It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Bruzzo wants to drug test welfare recepients...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Whats the actual cost of a basic drug test in the USA? Is a basic drug test enough? the Basic drug test here does not cover all ilegal substances on the streets!!!

I still go back to my argument......you don't drug test those with mental/physical/biological disorders, you do not drug test the elderly, but here on this board they want ALL on welfare drug tested.

So if we leave these two groups out, who DO we drug test and how can you not drug test the most obvious and not all? The day all are drug tested, we might as well finger print the entire US population and consider your basic rights nil and void!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by ldyserenity

My bet is they did a better job for less.......

There's aint nothing like some good competition in the market place!

A better JOB? HA!!! How would they know, no one ever called my advertisement when I tried to start my business... wow that's funny. Unfortunately I didn't have any customer base at all when I tried to start the business (I am pretty new to the area). All I had is references (which they probably didn't bother with) from prior house cleaning jobs I had with all A++ rating references for me. How do I know? Because I was the hardest damn worker any of them had ever had, still to this day. But whatever. Also I don't put my price out there as I go on the basis of sq. ft/ and then I also would take into account offers from others they had come to give them an estimate. I simply stated I will beat any estimate. So whatever. They didn't even call for my advertisement. Probably because I put I wasn't bilingual, and that I was a legal resident (but this is stuff you have to supply when you are looking for jobs anywhere so I put American business)

edit on 18-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: left a word out.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Well the tests I took were about $20 each, and they test for the main drugs, just like all drugs tests I would imagine do. But there is not a single drug test known to man that can test "every drug out there on the streets". There are literally thousands of different drugs that people can be using, if you want to test for all of those, then yeah, that's a tremendous waste of money.

And I don't see why it's such a big deal for the elderly or disabled to take a piss test. I mean, they piss just like the rest of us, so why can't they just do it in a cup? Or if they're too frail to stand and do it in a cup, just rig up their little urine-bag thing to drain into a cup, and whammo, drug test completed.
edit on 18-3-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

You charged per square foot? Are you mad? This must only happen in the USA because it does'nt happen anywhere else in the world. I would'nt employ a house cleaner and pay per sq ft.

Why did'nt you charge per hour ?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

The whole point of welfare is to help someone get by in a tough time, or longer in some circumstances. Rent, food, bills, untilities. Things you need. It's not for partying, or supporting a drug addiction. If you're using illegal substances, it should be on your dime, when you can fully support yourself.

I have no problem with drug use in general, when done by responsible adults. It's a decision everyone is free to make, but not one taxpayers should need to pay for, especially in this economy. If someone has money to spend throwing it away on drugs, they shouldn't be collecting welfare. That's money which could be used for something more important, which instead taxpayers would have to pay for. I don't see why you'd expect me to feel any differently.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Thats costing the tax payer almost 1/2 a BILLION dollars.....

thats if the current unemployment figures are correct

I know what, we'll just add that on to the 90 TRILLION dollars you guys owe then it won't seem so much, right?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Why should the elderly have to take a piss test? I say that if some eighty-five year old dude in a hoveround wants to spark one up, well, hell, he's earned it somewhere down the line.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

You have no problem with "responsible" adults using illegal substances....???

You just failed the test!

No responsible adult uses illegal substances PERIOD! HELLO!!!!

I see how ALL of you tried to mingle your way out of those with mental/biological/physical disorders and our elderly.

You ALL failed the test!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Because everyone else on these boards think ALL those on welfare should take a drug test....

hey I'm with you on that one.....there are two groups you can not demand be drug tested......

then all the other groups will demand equality!

Thats why this drug testing is not only expensive but is a stupid and really dumb idea

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Well hopefully in a few years cannabis will be decriminalized so we won't have to worry about that. Then they can test for the REAL dangerous drugs out there, not a harmless plant. And yeah, there's not too many elderly people who scam welfare for crack money, so I don't really see a reason to test them, but it would be kind of discriminatory to have an age cut off for welfare drug tests, don't you think? And I'm sure if a disabled person smokes weed medicinally, he can just whip out his green-card after he fails the test and all will be well.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Alright sorry to drift off topic, I'm not trying to turn this into a drug war debate, but if you want to talk about wasted taxpayer money, look at the War on Drugs. We spend an average of $40 BILLION dollars each year on a war that several presidents have admitted is un-winnable. That adds up to around $500-$600 BILLION dollars that has been spent on this un-winnable war. There's your wasted taxpayer money.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Well, as I've pointed out, the whole shebang is discriminatory.

For starters, it only affects the poor who collect welfare. The wealthy who collect welfare are unaffected.

Second, the OP mentions that a "percentage" of recipients will be tested. How will this percentage be determined? I harbor significant doubts that it will be totally random.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Go ahead and drug test them.... good way to see who is really disabled and who is not. Believe me, I've been there..I know what I'm talking about.

But tell me, if I buy a 250,000 dollar Ferrari, I have to be responsible and make the payments otherwise the car gets taken away from me and my credit (word) is then crap.

BUT, if a woman has a kid (which will cost $380,000 till 18 soure Financial Times) then not only is she subsidied by the taxpayers but even rewarded more for having even more children irresponsibly.

I think women should be financially responsible for each child she CHOOSES to have and not put the burden on taxpayers. If she can't pay, then either force abortion or give child to adoption...whichever option the public feels is best.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I didn't know that it was a percentage of people on welfare that would be tested, that's pretty whack. They should either test all of them or test none of them. Also, why the hell do the wealthy collect welfare? Was that the thing you mentioned about corporations taking control over public schools or something like that? Or is it literally just rich people who aren't satisfied with all of their money and want a little bit more every once in a while?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Oh, so you asked them if they were unemployed or not?

I was a cashier I got to process their transaction that is how I know who was on what subsidies.

I never had a problem with these people, I treated them with the same equal respect and dignity as I would of a gold card Amex holder......but let me tell you that in the past 5 years every person I sprung shop lifting was VERY well dressed and from the "upper class" social spectrum.

Well To be honest, wal mart is the only place I have ever dealt with them, actually, so you could be right(actually I find most people at any wal mart anywhere shopping to be very rude most of the time), And they certainly didn't pay me enough to deal with the crackheads in this area there are a LOT of crackheads, and Most of them are on welfare or SSDI, not all, but a majority, not to mention the meth heads too. We got a lot of those too, & they ALL happen to shop at wal mart. And certainly not all of the welfare recipients were drug users or rude, but the majority were. This is also the south, as a matter of fact I never dealt with any rude customers up North at all because I lived in better areas up there. So it also might just be this area?

I like the welfare recepients....they don't try bartering for a cheaper price like the snobs with more money to throw around.

Because they really don't give a # They didn't pay for the stuff, they didn't work to earn that money, they didn't swing a hammer in the hot sun or clean toilets or sweat their butts off in a busy ER to earn that cash, NOT A LICK!!!! I also have dealt with hagglers and they are not as unpleasant as you'd contend...in fact valued customers like that, we even met them halfway, and we were all smiling when we were done. I don't think there's anything wrong with getting a better price if you can, and I never had a one of those ever get rude with me. This logic is a fail.

One day you will find yourself without a job and my bet is you'll see things differently, mark my words on that and that time may come sonner than you think.

Obviously I am out of work(going on year three now) if I tried starting a cleaning business, I don't sit on my # and do nothing... I attend online school to get a degree in something that will benefit me by getting me a better job or being able to start a business in that field of my own and it is something illegals cannot do(I checked)... IT Administration...networking systems...also I have been on food stamps and welfare and guess what? I had to jump through a great many hoops most people don't even have to jump through to get it, so one more wouldn't be any skin off my back at all. Every day I am looking for work, I still jumped through their stupid hoops and been denied (8 times) any help with absolutely no income coming into this house at all (my children have medicaid that's it & for that it was pulling teeth to finally get accepted and another 2 yrs till they got their actual cards so someone would actually see them at the drs or hospital, it's a joke if you're a full white legal american to get any of these benefits that they hand out so freely to drug addicts and layabouts). I won't even & can't even guess why I am being denied, but it's whatever, I don't sit here saying poor me, wah wah wah... I can't do anything about my situation blah blah blah & all those lame excuses, I find something even the littlest thing to do just to get by another day... I don't expect anybody else to provide it, and like I said, when I tried I am denied anyway. I only ever received it maybe 12 months total in my entire lifetime. But I don't sit here and ball and cry to them, boohoo.... I do what I got to do...but see I am not a drug user either so I can think normally..I can think intelligibly, and I press on because I don't feel entitled to it like others (though I did pay into it for about 20 yrs approximately), I just gotta make due and that's fine by me, I don't even want it now. Oh and going into debt for my education on top of it. So don't tell me I don't know about unemployment or receiving welfare. I was just raised right that even while on welfare I was never rude to the cashiers or anyone that didn't get rude with me first!!! Really like I said I am sure there are a lot of fine people who recieve welfare I even dealt with them too, it's just a lot of them were very nasty rude. I will try not to generalize, I really wasn't trying to, but it did come off that way.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

A complete waste of money that drug war supposingly you are fighting.....

does'nt help when US airforce planes with marines show up in foreign countries full of illegal drugs or when those running your country like their little bowls of white powder available for their guests at their formal parties of sorts....and don't even get me started in the CIA.

The war was NEVER meant to be won! It's BIG business in the USA and it helps keep politicians in power

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

You have, going by the recent data, 205 million unemployed

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You charged per square foot? Are you mad? This must only happen in the USA because it does'nt happen anywhere else in the world. I would'nt employ a house cleaner and pay per sq ft.

Why did'nt you charge per hour ?

Base is $.62 (thats 62 cents per sq ft.) Usually initial cleans are higher if its really deep cleaning needed, but that's what the company I worked for charged normally after initial clean, 62 cents a sq ft, I would go to as low as 50 cents or if they had a really easy house probably even less. The most footage I have ever done with the business I worked for was 2200 sq ft that would be... hold on getting my calculator out... would be $13.64 every time we cleaned so usually twice a week $13.74 x 2 is $27.28 per week, but most paid monthly, so 4 x $27.28 is $109.12.(I have no idea what that translates into in wherever you are) So it's not what you're thinking. Anybody here who's dealt with cleaning services here knows about how much to expect to pay for established companies, so they can probably guess what someone starting out saying they will beat competition costs, they can figure pretty much what they'd be looking at spending.
edit on 18-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: quote got screwed up???

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BeenieWeenie

I think BOTH parents are responsible for their children

you claim only WOMEN!

You loose, down boy!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Are you saying that out of 300 million Americans, 205 of those are un-employed?

That's just silly.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join