It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun just went into overdrive! 17-3-11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I was observing the X-ray monitors for the sun, and was amazed by what I saw.
In over four years of monitoring, i've never seen anything like this.

The graph just stopped spiking!

It is now a stable line in the C-class flare range.
Well what this all basically means is that instead of the occasional spike in energy,
the sun is throwing CONSTANT C-class flare energy directed onto a point in space!

If we are in the path of such a energy beam, we'd get fried!

There was someone who mentioned the satilite eclipses, involving possible data dropouts.
When an eclipse occurs, we get a data DROPOUT,
that means we get NO data at all! This is COMPLETELY different!

Yes, flares can last for days, but this one stabilizes like no other! The line is almost completely flat!

If it is the WHOLE sun is sending this out 360 degrees then we will be in SERIOUS trouble!

The GOES X-ray flux plots contain 1 and 5 minute averages of solar X-rays in the 1-8 Angstrom (0.1-0.8 nm) and 0.5-4.0 Angstrom (0.05-0.4 nm) passbands.

Red is for 0.8 nm and blue for 0.4 :-)

The GOES X-ray Flux 3-day plot contains 5 minute averages of solar X-ray output.

The GOES X-ray flux 6-day plot contains 1 minute averages of solar X-rays

What is happening?!
edit on 16-3-2011 by PureET because: cleanup

edit on 16-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't understand the graphs could you explain.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Interesting, i don't have a clue. I'm not one for all things solar but keep me up to date because if somethings happening i wanna know

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeyman03

What we see here is basically the energy output of the sun in Watts m-2.

Second line.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just lookin there a couple of minutes ago and i happend upon this sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
sorry don't know how to copy and paste images or anything yet, still new at all this.
but yet another square cut out....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
while the xray does scare me a bit, why do the other graphs show hardly any movement?? (Ireally dont understand I am kind of dumb when it comes to this!)

www.n3kl.org...

link to noaa site
edit on 16-3-2011 by hope4better because: added link

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I too have no idea what you are talking about...

... but I really want to know what you mean as you appear to know what you are talking about and seem excited/worried about what you have witnessed

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyHotspurs
Interesting, i don't have a clue. I'm not one for all things solar but keep me up to date because if somethings happening i wanna know

I'm also grasping.. I'll post back here if I find anything else.. It just happened a hour or two ago so it's VERY fresh!

Nothing on spaceweather.com yet.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I am presuming that the blue line is the average and the red line is the Sun's current state over the past 6 days.. is that right?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Is the sun flat-lining?? This is weird.

Is the sun about to die?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PureET

But is the difference big, is there a problem with the sun. Because I reed somewhere it was part of a cycle. What do you think.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
I am presuming that the blue line is the average and the red line is the Sun's current state over the past 6 days.. is that right?

That is incorrect,

The GOES X-ray flux plots contain 1 and 5 minute averages of solar X-rays in the 1-8 Angstrom (0.1-0.8 nm) and 0.5-4.0 Angstrom (0.05-0.4 nm) passbands.

Red is for 0.8 nm and blue for 0.4 :-)

edit on 16-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
According to spaceweather.com sunspot AR1169 (the one that was producing the huge X-flares we have been seeing) is no longer pointed directly at us anymore.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I also dont have a clue as to what this might mean for us. Anyone out there who can explain this event in terms that will make sense to the lay person?

Are we looking at possible solar storms that might shut down power for instance? or just increased radiation? Or none of the above? Or this solar activity will make purple dinosaurs sing sappy songs?

Its an intriguing graph, but......................meaningless if someone doesnt explain what we are seeing in terms even the inept can understand.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PureET

Yup, noticed this also. I usually watch for spikes and over 6 months, have not noticed this curve. What is this?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PureET

That's a very strange curve on the graph....I've never seen it do that before...
I will keep an eye on it!

Thanks for posting!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yea...The place I have been watching the sun has stopped putting out info since the 14th...Here is there link:www2.nict.go.jp...

Guess they may have been told to, who knows why they aren't broadcasting now.....But, I would say to really watch out for the 19th-20th ....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Precisely what I was thinking... though I'd like to think if it was anything like that it would be a process of thousands of years rather than just a few.

Does anyone have a recent photograph of the sun?
Can't help but wonder if it looks any different.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Is it getting quiet before the storm?

Or, more than likely it is completely normal.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

hehe maybe its a Sine

sorry couldnt resist

funbox

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join