It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Member in the Navy has Radiation Poisoning and is being Quarantined on the USS Roosevelt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Funny how people want to wave that Military flag to get attention on themselves. IF such an event took place, these servicemen would not have been flown back to the states. They would have been taken to the nearest military base hospital. I find it despicable that during an on-going tragedy, the OP would make up this bunk just to get people to talk to him. Shame on you. REAL people are dead and dying and you make up a terrible story like this. People like you give us the "Dirty American" reputation.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Snappahead

There are a few computers within the room they are locked in and people in the room are emailing family members.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Check the update and get back to me. Im not waving a military flag or making up a story. I have a family member who was caught up in the mess and without proper measures taken by our military is now poisoned by radiation.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Snappahead

This information was passed onto my relatives last night and the rest of the family has been finding out throughout the day as they have obviously been dealing with things before letting the information out to the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
I think you need to think about what you're saying and then reconsider calling ME naive. That amount of radiation would be impossible to cover up.

I think you need some history lessons. Just read some stories on Chernobyl, how they handled press in the first week. And how that drastically changed suddenly.

And it's impossible to cover up ultimately, indeed. That's why this guy is posting here.

Oh i'm naive?
edit on 15-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
Ok i have an update and this is definitely going to blow you guys away.....it also changes the title to my thread a little too.

I just spoke with my Uncle Bob (my cousins father) and here is what i have found out and is the story that was relayed to my Uncle via email from my cousin.

- He is on the USS Roosevelt and is actually being quarantined with almost 30 other people in one part of the ship. They were the first responders to an area that was within 150 ft of one of the nuclear plants. Some of the infected members on board are experiencing heavy vomiting, some are bleeding from the ears, others have lost weight from ranges of 10lbs to 25lbs in the last few days. When asked if he was going to be sent anywhere or taken to a medical facility the response my uncle got was " We were told to remain in this room and when they are ready to do something with us they will let us know".

I apologize that my initial thread title and some info was off but i had just received an initial phone call from my Aunt Marcia (Uncle Bobs sister) and she was freaking out. If i can get anymore information as it comes in i will let you know.

Sorry guy, now I know you are full of $hit.

CVN-71 is currently in Newport News being refitted.

www.tr.surfor.navy.mil...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
A cousin within my extended family was on a US Naval Ship that entered into the mess in Japan to help save people who were stranded from the tsunami and clear out some of the initial debris. Him a long with 30 others were sent home almost immediately because of an instant illness that has caused them to continuously vomit, have blood coming out of their ears, and he has lost 25lbs in a matter of days. They were all diagnosed with radiation poisoning and are back in the states in hospitals near their hometowns.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

* Please check at a posting below for an UPDATE.

edit on 15-3-2011 by MonkeyWrench30 because: Updated information

Even moderate radiation exposure can cause bleeding, vomiting, and vomiting blood. Bleeding from the ears is a bit odd. He would be more likely bleeding from the mouth or rectum, but perhaps that is what is mentioned because it would be very alarming. I'd be freaking if I were bleeding from my ears personally.

However...

I have to concur with the above poster that it is highly unlikely that they would send military personnel home in such an event. They would send them to the nearest overseas base capable of handling such a diagnosis.

So one of three possibilities here.

1. Your relative is actually sick with something else and someone is confused about the diagnosis.

2. Your relative is pulling your chain.

3. You are pulling ours.

I'm voting for # 3. myself as the most likely. I think you are full of it.
edit on 15-3-2011 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureET

I think you need to think about what you're saying and then reconsider calling ME naive. That amount of radiation would be impossible to cover up.

I think you need some history lessons. Just read some stories on Chernobyl, how they handled press in the first week. And how that drastically changed suddenly.

And it's impossible to cover up ultimately, indeed. That's why this guy is posting here.

Oh i'm naive?

Yes, you're naive. Chernobyl was a totally different type of event. This accident didn't release that kind of radiation in one big blast.

I'm not wasting any more time on this obvious hoax thread. If the OP can prove he's right then I'll be the first to apologize.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Do I get an award for calling BS first???!!!!

Teddy roosevelt is in the yards for rework and refueling. In fact, they replaced the mast on 2/25.

This is total BS.

If by chance he is talking about USS Roosevelt DDG-80, it is totally unlikely that 30 people would be transferred to a DDG for treatment when a CVN is available with a full hospital aboard.

Damn....just missed being first.
I think it's disgusting that someone would make this **snip** up
edit on 3/15/2011 by BostonBill99 because: -edit to apologize

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

there is more then one USS rooseveld
www.ddg-roosevelt.navy.mil...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BostonBill99
Do I get an award for calling BS first???!!!!

Teddy roosevelt is in the yards for rework and refueling. In fact, they replaced the mast on 2/25.

No. But I'll give you a cookie.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureET

Oh i'm naive?

Yes, you're naive. Chernobyl was a totally different type of event. This accident didn't release that kind of radiation in one big blast.

I'm not wasting any more time on this obvious hoax thread. If the OP can prove he's right then I'll be the first to apologize.

So you are the expert now, huh?

Moderate exposure can make you experience the same symptoms, so that is not a well informed conclusion.

And you fail to recognize that the Government of Japan is downplaying the situation, which is quite obvious.

Instead you call hoaxes. Which is infact quite weak.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

Monkey, thanks for the info and please keep us updated. I believe you. It is not hard to keep secrets in the service. I hope for your cousin. Reading the stages of radiation illness, this is not good at all, but not necessarily death.

For all saying we would all know if this kind of radiation was happening, are you there in that vicinity? Are news cameras? I would say the only thing filming within a 20 mile radius is, well nothing and no one. Satellite yes, but this is not going to show us people keeling over.

Over the last 4 days, I have seen the same film played over and over, the same japanese woman hugging her child, the same flood scenes and the same explosion tapes, so who's to say what is going on in homes in japan. We can't even get real death toll estimates, and it's obviously they are way above 1000, or 17000 or whatever channel you prefer to hear your numbers from.

A 9.0 and a tsunami hitting shoreline nuclear plants? The typical stoicism and pride of the Japanese.....this could be possible.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

That would be great if your link had a date on it and in fact they were just let out to sea the first couple days of March.

link   
The military must need extreme bandwidth in a hurry...

[4:48 p.m. ET Tuesday, 5:48 a.m. Wednesday in Tokyo] The U.S. military has blocked access to a range of websites to free up bandwidth for use in Japan recovery efforts, according to a spokesman for U.S. Strategic Command. The sites - including YouTube, ESPN, Amazon, eBay and MTV - were chosen not because of their content but because of their popularity among users of military computers, spokesman Rodney Ellison said.

CNN live blog

That will certainly keep service members from posting any videos they may have captured in Japan.

link   

Originally posted by voorbereid
reply to post by SirMike

there is more then one USS rooseveld

And two weeks ago DDG-80 was in Mayport.

jacksonville.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

This ship is in dock at Newport News

Twenty first class petty officers from USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71) attended the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People training seminar at the Hampton Inn in Newport News, Va., March 7-9.

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People seminars are founded on the teachings of Dr. Stephen R. Covey and his best-selling book. The 7 Habit...

You should check the Facebook page of a particular ship before you insert it into your fantasy
LINK:
www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PureET

Thank you for your support in this. Its honestly quite sad that people actually think im posting a hoax thread to gain attention. I honestly was not going to post anything on here because ive seen threads like man get bashed and thrown all over the place but i figured everyone should need to know the potential for a cover up here....i thought thats what ATS was all about....information and knowledge...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
There are BBC news reporter have been reporting from all over the area with Geiger counters attached to their clothes. If there were high levels of radiation in the area they would NOT be there....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

There are actually two USS Roosevelts and i dont know which one he is on....there is the USS Roosevelt CVN 71 and there is the USS Roosevelt DDG 80. Even if he was on the one that was in Newport News til the 9th ...2 - 3 days is plenty of time to make it there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join