It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions the Skeptics, Media and Government(s) Can’t Answer.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Can anyone verify that the quake was staged, like looking at the graphs and so on ??

I know some dont pay much attention to spiritual channels, but I post it anyway, since this one has been out for many years and to me it gives sence. But here is a bit from march 12. :

[url=http://www.matthewbooks.com/mm/anmviewer.asp?a=131&z=2]

made on
March 12, 2011

1. With loving greetings from all souls at this station, this is Matthew. The earthquake off the coast of Japan, strategically positioned to cause the tsunami, was not Mother Nature’s doing. Her only involvement was the unavoidable initial movements of land and water after Illuminati scientists triggered the quake. Our space family was able to thwart their goal to level cities, flood the island and kill most of its inhabitants; however, harnessing the full force of the ocean is beyond the capability of their technology. Mother Nature isn’t causing the suspicious number of aftershocks, either, and it should be obvious to your seismologists and geologists that something is horribly awry.

2. The peak members of the Illuminati know that their economic empire is shattered, and before the last shreds of their once impenetrable global network are completely gone, they are trying to generate a mass of negativity through creating chaos, destruction and high death toll wherever they can. For all the devastation in the ocean’s path and the damaged nuclear power facility, compared to the Illuminati’s intent to utterly destroy Japan, it was a shallow win for them. There was minimal damage in Tokyo; the quake, aftershocks and tsunami released a large amount of negativity on the planet; off-planet technology is lessening the effects of radiation from the power station; and other civilizations are beaming intense light, adding to the outpouring of prayers for the Japanese people, whose resilience and resourcefulness and the assistance of other countries will restore that nation.

3. With the light continuing to intensify, the Illuminati’s unconscionable acts cannot much longer plague Earth. Just as you and we are seeing the undeniable evidence of massive shifts in the collective consciousness, so are they, and they know that this will end all darkness on the planet. The light in expanded consciousness has led long-oppressed peoples to raise their voices for freedom, and that cry will be echoed over and again until all peoples throughout your world are free.

4. Eventually hard-won victories will come in Libya, other countries in the Middle East and nations in Southeast Asia and Africa. In countries where political groups with different ideologies oppose each other without violence, extremist positions will give way to unified administrations that serve the needs of the masses rather than the greed of the elite. However, it would be folly to expect swift capitulation by tyrannical rulers or completely smooth transitions as the settling in of new national leaders will be amidst varying degrees of unrest and at different paces.

Ect ect...........

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
@ProtoplasmicTraveler:

Sure these are ‘just’ the roofs that once covered the containment vessels but if the containment vessels weren’t damaged how would pouring and spraying water on the containment vessels actually cool the fuel?

It won't - much. It might cool the containment vessel a bit. The main point of water dumping is likely to flood the spent fuel pools as much as possible instead of cooling the reactor itself.

Further the buildings have been rocked by explosions and fires, what are the chances of the wiring not having been damaged by them...how will they cool fuel where the containment vessels have obviously been badly damaged?

There are a couple of reasons. One, they'd like to flood the spent fuel pools. That is a big deal at this point. A really big deal. Especially the used MOX storage pools. This presupposes that the pumps are functional, that you can get water to them through the current state of the plumbing and valves with the control systems in pieces, and that the pools are still in shape to hold water if you do. Given a GE Mark I design, they may not even be marginally intact at this point.

The other thing is that they'd like to get a pump on the HPCS system, providing that the basic plumbing to the reactor vessel is still intact. You could get the thing under control with HPCS and nothing else, if it was.

Also the outer shield building is what you see in the photos. I'm not sure what the states of the reactor vessel or the various layers of containment are. You wouldn't need the reactor vessel to be totally intact for HPCS to work - it's like a bunch of shower heads. Sort of.

They tell us that the radiation being released quickly dissipates once you get away from the plant, yet American Ships have been withdrawn to 100 miles from the plant and Americans are being airlifted out of Japan now on chartered flights.

The maximal exposure level for radiation for active duty service members is pretty low. Navy is a bear about it, too, so this is a reaction to that. Not that it's not a good idea - there's no point being there if you don't have a good reason to be, which they don't.

#5: Clearly these plants are beyond repair, why aren’t they actively entombing them?

It would seem to me a plant rocked by explosions its structure and equipment exposed to high levels of radiation is not going to be back online next year.

You've still got reactors and spent fuel storage full of hot rods. Just pouring concrete on won't stop the interiors of the reactor vessels from melting down all the way and going right through your concrete. Not to mention that if you pour concrete on thermally hot reactor bits it tends to turn into crappy porous gravel with cement powder sauce. It's way easier to entomb if you have to once you've got it cooled down. And some of the plant may be salvageable, it's hard to say at this point.

They are saying no 'serious' breach of containment has occured, clearly that is a lie.

No, no, it's actually true. The truth is, what you're seeing so far are minor issues. Probably nothing more than aerosol rod material from fires in the spent fuel pool and venting from the reactor vessels, probably some of the rods in the vessels are on fire at this point. Just wait for a full-on vessel melt through, or those MOX rods in the spent fuel pool bursting into flames. That's when you'll see what "serious" means.

What are you basing your conclusions on? How many badly damaged reactors with 'partially' exposed cores have you worked on in the past? ...there IS NO EXCUSE for not having the materials and equipment readily stockpiled to do just that.

A graduate physics degree? Oh, and I used to work with nukes, the bangy sort, not the power producing ones, which I grant you are a bit different. And the Mark I HAS a number of backups for cooling the reactor vessel and fuel storage pools, not to mention borate sparging for the HPCS system to ruin the reactor if needed to get it under control, etc. However, the Mark I design is a bit lacking in dealing with this sort of thing - the spent fuel pools are above the reactor for one thing. Great for not having to move the rods much during a fuel changeout, not so great when your building goes "bang". Also, you're sort of f----d all around in a station blackout failure like this - no pumps, no controls, no nothing, you end up depending on the passive cooling until you can restore power. There are a number of fallback systems to station blackout but a Richter 9 earthquake followed by tsunamic flooding of your diesel bay apparently puts the quietus to that one.

FWIW, we got to 'observe' during fueling, start-up and fuel change in Mark III BWR's as 'background knowledge' for a project. It was fun - I've walked around in the normally sealed up bits of a reactor just like this before they put the lid on the reactor vessel, although BWRs are definitely not my specialty.

Which is a nice way of saying only some people will get sick in some ways by it.

Well, I'd expect any Japanese folk immediately downwind of the plant will take one for the team if you get a full-on breach or a MOX fire. Luckily, there's quite a distance from the east coast of Japan to the next target, by that time most of the 'heavy' particulates will fall in the ocean, and what you'll see "sweeping across the planet" will be the sort of light element thing that will require fairly sensitive instruments to detect. I'd skip the snow ice-cream next winter, though, at least for the first few heavy snowfalls.

Where the sea water is going is something I have wondered too, and clearly they aren't trucking it out of there or have any mechanism to collect it.

Some of it will evaporate. Some will end up back in the ocean. The rest will end up in the ground water near the plant.

Hey I don't know but I think this one works real good for this thread too.

I'm surprised the radio hasn't started pushing those really butt-awful 60s and 70s enviro-apocalypse songs.

Have you read the patents on HAARP when you aren't too busy watching...

You haven't either, if you've been reading the list o'crap that's posted as "HAARP patents" by Begich.

It really makes you wonder, we spend all these billions of dollars on Homeland Security, and you would think they would think wow, a nuclear power plant would be a number one target of terrorists...

Oddly, that's been thought of. There's a really sweet USAP in the southeast for training operators in breaching and defending nuke plants. Homeland Security's got nothing to do with it though.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
@Benevolent Heretic:

1. I believe there IS a serious breach at the plants. The "containment" buildings are completely blown up. There is NO containment.

The outer building isn't really part of the containment. A Mark I has several layers of it - the innermost one would be the reactor vessel. It's likely that the shield building is breached from the photos. You'd know if the reactor vessels were totally open.

How can a cooling system operate after it's been blown up?

The question is if you can get enough plumbing and valving to work to flood the spent fuel pools and run the HPCS system. And if the pools are still there. And not cracked open. Or if the spent fuel is lying around in heaps in the rubble. And when was the last refueling - which would tell you something about how hot some of the fuel can get.

@AmethystSD:

Last time I checked, radiation doesn't cause papercuts or hangnails.

You are irradiated all the time. We used to pitch scenarios where people covered tactical nukes in banana shipments. Unless you use a gamma ray spectrometer, you can't see the bomb, because bananas are slightly radioactive. (there goes a trade secret lol)

Let's say you live at sea level and average about 20K counts per day from background radiation. If the "cloud o' doom" reaches Oregon and that goes up to 20,100 counts for a month, it's not much of a difference.

Eventually you're going to start hearing the news bandy around "zero threshold linear models" vs hormetic models. The ZTLM folk (usually the no nuke crowd) will be talking about glowing Bambis and the hormetic bunch will be rolling their eyes.

@felonius:

That means that a general radius of 200 miles of ground zero is glowing.

Not even close at this point. Just that you can detect a higher-than-background level you can attribute to the plant. If it goes as bad as it could go, then you will start having a sort of teardrop shaped area near the plant that'll become really unhealthy to hang around in.

If the MOX fuel burns, then you'll get some bonus added lethality due to the chemical toxicity of the plutonium.

@goldenfleece:

But what makes HAARP unique is a patented ability to focus those transmissions to a single point in the sky, which magnifies this power X 1000 to create 3.6 billion watts of power.

It's not "a patented ability", that's what you call antenna gain from a phased array. And you don't create "3.6 billion Watts of power!!", you get an ERP of about 5 GW max. ERP is not radiated power. You can only get that high if you're doing a really oddball setup, though, because it requires you to run both dipoles and at the frequencies where the antennas are really efficient, which would be bizarre.

Tesla was also full of crap, especially later in life.

Does lightning have resonant frequencies...

"resonant frequencies" is one of those new-agey phrases that has bupkis for meaning.

@poet1b:

The problem here is that without the cooling water, the graphite rods aren't enough to shut down the process, and so without the cooling water, the fission process starts to run away...

Carbon is a moderator, so a graphite control rod wouldn't work. Most control rods are boron or hafnium or the like. The hotter the water in the reactor, the LOWER the reactivity - water doesn't moderate as well when hot - this provides negative feedback to the reaction and makes nuke plants possible, otherwise they'd be nearly impossible to control. Indeed, dumping cold seawater in could cause problems in itself, if you've got a situation where you're NEARLY critical, adding in cold water can start the reaction again.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

One of the things that concerns me in these troubled times is unbeknownst to most our daily lives are filled with various rituals, rituals that we take part in, even though we are not religious. Most consider these, which are most often just presented as societal constructs as habit, and how things are done, yet many, most of them are rooted in ritual and have deep ritualized meanings. In many ways we are being compelled to manifest a certain reality, at the present time a very bad one, where through media, government and religion, we are taught to and encouraged to look for unpleasant outcomes and as we dwell on them through our fears and base emotions we are in fact creating in mass, self fulfilling prophecies that actually serve the few, who drive and spin the events towards those angles and conclusions.

Well my dear friend, how long have we been told that everything will end in catastrophe for us and there is nothing we can do about it because it has been written and nothing can change it? When we are old enough to comprehend our place on this planet we've been taught what the outcome will actually be. We are told that it really is our fault because we are helplessly lost and this is just the way it is.

We go about our lives with that thought hanging over our heads. What is it that we are actually fomenting in our own lives willingly? We even pass it on to our children and are sure to make them absorb these ideas at a young age. Have you ever heard the term, set up for failure? I do not mean this on an individual scale but rather a collective scale. All of us.

There are people that I know right now that applaud the turmoil in the Middle East as something that has to come about and it is applauded because it is proof of what they've been told all of their lives. It brings them nearer to the peace and serenity that has been promised them. All the while turning a blind eye to what is happening because it is after all, divinely inspired chaos.

What if we were told just the opposite from the get go? That eventually we will learn that violence and hatred has no place in our world because our creator has made us capable of doing so. That eventually the attributes that our creator desires in us will be manifested because He has given us that ability. There is nothing written saying that we will destroy ourselves. What is written is that we will understand peace and love and have it manifested in and through us without all the destruction and violence.

Great post there my friend and you really had me thinking. I loved that Robert Plant video by the way!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

What if we were told from birth to go as far as we can with the gifts we have been given, just dont make others pay for your successes?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

#1: How can they say there is no serious breach of containment at the plants?

Let’s look at a few things here, the first and not the least is the fact that these buildings have suffered massive explosions to the point that the roofs are gone over many of the reactors.

Sure these are ‘just’ the roofs that once covered the containment vessels but if the containment vessels weren’t damaged how would pouring and spraying water on the containment vessels actually cool the fuel?

The super heated fuel would still be safely inside; none of the water would be getting to it.

If what they were saying is true, this would be like your car having an over heated radiator and you being able to ‘cool’ it by going through a carwash with the hood down over the radiator.

Clearly the containment vessels are compromised otherwise pouring water on them would be an utter waste of time.

I think the point of dropping/spraying the water on top is to help keep the spent fuel pools full. The inside of the reactors have had water pumped into them as best as possible without the normal cooling pumps online.

#2: They plan to restore power to the cooling systems by running outside lines to the main plant junctions?

If this were even possible massive generators could have been airlifted by helicopter to the plant within the first 24 to 48 hours.

Further the buildings have been rocked by explosions and fires, what are the chances of the wiring not having been damaged by them.

The new generators are on site and I think are the the outside lines the media have been talking about.
As for the other points in this question I would guess there would be some tests but they will not know for sure untill they try. The pumps not being in the same space as the explosion may have helped.

#3: They should be called heroes as they may ultimately have to sacrifice their lives?

We aren’t seeing much from the plant and certainly no one is giving statements from within it, and they have in the last 24 hours started assaulting the plant from the air.

Were the 50 workers evacuated when radiation levels became too high 48 hours ago, evacuated alive? It’s a horrible question to have to ask but I wouldn’t be able to rule out the possibility due to the lack of reporting on the ground at the facility and in conjunction with all the distortions and lies being reported that those 50 workers died, and an hour later another 180 were sent in to lay down their own to keep the show going.

They are not there to talk to the media, they are there to try and limit the amount of damage that this disaster is going to cause. Its not like they have been completely cut of, there was an article about a man who had contacted his family from inside the plant in one of the british newspapers last week.

#4: If no significant radiation has been released why is even the New York Times now reporting Radio Active Clouds that pose minimal health hazards will reach the California Coast by tomorrow?

One YouTube source already is claiming radio active clouds were detected in Bakersfield yesterday and what exactly is minimal health hazard? They tell us that the radiation being released quickly dissipates once you get away from the plant, yet American Ships have been withdrawn to 100 miles from the plant and Americans are being airlifted out of Japan now on chartered flights.

Because unfortunatly bad news sells papers so they are going to make it seem as bad as possible.
100 miles is not very far when you consider the thousands of miles it has to travel to get to the US.

#5: Clearly these plants are beyond repair, why aren’t they actively entombing them?

It would seem to me a plant rocked by explosions its structure and equipment exposed to high levels of radiation is not going to be back online next year.

Is this whole obscene series of lies and story telling just a way to cover up the fact that once again no one in government anywhere was prepared with the proper materials at their disposal to actually handle a disaster of this severity?

The corporations that run them have no logistical ability to quickly entomb them and the governments themselves have no ability either.

It is very likely that the reactors will be decomissioned but entombing them now would not stop a meltdown and the fuel would just melt down into the ground until it hits water and then BOOM!!! an even more unregulated amount of radiation is thrown into the atmosphere and would defenatly hit the US coast in dangerous amounts.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks for the excellent replies, I am surprised you didn't get more stars.

Everything you said makes perfect sense. It seems as if the water cannon approach has been effective enough to keep things under control to allow necessary repairs. From what you have said, I imagine the key is to provide enough water to keep the water supply adequate to cover the fuel rods but not too much, so that the water stays hot.

You would think that with current technology, we could send in remote controlled robots to deal with these emergencies, instead of men in very heavy suits with very little time to work.

Reports are that things are coming under control, and necessary repairs are under way. How accurate these reports are, is the bigger question.

From my understanding, there is a great deal of radiation, and that radiation will do a great deal of harm to the equipment in the plants themselves. How much longer before the equipment in the plant deteriorates to a point of being unusable. Are we talking days, months, years? Apparently this answer isn't found easily in a google search. What a surprise.

I wonder if they will have the time to take some samples of the effects of the radiation leaks on the overall structure and equipment in the plant.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Actually nothing has been repaired and the leak is just getting worse.

The situation in Libya has simply allowed the Main Stream News to more or less stop covering what's going on in Japan.

As I stated in my opening piece the Salt Water from the Sea has coroded all the internatl wiring and hooking up electricity to the plant did absolutely no good.

They are still desperately pouring water on the reactors, Number 1 and 2 have now gotten worse, and the are pretty much trying to figure out how to encase them all at this point, much like I also said in my opening piece.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

From what I can gather of the current situation, the problem is the radioactive steam now being released from the spent rod cooling chambers.

You are correct. They can't cool the rods down so they are just keep pouring the water on them in some bizarre "throw everything against the wall and hope something sticks" attempt.

The rods in the spent fuel chambers are at boiling currently; therefore, they continue to buildup steam inside.
So the only thing that can be done is to slowly release the steam into the atmosphere.
The reason that this is such a horrible solution is because of the half-life of the heat release on the spent rods.

They could very well be pouring water on the rods and slowly releasing radioactive steam into the air for the next 4.5 million years!!
edit on 3/22/2011 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I agree, from the beginning the news media has seemed to want to sweep this under the bed, and pretend all is well.

Little effort seems to be moving towards what to do should the pumps in the plant turn out to not be operational, and it seems that there is a high possibility that this will be the situation.

Here is a decent article from the BBC. It seems that U.S. news sources aren't all that into following up on this story, which in my opinion is far more important than the continuing drama of "How Libya Turns".

www.bbc.co.uk...

On Tuesday, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said that radiation was continuing to be emitted from the plant but it was difficult to pinpoint its exact source.

Senior official James Lyons said the IAEA and Japanese officials could not confirm that the damaged reactors were "totally intact" or if they were cracked and leaking radiation.

"We continue to see radiation coming from the site... and the question is where exactly is that coming from," Mr Lyons told a news conference.

AND if the reactors are cracked, then what?

Have they even inspected the pump rooms?

Why haven't they tried using remote controlled cars to carry cameras and other instrumentation into the plant? Does the nature of the plant prevent them from using any type of wireless communications? If so, feed in a wire using a multitude of droids.

I don't see the resources being applied for this critical situation.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

One of the articles today made it clear that the workers on site are working outside the plant and not inside the plant.

So there really is no one inside the plant, presumably the reactors are too hot and the radiation levels too high for that, and they have been hoping (likely against hope) that if they can restore power to the cooling systems and get them functioning that they can get inside for a closer look.

So far it hasn't worked out that way, and they will end up having to try to figure out if it's worth the risk to electricians to try to rerun the damaged wire into the plant and or install new cooling systems for what are in essence reactors that they haven't gotten a close look at in days.

This is a very bad situation and the Radiation has already circumnavigated the planet, and this puppy is a long, long way from being shut down or contained.

It is in essence for some reason being ignored while the media focuses on the situation in Libya as a diversion from the events in Japan.

People like Bedlam are in essence the same kind of people who at the very onset of this crisis said there is nothing to worry about, but when you are having to use fire hoses on something 2 weeks after the fact and can't even get close physically to the problem, obviously there is something to worry about, and they really don't have an easy way or perhaps anyway to get it under control.

Time will tell my friend, patience they say is a virtue.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Well, you can first kiss any complex control equipment goodbye, which includes the computers. You can most merrily run a Mark III without one, which was a fortuitous bit of foresight I guess. All of the controls and most of the displays will be ok from radiation damage, although who knows what it looks like in there due to blast damage and salt water soaking.

Mark III's use relay logic in the controls and most of the displays, which is impervious to radiation. Semiconductors will be getting flaky by now. You'll eventually get degradation in the wiring insulation, if it gets "hot" enough.

edit: in order to get any of this hooked up and the first round of "cleanup" completed so that you can go in there and still have kids, they're going to have to select a few hundred people to take one for the team. Robots won't get the job done - they can assist but when the footing gets tough, robots don't do so well, and they tend to crap out in high radiation environments that a human worker could survive for, I dunno, maybe 10-15 hours before being too sick to work ever again for the next few days of what's left of their lives.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by poet1b

As I stated in my opening piece the Salt Water from the Sea has coroded all the internatl wiring and hooking up electricity to the plant did absolutely no good.

After all the blowing up, in combination with the salt water baths, you can pretty much bet that the control systems are shot. You *might* be able to get the pumps to work if you wired them up directly, depending on how much damage they took. You *could* use your newly-available power to run some pumps that you brought in and hooked to the plumbing, if the plumbing's intact and you can reach the valves you'd need to get to.

If you had some aux pumps and the plumbing/valving was ok, you could maybe pull it off.

But.

There's a rub. You're going to have to send people in there to assess the current situation, people that are going to have to worm their way into the wreckage at the outside, get access to the inside, and clamber around all inside the system outside the reactor to see what they need to see. A Mark III is huge and spread out and three dimensional to the extreme - you have to climb all over the place to get where you're going when they're intact, if you want access to the lesser-used bits, especially. I can't imagine what it's like in there now, and Mark I's are probably just like that. Those folks will be short-lived.

The next bunch will have to make their merry way into the thing with pumps, some heavy supply wiring, welding rigs and lots o' tools. They won't make it either.

I'd say it'll end up being the "Fukushima 250" by the time it's over. Maybe the "500".

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

People like Bedlam are in essence the same kind of people...

Oddly enough, I don't see where I was particularly positive about the situation, just that I don't ascribe to the Chicken Little fallout/death zone stories. It's not going to be pretty. It'll be less so if the MOX gets going. However, just running in and dumping concrete on is likely not the proper response at this point. It's not a magic fix that makes it all didn't happen, especially when the thing's still hot.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by JimIrie

I never really started thinking to much about this situation in a rational way ...

You should have stopped your post right there... and it would have been perfect.

reply to post by JimIrie

Some of them like (Anderson Cooper) are now starting to angrily question things, but the truth is we are just flat out being lied to and as usual treated like a bunch of brain dead idiots where if they give us the talking points they want us to argue we will limit the argument more or less around them.

The bottom line is, most of the people on this earth, ARE brain dead idiots. So is the press and the government. There is no big conspiracy. They are as brain dead as you ....

They are not lieing to you, just like you are not lieing to me. You believe what you say. They believe what they say. They are just doing what they can, in their situation.

What is idiotic, is how people think they would do something different in their position, when they have no clue what the other persons perspective is at all. Its fun to speculate. But you sound like you have little knowledge of their present situation.

No one is lieing to you. You put the emphasis on someone else to tell you what the world is? You are not seeking the right information, that is the key.

Not the other way around.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You are basically describing what I have been saying all along.

Robotics, or more accurately the best choice for this situation, droids, can only do so much. They would be best for monitoring and observation of the situation.

Workers in place will be more effective, but with the large suits they must wear, not a great deal more effective.

The answer is to plan for what must be done, introduce specifically designed tools to enable progress to move forward. This will require a great deal of resources, and a very large offsite team doing everything possible to assist those who wind up going in to do the critical work.

This is why the current world response is underwhelming, and frankly irresponsible. The people who make huge money on this stuff should be bucking up and contributing.

Saying a bunch of anonymous people are going to have to suck it up isn't enough, and isn't going to work.

It seems that we are only getting sugar coated news, when the reality is that hour after hour the situation gets worse, and more dire.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ghpink

Well amazingly enough yes, we are being lied to about the situation in Japan and your attempts to deminish and belittle aside, the workers had to be ecacuated from the plant again today as black smoke again billows from Reactor 3.

Radiation levels are on the rise in Tokyo water, described now as 'High", Tokyo is 250 KM away and they are now advising children now not drink the tap water in Tokyo.

Many of the reporters are starting to ask more and more critical questions along the lines of my opening posts.

I can't quite imagine how you imagine bandying about a few childesh insults and blanket denials does anything to add anything of substance or clarity to this grave situation.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

This point is an excellent example of reasoning.

Radiation levels are on the rise in Tokyo water, described now as 'High", Tokyo is 250 KM away and they are now advising children now not drink the tap water in Tokyo.

This is an important identifier of how bad this situation is. If this is already effecting Tokyo's water, than the contamination is greater than the press seems capable of reporting. If we look at the snails pace of what they are describing as progress is unfolding, then they are losing the battle, big time, and need more help and more resources.

The news coming out is little to nothing.

www.un.org...

“Reactors one to three remain of concern, particularly unit two. We have not received validated information for some time related to the containment integrity of unit one so we are concerned that we do not know its exact status,” he said, adding that no information is available for the spent fuel pool of unit one and the agency still lacks data on water levels and temperatures in the spent fuel pools at units one, three and four.

As the saying goes, where there is smoke, there is fire. Black smoke coming out of reactor 3 means something is burning.

The news media wants to act like the worst is over, but all indications are that things will get far worse.

We should be hearing reports about how the world's top nuclear plant design experts, and nuclear scientist, are being gathered, along with teams engineers to deal with this grave situation. This is what we should be hearing.

If the world's billionaire want to do something to help the planet, this would be the cause to jump on.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Here is another telling story that just got a blurp. To date 25 foreign embassies in Tokyo have closed and either had their missions leave the country or relocated well south of Tokyo itself.

So you have to ask, why they are taking resolute actions like that if there is nothing to worry about or fear?

These aren't 25 conspiracy theorists on ATS fear mongering, these are 25 sovereign nations who don't want to expose their diplomats and personnel to the dangers that clearly must exist or could easily possibly exist by evacauating them.

We were told last Friday that they hoped to restore power by the weekend and that the situation would soon be under control after that.

Here it is Wednesday and they are evacuating the plant due to fresh fires and toxic smoke.

Doesn't seem like it's rapidly coming under control to me.

How about you my friend?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Workers in place will be more effective, but with the large suits they must wear, not a great deal more effective.

Most suits basically keep you from inhaling particulates, or carrying them out on your skin and hair.

They don't do much of anything to stop radiation, despite the perception that they're "radiation suits". "Anti-contamination suits" would be closer.

Even decked out in RST's finest Demron duds, which actually do attenuate low energy gammas and betas, you're gonna eat a dose of gamma and neutron flux. I guess if it keeps you working twice as long before you die, it'd be worth it.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join