It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions the Skeptics, Media and Government(s) Can’t Answer.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

More than one article states beams or rays. Nothing about a gentle dispersal of neutrons there.

Everyone's reprinting the same badly translated article. Word for word.

Seriously, read the thing for understanding. They use the term "beam" for ANY neutron emission. I know it's not as sexy as imagining blue laser beams coming out of the debris. Which somehow are only emitting 0.02 microSieverts. But yeah, blue death beams man, that's the ticket.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

It's all good my friend, everyone is on edge and the truth is none of us like not knowing what's going on. Some of us just try harder than others to imagine that we do.

That's just human nature.

Deep down everyone knows something of truly epic proportions is brewing, that its likely to be big, bad and very ugly, and none of us really want that to happen.

We will keep denying it is, some of us, up to and with our dying breaths.

Humanity is being faced with a monumental challenge at the present moment, and while a lot of people are rebelling all over the world, it is being managed in a way that they can't easily come together, all of us to start confronting these things and taking real responsibility for them.

I think people sense we are losing and missing an opportunity and that depresses them as much as it frightens them.

Long and short is we are all going to have to dig deep, and deeper still, to get beyond this, and yeah I for one really don't want to have too, and I know most people are just like me.

We really wish we had some leaders who actually represented us, cared, meant well, would be honest with us, keep us in the loop and where actually competent and capable too.

We all know we don't and yeah some of us are really afraid to admit that, and for good reason.

We stand on a crossroads, a evolutionary rung on the latter where we either sink back down several rungs or rise up to the next.

These are momentous times, and the vast majority of us know we are just average people with limited skills and abilities and resources.

It has us all on edge my friend.

Hopefully in the hard days and months ahead we will all start coming together and stop fighting one another in the senseless spatts and tit for tat exchanges but resolve to actually do something constructive and productive.

Still I would rather be at the beach and not be bothered but the depressing truth is that the beach is not so much fun when a 6 mile long 50 foot wave is headed right for you.

When the going gets tough my friend, the tough get going.

Just because the nuclear plant is in self destruct mode doesn't mean we all have to be too.

Chin up, carry on, tally ho...ollie ollie option free.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

More than one article states beams or rays. Nothing about a gentle dispersal of neutrons there.

Seriously, read the thing for understanding. They use the term "beam" for ANY neutron emission. I know it's not as sexy as imagining blue laser beams coming out of the debris. Which somehow are only emitting 0.02 microSieverts. But yeah, blue death beams man, that's the ticket.

So you are saying that all the news outlets are running the same exact piece of innacurate information.

Now there is a stellar surprise, this just amazes me.

This my friend is what the thread is about, no real information, and just canned information that you yourself know can't be accurate because you understand some of the science inolved.

Here is where you are not erring on the side of caution, you are trying to make sense out of what wasn't issued or made to make sense, by tweaking it to make sense.

That does not though mean that is happening because it really can't be assumed that they were honest in the first place with what you tweaked.

It's canned stock news that is being broadcast by everyone. There are no independent sources, it's all tightly controlled, they are telling people only what they want people to hear, and you know that because you have spotted the innacuracies in it.

Want to bet that every news agency in the world screwed the translation and what they said just needs tweaking to make some sense?

I don't advise it with this crew or this situation.

You might be a little too focused on the narrow aspect of the problem where you feel you do have some helpful expertise.

You might be missing the real forest while looking at that tree though.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The reporter says that no one is drinking tap water now and that the radiation levels are five to six times higher than what is being reported. I am surprised that I didn't see a blue death beam evaporate this guy.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

RT is fast becoming the only news worth watching

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I admit this is exceedingly cruel but I dug deep for the musical break that would really compliment that news report.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
This my friend is what the thread is about, no real information, and just canned information that you yourself know can't be accurate because you understand some of the science inolved.

Here is where you are not erring on the side of caution, you are trying to make sense out of what wasn't issued or made to make sense, by tweaking it to make sense.

That does not though mean that is happening because it really can't be assumed that they were honest in the first place with what you tweaked.

It's canned stock news that is being broadcast by everyone. There are no independent sources, it's all tightly controlled, they are telling people only what they want people to hear, and you know that because you have spotted the inaccuracies in it.

Ugh. I find myself agreeing with you. I feel soiled.

Ok, let me rephrase: If that story isn't a total fabrication, it makes sense IF you assume they're badly mistranslating the Japanese term for "neutron emission" as "neutron beam".

On the other hand, from my point of view, the article, if read correctly, is a gentle understatement that roughly could be read as "Uncle Akio, the doctor says you don't have to worry about having immediate quadruple bypass surgery anymore...the doctor says you have terminal pancreatic cancer."

It's VERY ominous. It's just not dramatic. It's the sort of thing you read, raise one eyebrow and say "What?"

As disinformation, it's not very calming. At least from my POV.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Disinformation when done right is simply meant to confuse, it doesn't have to be reassuring, or maddening either, it just has to keep people guessing and far enough afield from the truth as to not represent a potential threat against those spreading the disinformation's agenda.

We don't know each other well yet, but I am not the wacky conspiracy theorist you imagine me to be, you may in fact to your own horor come to realize that I do make sense.

You know and I know with what's really on the line here that they can and could easily provide a qualified expert to explain it right to a scientific mind's satisfaction and to get it translated right too.

It's not like this is some little league baseball game my friend.

They are feeding us misinformation. They aren't telling us the whole truth. They are hiding things.

Most importantly they have failed to present to solve this problem and it's getting worse.

We therefore have nothing to do but speculate as to what the truth is and that confusion will serve its purpose.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You know and I know with what's really on the line here that they can and could easily provide a qualified expert to explain it right to a scientific mind's satisfaction and to get it translated right too.

They so often DON'T though. Not just on this one, but in general, you'll rarely see the news cover science-based issues correctly, even small things, even when it's a news source you might otherwise sort of trust, like the BBC. And not just nitpicking about spelling or attribution - they get the big picture wrong. A lot.

At one time, there were some news correspondents both TV and print that could get it right, even when you might wish they hadn't. The last ten years, though, it's like print journalists the world around study their craft by watching "Dancing with the Stars" - on top of which, it's often blazingly obvious that they no longer use technical advisors whatsoever.

And it's not just technical stuff - they get basic military stories wrong a lot, and pretty much anything to do with firearms or explosives is going to be screwed up abysmally. Entertainment's worse. You almost never see movies get basic facts right. I don't expect them to be entertaining science or military documentaries, but how hard is it to have an Abrams roll in when the lead says "Here comes the M1!" and it's a Bradley.

But I've pretty much decided that for news that's science related, about all you can do is fish for the basic data and interpret it yourself by minimizing incongruities.

Maybe there's a business model there. Send me your draft science stories and I'll bull---- filter them for you.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

What you don't get is they are bull-filtering them first to be that way on purpose.

They want society dumbed down, look around us at the entertainment they promote and their efforts to get everyone to ascribe to the lowest possible common denominator.

Thats not by accident, they have long known through the school and universtity system and entertainment how to create functionally illiterate docile workers, adequatetly competent managers to follow executive orders, and better trained executives and scientists to fill the top tier management under the oligarch ownership corporate umbrella.

The news is simply to entertain and to prod people for their emotional cues and clues and proper political stance.

It's not about informing or educating people, and even at the top university level they don't teach the strategy and thinking that the Powers that Be employ in structuring systems and societies.

You only come about that through mentoring as a Power that Be or as a Force of Nature.

The people are purposefully undereducated, dumbed down, misled, and misinformed and manipulated to go along with the agenda.

Once you establish enough momentum in anyone direction the independent and critical thinkers that have fallen through the cracks can't do much to stop or alter the tide.

This is what the thread is really about.

Helping people to learn the above.

No one actually knows what a Proto thread is about but Proto!

There is always something bigger and more crucial I am trying to convey.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Slayer69 and Youtube

See there in those three words you see the dark humour and lack of serious intent intended in ProtoplasmicTravelers sentence, something pulled from far out left field, of a deep down the rabbit hole nature, I'd have thought a guy with your obvious high intellect would have picked up those subtle linguistic clues, if so why haarp on about them so much, playing to the gallery?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Has anybody thought to consult a genuine

Japanese translator instead of guessing ????

I agree with Proto that the info is "filtered" and directed as confusion for that very reason.

it keeps all of us guessing.

does anybody here speak Japanese ?

I saw some earlier posts (maybe on this thread) from a Japanese member !

let's find Him/Her !!!

edit on 23-3-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I could not find a genuine Japanese Translator, Wal-Mart only had Made in China models!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

reply to post by xuenchen

I could not find a genuine Japanese Translator, Wal-Mart only had Made in China models!

I know , ninja and sushi.
I think i might be the one your looking for

edit on 24-3-2011 by meathed because: they made me change it, You know who, we were just talking about them. be careful

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
as a matter of fact, I thought this robot would do the trick until I

discovered that He too, was Made in China !

www.theoldrobots.com...

I did however find these Japanese models:

www.neatstuff.net...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This just broke on CNN.

[ 4:44 a.m. Friday in Tokyo] The outlook is generally good for two workers at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, who were hospitalized after they stepped in contaminated water, experts said Thursday, provided they were promptly decontaminated.
Three workers were laying cables Wednesday in the basement of the turbine building for reactor no. 3 when they stepped into the water, Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano told reporters. It seeped into the ankle-height boots of two of the men, according to Tokyo Electric Power Company, which operates the plant. Those two men, one in his 30s and a second in his 20s, were taken to Fukushima Medical University Hospital, officials said. The third was not hospitalized, because his boots were higher and covered his skin, avoiding contact, according to Tokyo Electric.

[1:51 p.m. ET Thursday, 2:51 a.m. Friday in Tokyo] Low radiation levels have reached as far as Sweden, according to the Swedish Radiation Safety Authority. Leif Moberg, head of research for the authority, said there have been readings of radioactive iodine in Sweden, as expected, but the amount is "very low and it does not pose any health risk at all for humans or the environment."

link to source.

Why do I feel like I am being lied to constantly, and the MSM is now trying to slowly downplay the risks, while NEVER reporting on any of the dangers?

It is really hard not to be completely disgusted at the behavior of those who have the decision making power to effect a difference in this matter.

Bread and Circuses, I guess.

This is kind of like watching the Christians get thrown to the lions.
Only we are a step removed.
They can' be messing with us and our Christian Ethical Mind Programming too hard.

If we were to actually think about what was happening, then we might collectively get fed up with this load of crap-o-la.

Did you notice that the workers became ill after merely STEPPING in the ground water.

They didn't even ingest the water. They touched it and soon after needed to be hospitalized.
edit on 3/24/2011 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Yeah it's amazing, detectable radiation has nearly completely circum-navigated the earth now and they are still making it seem like it's no 'big deal'.

Anyone old enough to remember the withering critiques the Russians got during Chernobyl for not releasing 'more' information, even while undertaking a massive containment and cleanup campaign really should be scratching their head at the scarcity of real information from the Western Governments and the slow and lack luster response.

Something is definately wrong with this picture.

Thanks for posting that my friend.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
From what I have read, they will use boron to stop the fusion process, then they cover the material in sand and then cement.

Boron stops the flow of neutrons, and so can stop the fission process. Boron rods are what is used to control the fission process.

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

Apparently Japan has been mixing boron with the sea water, but somehow this hasn't been given any mainstream press. I wonder why?

www.koreatimes.co.kr...

Korea plans to transfer its reserve boron to Japan to help the country stabilize quake-damaged nuclear reactors that have started to release radioactive material, the government said Wednesday.

The Ministry of Knowledge Economy said that Tokyo has requested assistance of the key material vital for stopping fission nuclear reactions after its own stockpile has been largely used up at the Fukushima nuclear power plant.

Boron is the main material that goes into control rods used to halt or slow down fission reactions at nuclear reactors. Japan has mixed large amounts of boron with seawater and poured them into the reactors as an emergency measure.

From what I have read, they would inject boron to shut down the fission process, and then entomb the reactors, because even when the fission process has been shut down, the plant with remain radioactive for a long time, and continue to pollute the local environment.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

As much as I don't really like Michio Kaku, he was stating that we needed to do this like three days after it happened.

The only time that I had heard Boron mentioned in the MSM was when France supposedly sent 90+ some odd million? pounds of Boron to Japan.
(I am not sure about the number)

As we have pointed out many a time, it does not take a genius to figure out that the MSM is trying to shape public opinion on this issue.
I do not understand the nuts and bolts of this concept, but yet I can sit down on this computer and, along with a group of other dedicated people, we can collectively sift through the crap to find the truth.

And this is going to be very bad in the long term...

I don't understand why they couldn't have entombed them in Boron from the beginning?

Our collective search for the truth here at ATS was much more successful than the poor workers who essentially chose to give their lives for the greater good.
Whatever... That is a great coping mechanism, but the reality of it is that those workers are suffering because the people who are in charge were negligible and chose profits over safety and the cost of human lives.

They should be locked up in the stocks and let everyone get a good face slap, at the very least.

In all honesty though, sentence them to the very same ending that they gave to an untold number of their living and those still yet even to be born.

Weird genetic mutations and a slow painful death.

Let them swim in a pool of that toxic stuff.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Sorry if i have asked this before on this thread, but does anyone know what the ocean current flow charts for this month from fukushima Japan are.
Or can some one try to get a graph of it up.
Ive been trying on google, but i cant seem to find it.( Im probably to much of a meathed to work it out)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join