It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two 5.0 quakes hit off Coast of Japan - 10 minutes apart!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Two 5.0 quakes hit one near the Izu Islands at 18:23 and the other off the east coast of Japan at 18:12:59!

I hope these are not foreshocks, some strange quakes in Quebec, LA, Dominican Rep & Russia ... very strange day!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You need to provide links, please.

I'm not sure this warrants another separate thread either - why couldn't you have just posted this in an existing thread?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I would have to agree that this probably doesn't require a new thread. They've been hit with quakes constantly if you look, many less than 10 minutes apart and some larger than 5.0, so I'm not entirely sure why these 2 would be more significant.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

5.0 Izu Islands

5.0 of Japanese Coast

I think this was a significant enough event to post seperately, so it would not get lost in the "noise" of the regular earthquake thread. IMHO.

link   
There was an earthquake in Canada and at the same moment in Arkansas there was a 1.9 and then there was just a 2.5 in Arkansas too.

link   
Let's just assume Japan is going to receive dozens of 5.0 earthquake aftershocks and maybe a few 6.0's too. We don't need a new thread for anything less than 7.0, IMO.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Another 2.5 in Arkansas! That was like two minutes apart that time.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I find this very interesting myself. I have also noticed that there has been some strange earth quakes showing up around the world, places that are not very active have been popping up all year. i think it is very important that we pay attention to events like this as it is very easy for them to get over looked with everthing going on in Japan.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962
reply to post by harrytuttle

5.0 Izu Islands

5.0 of Japanese Coast

I think this was a significant enough event to post seperately, so it would not get lost in the "noise" of the regular earthquake thread. IMHO.

Do you have any idea how many aftershocks there have been since the "big one" struck? And how powerful some of them have been? These two are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Well, that's opinion and I respect that, but the two quakes are unusally and so is the rest of the seismic activity happening today. It may or may not be related to what is going on in Japan. Remember Japan is being slow drawn into a subduction fault that will be it's demise in the far far future . . . I hope!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Let's just assume Japan is going to receive dozens of 5.0 earthquake aftershocks and maybe a few 6.0's too. We don't need a new thread for anything less than 7.0, IMO.

Dozens? How about 100's? I have been watching this site
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

I have seen at least 300 quakes in japan since it happened.

new topics

top topics

join