It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS spelling HIGH HORSE CLUB

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

i claim but am proly not as intelligent lol i am simply not that cool

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

well i guees that was smart but not my oint lol
peace
Be Well
Triple

MIND THE PLUME ITS ON THE WAY

i give u a golden noodle i mean star NOOMBER 2

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Evaux

Iam not the best speller in the world and yes i use the tool to correct my spelling BUT colour or color ? socks or sox American spelling is inbuilt into all computers who is right poor me i do a double take every time i write a comment its so confusing to us out here in the world . I just added a full stop , or was that a period ?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
reply to post by ImmortalIntegrity

lol i speelld wrong on purpose as stated by me many times just to see what the temp of the water is ..

Good for you, have a golden star... *places golden star sticker on your school shirt collar*

Keep at it little feller, you'll get there eventually.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

reply to post by starless and bible black

really when u text r u perfect this is NO different but you are oblivious to that maybe you should check your old spelling tests were u perfect does that mean i and everyone should ignore u or worse say u are stupid or not worth the time i wouldnt wana have a convo with ayone looking for flaws rather then facts u r what ur r .

i guess it iz what u r

This is not a mobile phone or a live chat forum. It is a forum where people speak English as per the T&C.

I cannot even comprehend what you're trying to say in this post.

If you are still in school, I'd change schools. If you have left school, god help you....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

my point was this new way of writing and speaking is infectious

Umm, so is herpes... But I'm sure you don't try and show as many people as possible that you have it.

then again...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Hefficide

true thats why i would rather be wrong then fake right on

Or perhaps you could educate yourself on something as fundamental as speaking coherently. I get the impression you ramble in real life too with no pauses.

I think that would be a start.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Compulsory adherence to an exacting and structured process of communication is, by its very definition, a stifling of the creative mind and a repression of honest expression.

Soz spelz howe evar u wunt. Juz sey sumthink meeningfewl win u dew.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
i misspell words and names on purpose. this way, i can always claim i did not mean that person or group.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WrathShadow

Thanks... I burned up about 12,000 brain cells interpreting that. And my budget, for today, was 600 brain cells max. Now I am going to have to spend 4 days, in my 80's stupid thanks to you.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WrathShadow

Compulsory adherence to an exacting and structured process of communication is, by its very definition, a stifling of the creative mind and a repression of honest expression.

Soz spelz howe evar u wunt. Juz sey sumthink meeningfewl win u dew.

Coherency is the key to expressing ideas. It helps to remove inaccurate information and to better relay concepts. If a transmitter is broken and only transmits every 5'th word and you make up the other 4 in a sentence, you end up with something completely different to what the message being sent was supposed to relay.

The poor OP has made a number of threads where no one had any clue as to what the hell he was talking about. He even had a few removed because he was so irate at being incapable of expressing his thoughts clearly and resorted to swearing - perhaps thinking it would better express his fears of a repeat trunoble.

Then gets antsy and makes this pointless thread

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It's one thing to make a mistake or spell something wrong normally one can figure out what your saying using context same for grammar...but when the whole post is written poorly I end up having to read it 5 times to understand it. Consequently I skip those so if you want to be heard I suggest you try to make it readable to most of us or you'l;l get skipped just like half of what you've written in here cause I am not going to try really hard to figure out what you or anyone else is trying to say. It's up to you to make it clear. I'll pass you the NO GRAMMAR HIGH HORSE!

And yes in the T&C it clearly says that shorthand and text message grammar is not allowed get over it...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

I generally like to scan when I read. Unless it is something very complex and important. So usually If I come across something that is badly misspelled to the point that I can't scan it, chances are that I skip it completely. It can't be that important. You dig?

The next lesson is punctuation.

(I know. I'm not perfect either. At least I care somewhat.)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I hear what you're sayin'. I guess my overall point is that, if I had my druthers, I'd rather read a good post with poor spelling, than a poor post with perfect spelling. It's like finding that kind of chubby girl who is an awesome person versus finding the super model who is Satan incarnate.

Adding: Not that there is anything wrong with Satan incarnate, before haters come a' hatin'.
edit on 3/17/11 by WrathShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WrathShadow
reply to post by badw0lf

I hear what you're sayin'. I guess my overall point is that, if I had my druthers, I'd rather read a good post with poor spelling, than a poor post with perfect spelling. It's like finding that kind of chubby girl who is an awesome person versus finding the super model who is Satan incarnate.

Adding: Not that there is anything wrong with Satan incarnate, before haters come a' hatin'.
edit on 3/17/11 by WrathShadow because: (no reason given)

Haha, no I agree with you there, the point IS important, it's just that in this particular case, the point was... pretty much non-existent. A case of someone fruitlooping using alphabet soup and getting huffy when asked to clarify.

I've read many posts that leave much to be desired by the spelling, but have never felt the need to mention it because the point was important. The difference is, I think, that those times were genuine mistakes, and not pure ignorance to the language in order to just throw up a post in 0.045 seconds.

oO and god knows I am a terrible speller half the time, but at least I do try

VV I am keeping an eye on my posts at all times these days!! 8]

edit on 17/3/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

are you a moderator or something it does give me a sense of accomplishment having seen you completely miss any part of what is being said about the language changing and the mere fact that you believe you are the greatest speller ever is a at best laughable ha ha hoohoo you r the greatest lol your sticks and stones mean nothing to me hence the term high horse DUH ......

Your are clearly on your high horse step down to the level and maybe i would take You seriously until then troll troll troll point out spelling and grammar errors as if you are writing a thesis you are lost in the land of imperfections especially here where strange odd new ideas prevail

this is ATS not grad school it is easy to anticipate all of your future words. So you speak if correcting others spelling is where your at .

A few posters actually understood where I was going with this in that the language especially the written language has changed good or bad it has changed THAT was the point o great one…..!
edit on 17-3-2011 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

dude you are the huffy one read the perfectly spelled poor english you have written? sorry sorry
im done typing to you a pure waste of MY time
edit on 17-3-2011 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
killed it for ya BAD WOLF HUH got bored of correcting every possible spellin grammar flaw did we?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I only have one thing to say "Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!"

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join