It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS spelling HIGH HORSE CLUB

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
In a world where kids rght whta the way they text peole continuously try and rebut me by correcting my spelling if that is what weve come to just bickkering then what s the point its not a correction when u say i m stupid cause i spell wrong then good for u i can spell fine and better yet my computer does it for me but i really didnt think it would be an angle that these SUPER intellectuals held against me after all this is a n online coomunnity and notice iv spelled some BIG words write and small ones wrong i hope this doesnt goe to BTS because it is a very real issue here on ATS as well

Thanks MODS for baring with me on hti s one

Be Well
Triple

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This isn't an attack - it's just that since the way we communicate over these boards is through the written word, it's hard to have a conversation with someone, and understand their ideas, if you can't read what they're saying properly.

Though no one should be calling you stupid. Just because you aren't the best speller or the best at grammar, doesn't mean you aren't intelligent.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

I swear now your just trying to spell things wrong. LOL. I'm a fan of spell check myself but it doesn't bother me any, carry on soldier.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I won't even read this if it's some lame excuse to not be able to write properly. Since I have been online (approx 911) I have had my spelling sense shredded by reading poorly written thoughts. It gets to the point at which you can no longer tell the difference between 'affect' and 'effect'. It is people like YOU who add to the world's inability to communicate properly. Get off your lazy ass and learn how to spell before posting misinformation that spreads like radiation, affecting us ALL.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

In a world where kids write the way they text, people continuously try and rebut me by correcting my spelling. If that is what we have come to, just bickering, then what is the point? It's not a correction when u say I'm stupid because I spell wrong. Good for you, I can spell fine and better, yet my computer does it for me, but I really didn't think it would be an angle that these SUPER intellectuals would hold against me, after all this is an online community and notice I have spelled some BIG words right and small ones wrong. I hope this doesn't go to BTS because it is a very real issue here on ATS as well.

Thanks MODS for bearing with me on this one.

Be Well,
Triple

You're welcome.

edit on 16-3-2011 by boncho because: +additional errors

edit on 16-3-2011 by boncho because: +found another one

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalIntegrity

lol i speelld wrong on purpose as stated by me many times just to see what the temp of the water is ..

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Do you know how to spell "troll"?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

really when u text r u perfect this is NO different but you are oblivious to that maybe you should check your old spelling tests were u perfect does that mean i and everyone should ignore u or worse say u are stupid or not worth the time i wouldnt wana have a convo with ayone looking for flaws rather then facts u r what ur r .

i guess it iz what u r

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Your location is claimed as being America; how long have you been here?

How greatly has our educational system failed you?

Take a few extra seconds to proof-read and spell check and you'll stop seeing people on what you call a high horse.

Or, if you're doing it all on purpose, you could simply stop being an ass.
edit on 3/16/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

the plane has flown clear over head do you see the cONTRAILS LOL SORRY THIS IS A TUFF ONE FOR THOSE WHO ARE PERFECT SPELLERS LIKE YOURSELF.

THe bibkering grammar is just another excuse for people to pat there ownselves on the back if not one thing(spelling) its some other trivial dribble no discussion happening just button pushing that IS my point read carfeully

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I thank you for the chance to vent. I could of skipped right over it but I really like this cite, allot.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Having read other posts by the OP and then this spelling thread, I have to say "Troll" is really what we are dealing with here. He even admits he's trying to get a rise from us by deliberately spelling wrong to test the waters.

As the sign often says, "Don't feed the trolls."

Or they'll spell at you!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Hey, its not an issue, it could be far worse.

Some people even speak and sing in a language that I can only describe as spell-fail as well...

edit on 16-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

you are the first to get my point it is scary we all communicate in this new inferior language i am guilty most are and thos e who arent well they aint perfect thats for sure but my point was this new way of writing and speaking is infectious at best star for u lol

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
reply to post by XXXN3O

you are the first to get my point it is scary we all communicate in this new inferior language i am guilty most are and thos e who arent well they aint perfect thats for sure but my point was this new way of writing and speaking is infectious at best star for u lol

Your justification for using "nuspeak" is that those that don't aren't perfect? Maybe we could all try and improve our language skills and quash the ignorance menace before we're all living in Idiocracy.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I agree that the people who attack spelling need an ass kicking. I often mispell stuff, not because I am stupid, but because I have fat fingers and am too lazy to always check stuff. sio condemn me for being lazy but stay away from the spelling.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

funny movie if u havnt seen we are on our way there give us a few years george foremean will be president and larry sanders the secretary of defense

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I propose to all that one day we will all speak and write in "OMG! lol comptr lingo and phone-et-tiks without capi-tolls" either. Scary, huh?

To lose the eloquence of the finer points of language, terminology and expression, would be sad. But I believe in say 20 yrs or so, we will all write and sound like aliens with short, abbreviated, symbols, ticks and grunts in one long sentence into a paragraph with no discernible punctuation or grammatically correct structures.

Its happening already....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

true story a sad true true story

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join