It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help -- "super moon" pics and tales

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I don't know if this is related to the supermoon theory, but i've noticed (starting this week only) that people are driving like maniacs on the highways/freeways and regular roads. Maybe it's in my head, but it just stuck out to me that there are a lot of ***hole drivers around lately. Probably not related...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyPathManifests
Me and my neighbor want to run a little experiment to see if gravity on the planet is lessened during the perigee. We were just gonna see how high we could jump, but too many variables come into play. Any ideas on how to potentially measure this?

Easy. get an very accurate scale. then weigh something.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well it still be fairly large goin from sat into sunday? its cloudy in my area so im pretty disappointed ):

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
OK this is crap... taken a few photos and have tried to upload but wouldn't have a clue how to get them here!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hey guys, i just recorded a video of the supermoon (i hate that word, it's still just the moon) but i cannot up-load it.
I dont want to use youtube.
can someone help please.

This is as far as i can get in my "media account"

edit on 19/3/11 by dadfortruth1 because: Added image

Please disregard, i see media uploads has been dissabled.
edit on 19/3/11 by dadfortruth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Well the word lunatic comes from luna (the moon) and you can research that there are plenty of stories of increased mad behaviour on and around the time of a full moon. Most of this probably came from the fact that people could actually see very well by the light of a full moon so stayed out longer getting up to mischief.

But let's look at this, I know the lunatics won't want to read it because it doesn't help to create panic or substantiate any belief that bad things will happen.

Clearly there's a lot of confusion about what's really a SuperMoon. I know, because I created and defined the term in an article published over 30 years ago. When I see people misrepresenting the idea, not really understanding it at all, I feel impelled - not compelled - to try and set the record straight. Words mean things, after all . . . For example, referring to the date of the last SuperMoon as 18 years ago - as several media reports are doing lately - is completely wrong. There are 4-6 SuperMoons a year on average. The one on March 19, 2011 is in fact the closest SuperMoon of the year, but it's not by any means the first one in 18 years, nor even the first extreme SuperMoon in 18 years. The truth is, March 19 will be the second SuperMoon this year, and we only have to go back to January 30, 2010 to find the last example of an extreme SuperMoon;

www.astropro.com...

Unfortunately, much like in 2012, nothing much will happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It is kind of exciting, or I'm just being buoyed along by the hype, but I don't care. Something beautiful in nature to look forward to, not destrution.

To all you UK ers - we should have clear skies here in the south so I'll sure be out there lookin!
On a side note, a couple of nights ago, I thought the moon was looking a tad eliptical...not so round...I know it wasn't full then but it's not about that - it looked.. odd. Anyone else think that or I am nuts? Well, maybe we'll see tonight!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Watching the moon from Australia. Had a great view at a full or almost full moon about an hour or so ago,
moon is now hidden behind clouds now, but even the clouds look special tonight.
Enjoy the view friends, its magical.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by squizzy
I am at the moment in central England and although the moon looks to be its usual size it is considerably brighter than I have ever seen. It is 2am here and lighting up the sky so much that I can CLEARLY see all my garden through the window. This is with an internal light on when normally I see nothing but darkness due to the lights on inside. Very bright, very pretty can't wait until tonight as we are lucky to have clear blue sky forecast for tomorrow. Hope to get great pictures and put them on here

This. I was amazed at how bright that damn moon was tonight.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Hi, searching4truth!

It's great to know someone else remembers that same moon! It was really wild to see the moon looking like that, and it did look like it was going to fall to the earth or something. Good to know I wasn't alone in freaking out about it. I was in high school back then. So, tonight's the night! I wonder if the moon will look like that again tonight...

Hoping for the skies to stay clear. I may just have to take out the telescope!
edit on 19-3-2011 by Ariel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
If it is clear tonight I will be snapping quite a few pictures. Something tells me the clouds are gonna be dicks again like during the eclipse though

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariel

That moon scared the crap out of me. I was in NY, stepped out on the porch for a smoke and freaked out lol. I had to run to the computer to make sure the world wasn't ending lmao.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Here is a video i just shot tonight from Australia. Hope you enjoy.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
TDKRL, that was my thought, too, especially after just watching The Seventh Sign a day or so before! It definitely made me think about where we were in the timeline of Revelations. I wish we'd had the internet then, because it would have been great to just be able to go online and look up what was going on with the moon that night. But for whatever reason, I didn't even really mention it to anyone or attempt to see if there would have been anything about it in the newspaper.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Ariel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The perfect Supermoon:
1.Have a reason to moon. Obviously, you might want to just moon someone because you think it's a funny practical joke. Well, it's also extremely crude, and insulting, so don't moon someone that you don't wish to be insulted by it. A good thing to remember also, at this point, is to look around. Is there someone you are attracted to nearby? What about family members? If so, it is generally advised to walk away at this point, pants remaining buttoned.
2 Form an escape plan. This is optional, if you are running short on time. If you don't have time to figure out where you are going to run to, just run for the nearest bush, or, if you are in a city, alley. If you are indoors, run for the door.
3 Unbutton pants. Keep one hand on your fly, so you will be able to pull and zip up your pants again as quickly as possible after mooning. There is nothing more humiliating than attempting to make a moon n' dash- mooning someone, and then running away, than finding out that you are unable to pull up your pants on time. If this is the case, you will fall. With your pants down around your ankles. That is the only possible way that your mooning will actually backfire, making you the "butt" of the joke.
4Pull 'em down.
5 Pull 'em up again. The time between these two steps should be kept to an absolute minimum. People will be tempted to actually kick you, in the butt, when you moon them. The best way to avoid this is to not give them time. About a second or so of mooning is plenty to make your point.
6 Button your pants.
7 Run for it. If you followed step two, you already had an escape plan prepared at this point. You don't need to stick around and argue- there is no comeback to a mooning, and you should hope that whoever you mooned does not chose to run after you. At this point, you should be trying to put whatever possible between you and the person you mooned.
8 Escape!
Tips
• Mooning is mostly done as a joke and by catching a viewer by complete surprise. It happens in a blink of the eye. Make sure that you move away just as quickly from the site of the mooning so you do not get caught.
• Run away quickly when mooning someone in person. Understand that mooning is not about whether the person you moon wants to chase you or not, but the simple act of running away adds to the insult. Aside from that, if they do want to catch you, you should make sure you run away fast. Whether your victim intends to give chase or not, the act of running away adds a much needed element to the insult and running will give you a head start over them.
• Moon while in a driving car. This is fun, and everyone will laugh and will not know it is you. Sit in the passenger seat, and moon your butt through the open window. This is an experience every teen has enjoyed at least once, if not more often and find it fun and quite harmless.
• Part of the fun of watching someone over TV who has mooned in an open sports arena during half time, is watching a few officials attempt to grab them as they run in different directions to make a getaway.
• Sometimes being refined can be boring, so at times it is kind of fun to break out of it and be spontaneous and do something a little unconventional.


posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Australiana, I can definitely confirm that the Full Moon Effect is not an old wives tale. I work in the security industry in the UK and there is a definite change in peoples behaviour during full moons

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Highlandlad

I have also heard this.
Could this be from the light particles/photons that a full moon produces that have an affect on humans and animals.
Studies have shown peoples moods alter from different weather conditions and we recieve vitamin d and other elements from the sun, so we may also get somthing from the moonlight that has an effect on us.
just a theory.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

Yeah I think the vitamin D emitted by the sun gets converted to vitamin psycho when it bounces off the moon

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

Awesome footage -
But, (and maybe I'm crazy as I said in my earlier post) the moon just doesn't look 'round' to me lately.
Could of course be the angle you're shooting from or the shape of the screen but that's kind of how it looked the other night when I saw it; more... 'elipticle'...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ariel

Yes, I was thinking I may have been crazy. I just don't understand how more people don't remember it.

I think I'm gonna take the kids to get a telescope, I've been meaning to get one for awhile and tonight sounds like the perfect reason

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join