It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hey TA,
I'm watching GEE at the moment and I'm seeing a strange signal from the station on the north island of japan, in the N/S direction. Granted im not schooled in reading such signals, but it looks strange with respect to the signals on the other bands. Ive seen it a few times today. Have you seen it? Any ideas what it is? It hits 800 microns/s, in 6 pulses, in groups of 2.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Rumors from the Alex Jones show that evacuation of Tokyo has been ordered? Anyone got confirmation on this?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by solarsicarian

Uhm..Can you explain some more? I didnt really get it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The mass exodus out of the area needs to happen NOW and should have happened from the beginning, given that the potential was already known for this area to blow, with no chances taken. Clearly, this idea was never in contingency plans which is evident in seeing that so many homeless and hungry people are being relocated in quake active areas, let alone everyone having to deal with radiation, suffering and heartbreak. To our friends in Japan, I would suggest that you get people together locally and consider leaving these quake zones. In America, during Katrina, our government functioned very poorly in efforts to help. Be mindful of that.

Wondering where in Japan might be safest for people to go? Maybe some ATS members would have some suggestions.

The media corpocracy has not properly reported on the quakes following the 9.1, unless forced to, usually per Twitter reports. Clearly the quakes have been migrating south along the stress lines and it's obvious by following them that Tokyo is at great risk and should be evacuated, along with all people in harm's way. That this is not happening is unconscionable.

Ships, planes, whatever it takes from all Nations need to get in there and help get people out and cared for. The cost? Who the hell cares? It should come from the pockets of the 5-10% sitting over on Broadway and Park Place. I'm sorry for the rant given this is my first post. I love the work you did on this thread, TA.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kubacs

I know of one russian politician that suggest to send the japanese to Sibir .hmm

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Fretz

Im using the Global Earthquake Explorer to look at ground movement from seismograph stations in japan, 2 of them! I can't find a link to download the program, maybe TA has it!
edit on 15-3-2011 by solarsicarian because: Two many To's

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Rumors from the Alex Jones show that evacuation of Tokyo has been ordered? Anyone got confirmation on this?

I'd trust that guy about as far as I could throw him

I think we would have heard from a slightly more reliable source if Tokyo was being evacuated.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Well yeah, why do you think I am asking.

But how about this:
au.news.yahoo.com...

There a difference though...I realize that.

But at this point in time, I don't care how it happens. They just need to get out of there. Seismic activity quieted for a while, but now appears to be picking up again...As usual with a massive quake. But it's lower magnitude...for the moment.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well, the BBC live feed just posted this...

The White House has said it is not advising Americans to leave Tokyo at present.

I guess maybe they don't want to trigger a panic, but at the same time you would think they would want their own citizens to get a head-start if they thought an evacuation was likely to happen.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Japan has over 127 million people... To say they should just evacuate is easy to say... but try working out the logistics of transporting them, finding housing and food long term for that many people and the time factor involved

Would be a nightmare and take years. With the Tsunami they had 7 minutes

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Population of Tokyo is approximately 13 million people. Mind boggling.

By the way TA your theory makes good sense ...unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
TA, I can't send U2U's yet

Im looking at ERM.00.BHN
Seen the signal at least 3 times today. I didn't think of grabbing a screen shot.
edit on 15-3-2011 by solarsicarian because: B's

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Officials are claiming this new 6.1 has no relationship whatsoever to the 9.1, and it is a "totally isolated case". Yeah it's an isolated case. So was the one on the triple junction. As well as all the other ones up the west coast on the plate lines. They are making no connection whatsoever with this. Unbelievable. This is what they are telling the public. I just heard it.

I agree that this is unbelievable. It would seem to me that anything seismic that happens in this region is connected. Everything is connected when you think of Butterfly Theory, but in this case it is much more direct. I can respect the effort to not cause panic, but it almost ventures into dishonesty to downplay what is occurring to such a degree.

I see a lot of the talk about scientist not coming out on this. In my experience most scientist are often very reluctant to express opinions until all of the data is available and can be conclusively analyzed. It's their nature, and I imagine off the cuff statements based on present facts at hand that turned out to be untrue could greatly undermine their credibility and career.

What I do find amazing though is the media. I have been amazed at how long it has taken the media to report on many of these events. When a scandal emerges it crosses every network and every tidbit whether true or not is reported as soon as they arrive with a disclaimer. In this disasters case it is as if the information being reported has a long vetting period by the media.

SMR

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread and was directed to this one.
I guess I got my answer ...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarsicarian
TA, I can't send U2U's yet

Im looking at ERM.00.BHN
Seen the signal at least 3 times today. I didn't think of grabbing a screen shot.
edit on 15-3-2011 by solarsicarian because: B's

I had been watching that same one too. I'm no expert but i would have to guess it is just something local or some sort of misread because it isnt showing up on anything else.

I saw it spiking at 3.5 mm/s

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Japan has over 127 million people... To say they should just evacuate is easy to say... but try working out the logistics of transporting them, finding housing and food long term for that many people and the time factor involved

Would be a nightmare and take years. With the Tsunami they had 7 minutes

This is indeed extremely daunting. But it has to be done. There is no question about that. 6 reactors will make much of their land a dead zone and affect many other nations coastlines to some extent.

They must be moved south, then taken out of there, and it will take time, lots of time. The world has to kick in food and energy devices, power, etc has to be constructed.

Yurts go up fast.

Food, there is enough, no matter what they say, the world has to distribute food. I would like them all in Canada, but I realize that even if half the households had room for them, this would be small fry. It will take a concerted effort, and wherever this occurs, for large segments, portions there will be building boom going on, I dare say.

There won't be many motels left that's for sure, on the countries that assist.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Yeah UH OH.

Nature might not be so kind with the next one. But the plate may have settled in. Got to watch this lower area carefully now, but really anywhere on the entire zone around Japan is risky at this point. It could expand north now, as they've had strong quakes up there. Just no telling. I wouldn't want to stick around to find out. Evacuations due to the nuclear disaster may indirectly save lives just by getting them away. Let's hope the activity stays in the active area, and stays away from that zone.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just posted this in the wrong thread, re-posting it here:

Isn't the new 6.2 quake Southwest of Tokyo also near the infamous dolphin-slaughter cove in Taiji? Just curious if it's anywhere near there, it looks like it from the maps I'm seeing. If anything "good" can be said to come out of this horrific situation, maybe these current events will put a stop to the monstrous activities going on on that cove. One can only hope.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Also, this is a completely devastating crisis. But Japan was not impoverished, and had a huge corporate presence as well. They need to evacuate everyone.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Damn!!! I thought the aftershocks were letting up, but really they just seem to come back stronger.

I have had a 5.2 in El Salvador, I really hope that 6.2 is just a tension breaker, like my 5.2 and not a fore-shock of something bigger.

If the 7.2 preceded a 9 then a 6.2 could precede an 8????????

edit on 15/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join