It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

So much for transparency.............Another Obama promise bites the dust

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What is the life span on a Obama promise anyway? Well unless your a golf course and he makes a tee time not very long.


WASHINGTON – Two years into its pledge to improve government transparency, the Obama administration took action on fewer requests for federal records from citizens, journalists, companies and others last year even as significantly more people asked for information. The administration disclosed at least some of what people wanted at about the same rate as the previous year.

People requested information 544,360 times last year under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act from the 35 largest agencies, up nearly 41,000 more than the previous year, according to an analysis by The Associated Press of new federal data. But the government responded to nearly 12,400 fewer requests.


Link




posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 


And that is why I hate living in the United States. If I had the money I would gladly live somewhere else. We are not the nation we once were.

edit on 3/15/2011 by LiquidNova because: typo



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 
When you consider that he broke some of his key promises BEFORE the election and within the first month following the inauguration, there is no life span at all. They are ephemerra, existing only for the moment at hand, abandoned when no longer needed or valuable.

He and his administration will say what any specific audience wants to hear regardless of truth or what they are actually DOING or actually BELIEVE, DESIRE and work toward..



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidNova
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 


And that is why I hate living in the United States. If I had the money I would gladly live somewhere else. We are not the nation we once were.

edit on 3/15/2011 by LiquidNova because: typo


But where else would you go my friend? All countries are ruled over by corrupt politicians who will tell you what you want to hear so you vote them in. It's then that they show their true colours... Obama is just the latest in a long line of lying and thieving politicians... The Bush's, Tony Blair, the dynamic duo of Cameron and Clegg, and of course, Obama... The only way around it is to stop playing their little game and refuse to vote until politicians become accountable and can be immediately voted out the exact moment they are caught misleading or lying to their people.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 
When you consider that he broke some of his key promises BEFORE the election and within the first month following the inauguration, there is no life span at all. They are ephemerra, existing only for the moment at hand, abandoned when no longer needed or valuable.

He and his administration will say what any specific audience wants to hear regardless of truth or what they are actually DOING or actually BELIEVE, DESIRE and work toward..



Yes they are all tigers of the same stripe. I hear now commanders in Afghan want more troops. I don't see why we don't just pull outta there and bomb the taliban from the air every time they come down from the mountains. You just can't root those bastages out of those things. Ruskies learned the hard way too.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Obama never stated the real reasons for the war. Because of this I knew he would break every promise. I still voted for him, he was the lesser of the evils. Imagine how secretive the American government would be if a conservative had won the election.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
What is the life span on a Obama promise anyway? Well unless your a golf course and he makes a tee time not very long.


His promises/lies are no different from those blown up our skirts by politicians before him. He is as they are/were - Professional liars. Quite frankly, they are all puppets and are placed in front of the people to placate the gullible. The real powers running the show in the US are combined between the Federal Reserve and Goldman Sachs. Both entities are intertwined and both serve only themselves and those at the top of their demonic food chain.

Identifying the broken promises of presidents and other politicians is like telling someone who took their flat tire in for repair that they have a flat tire. Don't be surprised when you get that "no $hit" look from them.

One does have to get a twisted kick out of the fact that such a thing as "contempt of CONgress" exists considering they are OUR employees and lie to us with impunity whereas should we barely stretch the truth it could cost you a few years of your life.

Until We the People get our employees back in check, they will continue to run roughshod over us as they have been doing for close to a century.



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 


And how many of those requests were from birthers asking to see Obama's birth certificate???



posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 


And how many of those requests were from birthers asking to see Obama's birth certificate???


Some call them "birthers" and some call them "proofers". Both monikers are nothing more than a diversionary tactic from the topic regarding his propensity to lie just as those before him have done so.

Casting dispersions is precisely what is required to keep minds closed from open discussion. Divide and conquer is such an old theory of battle/war it amazes me that we still fall for it even though such a strategy has been in print and available to us since the late 12th century.

I don't care who he is nor where he's from since it's obvious his goal is no different from those before him - the end of our Republic as was given to us.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Isn't there another thread on this?




top topics



 
5

log in

join