It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Downtown Tokyo: An ATS Member Reports

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by redmage

Everything I said applies to this thread, him, you and anyone else. It addresses humanity as a whole. I said his life was not in the same position because he's there freely and can leave if he so chooses.
I do not hate him and I don't want to continue this type of discussion further.

Wow, I really feel sorry for the people that you do actually hate.

If he wants to share more, that's fine.

Thank you, kind and generous soaringhawk.

Hey, it's his thread, not mine.

That's what we have been TRYING TO TELL YOU.

It just struck me in a bad way with how he worded his post, how the media have behaved and how people here in the Usa and Australia have behaved about this.

On behalf of our ATS Brother in Tokyo, the media, the people of the United States of America, and the people of Australia, please accept my deepest, most sincere, and most humble apology for striking you in a bad way.

Plus I may possibly had lost an ex-gf in Sendai.

Telling, very telling. Our possible condolences are possibly with you.

I know people in Japan which are safe and I go to them for information. Plus Japanese message boards.

Wow. Thanks for bringing real news and information from your contacts in Japan to this thread instead of personal attacks, mindless drivel, trolling, and unwanted opinions.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by redmage

Everything I said applies to this thread, him, you and anyone else. It addresses humanity as a whole.

Sounds like you should have made you're own thread about the problems with humanity and not badgered him about it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That video is really telling about what's happening. It's a lot easier to picture it now.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEyedMan
Sounds like you should have made you're own thread about the problems with humanity and not badgered him about it.

This is a public forum. What you post is open to public opinion. It doesn't matter whether someone agrees with you or not. No one has a right to not be offended. I will obey the rules of this website but I will not back down from what I know to be right. Tolerance is not stripping that away to be accepted by the intolerant. I have said my peace about it all and as I said before, I say again. I do not care for any further discussion on this and do want to stick to the topic of the thread.

Originally posted by redmage
Going out on a limb, and assuming you're human... next time maybe you should just say that it's you who is "full of crap" and "doesn't care about the Japanese" instead of condemning others based on mere speculation.

I went with what he said. I care very much for the Japanese. Have for many years. Don't turn this on me. I'm not going to Japan and feeding a dirty business or paying money into something that'll never benefit those affected.

Originally posted by redmage It was fully apparent that your comments were directly aimed at Silent Thunder; so to come back now and attempt to paint them as broad sweeping generalizations on humanity seems highly disingenuous.

Of course my comments were directed to him. But the subject of what I was speaking about applies to anyone. That is what I meant. But just like before, you show you have a lack of reading comprehension.

Originally posted by redmage
Again, learn the difference between how to state an opinion, and making direct accusations/claims. If a thread upsets you, walk away from the keyboard and approach it later with a level head.
edit on 3/17/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

What I said were facts and from feelings brought out by the very coldness that I see on this site, this thread, you & in the news and around me. Anyone has a right to be upset when something terrible happens & no one cares. You're like robots. Afraid to show sympathy, to shed one single tear. I am disgusted and I'm not here for you to like me and I don't care if any of what I said offends you or anyone. So why don't you get over it. This is the last time I will reply to you about this. I stand 100% by everything I've said.
edit on 17-3-2011 by soaringhawk because: additional texts.

edit on 17-3-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

You absolutely have the right to feel offended; however, you don't have the right to abuse others because you've chosen to take offense to something. The OP has stated repeated visits to Japan over the past 20 years, and I highly doubt someone would continue returning if they didn't appreciate the Japanese culture and people.

As for your perceived view of "no one cares" and "coldness everywhere"; all I can say is to open your eyes. Personally, I have a friend from Japan who survived the quake in her hometown just outside Nagoya. Thankfully she was able to access her FB page long enough to let us know she was alright. The whole reason this thread is so popular, and that ATS has created a specific "Crisis in Japan" forum, is due to people caring enough about the related subjects to dig further, report on, and bring forth new information relating to the situation; so the overly-dramatic hyperboles and generalizations you're suggesting don't appear to hold much weight.
edit on 3/17/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

Well, you can gripe, and b*tch, and moan to the rest of us that you've pissed off now I guess. I'm sorry that thunder got fed up with it and left, I had hoped he would have a thicker skin... But I'm sure he is stressed right now too.

After reading your posts, I don't understand why this is such a big deal to you. Maybe you are frightened and lashing out, but you are kind of making mountains out of mole hills and ruining it for everyone else... Which is pretty crappy. I suppose that sniping with folks and riling up entire groups of people on the interwebz may be cathartic for you, but perhaps you could find faceless strangers to take swipes at where you aren't going to be such a pain in the a$$ to so many people. But then again... I get the impression you are getting off on this. So here is my contribution to your emotional well being...

GTFO YOU WHINY LITTLE #!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
You have no idea who I am, why I'm here, what I risk; what deeper feelings and experiences and motivations lie below surface attitudes. I'm guessing you have led a rather sheltered life.

I could go on to justify myself and explain further, but why bother? It's just a messageboard, right?

I wanted to keep a running commentary on ATS, including photos, but you know what? I don't have to take this kind of treatment from posters such as yourself on top of everything else I have to deal with right now.

Thread finished..

Logging out.

Silent Thunder, if you are still reading this Thread, please do not be disheartened by the detractors!

Illegitimi non carborundum; those detractors have their own agenda/s, that may or may not involve preventing or circumventing Truth!

Please keep posting news from the ground there in Tokyo.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Perhaps rather than immediately finding fault with what the OP wrote, one could have asked a few more questions if you were concerned with the humanitarian aspect. "have you run into anyone who was sick?"..."I understand people are asking for donations...have you had the opportunity to contribute?"...."Do you have any plans on doing any volunteer work in he coming days?"....

To immediately launch in on how cold, unfeeling and uncaring someone is, simply because you did not agree with the narrative...uh
..that seems more for the benefit of ones personal sense of righteous indignation and not to bring voice to any particular cause. Of course people are hurt and dying and afraid. There are those who feel that they have been left to die and are probably right. And if the OP was instead posting youtube videos of himself in the trenches....with blotchy skin and missing hair people would have gushed about how wonderful of a person he is....even if it was the equivalent of ice skating uphill...simply because people dont care if what you are doing is pointless...so long as you look good doing it and in this case looking good would essentially require looking pretty bad.

This thread was begun at a time when things were relatively calm, the situation had not unraveled as far as it currently has and there were many unknowns. One need not feel the pain of Gaia with every breath to be aware of her needs and the man does not have to post guerrilla footage of smashed buildings, crying lolitas and himself standing benevolently over the shivering masses with supplies in arm so that someone on a message board can see him as a good person.
edit on 17-3-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think it would be marvelous if everyone would just ignore the reveling simpleton in the corner. He only seems to detract from the conversation that everyone was attempting to have with Silent Thunder -- and did nothing to enhance it.

These children are best ignored.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Agreed! The highest respect, and best example we can give ST, to show him we care and he should come back ... is to ignore the troll.

If everyone ignores the fool, then we can get back to a productive discussion! Perhaps if ST sees that we've all made the effort, he will feel loved and come back.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
He's back here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ljonesyuk

Yes. Thread closed. Please direct comments to Part 2.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join