It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins. Radiation finally reaches my area //might get evacuated

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
So if u are 25 miles SW of Tokyo and are getting elevated radiation levels…. That would mean that Tokyo is getting the same or more based on the proximity to you, Tokyo and the failed reactors.

Someone please correct me on this if I have it wrong?????

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
My impression is he and his family are not aware of the situation. Just passing facts.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by murfdog

That's the way I read it. The cloud is drifting south and as it passes over it contaminates.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Wow! Best listen to your folks, and not the media, they will tell you only when it happens and not before... they lie...
listen to you guts....
Good luck! i think you guys need it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Fellow ATS Members:

This is not a movie or a video game. Please do not advise this young person to "get the F out". What are they supposed to do?

Don't sit on your couch or office chair and give irrational advice.

Everyone near the affected area is in the same situation. If they have the means, they are already doing what they can.

You're not being a help.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I currently live near Tokyo and we've had the radiation come down here. These frequent shakes make me want to go outside but we cant even do that now. They've given us precautions to take when going outside but they make it seem like the levels are so low, we should be ok. I hope we all make it out of this madness.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tajjy
reply to post by murfdog

That's the way I read it. The cloud is drifting south and as it passes over it contaminates.

Yah, me too.
The way I see it Tokyo with a population of 13 million is the end game.
If Tokyo gets high levels of radiation japan will be in big trouble.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I must admit that I am not a very emotional person, but this disaster has my heart in a knot. Lets not forget Haiti not so long ago. It seems as if we all should prepare for a dramatic change in the "normal" life. I am not so worried about earthquakes here where I am, but I am scared for Sony shutting it's doors. And all the other nice things from Japan. I guess this post is just a metaphor for us humans. We feel for each other , but somehow we feel more for the worldly things.
iAnjo, be strong. And remember, the people of Japan rose up after Nagasaki and Hiroshima to be a force to reckon with. Not for violence, but for being a well oiled society

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zuripai

What information are you exactly being given? And what is your proximity to Tokyo?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Im wishing the best for you and your fam buddy, could you possibly get a flight out from the base, is anyone from your class leaving. I dont know what i would do if i was in your position. Its eazy for people to say get the f##k out of dodge on a computer ,i know things aren't that simple in real life.
I would get a buddy to put myself in a box and mail me 1st class airmail to the states from that base. im not serious by da way

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by murfdog

I think the population in and around Tokyo is 43 million. I might be wrong
but i did hear that number in the last few days

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Wait! The X-Ray levels of radiation ar 25 miles SW of Tokyo at Camp Zama? That's not what the MSM is saying. Michio Kaku says to 'sandbag the reactors' like Chernobyl, apparently Number 2 has been breached while 1 and 3 are in meltdown mode and number 4's spent fuel rod facility is on fire (just as dangerous as the core), and says that the Japanese government is waiting to long to get it done and this is a "cascading nuclear catastrophe."

Dude, if you're still in school or able to get this...get out NOW. Stay safe, and get some iodine in your system.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 15-3-2011 by Xterrain because: add link.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AdonisDNA

Way wrong. 8 million in Tokyo and just under 13 million in the entire prefecture (state).

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

My Japanese isnt perfect but it was something like 1.3 microshiberuto(dont know what that translates to)in the air. I heard from a friend just a bit ago that it isnt that bad. But yea, with the frequent quakes irritation the fukushima power plant, it could get worse.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DayKnightmare
reply to post by JonoEnglish

"oh yeah you can stay at my house" a million miles away where i know you can't go. You people are scrubs, I'm not gonna ask my wife or mom or anybody...If you come to Maui I will get your family a place because that is Ohana. When a person is sick all their friends and family come to see them (and share antibodies).I am NOT out of order..if you see the chaos you should reason that a kid should be given the tools to survive. So you sir are out of order for lying in complacency.

Yes you were out of order;

Your parents will not save you when you are convulsing spewing your guts onto the ground for the birds to pick at

That is sick!

I will say no more on this matter and ignore any further posts from you.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
They need to evacuate the entire nation. They could all fit here in Canada. They need power, and food right now, and evacuation which will take time. All 6 reactors will melt down. The crack in one of the containment units means the radiation being leaked is critical, they can't maintain the other two, so all 3 will go, and that means the others will. Japan needs to be evacuated. I wouldn't care in the least if Japanese became the dominant language of Canada, and we became a Japanese nation. Are they talking about evacuating this nation yet?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Dam you alex jones lol (i remember where heard that lol)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Michio Kaku is full of it. he said on friday it wont meltdown there was no problem , he said the next day the seawater would work ,no problem. Last year he was wrong about solar cycle 24 by a factor of 10. he's pritty much one of them tv scientists now. he should be working with baking soda and crayons.
edit on 15-3-2011 by AdonisDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

What's your APO? U2U me if you want. My son goes to a DoD school here in Germany and if I can send you and your family anything, don't hesitate to ask.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The writing is on the wall, OP. # the "authorities". get to your family, and get the hell outta there. nearest plane, nearest boat, nearest train away from the danger zone. Now. and good luck..

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join