It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun just went into overdrive! 17-3-11

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well what this all basically means is that instead of the occasional spike in energy,

the sun is throwing CONSTANT C-class flare energy directed onto a point in space!

If we are in the path of such a energy beam, we'd get fried!

If it is the WHOLE sun sending out 360 degrees then we will be in SERIOUS trouble!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ifoundtheanswers
Just lookin there a couple of minutes ago and i happend upon this sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
sorry don't know how to copy and paste images or anything yet, still new at all this.
but yet another square cut out....

Are there more images with a section blacked out? I found that really odd, especially because it looks like someone used Paint to alter it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
can anyone explain the graph and possible outcome as to why the graph isnt giving a correct reading? ideally the person that started the thread as hes been studying this for quite a while by the looks of it!

thanks

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I would hardly call a c class flare 'overdrive'.

Second

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DantesPeak
I would hardly call a c class flare 'overdrive'.

Second

This is not a flare, it's constant!
edit on 16-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by DantesPeak

If you go to this link www.swpc.noaa.gov... there is one alert and one warning. Can anyone interpret them?

link   
reply to post by Dendro

there are more, would involve a little digging through their photos but ive seen posts on ats about it within the last month ill say. so mabye try and even search on here.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PureET

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81becf17e38c.jpg[/atsimg]
www.solarham.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalIntegrity

It looks like they already knew that it happened and were put on alert to watch for storms over the next two days. It is claiming that so far no storms have been observed or detected and they will continue monitoring for the next 24 hours to see if any are stirring.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

says

Some data dropouts will occur during satellite eclipses.

so I'm guessing that this:

www.spaceweather.com...

It must be spring. This is the time of year when the sun, Earth, and NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory in geosynchronous orbit can line up for spectacular sun-Earth eclipses. Only around equinoxes does this phenomenon occur. SDO took this picture of the sun partially blocked by our own planet on March 13th: Every day from now until April 2, 2011, there will be a short break in the data flow as the Earth moves between SDO and the sun. The length of an eclipse can be as long as 72 minutes and they happen at about midnight at the SDO ground station in Las Cruces, NM (0700 UT). Never before has missing data looked so good.

Has something to do with it..

I don't know for sure, though - just putting 2 and 2 together...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Yea...The place I have been watching the sun has stopped putting out info since the 14th...Here is there link:www2.nict.go.jp...

Maybe since it website is based in Japan they might be having problems updating there site.... or

could be that the site was blocked by military see Here

Just a thought or two
edit on 16-3-2011 by hope4better because: add quote

link   
Here's an explanation of the graph for those asking:

spaceweather.com...

As for the curve, it could be a satellite glitch as I can't recall seeing it like that before but as seen in the above link the sun can push out a constant stream of X-ray flux for days.

link   
Never in over four years of monitoring have I witnessed something like this!

Who can explain this?!

I'm getting anxious! I can't find ANYTHING on this!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ifoundtheanswers

That black square is crazy!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

I was not going to mention it.

But I wonder what NASA is hiding behind that block.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
I was observing the X-ray monitors for the sun, and was amazed by what I saw.
In over four years of monitoring, i've never seen anything like this.

The graph just stopped spiking!

It is now a stable line in the C-class flare range.
Well what this all basically means is that instead of the occasional spike in energy,
the sun is throwing CONSTANT C-class flare energy directed onto a point in space!

If we are in the path of such a energy beam, we'd get fried!

If it is the WHOLE sun is sending this out 360 degrees then we will be in SERIOUS trouble!

The GOES X-ray flux plots contain 1 and 5 minute averages of solar X-rays in the 1-8 Angstrom (0.1-0.8 nm) and 0.5-4.0 Angstrom (0.05-0.4 nm) passbands.

Red is for 0.8 nm and blue for 0.4 :-)

The GOES X-ray Flux 3-day plot contains 5 minute averages of solar X-ray output.

The GOES X-ray flux 6-day plot contains 1 minute averages of solar X-rays

What is happening?!
edit on 16-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

C-Flares???? For God Sake, that's the minimum. Our problem is the top M-Flares and the X-Flares (maximum). In the last days the sun as been quiet. Don't panic for nothing!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

When an eclipse occurs, we get a data DROPOUT, that means we get NO data at all!

This is COMPLETELY different ;-)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You know, usually it situations like this someone pops up and says, " Don't be stupid, it's NORMAL! "

I wish that same person would drop by and post now.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well, I guess we have several earthquake people and zero solar experts. :/

I appreciate the person who posted the link to the explanation about flares, that helped a little, but the graph there didnt look anything like this solar "constant."

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
WTF is going on, i never seen that before????? crazy. It has to be a glich! i know they had a glich the other day saying there was a x20 flare and they retracted it.

Or the sun kicking it up a notch, lets hope not. It looks like its slowly going down

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join