if we aren't to face extinction ourselves. Time is certainly running short for mankind... but the truly central question remains: regardless of any series of natural catastrophes does mankind have the inclination, will, or indeed ability to effect any worthwhile change in behaviour?

The sad thing is, I honestly don't believe we have that capacity, or maturity.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
here's a snip from my reply in the Leonard Nimoy 2011 thread"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...however, the end of this epoch...with all the earthquakes and magnetic pole switching
has to have some powerful force acting against the Earths inertia of known stability...

I submit the Earths core is the 'monsterous' planet sized body causing these events,
and the myth has arisen that a local brown dwarf star or a long orbit planet
is the foreign/alien intruder...as mans attempt to understand the long duration destruction cycle

the Earth's core..
along with the cyclic unwinding of the Solar magnetic torsion field,
are combining during this 4th epoch of the 26,000 year Precession calandar

my guess is that we are witnessing these 2 cycles climaxes in the 20,480th year of the
Earth Precession
so we should have another 5,120 years of the Sun rising in the West
and the North Pole in Antarctica

edit on 20-3-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That alignment with the center of the galaxy happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR!! And no, it doesn't influence stuff on our planet, and we've always been ok when it happens. It generally happens towards the end of November

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

That alignment with the center of the galaxy happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!

Was this another Professor Brian Cox gaff?

Here you go:

A is where the December solstice sun was in relation to the Milky Way some 3,000 years ago
B is 1,500 years ago
C is "era-2012", when the December solstice sun has converged, as a result of the precession of the equinoxes, with the exact center-line of the Milky Way (the Galactic equator)

HTH

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Im not talking about that alignment...It's on that only happens every so many thousands of years and it happens in 2012. I don't what it's called but that is the one. I will find the thread it is in and post it.

No I don't believe the world will end, people who do are just stupid imo.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
hello i have read a few things about this topic a few weeks ago there are many people saying things are going to change. a comet coming god returning the worlds just going to blow up poler shifts earthquakes. Has anyone thought it might not be the world itself but if humans changed would this not change the world ? maybe there is going to be a great awakening ? i dont know but what i feel isn't bad i think what every is going to happen in these next 2 years is going to be a good thing . what do you reckon do i sound stupid . ? sorry for spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The one I am talking about happens every 26k years. The sun lines up with the center of our galaxy or "galactic equator" on the Winter Solstice.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If Sept/Oct this year comes and we do indeed have another massive earthquake I think I might be on board, at the very least I'll believe that Elenin is affecting us whether TPTB want to admit it or not. Not the world is ending and we're all finished aspect of 2012 but the tough times related to Earth changes aspect. If we did get hit with world wide disaster on a near regular basis I do think it could change how we view life and possibly connect us in a way never experienced by mankind. No matter what happens though short of a massive asteroid wiping us out I really don't see any scenario taking place where the majority of us aren't here in 2013 and beyond.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

You might want to look up 'ad hominem'. I did not attack you. If you truly fee my post is in violation of the T and C, please report it. PLEASE. But it isn't. Disagreeing with someone, and explaining why hey disagree is not a personal attack.

That is all.
edit on 20-3-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: I can't spell worth snip

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

he knows exactly what alignment your on about, if i were you id just ignore him as he is only on this thread to stir things up or "debunk it" so i wouldn please him in argueing with him.

eta: for someone to say nothing is going to happen at all is a bit ignorent imo when clearly an alignment like that doesnt happen every other day...
edit on 20/3/11 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoobyrob

he knows exactly what alignment your on about, if i were you id just ignore him as he is only on this thread to stir things up or "debunk it" so i wouldn please him in argueing with him.

eta: for someone to say nothing is going to happen at all is a bit ignorent imo when clearly an alignment like that doesnt happen every other day...
edit on 20/3/11 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

Didn't know asking for objective evidence makes you so angry

Not my fault if it's all hogwash

As for that galactic alignment happening every 26k years, you might wanna take into consideration what astrophysicists and other experts that should know have to say...rather than blindly believing what some 2012 blog tells you.

He explained that a type of "alignment" occurs during every winter solstice, when the sun, as seen from Earth, appears in the sky near what looks to be the midpoint of the Milky Way.

There is NO special alignment this year...at least none that doesn't happen every year
The whole 26k year thing is hogwash...

They [galactic alignments] create no changes in gravitational pull, solar radiation, planetary orbits, or anything else that would impact life on Earth.

Regarding galactic alignments, University of Texas Maya expert David Stuart writes on his blog that "no ancient Maya text or artwork makes reference to anything of the kind."

Source

But yeah, let's not listen to the people who really know, and rather focus on hogwash some blog poster posts

I challenge anyone to find even one scientific article showing objective evidence that the galactic alignment will have any negative consequences. I'm expecting to hear a lot of crickets

What I think is kinda funny is how strongly some defend that nonsense, it's almost like a religion for them. ZERO objective evidence backing up any of it, but I guess that's why it's more like a belief, a religion.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bargoose

Events such as earthquakes are not happening more often. Studies show that earthquakes and volcanic eruptions are relatively even over time.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

ummm hi NASA, yes little me here 4 billion years? did you forget about all the officially documented world catastrophes, abrupt weather changes, mass extinctions, giant impact craters, etc...? yes you forgot that, it's okay, simple mistake, you can recap these events in any grade 2 elementary school book

You posted a link to a NASA Q&A and skipped over the context of this answer which is to this:

Many Internet websites say the world will end in December 2012.

In fact none of these events you mentioned ended the world. There have been big events, but none that ended the world.

and it would of course be the 'most intense' solar maximum in fifty years according to NASA because they only started looking into the whole solar flare/storm idea after Explorer 1 was launched in 1957; also meaning any intense solar flares could potentially be the 'worst' since history, i mean NASAs public records only go back 50 years. ummm, yeah, whatever....anyhow....

None of this in any way adds to the comments made by NASA.

But right before this you stated

oh but wait, NASA also says this on their official website, okay now i am confused...

Why are you confused? Why does the nonexistence of a planet destroying event have to do with solar storms?

Wait, I get it you purposely copied a quote from this page
Solar Storm Warning from 2006

You could have posted a quote from the newer information which you have been made aware of in other threads:
New Solar Cycle Prediction from 2009
That article states

An international panel of experts led by NOAA and sponsored by NASA has released a new prediction for the next solar cycle. Solar Cycle 24 will peak, they say, in May 2013 with a below-average number of sunspots.

Using old information which is shown to be wrong is not very meaningful.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Many people have at least read of the Mayan prophecies and the end of the world.

There is this endless claim of some Mayan prophecies. There are no such prophecies associated with the end of the long count calendar.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelangelo

I'm prayin' for tidal waves

Hasn't the enormous number of deaths in Japan and the previous slaughter from Indonesia to Sri Lanka been enough to sate your blood lust?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Not to mention that 2012 isn't even the traditional end to the Long Count. So far there are no pre-Columbian Long Count calendars that end with 13 baktun. In fact there are calendars that end after 20 baktun.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonspit

Here is a fun game any college age kids can play. It's called "Toast to 2012."

The rules of "Toast to 2012" are simple. You watch the movie 2012 with a group of friends. Each time someone spots something impossible or really stupid in the film you point it out and then you get to do a shot of whiskey or drink a beer. First one to pass out wins.

Simple hints to begin the game:
1. You point out that only an idiot would design a ship that doesn't allow the motors to be turned on while a door is open.
2. The RV is hit my a ball of lava and no one inside is instantly burned alive by splash of 1000+ degree lava.
3. Cracks don't open in the Earth during an earthquake.
4. The plane flies over the ocean during a pole shift and encounters no head winds
5. The waves that wash over the Himalayas don't recede.

These are a few simple ones. Go out there and have fun with this lousy movie.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join