It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins. Radiation finally reaches my area //might get evacuated

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
However the human body does have a natural recovery rate for doses of radiation , however once you exceed that limit it gets harder and harder for the body to neutralise the radioactive effect.
I cant exactly rememeber what the limit is , although Im sure it would be quite high , humans are continually bombarded with radiation. Im sure that whatever happens you will be ok , I just hope that your government does issue a warning and or evacuates you and your enitre family and friends and the whole village/ town

200 rems , 2sev i think is the radiation sickness equivalent.
showing symptoms with 24 hrs , vomiting and nausea

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by Rocky Black

Also it is preoven that being expose to radiation at any level is not good. Higher or elevated dosing above background which is what you get from the sun and rock/radon has been shown in studies to cause mutation in your genetics. This is what causes cancer. Usually your body will attack the cancer cells or cells which deform due to rad exposure. but your body can only handle so much and then the genes multiply faster than your body can hadle and that is when you start suffering from radiation poisoning. That is very bad. That is when you get sick and die.

your probably getting way above what they are telling you.

Ohhh man my only suugestion would be to find some item containing lead or tantalum. Those tend to block radiation/ I don't know what else to say but get your potassium iodide.

DUDE! NINJA TIME NOW!! Your parents will not save you when you are convulsing spewing your guts onto the ground for the birds to pick at. The only God in this world is the one we allow inside ourselves. Let your heart bear more weight than the sword.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DayKnightmare

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by Rocky Black

Also it is preoven that being expose to radiation at any level is not good. Higher or elevated dosing above background which is what you get from the sun and rock/radon has been shown in studies to cause mutation in your genetics. This is what causes cancer. Usually your body will attack the cancer cells or cells which deform due to rad exposure. but your body can only handle so much and then the genes multiply faster than your body can hadle and that is when you start suffering from radiation poisoning. That is very bad. That is when you get sick and die.

your probably getting way above what they are telling you.

Ohhh man my only suugestion would be to find some item containing lead or tantalum. Those tend to block radiation/ I don't know what else to say but get your potassium iodide.

DUDE! NINJA TIME NOW!! Your parents will not save you when you are convulsing spewing your guts onto the ground for the birds to pick at. The only God in this world is the one we allow inside ourselves. Let your heart bear more weight than the sword.

That is so out of order!

Hey iAnjo

I too hope you and your family stay safe.

I'm sure your parents are doing all they can to keep you safe, listen to them and stay with them. Try not to read into too much specualtion at the moment.

Kindest regards
Jono

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Hi iAnjo. I am in Australia. I have looked up your school on the Military base and here is a link they have up on their website to a Facebook page which has updated information about what is happening there. They called a community meeting today and will be letting the shcool out. They also post that there are no significant radiation levels detected. Here is the link: Try to stay calm, and listen as they ARE monitoring the situation there closely -
www.facebook.com...

Here is a post from the page 10 hours ago real time:
Rochelle Phelps The directive is only for residents of Atsugi. Zama has also received this information and their current stance is that residents of Zama are not at risk.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Hi iAnjo,

I posted this in another thread but I want to make my point (I'm not cross posting).

Check out the birds-eye-view of Reactor #3 in the following photo (about 1/3rd way down)

www.watoday.com.au/environment/radiation-levels-rise-in-tokyo-as-nuclear-crisis-deepens-20110315-1buq7.html

Now check out the birds-eye-view of Chernobyl:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chernobyl_burning-aerial_view_of_core.jpg

Look at the radioactive waste pouring out of them!

Also all the government officials are wearing blue jumpsuits during interviews.

I believe, unfortunately, the Japanese government is lying to you and the world. I honestly believe this is, at the very least, in line with Chernobyl.

You and your family need to move either far south or far north (depending on where you are).

Take care and thanks for checking in.

link   
The town hall meeting is over. My parents talked to some people who went to it in the hallway (I live in a tower)

And we just learned that: The base has no plan for evacuation. In other words; evacuation is only up to the Sponsor and Dependents so we're on our own apparently. I hope if things really do get out of hand, they will have no choice but to. I hope they're right about saying we're in no harm as of now. Hopefully things will go well..thanks everyone..

I'll post more when I learn more about it

link   
This song just came on the radio and I think it belongs here!

Love, calm to the head and heart, peace, and quick resolution to you and all there with you.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well, considering the way this whole situation is developing, we have two available rooms in our home in London, free to comfortably accomodate four people from the disaster stricken areas, at no charge, obviously. I could make some room by freeing my office as well. I know it is may sound far fetched, but if it comes to evacuating people off those islands, I think we should all get ready to offer some real help. Compassion & prayers are welcomed, but deep inside, we all know they are kind but useless. I experienced homelessness in my earlier days and I know it is no fun.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by trisvonbis

I hope and don't thnk it will come to that.

There's plenty of empty homes available here in the UK, dam buy to rent went tats up.

I'm sure many of us would also be willing to give up a room or two in their home if need be.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There are so many places where we are the same, though in such unimaginable tragedy there seems to be some kind of clarity, seen only by the collective suffering of innocents. My heart and the hearts of my wife and children go out to you all.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Wow....I feel bad for you. They may be keeping you in for safety reasons? I don't know much about nuclear power. Will keep Japan in my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I think it is better that he stay in the military base. If the time for evacuation comes, I'm sure that there are helicopters that can be used instead of him running away and use a car as a getaway vehicle. Helicopters can travel farther and faster.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by trisvonbis
Well, considering the way this whole situation is developing, we have two available rooms in our home in London, free to comfortably accomodate four people from the disaster stricken areas, at no charge, obviously. I could make some room by freeing my office as well. I know it is may sound far fetched, but if it comes to evacuating people off those islands, I think we should all get ready to offer some real help. Compassion & prayers are welcomed, but deep inside, we all know they are kind but useless. I experienced homelessness in my earlier days and I know it is no fun.

Your gesture of humanity inspired me.
I spoke with my wife a few minutes ago and we are willing to open our home as well. 1 office that could sleep two people and an unfinished basement that could easily sleep ten. She is going to see who she can send the offer to for me since I am at work right now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

You are all actually probably in the safest place where you are on the base as they have plans for things like this if they occur. Lots of people are giving you different information on this site. How old are you? Try to ignore the ones with the doom and gloom predictions. We really don't know yet what will eventuate, try to talk to someone close by and let them know how you're feeling. You aren't alone.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
My prayers are with you!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of the people of Japan.

The fact is that all of us far and away from this disaster can't even start to imagine what you are going through. I just keep thinking that this time last week everyone there was just living their lives just like the rest of us. It goes to show us how tenuous our survival is on this planet and how at any moment a disaster can befall anyone anywhere.

We all appreciate the updates you are giving us, but please make your safety your number 1 concern.

edit on 15-3-2011 by kismet815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo

On Saturday I'll be flying over to the west coast USA (Washington, then to California) because of a vacation my family has planned lastyear. However, I heard radiation could reach over there, bad luck isn't it? Then I come back to japan, but I will live on Yokosuka then, and not Atsugi and zama..

Here's a tokyo based, independantly run geiger counter:
park18.wakwak.com...

You'll see that earlier today, it peaked at about 84 CPM.

100 CPM = approx. 1 microSv, which is what the readings on the news have been in. So, for a brief moment, you may have been exposed to less than 1 microSv of radiation. Maybe if you were on the roof of the school standing into the wind with your arms stretched out or something. Worst case scenerio, you were exposed to the full curve of that for an hour. Just now, on the news, they showed the figures for Kanto. Your area looks to have peaked around 0.70 microSv.

On your flight back, you will be exposed to about 150 microSv. Each way. 200 if you're going to NYC. You get that every time you fly. Think about that for a minute.

Right now, two of the problem reactors (1 and 3) are in cold shutdown. 2 is cooling, and will be in shutdown by the time you wake up tomorrow. The fire at 4 is out, and the problem there is in the spent fuel chamber where the water temperature went up from 40 to 80 degrees. All they need to do is keep it below the boiling point. This crisis, to all intents and purposes, is over.

If you really feel the need to do something about the radiation you've been exposed to, you can even it out by not eating bananas for the next year.

Have a good night.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts, as we need them. I don't have it as bad as others, and I'm certainly not asking for it. May everything go well.. Thinking positive is the best I can do right now as well as being alert

reply to post by trisvonbis

Thank you for this offer, it's very nice of you however I don't think we'll end up taking it, because we probably won't end up evacuating, and if we evacuate I heard it would most likely Guam.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I too have a spare room. I dont know much about the Japanese culture so there might be some getting used to on both sides, but I would do just about anything to help a fellow human being. Seriously.

MOTF!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join