It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Member in the Navy has Radiation Poisoning and is being Quarantined on the USS Roosevelt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Time Thursday, March 24 · 6:30am - 6:00pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location USS Roosevelt DDG 80

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Created By USS Roosevelt ddg 80 FRG

More Info The Family Day cruise is scheduled. Come enjoy a day at sea with your sailor before they deploy!

and here's that Roosevelt

link: www.facebook.com...#!/event.php?eid=149909225072031

link   
Bzzt. Thanks for playing.

The USS Roosevelt, DDG-80 is an Arleigh-Burke class destroyer homeported in Mayport Florida and a member of Destroyer Squadron 24. It is an Atlantic Fleet destroyer and very unlikely to be stationed in Japan. The Japanese are very sensitive to the names of our ships stationed there. We can't put the carriers Nimitz or Truman in Japan, for example, because of their WW II connotations. The last entry I can find for the Roosevelt is its participation in Operation Joint Warrior off the coast of Scotland in November, 2010.

I don't have this nailed 100% CORRECTION: It is nailed. See below. because it's remotely possible this ship left its own squadron and traveled half way around the world to join a different squadron and fleet, but I doubt it. I'll look a little further.

EDIT TO ADD: The USS Roosevelt is hosting a Pancake breakfast this Saturday at Mayport, Florida.
edit on 3/15/2011 by schuyler because: location of ship

link   
This story has more holes than a piece of Swiss cheese!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Read the story and this excerpt and get back to me....Im not lying people!!!!!!!

"U.S. Navy personnel in Japan began limiting outdoor activities and securing external ventilation systems after instruments aboard an aircraft carrier docked in Yokosuka detected low levels of radioactivity from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, the Navy said."

www.cnn.com...

link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
reply to post by megabogie

There are actually two USS Roosevelts and i dont know which one he is on....there is the USS Roosevelt CVN 71 and there is the USS Roosevelt DDG 80. Even if he was on the one that was in Newport News til the 9th ...2 - 3 days is plenty of time to make it there.

www.ddg-roosevelt.navy.mil...

There is no way that a carrier or a DDG could travel from Newport News to Japan in "2-3 days" LOL LOL

link   

link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

If you are going to make up a BS story like this, at least make sure the ship you are referencing is actually in the task force assigned to the detail.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Any moderator......

Strongly suggest this get moved to HOAX!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just cleared the air with my Uncle because of the bashing ive received on here......He is not on the Roosevelt he is on the USS George Washington......

Hope this clears is all up....now please stop attacking me as if im making up lies about my family.

Read the story and this excerpt and get back to me....Im not lying people!!!!!!!

"U.S. Navy personnel in Japan began limiting outdoor activities and securing external ventilation systems after instruments aboard an aircraft carrier docked in Yokosuka detected low levels of radioactivity from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, the Navy said."

www.cnn.com...
edit on 15-3-2011 by MonkeyWrench30 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by SirMike

the article says
they were there Feb. 22-25 for “Operation Haze Gray.”

they had two weeks to go somewhere else
not saying they are there, but they could be.
still could be true, but its a long way from mayport to japan

source: jacksonville.com...

oops didnt read the previos post by OP
edit on 15/3/11 by voorbereid because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I hope an instant full IP address ban is incurred on this stuff and nonsense.
edit on 15/3/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

I read your story and it sounds "honest".............you may be missing some of the facts or possibly have been misinformed on some of the information you heard……………

But I will give you a

I have no doubt its our worse night mare brewing over there...................

I wish your family well............

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join