It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins. Radiation finally reaches my area //might get evacuated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+121 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well right now the radiation is equivalent to an X-ray body scan but it's getting worse. What's bad is, my school knows this yet they still won't let us out. Teachers are panicking as well as students. We might get evacuated soon, but it's still 50/50. 3 are now in meltdown while the fourth one is on fire. May god help us all...

I'll put info on here later, I'll update for personal reference and for ATS to know...thanks.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
What part of Japan are you located in right now?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Where are you located? And my prayers are with you stay safe

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

where.. are you???

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Where are you at OP? I hope it drops!

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
If they won't let you, go anyway. Get the hell away from there and good luck.

link   
This does not sound good at all radiation at the level of an x-ray is not a a good sign.
How close to the nuclear plant are you?

+30 more 
link   
Guys I am located in Ayase, Japan. ATM I am I school at Zama, a military base. I think we're a little south from Tokyo. I'll get a map later, I'm on an iPhone using 3G from my friend.

+1 more 
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

I don't think I'd be waiting for permission to leave...
Hope you stay safe..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo
Well right now the radiation is equivalent to an X-ray body scan but it's getting worse. What's bad is, my school knows this yet they still won't let us out. Teachers are panicking as well as students. We might get evacuated soon, but it's still 50/50. 3 are now in meltdown while the fourth one is on fire. May god help us all...

I'll put info on here later, I'll update for personal reference and for ATS to know...thanks.

iAnjo, I thought you should see this, so I will post it again here-

# NEWS ADVISORY: Radiation 33 times normal level measured in Utsunomiya, Tochigi (13:12)

# NEWS ADVISORY: Radiation amount in Chiba Pref. twice to 4 times normal level (13:14)

Kyodo News

Utsunomiya is located about 110 kilometers to the southwest of Fukushima.

Chiba is located about 270 kilometers to the south of Fukushima.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken the OP was in Tokyo?
I thought I saw him say that a few days ago?

Dude I'm sorry! Be Strong my Brother!

-Pax Vorbiscum!!!

link   
Camp Zama...Been there many times. About 25 miles SW of Tokyo. Be safe friend.
edit on 3/14/2011 by Juston because: added unit of measure

link   
we wish you luck dude. Leave while you can because you might experience mass chaos later

link   
I would totally just leave.
________ x 2

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo
Guys I am located in Ayase, Japan. ATM I am I school at Zama, a military base. I think we're a little south from Tokyo. I'll get a map later, I'm on an iPhone using 3G from my friend.

You should still be alright for now. But if one of those plants go into full meltdown, people will probably panic and you might have a hard time getting out of there due to the congestion.. not to mention stores running out of food, plus stations running out of gasoline. It might be wise to leave now, just in case.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
have you got a supply of iodine pills? Are they being issued?

+89 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Guys, keep in mind that he is a STUDENT at I believe a high school on a military base. Telling him he should just take off and not do what is being advised by officialls there is not a good thing to do, IMO.

I am sure that they will do all they can to keep him safe on the military base. If it is not safe to go outside, telling him to do so would be the absolute opposite of what is best for him.

OP: You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. I hope you are in communication with your parents and the school/base is coordinating moving you guys, or else keeping you housed there for your own safety.

ETA: Right now, the military base might actually be one of the safer places.
edit on 14-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I wish you health and luck.

If I were you, I'd honest to God say "you're *ing crazy, I'm gone" and just leave. What are they going to do? Restrain you and pin you down? Your life is at risk. I wouldn't want leukemia because some teacher didn't want me to leave.
I bet if anyone saw what leukemia was actually like in the end stages of the game, the teachers would drive you in their car away.

Also, isn't it bad that you're apparently getting a constant x-ray? The thought of that is making me feel ill.

@westcoast
I agree with you in some ways, but where would you draw the line between "risk health" and "not piss off my classmates"?
edit on 3/14/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: update post

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish I could say more but I am at a loss for words as the tragedy is beyonds words.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Guys, keep in mind that he is a STUDENT at I believe a high school on a military base. Telling him he should just take off and not do what is being advised by officialls there is not a good thing to do, IMO.

I am sure that they will do all they can to keep him safe on the military base. If it is not safe to go outside, telling him to do so would be the absolute opposite of what is best for him.

OP: You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. I hope you are in communication with your parents and the school/base is coordinating moving you guys, or else keeping you housed there for your own safety.

I'm not sure I would be sitting around for the officials to tell me it's time to leave. By then, it might be too late due to congestion and panic... but, being on a military base might be to his advantage. We really don't know all the details of his situation.
edit on 14-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join