It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Downtown Tokyo: An ATS Member Reports

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the updates & pictures. Nice work.

Try to stay safe.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I think the OP was just trying to explain the level of calm over there, You can not deny its an informative and very interesting Thread to say the least, I understand your thinking but think your over reacting slightly,

Oh and lets see if he stays there much longer posting pictures! By all accounts every French national has been ordered to leave Japan, all from the UK told to leave Tokyo and as for the US citizens your goverment has said dont be any closer than 50 miles.

news.sky.com...

Get out of there or you could regret it OP. star and flag anyway.

SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all

Exception

While I am sure many here are happy to see you are ok and doing well after all the devastation Japan has endured. I am deeply disturbed by the relax stubbornness you display. Sipping champagne in your quaint high rise while so many don't have a box to put over their heads.

From reading your first post, it seems you are not obligated to be there and are acting as though this is some weekend camping trip with a little added excitement.

Sorry. I cant star and flag for someone who boasts while others are suffering.
Good luck with the rest of your vacation and order a round of caviar on me

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
The first picture looks towards the iconic "Tokyo tower." (This is the last photo I will do that silly little paper trick with -- see lower-right-hand corner...I trust that those who are reading this will by this point take it for granted that I am where I say I am).

Aw come on, those are readily available images of Tokyo from the web that have been shopped. And the UFO in the third photo is clearly a saucepan lid you've got dangling on fishing line.

Made you look though, huh!?

To be honest, your writing style gave you away as telling the truth before I even saw the photos.

What you are writing is interesting, especially about the orderliness of everything there. Have you got any speculation as to why that is?

Here in the UK we have lots of Japanese students running around with Red Cross buckets collecting donations. I've never seen an appeal which was made so earnestly. They've been at it all day and their voices are hoarse. You can see in their eyes they are truly sincere and almost desperate to make their appeal.

My question is as follows: what is the Japanese media spending its time reporting. Is there more focus on the Tsunami hit towns or on the nuclear problems? And are they just repeating the same snippets of information over and over again as we are seeing on English language stations like NHK World, or is the actual Japanese media competent? Do you sense frustration with Japanese reporters not being able to get enough details from officials? And how is the average man/woman on the street responding to the media coverage? Is there a sense of anger at the media or the government that you can detect?

OK, that was more than one question.

Glad to hear you are spending up on Japanese tourism and enjoying your room service.
edit on 16-3-2011 by XtraTL because: Emoticon fix

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all

Exception

While I am sure many here are happy to see you are ok and doing well after all the devastation Japan has endured. I am deeply disturbed by the relax stubbornness you display. Sipping champagne in your quaint high rise while so many don't have a box to put over their heads.

From reading your first post, it seems you are not obligated to be there and are acting as though this is some weekend camping trip with a little added excitement.

Sorry. I cant star and flag for someone who boasts while others are suffering.
Good luck with the rest of your vacation and order a round of caviar on me

I couldnt agree more, well said.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is why ATS is so great, we get first hand accounts of a possible major disaster and one of our own is there on site. Kudos to Silent Thunder to keep us informed of the events going on there.
Like he said earlier "I don't trust major news broadcasters in the States no more than I trust them here in Japan."
Bang on the money and anyone that is critical of Silent Thunder probably works for a network news station.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 16-3-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thank you for posting, and I must say it's refreshing to see someone post who actually knows how to provide information correctly and prove they are where they say they are. Good job, and best of luck to you

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thanks for making the thread silent, great to see the pictures you've posted along with you explaining what's happening. It gives a personal perspective on how things are in Japan that MSM news seems seriously lacking in. They seem to be posting repeated images of wreckage and reactors in a type of perpetual fear mode to keep the masses on edge, while you're in the streets showing that life goes on, and it's brilliant to see that. Glad we have someone out there with a geiger counter too.

Hope things go well.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Does anyone see the difference between what Silent Thunder is reporting and what the news services are carrying.

Out of the two, I trust silent's account far more.

And to all those who are sending vitriol silent's way, just stop. He's (i think silent is male) simply there, in the situation and passing on impressions & 'photos.

There has been no animosity towards the Japanese or any lack of compassion in his posts. Give silent a break.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Whats your deal? This is someone reporting to others what he sees from his particular location. Should we be disappointed that he's not near the epicenter like many other unfortunate people?

Thanks for the thread OP and keep updating us.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You need to know this...

2027: Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency has said it is also concerned about the spent fuel storage pool inside the building housing reactor 3 at Fukushima Daiichi. The pools at both reactors 3 and 4 are reportedly boiling - there may not even be any water left in reactor 4's pool - and unless the spent fuel rods are cooled down, they could emit large quantities radiation. Radioactive steam was earlier said to be coming from reactor 3's pool. If cooling operations did not proceed well, the situation would "reach a critical stage in a couple of days", an agency official told the Kyodo news agency.
www.bbc.co.uk...
So take care...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm glad your ok my friend, My Bosses wife is from Japan and she just happened to fly back to the states the night of the earthquake his daughter is still in Japan who he talks to daily since the Quake, so far so good in her part,(so far) but alot of people are becoming more and more uneasy each day. Any sign of that where your at?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by robile
reply to post by SMR

Whats your deal? This is someone reporting to others what he sees from his particular location. Should we be disappointed that he's not near the epicenter like many other unfortunate people?

Thanks for the thread OP and keep updating us.

Yep the western press are doing the doom thing and Silent thunder is doing the as I see it logical thing.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
Does anyone see the difference between what Silent Thunder is reporting and what the news services are carrying.

Out of the two, I trust silent's account far more.

And to all those who are sending vitriol silent's way, just stop. He's (i think silent is male) simply there, in the situation and passing on impressions & 'photos.

There has been no animosity towards the Japanese or any lack of compassion in his posts. Give silent a break.

Yes I do...(hand in the air)....He is telling the truth as he sees it where he is.
Now I'm not saying it is not serious but when and if Silent Thunder says it is bad then it is bad.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hi silent thunder,

Fascinating thread... i'm glued.

I must say that i am proud to have you as one of my friends... I am loving your updates and it is great to have an ATS member as a first hand witness (better than the usual mass media garbage)

Please stay safe though, and take no risks...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of the people of Japan at this moment.

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Silent, I hope you confidence saves you.

Too me you are sitting on the ridge of a smoking Mount Saint Helens having a pint.

Harry Randall Truman gave many interviews about how the danger was overblown.

He was turned to ash.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
S&F

Thank you so much. It truly feels like you are an ATS foreign correspondent. Best wishes. Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the updates be safe and careful my man

SMR

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Nobody is around because there is what you could say is "a mass exodus" in Tokyo
No hearsay on that. Actual video at airports.

Look. I know some think I am being mean but read his posts again. The guy sounds like he wants his front row seat this disaster.
He is not obligated to be there yet stays with champagne glass in hand.
I just find it a little upsetting that while he is comfortable, others are suffering. By no means am I saying for him to be in harms way like others. Just don't come here to post all happy go lucky about what you are seeing and boasting about what luxuries you have at hand. I find that in bad taste.
I don't hear Anderson Cooper letting everyone know what comforts he has despite those around him.

Maybe it was his attempt at humor in this bad situation.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof
We're all very happy for you

God forbid silen thunder should be inconvenienced

That's funny! I like you.

I too picked up the same thing from reading the OP.

When I get rich, I promise not to be like that, although there's no law against enjoying one's life or good fortunes, just no need to brag about it especially when aware of other's misfortune all around.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join