It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I would switch between these two weapons;

2nd

edit on 3/17/2011 by Ihsahn because: wrong image

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I just so happen to own a hand forged, tempered, folded, (made from Tamahagane) katana. And being trained in Kenjutsu, it would undoubtedly be my go to weapon. Fast rate of attack/slash. Good reach, superb cutting power. No reload or ammo supply like a gun. (Though supplementing with a gun for long range is an option). And it can easily cute a human body in two or (advised) remove the head, in a clean cut.

This is her, well specifically the hilt and part of the blade, but I don't have a better picture right now.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
How many Zombie threads does ATS need?

I don't see many zombie threads on ATS, so this is a welcome reprieve from day to day real horror (such as Japan).

Personally, anything that gives me distance and is lethal. So it has to be a gun or rifle. I think people's answers will greatly depend on what country they're from. UK people are going to have a hard time getting a hold of guns, while here in the US it won't be difficult at all.

But like I said... distance is king. I never could understand how in 28 Days Later, the main female character used a machete to kill. That just invites close and personal contact in addition to infected blood flying everywhere!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
My weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse is
a Samurai sword

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Duh rocket launcher. And I would call her Mandy. Hey mandy wanna go blow up some zombies? yeah I know ya do.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Stealth.

Yes, that can be a weapon.

I would use the supplies I have in my house to wait things out for a while. Dead bodies will rot after so long, and I have enough here for several years.

Barricading the publicly accessable door and windows would prevent incursions, and the roof of my house will provide a great space for growing additional food and collecting water (it does not need to be set up, I am already doingt this). A flat roof has its advantages, especially when the drainage system is rigged to direct all excess water to a holding tank.

If push came to shove, I would use my longbow. Practically, a bow of some kind is best for avoiding other undead being drawn by the noise of weapons. Failing that a machette or other kind of large blade.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Double samurai swords sounds like the way to go, but I might just use psychokinesis to spilt the horde into a billion one-celled organisms.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
packets of fire ants
2nd

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Well... I keep hearing about the katana, which unless you have one custom made is only about 30 inches of sharp mate, less than three feet of sharp edge to work with.

However, a nice 11th century Crusader's sword is a weapon to be proud of - light enough to wield all day long, pointy enough to do some precise work, and with a strong enough blade to cleave heavy bone without bending excessively or breaking.

So, this is my primary weapon.

I will back this up with a 3.5 lb axe. If I can split mesquite with it reliably, then I can kill zombies with it.

Beyond that, I lift weights and run a lot. Cardio is rule 1. Rule 18 is Limber Up.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
realistically speaking I would use some of these

and some of these

and to finish it all off I would like to use this

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Been gone a good while..interesting thread..

I guess the same stuff I have around here for any other unwanted pests. Lots of firearms. I have about 30 in the safe. I'm sure something would work out OK. a decent 7.62x39 and a 23 gauge though and about anything fall over.

And any self respecting gun nut always has a pretty good pile of ammo and spare mags

edit on 3/17/2011 by DrumJunkie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well, I'd have to say my 12 gauge sawed-off shotgun, and my katana... Also have a .22 bolt action... but really i think that its damage would be quite trivial in a situation like this...
But in reality, i have a built in weapon... or more of a defense rather... i live just down the street from an old age home, and most of my community are old retired folk... so as they say... if your camping... and a bear attacks... You don't have to be the fastest.... Just don't be he last... And i'm quite sure i could stay pretty close to the front of the pack with all those old people hobbling along behind me...hahaha

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Okay, I was savin' the best for last. The ultimate weapon in ANY SITUATION, not only a Zombie Apocaplypse is....

--wait for it!!!!--

CHARLIE SHEEN. Tiger Blood! They don't stand a chance...! #Winning! ...Duh!

Charlie Sheen would be my weapon. And therefore, I will be supremely victorious.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
A stick, some water, ramen noodles, vicodin, lighter, a bottle of makers mark, and good cardio.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
reply to post by nerbot

LMAO dam where can i get me one of those? does Wal-Mart have them in stock?? lol

Your friendly local Evil Genius Mad Scientist type should have a fair stock on hand. If he's not got it in stock, he should be able to whip one up out of spare parts he has laying around.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420

Originally posted by randomname
cat food. i'll leave a tin a cat food in a giant ditch i have pre dug, and when they all pile in i'll spray the hole with gasoline and light them on fire.

cat food? lol like the aliens on District 9? im not sure if zombies would be into catfood lol

If he replaces the cat food with cat BRAINS I think we may have a winner!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Flame thrower

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
best weapon against zombies......

cardio....run away. Move to freezing climate where the zombies will freeze solid. Get a large boat filled with supplies and shove off to sea. No need to fight a zombie hoard.

The freezing climate won't work - watch "Winter of the Dead".

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I got to agree with the AA-12, if not that then my Mossberg 500, with my 40 cal Glock 22 as a back up.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I'd get my hands on some nightvision goggles instantly. You will need this.
also shoes that don't make noise when you walk.
my only chance for obtaining a firearm is by finding one, until then it's pure instinct and jeet kune do and my hockey stick with no blade and a sharpened end (i'm canadian)

I think this guy puts it best:
"12. RE: the zombie analogy
Feb 19 2011, 3:33 PM EST -
Honestly, I don't think zombies are coming. It would be interesting, but very doubtful. I think it will be social collapse. Not on a local scale, but likely a global scale.

That being said, about 80% of what we "jokingly" plot, and plan, and discuss for zombies is exactly the same as most anything that may happen that is survivable in any sense.

"Zombie" is easier on my mind to prepare for than "my neighbor", or "my pharmacist", or "my local National Guard". Nothing more, nothing less. If they come I'm covered, if it's something else I'm covered... if it's nothing at all, then I've had something to occupy my time."

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join