It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA within days will run out of money!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

That's OK in the US, But everywhere else we prefer harsh words!!

Soooo bags of staples, a sack of G&S, and a sharp pointy stick will have to suffice!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Im in the UK 9mm is a bit hard to get hold of, unless you have a license. So I have a nice compound bow and some home made arrows
Plus an assortment of other throwing things, knives axes. I shall try and avoid people when it all goes down. Have a decent anount of food medicine ect stored for myself. plus Ive been prepping/training for this exact scenario.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I do hope you're right.
I hate weapons, but i know how they work.
Learn Kung-Fu, i've been at it for 2 years & it will solve most domestic problems

Plus it keeps you fit.
The big difference this time is, we will ALL be in the same #, so it's help each other or die.
Yes, i can see the 'survivalist' point of view, but we can't let it degrade into barbarism, if you shoot someone for their food, it might get you through a few more days, what then? What if the person you shot was a farmer? Then you've just killed off your only hope.......
On a lighter note, did you read the post from Guy fawkes Mulder in the OP's link?
Here's a piece of it;

What is happening right now is destruction of the sources of energy and food vital to the world economy that supports the very lives of the world's 7 billion people. HAARP, Machiavellian political machinations, and of course divide-and-conquer manipulations of the peasant population are just some of the maneuvers. The point is to cause widespread chaos and death, on scales yet unseen in history. The video of explosions at Japanese a nuclear reactor looks at this preliminary point to me as if it was bombed to guarantee the loss of Japanese energy independence (HAARP was the primary weapon used against the nuke plants, but the bombs were triggered to seal the deal). (One of the NWO's sine qua non spheres of influence is its hegemonic dominance of energy via oil and the suppression of free energy technologies.)

Now i still think it was a disaster waiting to happen, just like L.A. Maybe it was helped along?i don't believe the bombs part.
No real proof at this point, but the rest of it makes sense, they could be going for an 'all or nothing' world coup, before we can get organized. The economic downfall of the U.S. closely followed by the rest of the world would certainly speed things up a bit.
And i was so much looking forward to my pension, too

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I agree, likely they will do QE3, even though QE2 hasn't run its course yet.

The whole economy is built on a currency supported by a deck of cards.

What's interesting to me is that despite several 150 point + drops in the market since the big 2008 crash, no one has been talking about a market correction of significance. Now, ALL the major networks are suddenly talking about a "significant market correction" happening soon, or perhaps this is the beginning of the correction.

I've been saying ever since the 2008 crash that this was a self perpetuating media driven recession (ie, enough media say we're going into a recession, then businesses will start laying people off to prepare for the recession, and cause the recession). The same thing is happening here. If enough media say that the market is going to undergo a correction, then people will sell stock in preparation for the "market correction" and the market will drop with all the selling for no reason other than people listen to the news.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty

Im in the UK 9mm is a bit hard to get hold of, unless you have a license. So I have a nice compound bow and some home made arrows
Plus an assortment of other throwing things, knives axes. I shall try and avoid people when it all goes down. Have a decent anount of food medicine ect stored for myself. plus Ive been prepping/training for this exact scenario.

Even WITH a license a 9mm is hard to get hold of in the UK.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It's extremely arrogant to assume that you're going to survive something that will wipe out billions of people.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Positive attitude works wonders!!

I thought that handguns were banned in the UK ( I know you CAN get them), but for example, they were only allowed to be used and stored in registered shooting clubs??

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Its better than laying down and dying. I will try my best to survive and if I can help others? Then I will. I personally think that its all been arranged to unfold as they ` the so called elite` planned. Who knows what the future will bring? I hope and pray that Im wrong. How ever looking arround the world at the state of things. I doubt it. Im still not to sure about this incoming what ever, planet x ect. They have not been building DUMBs and seed banks for nothing and we the ordinary man in the street, will be the last to find out. As we are just useless eaters to those in control.
Yes you are right on that Jakius

edit on 15-3-2011 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The whole global economy is a Ponzi scheme. They can only inject so many trillions of dollars of fiat currency into the system to keep it going. About time it all crumbled I suppose.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You're right. And those gun licenses are extremely hard to get hold of as you have to jump through hoops to get one. Police checks, hidden gun cabinets with built in locks, twive yearly visits from the police, etc. I've got a 150lb draw crossbow and an extremely powerful air rifle made by Weihrauch... However, I don't think we'll reach a point where we are actively fighting each other, or protecting ourselves from some unseen enemy. If that ever happened here in Blighty the governments gestapo (the army and police) would have no shooting anyone who dared stand up to them...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Found this interesting tidbit this afternoon amongst another article... interesting how there was no other mention of it and it just "coincidentally" happens the day the Fed goes broke....

www.foxbusiness.com...

Trading in the U.S. was particularly volatile, with the Dow making 100 points moves in either direction mere minutes. The VIX, commonly seen as a gauge of fear in stock markets, surged 19% to its highest level since August. The New York Federal Reserve had to restart its asset-buying program due to the extreme volatility, sources told the FOX Business Network.

They couldn't wait the week until the auctions, they ran out of money and had to do something right away... what better way to cover their asses than to make it look like it was the Tokyo stock market that caused it as a result of the earthquake.

Could they be any more obvious about it? I'm surprised I caught that little blurb because I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else yet....

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

As the saying goes "never let a good crisis go to waste".

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

THATS GOOD STUFF!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
this is the beggining of US falldown- it starts with rising gas prices, then the cost of everything goes up, then the dollar is dissolved then there is Riots, protests, and perhaps a civil war

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
this is the beggining of US falldown- it starts with rising gas prices, then the cost of everything goes up, then the dollar is dissolved then there is Riots, protests, and perhaps a civil war

yep...the dollar has just hit a 3 year low since the near collapse in 2008, QE isn't working anymore. Time to strap up and stock up.

Dollar Index-DXY
edit on 19-3-2011 by djtek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Chances are the feds will do something stupid like just create it from thin air like they have done in the past, or maybe they will opt to take a page from California's playbook and start issuing IOUs. At this point neither action would surprise me with the way the government has been dealing with things lately, looks like its time to gas up the BOV and make sure the gear is all squared away.

Actually as it happens, the FED just dropped $79 Billion on the Treasury from their profits....

www.bloomberg.com...

Nice eh?

edit on 24-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It is coming... FAST.

One week from today, all hell will break loose.

As Adjusted Monetary Base Rises By Half A Trillion In 2011, Treasury Runs Out Of Debt Ceiling Delay Measures

Something very notable happened today receiving exactly zero recognition by the mainstream press: the process of winding down the Supplementary Financing Program ended, with either zero (assuming the entire $25 billion in 56 Day CMB matured without rolling) or $5 billion (as per the Treasury's disclosure), remaining under the SFP. This means that the entire $200 billion buffer that had previously afforded the Treasury breathing room with the looming debt ceiling, is now gone, and next steps include such drastic measures as a partial or complete government shutdown, as no incremental funding will be available to fund the daily deficit. As a reminder, as of today the Treasury had a total of $12.24 trillion in debt, just $70 billion below the ceiling, and $14.172 of debt subject to the limit. Which is not good because as per today's refunding announcement there is $99 billion in 2, 5 and & 7 year debt coming down the line next week. Which means that while the formal debt ceiling will not be breached, the total amount of debt including the fluff not counted, will surpass $12.4 trillion by next Friday.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So, What does all of this mean. Is it for sure that the US gov will be completely broke and have to shut down. Or will they just bail themselves out even more?

Another good question is. Will this effect Canada in any way, and if so how will it effect Canada?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Is it for sure that the US gov will be completely broke and have to shut down. Or will they just bail themselves out even more?

Well it seems congress is very likely to not make it in time and raise the debt ceiling... so we could see the government closing. (which would be good)

If they raise the debt ceiling, that means that Bernanke, the insane guy, will go ahead with QE3, which will create even more hyperinflation and probably end up with a downgrade of US credit rating. Not to mention the chaos in the bond market.

Either way, America is reaching a dead end financially. There's no way out, not with those in power right now.

Will this effect Canada in any way, and if so how will it effect Canada?

Yes. Badly. Half of Canada's GDP is exports, and 90%+ of those exports go to the US. So when this crashes to the ground, the economy of Canada crashes to the ground.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That's what I thought! Looks like all my preparing is going to pay off! Wish that It never came to that but in order for things to change and get better..... We will all have to go through some rough times ahead.

I've heard that we should all watch the EU. When it crashes, the US will be 2 weeks away from doing the same thing and every other country in the world will have the same thing happen in similar ways.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join