It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Downtown Tokyo: An ATS Member Reports

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Good for you SilentThunder... sitting there in your tower, drinking champagne while surveying the damage and destruction from a safe distance, thumbing your nose at the threat of radiation. All the while, tens of thousands of Japanese have lost their lives, loved ones and will to live. I think it's highly commendable of you to provide ATS with your "on the spot" reporting of the situation in your hotel room.....

*sigh*

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Actually I think what he is doing is incredibly brave, to give us here at ATS a first hand account. He has been a member here since 2008, and is a respected member here at ATS. Just because he is in a hotel right now, does not mean he is not frightened for his safety and unsympathetic about all the lives suffering in Japan right now. He is doing, what all of us at ATS, would do in his situation- report and document. And quite brillitantly might i add

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i hope your stay is an interesting, and i also with you the best of luck. Seeing the buildings sway from side to side as you described seems all too surreal, im sure theres a lot of that sort of vibe still in the air

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Easy Blarney -- this disaster is not his fault, and one certainly shouldn't cast stones for a achieving a level of success in life.

What you would have SilentThunder do?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Oh wow, YES go risk your life instead of staying in your hotel, how dare you try to shine some light on the situation or give a different perspective...

If it was me, I would be running from radiation, Im a coward when it comes to radiation, ill deal with an armed assailant bare handed but a slow slow death from cancer? yes I would run I would of called the US embassy demanding an Airlift from my safe hotel room. I commend you for staying and providing some insight from a dangerous location.

Hell Im in southern Ca and already am considering running east for a few weeks, I watched family members die slow death from cancer, no f-ing thanks.
edit on 16-3-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
wow silent thunder!!!

thanks for posting!!

please dont take any risks, get outa there if you feel you are not 100% safe!!

thanks again

everybody, please be safe!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
A luxurious apartment won`t save you from radiations or the next quakes, that (I think) are still to come within the next days.

If you live in a luxurious mansion in Tokyo it means that you have an extremely well paid job and work for a big company. The majority of big companies have closed this week and top management have all moved to Osaka or other cities in that area. What makes you want to stay in Tokyo with your family with all this happening and everyone leaving the city?

Well, everyone has their reasons...I don`t judge you. Maybe you`re OK with the constant tremors (which are felt even more in tall buildings).

I `slept`(or at least tried to), with all my clothes on, including shoes, for 3 days. Then I couldn`t stand the tremors anymore - I was always thinking it was going to be another big one like last Friday. I was going crazy. I also live in a high building in Tokyo which moves even only when there`s a strong wind.... ..So, yesterday morning, I packed all my valuables in one bag, and took a 5 hour train, with the dog, and moved way down south.

Amazing to see that here where I am now, even though the same country, people almost don`t have a clue about what`s happening in the north. It`s like a different country/different reality.

I fear more big quakes, especially in the Tokyo area, especially during the full moon period. If you do have a family with you - GET OUT!! Even for just a few days. Before trains stop running.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the reports and especially for the pictures, Silent Thunder. I must say, you're sporting a pair of brass kahonies on this one! And, your description of the volunteers asking for money was touching.

Question: Are you seeing a lot of people visiting shrines?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Silent Thunder... First off, S & F for your bravery, courage and I applaud your "Balls of Steel" attitude. (Duke Nukem reference)

Please keep the info coming, it is greatly appreciated and the pictures are awesome.. This is better than the MSM imo... Stay safe..

LoTeK

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This disinformation is only upping anxiety levels everywhere, news of total loss of control are the main dish at this disaster, over here in the Americas, already local news stations have maps with wind conditions and probable first radiation contact zones.
Everything is going according to plan, sea life could be eradicated over large stretches, food chains have the possibility of breaking, things are very serious right now, world changing, they wont say this of course, but even now, radiation levels near the plant are thousands of clicks higher than ever.

And still, its the experience of a lifetime, and I wouldn't miss it for the world!
strange times we live in, its time to adapt its time to keep moving forward!

One thing one sees is the total numbing of the masses, we cant seem to relate on human levels to other peoples tragedy, some can of course, but from what I´ve seen not many care, interestingly enough even in southern Japan they dont seem to mind much yet.
what ever happened to true solidarity? how come we cant leave everything behind and go help our HUMAN peers?
We cant even be "good" without loosing our jobs and having no place to stay or food to eat, we are tied down, helplessly looking out the window, hoping it wont come this way, when its already here, this planet is the the same for all, we ain`t going nowhere!

My dearest OP, take care, and again thanks for keeping us informed at "ground level"
we need it!, I need to know so the choices I make can be the most informed and with the largest amount of data available.

cheers!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
May I quote a famous Naval Admiral...To hell with the radiation, full speed ahead!

Or was it Damn the torpedoes? Ah well, I'm not sure. Anyway great pictures and reporting my friend! Do keep abreast of your situation because radiation is merciless and will not give you a break for being an intrepid reporter.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Haven't heard from him in a while maybe he went out for more pics or he has left Tokyo...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, why are you staying on in Japan ? Is it because you are obligated by business dealings so cannot leave yet ? Or your return flight is booked for a certain day ? Or are you remaining because you are content to remain, despite what might happen over the next couple of weeks........

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Originally posted by RickyD
Haven't heard from him in a while maybe he went out for more pics or he has left Tokyo...

Could have radiation sickness puking with red eyes hair falling out
and skin hanging off the bone....

Lets leave the *could be, might be, maybes* \\out of it////

When the next report comes in I will be at ease only till then...
edit on 16-3-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hi Silent Thunder,

I am amazed at how sarcastic and brainless some of people's questions and concerns are. It's unfortunate that people can't comprehend the severity of what this means globally. Like always, Americans are so unconcerned until catastrophic disaster stands at their door step and slaps them down, then they will be looking for the worlds sympathy, but it will be too late. Catastrophic disaster is any day for the entire world. Babylon (U.S.) sins reached Heaven & now the Lord is ready to deal with her. Pray to the Lord. Forget about everything and pray to the Lord. He's the only help you have as well as this entire world..It's over.Mankind should have stuck together when they had a chance, instead people are going to wait until HELL is unleashed on Planet Earth to wake up off their sleeping pill. The deadly doses of radiation could spike a zombie outbreak from all these deadly airborne chemicals in the air and the water. Be strong. I know you can do it. Focus on the Lord, repent to the Lord and make your peace with Him.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD

maybe because its 04:12:42am in Tokyo he's in bed?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
With all of these threads of adversity after adversity, I'm compelled to reply. Since I was very young, I have marveled at the level of quiet, almost stoic reserve the Japanese people. Having grown up in the lower mainland of Vancouver, I have many relations and friends who are Japanese. I love their focus and determination in the way they conduct their every day lives, with honor and decorum. This situation, although very grave at the onset, will again prove; that the Japanese will again rise and be a source of pride for all the world to see and model after. My thoughts and prayers are with all the Japanese people in, Japan Proper, and around the world.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You're a great soul. Nice to see you're smart enough to stay out of immediate danger and are selfless enough to report anything at all to any one.

Don't worry about sufficing the queries. Your perspective is all we'll need. My heart goes out to the people of Japan for the many years of differing Unfortunate circumstances they have endured through. Thank you for reporting the civility of the people. To me that is the most important report. To see that people do not have to resort to violence and looting and are together strong and not unwary.

Travel safe. Be good. Remain good.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
kewl!!!! nice to know that you have a front row seat... good luck and god speed!!! i have always said that i would stand and be strong.... but radiation will melt me away....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You criticize him.

But what have you done?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join