It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for Radioactive Fallout From Japanese Reactors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

Originally posted by SANTA CLAWS

Proof

Sources

Yes, I too would like a source for this Ben. And btw, you guys need to calm down for a moment and accept the possibility this could be real. It's not always fear mongering.

There is a Link above that source this article
i found it very interesting
since many news are only fearmongering without giving people some sort of advices
they only throw us manipulated news that always sound bad news
the preparation should take place now .. not at the maximum level but just has a precaution
before its to late
if you dont want to move .. do it for the childrens sake
they sure will be exposed in the long term ..

If we start seeing the north japan being evacuated to the south than its going bad and it will reach the american west coast

side note :
hope my grammar was okay in that post ... probably not LOL

learning english at 15 when you are a french canadian .. its hard

my accent is worst than my writting skills

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
before you start taping up your windows, you might want to read up on how chernobyl affected europe.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The information about those reactors and whats really going on is all very confusing Isn't it? Two experts on the BBC 24 news today both gave widely varying views on whats happening. One from Newcastle University said it was nothing to worry about while another expert pretty much scared the crap out of me.. He thought there was a cover up as he wondered why nobody had hovered a helicopter over the reactor and looked down to see if the core was exposed. He reckoned it could be far worse than Chernobyl !
When the experts can't even agree how are we ever supposed to make a judgement? I guess you'll know who is right when your hair starts falling out and you feel ill.
I hope for the sake of the Americans on the West coast that this Isn't going to be as bad as forthold by some that have appeared on television.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
reply to post by Ben81

I'd suggest you look at the charts showing fallout throughout the U.S. after all the above ground nuclear tests in Nevada in the 1950's.

You made me remember this video

look at all the dot ... right now we would all be dead if the radiation from those bomb where such of a concern

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I am not one for fear mongering.

But reality checks in. This is unprecedented !

Japan PM just saying that there's a very high risk of further release of radioactive material. CNN live now!

I think that the governments (all of them) always downplay the risks within the medias. So just how bad is it?

How bad will it get?

To hope for the best but prepare for the worst is the best advice right now.

Seems to me that it's just common sense.

S&F.

Edit to add: Breaking News - Radiation increased to levels that can "impact human health" . People within a 30km (19 miles) radius should stay indoors.

edit on 14-3-2011 by SonoftheSun because: added info as it comes in...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There is not much a person can do.
move......quik
or
a couple feet of dirt over your head for a couple thousand years....
might as well go for the old dirtnap right off the hop

I have heard of soldeirs irradiated in Iraq having to put condoms filled with frozen peas in their wifes happy place after sex to ease the burning from the irradiated sperm....
that was written after the soldiers death by his wife who later died as did their daughter too....

ginseng helps recover from mild radiation over doses
i don't know what you would do if you have taken contamination into your body.
live well while you can....

did I mention it is against terrosm laws to scare the public with the truth.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is an instance where we must demand the truth. I understand a few things need to be taken into account. Like why the Japanese government has not been very forthcoming with info, I do not blame them, I would have done the same in the same circumstances. However, knowing this, they must also realize that when it became evident that they had lost control and no hopes of regaining it, they should have came clean, as the effects may affect places other than Japan. Now, the US government should take it upon themselves to do what ever it takes to find out what we are dealing with. It all depends on what type of isotopes are released and how long they last, it is still possible that the worst stuff was contained and only the weaker half-life stuff escaped. This is why I think it is time for the US government to take it upon ourselves to find out what the truth is and what we are dealing with, by any means necessary; after asking them one more time.

If the US government does have it, they better start letting us know. If they do not have the info, get it, and tell us as soon as they have it. We must have full disclosure on this, and nothing less.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ok, well that article doesn't even say how they know radiation is heading towards the US, and as far as I can tell it can't be confirmed yet. However, it seems one plant is now on fire and NHK is telling people to stay indoors apparently. I'm not saying you are wrong Ben, I think you are right, and this is going to be a big problem, I'm just looking for confirmation, rather than guesses and theories.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
GE built much of the gear that just blew up
just like much of the gear in the US.
one of those reactors was using weapons grade from russian dismantled weapons .

that is going to be a real bitch

They are telling the peeps to stay indoors where there is little to no potection from radiation which means that there is contamination in the streets which staying indoors is some small protection from.
"contamination" irradiates as opposed to "radiation" wich is emitted from a contaminated source...

Dont talk to me about GE .. my first dish washer was GE and after 2 months the valve broke and it made a nasty water mess .. even the carpet in my room was all soaken wet

GE is cheap made from low cost material
we have the proof now

is there other GE nuclear plants around ?? they should be shut down

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
reply to post by Ben81

Ok, well that article doesn't even say how they know radiation is heading towards the US, and as far as I can tell it can't be confirmed yet. However, it seems one plant is now on fire and NHK is telling people to stay indoors apparently. I'm not saying you are wrong Ben, I think you are right, and this is going to be a big problem, I'm just looking for confirmation, rather than guesses and theories.

Dandones have more expertise than me on that mather
he his official the nuclear expert of ATS

i just hope if this article were to be true .. the US government wont waste a second to evacuate

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hey, my Tarot cards say the west coast of the US might just get a chance to find out in the next couple of days...
so cal
I hope there aren't any reactors in the cards...

What should have been done is never to have opened Pandoras Box

I think that this time the biggest problem is in Japan but every reactor could be the next.
and what are we going to do with the waste?
containment 40 years
half life 5000 years
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say take an iodine suppliment but that only works for a very small slice of radiations and then not so much in the over forty crowd

The people who created this mess should take a lead suppliment, ( or at least a steel toe suppository ) but that is only preventative and won't fix the damage done.

PS
Your too kind Ben
If I have to ask, I ask my step bro...the only civil engineer in Canada to make the transition to nuclear...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ben,
Thanks for helpful link..S&Fs!
This link below shows the current GOES ifrared and visible pictures of whole Pacific region.
Of cource, the radiation cloud isn't visibile but the jet stream sure is there for pepple to make plans and decisions with best info.
I am in Orange County so it looks fine at this stage.
West Pacific
www.goes.noaa.gov...
East Pacific region click GOES West pictures
www.goes.noaa.gov...

edit on 14-3-2011 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Update:

They now say that the radius to evacuate people around the nuclear plant is 30 km
before it was 20km

this is far from being enought ..
100 km minimum would be "safer"

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
before you start taping up your windows, you might want to read up on how chernobyl affected europe.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc133807fbc0.jpg[/atsimg]

You have to remember..there was only ONE reactor,and was completely contained.. completely different scenario and these are burning MOX ..4 are now burning in Japan..OP is right on.

sorry a lil bit o' the pic got cut off..oh well..you can still see what it say

edit on 14-3-2011 by Yummy Freelunch because: cuz im a dork

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Since we dont have those kind of nuclear catastrophe very often
i was hoping that Chernobyl would be far worst than whats happening with the Japan reactors

i didnt realise that it was only 1 reactor from Chernobyl ..
now we have 4 having a complete meltdown

soon we will all have masks like they have in China

thanks for this bad news confirming the inevitable

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The last couple of nights Anderson Cooper's second hour was live instead of being a repeat as it usually is. This was due to his being on scene in Japan covering the story. Now with the reactor #4 explosion, it doesn't surprise me that tonight hour two of his show is a repeat of the 10pm to 11pm live broadcast.

I think they're getting the hell out of there.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

During the live broadcast........the doc did bail......"headed to higher ground" if I remember correctly was the comment by cooper

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Since we dont have those kind of nuclear catastrophe very often
i was hoping that Chernobyl would be far worst than whats happening with the Japan reactors

i didnt realise that it was only 1 reactor from Chernobyl ..
now we have 4 having a complete meltdown

soon we will all have masks like they have in China

thanks for this bad news confirming the inevitable

Yes.,.I was also hoping it would have been a Chernobyl-type event.

Unfortunately..it looks a tad bit worse. The accident at Chernobyl was almost fully contained within the reactor building, though..so it IS different than today's scenario. The Chernobyl disaster happened in a relatively unpopulated area, but the Fukushima nuclear plant is only about 150 miles from Tokyo, which has a metropolitan population of more than 35 million people.
There were 4 reactors, actually, the 5th was almost completed when this happened.

The V.I. Lenin Nuclear Power Station (Russian: Чернобыльская АЭС им. В.И.Ленина) as it was known during the Soviet times, consisted of four reactors of type RBMK-1000, each capable of producing 1000 megawatts of electric power (3.2 GW of thermal power), and the four together produced about 10% of Ukraine's electricity at the time of the accident.

en.wikipedia.org...

Units 3 and 4 were second generation units, where as units 1 and 2 were first generation units (like those in operation at Kursk Nuclear Power plant). Second generation RBMK designs were fitted with a more secure accident localization system, as can be seen in pictures. It is fortunate that the accident happened in a second generation unit, as if it had happened in a first generation unit it could have been even more devastating. Today, many countries that were in the former USSR have been paid money from the EU to shut down such first generation units, as they pose a threat to the environment.

And..here's some more..sorry for all the quotes..rofl

On April 26, 1986, an accident occurred at Unit 4 of the nuclear power station at Chernobyl, Ukraine, in the former USSR. The accident, caused by a sudden surge of power, destroyed the reactor and released massive amounts of radioactive material into the environment.
To stop the fire and prevent a criticality accident as well as any further substantial release of fission products, boron and sand were poured on the reactor from the air. In addition, the damaged unit was entombed in a temporary concrete "sarcophagus," to limit further release of radioactive material.
Control measures to reduce radioactive contamination at and near the plant site included cutting down and burying a pine forest of approximately 1 square mile.
The three other units of the four-unit Chernobyl nuclear power station were subsequently restarted. The Soviet nuclear power authorities presented an initial report on the accident at an International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) meeting in Vienna, Austria, in August 1986. After the accident, access to the area in a 30-kilometer (18-mile) radius around the plant was closed, except for persons requiring official access to the plant and to the immediate area for evaluating and dealing with the consequences of the accident and operation of the undamaged units. The population evacuated from the most heavily contaminated areas numbered approximately 116,000 in 1986 and another 230,000 people in subsequent years (Source: UNSCEAR 2000, IAEA 2005).

www.nrc.gov... g.html

Oh..and also..the Chernobyl disaster happened because of a power surge..NOT a 9.0 EQ..and several after that..these reactors were build to handle an EQ of a much smaller magnitude..this is an historic event!

Anyway..there are some facts..so you know I didnt make it up

edit on 14-3-2011 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well plausible or not .. we CANT downplay the chance of having the radiation coming on our side

Poor Japanese .. its the third time now they suffer radiation catastrophe that will kill many in the futur

when they launched the 2 nuke on the Japanese .. they didnt bother of the jet stream wind ??
but now they bother ..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/287fbb5b703d.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

'Worst-case scenario' could send nuclear cloud across Pacific
30,000ft winds would carry radioactive material across the ocean
U.S.S. Ronald Reagan hit by month's radiation in just one hour
Japanese reactors are very similar to 23 in America

Fears that America could be hit by the nuclear fallout from the Japan earthquake dramatically increased today after the reactor hit by the tsunami went into 'meltdown'.
Officials revealed fuel rods are melting inside three damaged reactors at the Fukushima plant, triggering fears of a serious radiation leak.

Scientists in the U.S. warned today of a 'worst-case scenario' in which the highly radioactive material could be blasted into the atmosphere and blown towards the West Coast of America.
They said it could be picked up by powerful 30,000ft winds, carrying the debris across the Pacific and hitting America within four days.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'd rather not add fear into the mix but my mind always tends to probe the future for possible outcomes to current events. If radiation is detected at elevated levels on the West Coast, that will create panic to the populations living in those areas. The agriculture in effected areas would become questionable by consumers which will lead to higher prices and further shortage in supply. If you have people bugging out of one area, those who remain may do stupid things like looting as they would not be prepared. I'd be watching politicians to see if they start heading to South America. They are the canaries to the masses.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join