It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for Radioactive Fallout From Japanese Reactors

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by starshift
I'd rather not add fear into the mix but my mind always tends to probe the future for possible outcomes to current events. If radiation is detected at elevated levels on the West Coast, that will create panic to the populations living in those areas. The agriculture in effected areas would become questionable by consumers which will lead to higher prices and further shortage in supply. If you have people bugging out of one area, those who remain may do stupid things like looting as they would not be prepared. I'd be watching politicians to see if they start heading to South America. They are the canaries to the masses.

Well, 90 year old Rockefeller took his WHOLE family (children AND grandchildren) to India..cough* Himalayan mountians*cough.
Isnt it funny that one of the richest guys in the world, also wheel chair bound..would gather up his entire family and "vacation" in India?
article... s.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-02-27/people/28637732_1_david-rockefeller-commercial-buildings-rockefeller-centre

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I would like info regarding az. I have tried all day to get iodide tablets they are nowhere! I would like to know why thse tablets are so hard to get? If no one expected this why are these gone now??

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by condition9

I'm not sure if the potassium with iodine tablets are the same but I found some at a vitamin shop. The online suppliers are not large businesses. I tried a local survival supply store on Saturday morning and they had sold out Friday before.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Don't forget the duct tape and toilet paper!, i wonder how long the Japanese people will last stuck with no place to go under the fallout?,i hope they didn't escape the Tsunami just to die of starvation and sickness stuck at work or at home,i wish i could help :/

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by condition9
I would like info regarding az. I have tried all day to get iodide tablets they are nowhere! I would like to know why thse tablets are so hard to get? If no one expected this why are these gone now??

I have read an article .. that their entire stock were saled rapidly to americans getting very scare

for me .. i didnt take the H1N1 flu shot
same for the iodide tablets

but im not in the West coast .. im on the East coast

good luck finding them

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have two bottles left..i'll sell them to you for 500 bucks a piece..next day shipping!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Iodine drops are great for water purification, it makes sense to have some around

Hey Ben there a couple reactors just up wind of you and they are on the new madrid fault

I'm surrounded by them here in Onterrible

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
don't forget to stock up on fresh water now, so you're not getting into contaminated water later

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
would it make sense to cover-over garden planting areas? i think so, at least until the worst of it blows over.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Oh noes they built nuke reactors on the coast facing the pacific...WTH were they thinking!!!!eleventyone!!!1111!!!

One might ask the same about all the reactors on the east coast of America, but I wont since that would be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally silly of me.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Dont try to scare people lol, just get informed, not from the news lol, nobody is in any danger except for the people in japan themselves, so have a good positive vibe, and plz stop trying to scare us lol.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hey guys, would you believe that this ol' country boy is married to a cancer research administrator? She is also on our states emergency medical assistance team, and she has done consulting work for the DHS and the CDC in Atlanta, and she is on the "call list" at the White House. Oddly enough, she has been putting together a presentation on fighting biologicals and radiation detox for an upcoming "exercise" this summer in conjunction with the DHS, 82nd Airborne, NC Baptist Mens Disaster Response, and FEMA.

Here is what we are going to do and I suggest you do too...I have already told family and friends....

- Get plastic and duct tape now...big rolls can be bought at your agriculture supply store. Use to cover all of your windows/ doors and also pick a porch or entry way and create a decontamination room or cubicle..outside of the doorway/entry...there you will remove the clothes you have on and put in a plastic bag...wear old clothes as these will be buried later

- Stock up on any supplies you may need...water, foodstuffs, medicines...once word gets out...will go quickly

- Make plans to accommodate animals/pets...we will keep all our livestock in the barn andstall up....wrap the barn in plastic....our dogs come inside with us and a few select cats....

NOTE: The biggest threat is radioactive dust...inhaled or on items....go outside as little as possible

- When you have to go out...do so limited times and short whiles...then go to decontamination cubicle on porch and strip...put clothes in trash bag...come in and immediately shower...

- I do garden and have big gardens started...I am STOPPING all planting until this is over....probably/ hopefully by April 15th

- Generally, the radioactive dust breaks down rapidly after about 3-5 days...so for the west coast...March 19-20 is critical for you...this should bring the initial wave of fallout...for the east coast of US...March 22-23. With the developements and critical breakdowns in Japan...this could potentially last for about a month....

- So...we have about a week to ten days to prepare

*** Look out for any pretext/ excuse /event on the west coast to eveacuate...or nothing at all....this will be a sign unto you. My wife was on alert from DHS that she might need to go to Japan with the rest of her team...that has been cancelled as she may be needd here at home...that should tell you something.

Good Luck.... time to get to know whomever you have faith in... for me it's God.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Are we sure any of the fallout will even reach us? I am all about being prepared and doing things proactively, but I do not think any of us have enough info yet in order to make an educated or informed decision. Then if it should come our way, what is the half-life of what reaches us? If we were to get covered in it and the stuff has a 200 year half-life, covering our houses does not do us very much good.

edit on 15-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

No we don't...on the other hand, stock up now...because when you findout for sure...you won't be able to buy plastic ...most inventories are shelf based with one day on hand. Further, if nothing happens...I would love to have to take down the plastic off of my porch and laugh at myself....on the other hand, try hanging plastic with fallout in the air.

This is why I said pay attention to the west coast...they won't have the benefit of a 48 hr notice like the eastcoast.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Great information............I know there are so many threads here on this topic........but your information is right on key........Copy and paste and start a new thread with your info for all to see

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Better safe thansorry....im off to the lumber yard for a roll of polly now.....
Thanks for the tip....a hudredbucks is cheep isuranc....maybe stop at the wallymart for a couple cases fo bottled water.hmmmmm?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Stop typing with your nose!^^

Anyhoo,does anyone know how much of the radioactive "stuff" in the powerplants is needed to achieve critical mass?Nobody else appears to have asked this yet.....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthedoubter

Potassium Iodide is actualy still available on a bunch of websites ...I mean a bunch just not on websites like nukemeds, and other survival sites ....if you want em they are all over herbal sites i ordered some two days ago as well as today.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Are we safe in Europe?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Fear mongering? Have you ever researched Chernobyl and the effects that are still going on TODAY? I'd say it's something to be worried about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join