It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Bruzzo wants to drug test welfare recepients...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by omegazap

Ok.....and if any of you find yourself in hospitals because of a health related issue because of Obesity I dam well expect you to pay ALL your medical bills - in advance.

Obesity is the biggest killer in the USA right now.....

Now how many of you are over weight?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This post just goes to show how much the poor are being increasingly discriminated against and the responses from ATSers is a sad reflection. Lets not forget some of the biggest welfare in our history has been the bailing out of banks with public funds and corporate welfare. Now where's everyone demanding these people should be drug tested? You dont think those on Wall Street are doing drugs fueling their risk taking on the stock market? Imagine the damage a charged up Banker can do compared to a stoned unemployed person. The wrong people are being targeted, but you would rather blame the poor.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Why is this all of a sudden a privacy issue?

Amazing that people complain about tax dollars being spent poorly and when somebody comes up with a better idea than the way things are going on now, people complain about that too.

It's not perfect, but it's better than wasting tax payer money of folks who abuse the system, for drugs, among other things.

~Keeper

That's good. Use my tax money to drug test people to "save my tax money"? I highly doubt it. This program will end up costing the tax payer more than it saves us.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Yup.

If they want tax payer money, it should be a fair deal that they aren't using that money to buy drugs. Hard earned tax dollars are good for other people, who need it for good reasons.

Drugs not so much.

Ahh so you would leave them to either starve to death or die from exposure to the elements.

Wonderful.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

These people want to target the poor because those on Wall St etc are all in the "too hard" basket.

I strongly doubt any of these people here have ever gone to "downtown" late at night and rubbed shoulders with the homeless and listened to their stories.....

I doubt they have kids in a wheelchair or have a low to moderate functioning child with a disability; they probably hate their parents and have no respect for them.....

but they themselves are in so much debt they know if a bogeyman came to their door and demanded they pay their debts now up front....they immediately become homeless.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
As I see it... this proposal by La Bruzzo is a back-door tactic...probably originating from TPTB/
Shadow Government/Illumenati/NWO-Globalists... to exercise more control over persons

this is a hot-button issue and by rationalizing that welfare cases should submit (as a class of
people) to the standard drug tests that the working class peoples must submit to already...
is a real way to get support for the proposal

what other data can be squeezed out of these tests?
can potential organ donors be recognized and then tracked?

If a debit card is supposed to help eliminate the underground drug economy through a cashless
type of society...it is failing...as i know of several persons that in a pinch, sell their food stamps
at .50¢ on the dollar---to get the cash needed
and the welfare subsistance monies awarded to people in need here in SC are for only 24 months
and then your balance is exhausted...the funds are released thru debit cards & it's not that $$
thats used to buy drugs- there are other ways to earn the cash for pills/drugs/dope

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I'm for it. I think they should also do random surprise testing at some point to make sure they weren't just clean for the first one. Drop a dirty test and lose your benefits. At my husband's job, they do random testing on the spot to all of their employees once a year.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Thunder heart woman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Since we would already have huge numbers of tests on hand and we are also paying the government employees at these welfare offices I think the tests should also be done on the employees.

It makes sense, at least at offices were tests are available.

I don't want some pot junky working on my dime, just like I don't want some welfare bum getting high of the money we give them.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
pot junky

LMAO, goes to show how little you actually know about the subject.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

What about bankers bailed out with public money, your dime so to speak. Cocaine is rife amongst bankers and could quite possibly lead them to to make risky decisions that could have far ranging effects. You want those tested as much as the pot head?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Even more so than the 'potheads', these guys have control of our money.

Of course the anti-drugs ignoramuses will try making excuses but in the end if you are going to drug test welfare recipients then those who handle the money should also be tested.

I guarantee it will fix the problems on Wall Street to a great degree once most of them are tossed out for 'illicit drug usage'.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Exuberant1
pot junky

LMAO, goes to show how little you actually know about the subject.

I heard about what that stuff does. I guess you could say I went to the "school of hard knocks"...

There was this guy - a friend of a friend - well he smoked reefer once. Pretty soon he was smoking ten a day. Before he knew it he was banging 80 reefers a day, on account of the joints didn't do it for him anymore.

Eventually he died of an overdose and then got aids and died.

He thought he was pretty cool. He needed the hard stuff and he paid with his life but not before selling everything he owned to buy dope and calling his own mother a bitch twice - His own mother!

It's your life man, do what you want. Just make sure to change needles after each time you shoot up that weed, otherwise you'll cause veins alot of grief.

Yeah I'm not serious. Could you tell?
edit on 18-3-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

LOL my apologies mate, I probably should have read more of the thread before I replied.

Please continue.....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
To seek relief from the government, on the tax payers dime, is a privilege not a right. To try and ensure this money is not being spent on illegal drugs but rather on necessities to survive seems logical to me, certainly not discriminatory. All you naysayers, if your friend asked you for $1000 dollars to get out of debt so he would not loose his home that provides warmth and shelter for his family, and after you give it to him you see him snorting coc aine or with a large bag of marijuana and a foreclosure sign on his lawn, how would you react?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

Ofcourse its discriminatory, as I have pointed out many people receive some form of government support, I used the bankers of Wall Street as an example. If you dont test these people too and only target those on welfare then it is discrimination, but you dont care about discriminating against the poor and thats where the problem lies.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

Thing is mate, most of those welfare recipients will fail the test and be left homeless and struggling to survive. Then you'll be bitching about why you have homeless people sleeping on your driveway, on the footpaths, in doorways - anywhere they can get a place to sleep.

All this law will do is create more pain and suffering, not reduce it.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I am ALL for this since half the damn recipients in my area are drug dealers yet they get all kinds of welfare. It pisses me off.

The welfare system here is a joke. I wont even go into my real thoughts on here because I will get called a racist but it's the damn truth.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

So what about the poor strugglers who occasionally might have a smoke of weed just to relax hey? You advocate putting them out on the streets too?

Are you pro-torture are you?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

It's obvious to me only one or two on this thread have any respect towards the elderly or senior citizens on welfare....

Do you know what Downs Syndrome is? Autism? How about wheelchair confined recepients? Urine tests for them too?

there is definately a serious gap between my generation and yours; if some smart @rse your age sitting on your @rses wanting my urine sample for a bit of welfare I'd tell you to get stuffed and if that meant I'd get no help from Govt I'd follow you and your staff around until I got enough goodies on you and see to it you all got sacked, one by one.

See, my generation can play your tricks too except we are just better at it.

I have respect towards everyone, how is mandatory drug testing to get a privilage, (ie. welfare), considered disrespectful? I guess our generation gap, has a main difference. Because you must be from an entitlement, I want everything for free, and not have to work for anything mindset. You know, after your adamance, about this testing for drug thing, I must admit I had you pegged for a dealer, now I know otherwise, you are an addict. And as for your last statement, you sound like a pathetic, poor excuse of a human being. Now, run along and get high, or whatever it is you do.
edit on 18-3-2011 by thorazineshuffle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

While the Welfare system, both personal and corporate, needs to be cleaned up, this is a really stupid idea. This is just what we need, to start spending a bunch more money on stupid, useless "feel-good" BS that will not do one damn thing to solve the problem. Like we have all kinds of extra money sitting around for this kind of stupid crap.

What kind of idiot is this guy La Bruzzo? Oh yeah, he's a political panderer, who is jumping on the current "it's all because of the poor and the unions" bandwagon and continuing to yank that chain.

With this kind of moron going around wasting time and money with this kind of nonsense, we can probably spend every last penny we still have, without even having to start another war.

The fact this moron is taken seriously at all is an indication of just how far we have sunk as a nation.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join