It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA within days will run out of money!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
reply to post by playswithmachines

You can't eat silver, grow things with it, take game with it or stop bleeding with it; most of the people likely to invest in silver and gold have piles of money sitting around that they want to protect but the average citizen would be wasting resources going after precious metals that have little practical use.

You cant eat paper money eather but people still hold on to it like its worth something. How can something that can be printed to infinity and beond be worth anything?

Of course you get all the guns, ammo, food, water, and all that good stuff first. once your good with your supplys put the rest in silver and gold

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Er, you mean Fort Knox?
Been in there lately, have you?
Is it still full?
They've already printed more dollars than every American man, woman & child would earn in the next 50 years.
How the hell are they going to pay that back

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Metal-based currency was good for 1000's of years, & then some creep invented credit

Since then it's all gone wrong.
We will need a basic exchange commodity, after the collapse, metals will do just fine. Enough until we get onto a Resource based economy.
When i said 'buy silver' i didn't mean SHARES, i meant buy silver & gold to make coins with.
Copper's going through the roof as well

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by trisvonbis

"Do not worry, printers are working full blast 24/7," quote.

Correct. They call it quantitive easing... Its a huge con as it just devalues your currency even further and starts a ever decreasing spiral downward towards financial collapse. Once trapped in that spiral its virtually impossible to escape.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

you are correct but your missing the picture here. please read my full OP. the FEDs cant give the goverment new printed money until there are bonds to buy. no bonds no fake printed money
edit on 14-3-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

So? They must be busy printing bonds right now

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
And you know what?

Congress is in recess next week and Obama is heading to South America.... Yeah this will totally end well when America hits the debt ceiling and defaults.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Interesting article talking about this subject on March 7. cnsnews.com...

It looks like we are only 2-3 months away from default no matter what we do -- unless, of course, the debt ceiling is lifted... again.

edit on 3-14-2011 by rogerstigers because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And you know what?

Congress is in recess next week and Obama is heading to South America.... Yeah this will totally end well when America hits the debt ceiling and defaults.

our congress is a joke and the Obama is to. there fighting over 40 billion in cuts. thats nothing we owe 14+ trillion. Thats like me owing you $1,400 and i give you $4. would you be ok with that? Thats our budget

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Oops!, just got 404'd on that one (looks like they removed it)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
About a month ago it was looking like the 24th or 26th was going to be the day, sounds like spending has been up knowing some SHTF is going to happen. As for how much it is hard to say but some have been preparing for it for a while. Perhaps some accountability to the corruption may take place, maybe the poor just keep on getting poorer, maybe someone pulls another rabbit out of the hat at the economy goes further into fairy land, maybe complete anarchy with another false flag to divert attention or it is just business as usual as the government does even more accounting with the red pen rather than the black one.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This might be a stupid question, but when you say the fed is printing money, are they actually printing paper money or just generating "virtual money". Why print it?
edit on 14-3-2011 by strato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by playswithmachines

Oops!, just got 404'd on that one (looks like they removed it)

Nope, it's there.. I just munged the link.. Fixed now.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by strato
This might be a stupid question, but when you say the fed is printing money, are they actually printing paper money or just generating "virtual money". Why print it?

It's virtual money. "Printing" is an analogy. Basically, as I understand it, the fed worker tasked with buying the bonds simply creates a Fed account in the computer system, enters a starting balance and clicks save. At that point, money is created from thin air and a few keystrokes. This money is then used to buy bonds and the like and thus introduce this imaginary money into the system.

As for printing presses, yeah, they are always running, but basically just to replace currency that is lost or removed from circulation due to wear.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by strato

Its a great question, its a combo of both. only the FED's "Federal Reserve Bank" A.K.A privet bank, can print or add money in the virtual money system. i would In courage you to look more into the FED’s. you will be scared with what you will find.

Long story short. They are a privet bank with the authority to print money at will and give it to there failing buddies. Aka too big to fail

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Ok read it, billions here, there ,all bits of bloody paper at the end of the day.
Like the article said they would have to ask Obama to increase the debt......

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=166670
edit on 14-3-2011 by playswithmachines because: Found this sticker

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The bond markets are only part of it. The plunge protection team can manipulate market with out even reporting it to the SEC. The Presidents Working Group on Finance works with the Fed to pour money into equities and bonds without any oversight. These people are way too smart, and way too involved to let the dollar collapse without them deciding. The dollar will fall, but it will not be this week. It should be a point of concern how unstable the whole ponzi scheme economy is.

All these people always say that you can't eat silver. Ok. Where else you gonna put your money? Equities? T Bonds? Real Estate? It is good to have a little food, but to not invest in PMs is foolish.

Your gonna sit around, and wait for your dollars to become worthless? Yes, if society collapses we are all in trouble. Realistically, the dollar will decline over a period of YEARS. This means inflation will occur, but hyperinflation may not. It is highly unlikely that one week markets are normal, and then the next the world turns crazy.

Even at all time highs I would still buy pms because everything else is worse.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It's not just Obama, though. He can only sign the law. Congress has to write it, vote on it, and pass it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Personally, we don't need a currency. I think humanity should be better without a capitalist type venture, as it will lead to the situation we reside in now more or less. The elite will still have control, and the common-folk like us will be left with nothing.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

i agree with you but there is just way to many balls in the air right now. i dont know how they can keep up with out dropping one, i think this cash flow problem might be one of them they over looked

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join