It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA within days will run out of money!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

They don't just print money. The federal reserve decides on the money supply and buys treasury bonds from banks. "Buying" the bonds basically means typing into a keyboard and electronically transferring, let's say a billion dollars. Then the bank has a billion dollars to lend out into the economy all the while collecting interest on this new money.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
If you think the Govt is going to run out of funding you are sorely mistaken as we have more then enough money held in reserve to handle matters like this.

Source please? 2 cents of gold in reserve for every dollar.
2nd line.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by directrKAB

i understand this, but there are no bonds to sale this week and the goverment has about a days worth of money left

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
its just like monopoly
This is when USA spits the dummy and knocks the board over in a hissy fit.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

The only way out would be to leave the dollar alone for all international holders outside of the US, and raise a new currency within the US for all holders here. Basically keep both currencies, but American citizens would be able to redeem Fed Notes 1-1 for whatever new currency, and the international holders would have to eat a 25% or more loss of value on the current dollar. This is the only way I see the Fed being able to continue their scheme and not bring about full revolution in the streets.

The only way out is to eliminate the need for money on a planetary basis...and to do that we need the energy extraction methods presently in black ops.

We should come together as one and demand this. See my previous post for the two threads linked in my sig showing what it would look like.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Time to distract the public from the issue. Fire up the HAARP array and point it at a faultline!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I think many of you dont understand that global debt-bubble is about to burst.
Global debt must increase all the time to keep this party going. If it doesnt increase, it crashes!
Now they print money ass hell to keep this going. For example:
Ireland central bank has funded their banks woth 50 billion and now those banks in trouble are allowed to fund them selfs, literally making money for them out of thin air. US. is printing money as QE, Japan now announced that they pump worth 100 buillion dollars to market for the disaster. China printed money as they have tied it to dollar.

So everyone please get ready, this is gonna effect us all.
This is global this time, there is no safe fiat currency atm. Only gold and silver and food and everything you own has value.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Maybe Obama can just borrow 14 trillion dollars from the treasury again in an IOU?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Sorry OP, here's how it really goes down. Fed announces that they are going to buy treasuries. Goldman Sachs hears about this and buys treasuries before the fed can. Goldman then sells treasuries to the fed for a "small" fee. Everybody's happy!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Silver's a good deal right now, down to 34. Might pick up a another few hundred ounces today. Or another few hundred pounds of rice. Hard to say which one is going to be worth more.

With Pimco bailing and the Japanese not buying for the next, oh, million years, we got ourselves a big problem that I suspect is going to be solved with ropes and tree limbs in the fairly near future.

Although, I suspect that since the land of the rising sun needs cash there will be a bond to use as trade to obtain cash to float the dollar for a little while longer so the (insert your favorite country here) can purchase said bonds which the Fed will use to magically buy back for the long awaited QE3 in an astounding, convoluted bond for money for thin air swap. This of course will culminate with the Bernanke appearing in committee for the required "nothing to see here, move along" that the MSM will wipe their brows over and say "whew".

Link

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I am not an economist however I would say looking at it logically you would want to buy NOW what ever you thought you would buy with your silver if and when TSHTF. Why do you want go have silver first and food last? BUY THE NECESSITIES NOW. Then invest in silver. Because if I have to give up a pound of rice to take from my family's table I might just see it worth a pound of silver and if you are hungry you might so too. If you got a crazy hyena kind of idea I might just fill your belly with a pound of copper coated lead. Chances are though I would give you a bowl of rice and beans and a cup of tea and probably send you on your way. 1st TIME!!! Of you are an ATSer and not a troll I would give you 2 and 1 for your journey prolly some water too. If you were troll I prolly package and sell you for silver or lead.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Well this should be good news for all those who want a reduced federal government. No money? OK start cutting legs off the octopus. Let's start by eliminating DHS and TSA. These two are particularly offensive and unnecessary. I'll drink to that!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
If you think the Govt is going to run out of funding you are sorely mistaken as we have more then enough money held in reserve to handle matters like this.

Not if the Nikei crashes at the same time.
Have you not seen? Japanese are leaving Tokyo ???
The US Dollar cannot use the FED or the YEN
to stabilize itself. And the Petro Dollar is on
it's heels. China will not loan to us anymore
seems we are too fat in the finance department
and can't pay our bills and our loan rating
has dropped.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Gold is currently crashing through the floor
5 mins to NY COMEX Open

If it continues slide. there is a mass sell off going on, people dumping contracts. trying to support the USD I would say.

If Japan is dumping for cash, and it doesn't get bought as US is broke!

Watch the USDX

If it retreats below 70.00 I would say (from my lay point of view)

TSWHTF Bigtime!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well if the SHTF dont you think that any one who wants your gold/silver, will just come and take it? I`ve heard of that happening in the past. Think it was in the states. Im in the UK so im not 100% on that point. But if it was me Id be buying food/supplys rather than gold.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Just passed $1390 heading fast for $1380

Serious sell off in progress.

Shorting gold to support USD

Are Japan selling bonds????????

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Go to Bush and ask him for of the oil and defence shares that they favoured so much during the recent wars....

How much money have the defence contractors made in the past 8 - 10 years huh

Perhaps it's time for them to give something back......

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Could the US have an earthquake machine!?!? This just in! All commodities down this morning.

TORONTO - The Canadian dollar was down more than two cents Tuesday morning as an escalating nuclear crisis in Japan roiled currency and equity markets around the world.

The dollar fell 2.25 cents to 100.57 cents US.

Analyst John Curran at CanadianForex says that the U-S dollar is benefitting the most this morning with players seeking safe haven in treasuries as what is being termed a "demand destructive event" threatens global growth.

Interesting that the US dollar is benefitting the most...even gold went down.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
To hear many tell it, its not real money anyway, it never has been. I have read a lot lately about the dollar being worth less and less, and eventually nothing. It has happened in other countries with their own currency it could easily happen here too. Especially with how bad things are with the Japan tragedy. Everyone says a one world currency would be NWO but wouldn't it also have the chance to stablize the world economy as we would all be on equal footing with what our money was worth? We are reaching a time in history when money is not as important as people being well, fed, and sheltered not controlled, corrupted and as it were, bankrupted.No economist here by a long shot, but someone brought up this point to me the other day who is really good with things like this.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Buy some lead, too. Preferably 9mm

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join