It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage of new eruption in Japan. Haunting yet captivating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
My word Japan is going through some changes!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
You would think they had enough to worry about over there without this, so unfair!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Never underestimate the power of....

Earth

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
You would think they had enough to worry about over there without this, so unfair!

It looks like it erupted in January and Febuary as well so hopefully it will just subside an go dormant for some more years.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Unfortunately, chain events are of epic proportions when the first even is of epic proportion. That's too genius not to share.

Anyway, great find OP. You can literally see debris exploding/popping/shooting up and out from gradual blasts or explosions coming from it all.

If I were there, I wouldn't hang around waiting for something more jaw-dropping than the footage we all see. Take it to the bank, and let a live, unmanned feed finish!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
thats an old video...here is a current "live" broadcast of that volcano

www.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
thats an old video...here is a current "live" broadcast of that volcano

www.nhk.or.jp...

en.wikipedia.org...

Are you sure that is an old video?

On 13 March, the volcano once again erupted two days after the 2011 Sendai Earthquake. Whether the cause of the eruption is related to the earthquake, or whether the initial January eruption and the earthquake shared a common cause is still unknown. This eruption was the largest to that date to occur in 2011.[6] The eruption forced the evacuation of several hundred residents

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

thats funny because here is the same exact eruption from january..I think you all are being misguided by the idiots of youtube land.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
its the 14th in japan..it erupted yesterday there and did spew a lot of ash and rock..it isnt doing that anymore as i showed in the live link
edit on 13-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"Oh My God" ...just not what they need at all, is this happening close to the quakes, or another place?
Are the quakes making this volcano go off, or are they a warning before eruption...is this why they are calming down?
...sorry for so many questions!

...nevermind if its an old eruption!
edit on 3/13/2011 by Givenmay because: correction

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hmm that's odd.

The live video feed shows a mountain. With no eruption.

Perhaps things are calm again?

I checked the live feed closely, the clouds are moving by. It's working.

There is no plume emanating from the volcanic vent however. I guess I missed it by a few hours. Things look calm now.

new topics

top topics

join