It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins. Radiation finally reaches my area //might get evacuated

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
From today's Japan Times:

search.japantimes.co.jp...

"Foreign diplomatic corps that left Tokyo due to radiation fears have largely returned and resumed normal operations, with many countries having lifted or eased restrictions on remaining in the capital and its vicinity or visiting Japan, according to the Foreign Ministry.

The biggest reason for the change appears to be the more stable outlook regarding the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant. Only four embassies remained closed as of Wednesday — those of Angola, Burkina Faso, the Dominican Republic and Kosovo — the ministry said.

Most countries that shut down their operations in Tokyo, including Germany and Switzerland, which moved their embassy functions to Osaka, had returned to the capital by mid-April."

I'm STILL wondering what it is that you guys posting here seem to know that all the countries who have embassies in Japan (except Angola, Burkina Faso, the Dominican Republic and Kosovo, of course) don't!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Foddy

And yet at the same time they also issue the following saying that the area is NOT STABLE.
So is this the twilight zone or i guess none of the Embassy's are in this area so that means no troubles big bubbles ????
Obviously can't fault the more sceptical/intelligent ATS people???

Japan declares Fukushima a no-go zone

Under the order, which goes into effect at midnight local time, it will be illegal to enter a 20km (12-mile) evacuation zone around the Fukushima nuclear reactor
* Justin McCurry in Tokyo
* guardian.co.uk, Thursday 21 April 2011 05.58 BST

"The move came amid concern over the long-term health risks posed by high levels of accumulated radiation, despite signs of progress in bringing the stricken facility under control."

"The government's chief spokesman, Yukio Edano, urged people living inside the new no-entry zone to abide by the order for the sake of their health.

"The plant is not stable," he told reporters. "We have been asking residents not to enter the area as there is a huge risk to their safety."

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Foddy

And yet at the same time they also issue the following saying that the area is NOT STABLE.
So is this the twilight zone or i guess none of the Embassy's are in this area so that means no troubles big bubbles ????
Obviously can't fault the more sceptical/intelligent ATS people???

Japan declares Fukushima a no-go zone

Under the order, which goes into effect at midnight local time, it will be illegal to enter a 20km (12-mile) evacuation zone around the Fukushima nuclear reactor
* Justin McCurry in Tokyo
* guardian.co.uk, Thursday 21 April 2011 05.58 BST

"The move came amid concern over the long-term health risks posed by high levels of accumulated radiation, despite signs of progress in bringing the stricken facility under control."

"The government's chief spokesman, Yukio Edano, urged people living inside the new no-entry zone to abide by the order for the sake of their health.

"The plant is not stable," he told reporters. "We have been asking residents not to enter the area as there is a huge risk to their safety."

This extract is rather misleading. There has been a 20km exclusion zone since fairly soon after the earthquake (together with another zone between 20 and 30km in which people were recommended to stay inside). However, a lot of people had been ignoring the exclusion and either living in or frequently returning to the 20km exclusion area (there are some interesting BBC documentaries about life in the exclusion zone). The difference is that the government is now going to enforce the exclusion, except that short visits will be allowed to pick up essential documents, and no visits will be allowed within 3km of the nuclear plant.

The full story is here:

www.theaustralian.com.au...

Unsurprisingly there are no foreign embassies within the exclusion area (it would not make a huge amount of sense to have an embassy 150 miles from Tokyo in the middle of the countryside). Meantime, radiation levels are falling widely and in the Tokyo area are now down to around 0.072 microgray/hour, comfortably below those of Hong Kong, Singapore and New York, and now down to less than those in London.

Those intelligent people on ATS of whom you speak should not be so worried (the vast majority in Tokyo certainly ain't!), and those on the US West Coast - still less one in Oklahoma - should not be getting ready to evacuate!.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Foddy

""The plant is not stable," he told reporters. "We have been asking residents not to enter the area as there is a huge risk to their safety." "

You miss this part?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Foddy

""The plant is not stable," he told reporters. "We have been asking residents not to enter the area as there is a huge risk to their safety." "

You miss this part?

Er, no. Where did I suggest that? This 20km exclusion zone has been in place for over a month now (with a further, less-restricted, zone up to 30km) and the US has recommended an 80km zone for further safety (but have now admitted that this was suggested without any actual supporting data, as I have previously mentioned). What we have now is the Japanese government finally - and rather belatedly - deciding to enforce the 20km zone, after finding that voluntary evacuation didn't work. Meantime Radiation levels are falling pretty much everywhere (as you can see on the many Internet sites which follow the readings).

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Foddy

"The plant is not stable," he told reporters

"The biggest reason
for the change
appears to be the more stable
outlook
regarding the
crippled
Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant.

Which is it, more stable or not stable,, 50/50?
maybe 80/20?
Maybe it's not stable at all, you know "Hey Doc is he stable??"
"Naw he's #ed"
That kind of stable?
Or Doc will i ever play the piano agin? kind of stable?
Define stable in a nuclear explosion for me?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Foddy

"The biggest reason
for the change
appears to be the more stable
outlook
regarding the
crippled
Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant.

Which is it, more stable or not stable,, 50/50?
maybe 80/20?
Maybe it's not stable at all, you know "Hey Doc is he stable??"
"Naw he's #ed"
That kind of stable?
Or Doc will i ever play the piano agin? kind of stable?

If we were talking about a 'nuclear explosion', then perhaps I could help you, but here we are not.

Peter Hosemann, a nuclear researcher at the Los Alamos National Lab at the University of California Berkeley, explained the situation as follows in an interview on 30th March:

"Q. Media reports often talk of meltdowns or compare the situation at the Fukushima plant with what occurred at Chernobyl. Is there any chance at all there could be a radiation release on that scale?

A. At Chernobyl there was a nuclear explosion, whereas in this case we don’t have one, so the mechanism distributing radioactive material is on a much more localized scale. Is it a terrible accident? Yes, there’s no doubt about it. But with no nuclear explosion having taken place, it won’t be as dispersed as with Chernobyl."

Full interview here:

the-diplomat.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foddy

reply to post by Foddy

"The biggest reason for the change appears to be the more stable outlook regarding the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant.Which is it, more stable or not stable,, 50/50?
maybe 80/20? Maybe it's not stable at all, you know "Hey Doc is he stable??"
"Naw he's #ed" That kind of stable? Or Doc will i ever play the piano again? kind of stable?

If we were talking about a 'nuclear explosion', then perhaps I could help you, but here we are not.

Peter Hosemann, a nuclear researcher at the Los Alamos National Lab at the University of California Berkeley, explained the situation as follows in an interview on 30th March:

"Q. Media reports often talk of meltdowns or compare the situation at the Fukushima plant with what occurred at Chernobyl. Is there any chance at all there could be a radiation release on that scale?

A. At Chernobyl there was a nuclear explosion, whereas in this case we don’t have one, so the mechanism distributing radioactive material is on a much more localized scale. Is it a terrible accident? Yes, there’s no doubt about it. But with no nuclear explosion having taken place, it won’t be as dispersed as with Chernobyl."

Full interview here:

the-diplomat.com...

Wow, a fluff piece from Los Alamos which is one of two laboratories in the United States where classified work towards the design of nuclear weapons is undertaken. Have you looked at the list of supporters they have? Gee, I guess they would not have a slant on the situation. Your source also has this;

It was announced yesterday that plutonium was found in soil samples near the plant. How worrying is this and what are the implications?

The first question is how sure can we be about those results? If it’s true, this means that fuel and core material is coming out of the reactor and it needs to be established how it got there so further leaking can be avoided.

"The first question is how sure can we be about those results?" Questioning the data does not answer the question of "how worrying is this," wonder why. "it needs to be established how it got there", uh well if it didn't leak, what is the second choice?!? Rats carried it out of the plant? It flew there when the non-explosion tossed it there.

BTW the source is almost a month old now. So much has changed since there.

I have no valid reason to trust that message. This source said the situation had a "more stable" outlook on 3/25.
Q. Has it gotten better since then?
A. Not even slightly. Time line

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well in my case, i didn't want to take the risk and not know when radiation was going to increase in my area, i bought a geiger counter online very easily. They are a few sites but most of them are out of stock, but you can still try those:

www.geigercounterkit.net

www.geigercounter.com

www.nexag.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absum!

Originally posted by Foddy

reply to post by Foddy

"The biggest reason for the change appears to be the more stable outlook regarding the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant.Which is it, more stable or not stable,, 50/50?
maybe 80/20? Maybe it's not stable at all, you know "Hey Doc is he stable??"
"Naw he's #ed" That kind of stable? Or Doc will i ever play the piano again? kind of stable?

Full interview here:

the-diplomat.com...

Wow, a fluff piece from Los Alamos which is one of two laboratories in the United States where classified work towards the design of nuclear weapons is undertaken. Have you looked at the list of supporters they have? Gee, I guess they would not have a slant on the situation. Your source also has this;

It was announced yesterday that plutonium was found in soil samples near the plant. How worrying is this and what are the implications?

The first question is how sure can we be about those results? If it’s true, this means that fuel and core material is coming out of the reactor and it needs to be established how it got there so further leaking can be avoided.

"The first question is how sure can we be about those results?" Questioning the data does not answer the question of "how worrying is this," wonder why. "it needs to be established how it got there", uh well if it didn't leak, what is the second choice?!? Rats carried it out of the plant? It flew there when the non-explosion tossed it there.

BTW the source is almost a month old now. So much has changed since there.

I have no valid reason to trust that message. This source said the situation had a "more stable" outlook on 3/25.
Q. Has it gotten better since then?
A. Not even slightly. Time line

So exactly how many 'nuclear explosions' have there been in the month since this interview? Let me give you a clue. It's the same number as before (if you can call 'zero' a number).

If you are relying on this blatantly incorrect "Time Line", it's going to be difficult to have much of a discussion. At the head of the article, it mentions that it was considered for deletion and I can see why. To take one example (dealing with 22nd April):
"The Japanese government extended the evacuation zone of Fukushima prefecture from a 20 to 50 kilometer radius[citation needed] from the stricken plant"

No, that is completely wrong. It has extended the exclusion zone to certain areas to the northwest of the plant, the furthest of which is about 50 km away. Some other areas immediately outside the 20km zone are not affected. It makes you wonder what sort of people wrote the article and what their agenda is!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Fellas, fellas, fellas, fellas...

Man, this thread was "posted on 14-3-2011 @ 11:39 PM "
In Japan it was 15-3-11 almost noon and it was during Period Three, I was in Home Ec (don't judge me
).
I just went on www.abovetopsecret.com... and decided to share some info on us from Japan because I was worried and felt like getting it out somewhere.

Today it is 8-5-2011, nearly 2 months after I posted that and the earthquake. I just want to tell you guys on what's happening ( in my life right now
)

I'm in the states, in California (it's very ironic, we're also receiving radiation, it just wouldn't leave us alone -_-)
I go to school here now, it's very different than the military on-base schools back in Japan. I must finish the school year here, and then...

go back to Japan. Right when school ends as a matter of fact.

I hope by then things will be fixed, many of the people I know have come back to Japan, or moved from Japan forever. People there are very wishful thinkers and think it's completely safe (it's not)

I'm still deeply worried for the people there, but it could just be my paranoia. I'm doing good here in California, it's nice. Well, as a teenager I like it, my parents do not, well my mom doesn't.

Also, I had an asthma attack today, it is a good thing I was with my Aunt, a doctor who had an inhaler at her house, she quickly drove me and practically saved me, I could not breathe. It was the first asthma attack in my life.

Also, I feel as if I've evolved spiritually, I can see Auras now. I don't know how, but I can always see transparent auras but once I focus I get to see the color.

Well, I just felt it was right to finally reply to this thread after so long, I plan on being active on ATS once again after a HUGE break.

Thanks everyone, my prayers and hopes are returned to everyone

I'll still check this thread time to time, or even make a new one if something were to come up..

I hope Japan's good though, and hope those predictions on it sinking wont happen.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Fellas, fellas, fellas, fellas...

Man, this thread was "posted on 14-3-2011 @ 11:39 PM "
In Japan it was 15-3-11 almost noon and it was during Period Three, I was in Home Ec (don't judge me
).
I just went on www.abovetopsecret.com... and decided to share some info on us from Japan because I was worried and felt like getting it out somewhere.

Today it is 8-5-2011, nearly 2 months after I posted that and the earthquake. I just want to tell you guys on what's happening ( in my life right now
)

I'm in the states, in California (it's very ironic, we're also receiving radiation, it just wouldn't leave us alone -_-)
I go to school here now, it's very different than the military on-base schools back in Japan. I must finish the school year here, and then...

go back to Japan. Right when school ends as a matter of fact.

I hope by then things will be fixed, many of the people I know have come back to Japan, or moved from Japan forever. People there are very wishful thinkers and think it's completely safe (it's not)

I'm still deeply worried for the people there, but it could just be my paranoia. I'm doing good here in California, it's nice. Well, as a teenager I like it, my parents do not, well my mom doesn't.

Also, I had an asthma attack today, it is a good thing I was with my Aunt, a doctor who had an inhaler at her house, she quickly drove me and practically saved me, I could not breathe. It was the first asthma attack in my life.

Also, I feel as if I've evolved spiritually, I can see Auras now. I don't know how, but I can always see transparent auras but once I focus I get to see the color.

Well, I just felt it was right to finally reply to this thread after so long, I plan on being active on ATS once again after a HUGE break.

Thanks everyone, my prayers and hopes are returned to everyone

I'll still check this thread time to time, or even make a new one if something were to come up..

I hope Japan's good though, and hope those predictions on it sinking wont happen.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the update, was wondering how things were going. I used to live in California, the weather is nice. Hope that things are settling down for now.

So you may be headed back to Japan, will any of your friends from school there also be returning?

Pacific Blue

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Anjo. I think I live near where you live.

I hope your parents rethink the situation and make a better decision for your health. I have chosen not to return and subject my children to the threat of disaster. I wish you the best.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Foddy

Ok Foddy, now they are saying that Reactor 1 probably had a nuclear explosion, NOT a hydrogen explosion. This has been our biggest fear, that the worst case scenario facts are slowly coming out, after being lied to all this time...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalBlue
reply to post by Foddy

Ok Foddy, now they are saying that Reactor 1 probably had a nuclear explosion, NOT a hydrogen explosion. This has been our biggest fear, that the worst case scenario facts are slowly coming out, after being lied to all this time...
Really , have you got a link for that breaking news Thanks.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by RoyalBlue
reply to post by Foddy

Really , have you got a link for that breaking news Thanks.

Sorry, here's one of the links I found talking about it.... howthehellshouldiknow-wallyworld.blogspot.com...
Hang on, broken link, let me research a working link....
edit on 13-5-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)
Here, try this one..... www.youtube.com...

And of course we have the new discouraging facts that came to light, from Arnie Gundersen, nuclear physicist vimeo.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Busby's not the only one suggesting that Unit 1 might have been an atomic explosion instead of a hydrogen one.... Arnie Gundersen also made the suggestion in one of his videos a few weeks back too.

The more info that's slowly getting revealed by TEPCO each day, the more I think these guys may have been bang on way back when.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
"Might have been", "probably", "suggestion".

Classic conspiracy theory stuff. And the guy who started this topic is seeing people's auras now? Here's a tip: If you ever go for a job interview, don't mention that.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hey guys, today it's July 25, 2011, 8:20 PM from where I'm at right now as I type this.

As I type this I am in the Philippines, it's been a month since I was here. I was actually supposed to leave on the 16th, but it was a full flight so they offered us an extension, and we took it. A little longer to be away from the radiation. Anyways, tomorrow, we're going to the airport after being in the Philippines after a month. Today marks the month, and we're leaving at about 3AM tomorrow morning. Anyways, I live in a new base in Japan now, not up in Zama or Atsugi which is near Ayase, but near one where there is more water which is more a risk for tsunamis.

More earthquakes have been happening again, after some silence, which is what I am worried about.

As of right now, we're staying with the schedule: Living in Japan for 3 more years.

Yep, 3 moooooore years.

Either my parents change their minds and try to get an "early release" and place us somewhere else other than japan, or I'll be out of here after Highschool and go to college in the states.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join