It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Originally posted by OuttaHere

Isn't the new 6.2 quake Southwest of Tokyo also near the infamous dolphin-slaughter cove in Taiji? Just curious if it's anywhere near there, it looks like it from the maps I'm seeing. If anything "good" can be said to come out of this horrific situation, maybe these current events will put a stop to the monstrous activities going on on that cove. One can only hope.

Originally posted by Gab1159

Of course it will put a stop to these slaughters! Dolphins will now be super-mutant radioactive swimming flesh!

I know you are trying to have a sense of humor in a terrible situation, and that's OK. But I thought of this, too. Poor sea life! They are going to have to absorb the very worst of this.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by Antoniastar

Interesting. There has been a lot of discoveries lately dealing with Earthquake lights, a phenomena of some from of energy discharge that makes odd lights in the sky before and during major earthquakes. Now today I see all the electrical energy at that Japanese volcano. One can see how people are blaming it on HAARP. I will have to look at that map of yours, though not in this thread
Thanks for the heads up though

I hope this post isn't off topic. Well yes it is interesting. Very. Oh yes! That's right the EQ lights, I remember hearing about rainbow or aurora-looking lights. An "energy discharge" huh?! Hmmmmmm I'm so there. lol Thanks for pointing that out. And isn't that something about the electrical discharge coming from the volcano? I assume it's coming from the volcano. And, if so, it could be related to the subduction zones and to the Japan EQ. I don't recall ever seeing a volcano do that before.

And yes, I can see how HAARP can be blamed. But I know it's not microwave emission that's caused or is causing the 9.0 Japan quake or the aftershocks and possibly even a further possible pre-emptive quake event on Japan. *doing the catholic cross thing and crossing my fingers too*.

You are welcome. And thank you for the head's up.

TA, I respect your request to not discuss HAARP or any off-topic discussion on your thread so, just to let you know, this was only a reply to Zorgon.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Antoniastar because: I forgot something.

edit on 15-3-2011 by Antoniastar because: another ooops.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kubacs
The mass exodus out of the area needs to happen NOW and should have happened from the beginning, given that the potential was already known for this area to blow, with no chances taken. Clearly, this idea was never in contingency plans which is evident in seeing that so many homeless and hungry people are being relocated in quake active areas, let alone everyone having to deal with radiation, suffering and heartbreak. To our friends in Japan, I would suggest that you get people together locally and consider leaving these quake zones. In America, during Katrina, our government functioned very poorly in efforts to help. Be mindful of that.

Wondering where in Japan might be safest for people to go? Maybe some ATS members would have some suggestions.

The media corpocracy has not properly reported on the quakes following the 9.1, unless forced to, usually per Twitter reports. Clearly the quakes have been migrating south along the stress lines and it's obvious by following them that Tokyo is at great risk and should be evacuated, along with all people in harm's way. That this is not happening is unconscionable.

Ships, planes, whatever it takes from all Nations need to get in there and help get people out and cared for. The cost? Who the hell cares? It should come from the pockets of the 5-10% sitting over on Broadway and Park Place. I'm sorry for the rant given this is my first post. I love the work you did on this thread, TA.

I agree there is not only no plan, BUT it seems to be heartless, put them somewhere unsafe on purpose, probably ordered from on high.

Its crazy.

They need to be taken to safe areas in the south with world aid, food and electrical, while at the same time, all the crafts, ships, planes, jets, everything there is taking them out to Russia, Canada, the world. They need to be taken off those Islands ASAP.

I've been writing this on every thread. I assumed if I simply emailed our PM to suggest he get on this, the aids would not even pass the message on.

Therefore, writing it online on several forums and numerous threads, gives more chance this info is being seen by those who need TO GET OFF THEIR REAR ENDS AND GET IN GEAR NOW!

Its monstrous what they're doing.

edit on 15-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UtahRosebud
TA ... I just discovered something that has me seriously on edge. I know this thread is about Japan and the potential for another disasterous earthquake, but I feel there is a connection here, with my discovery. Adding to that, I really value your research and opinions. So please allow me to share and please provide back any and all feedback, including thoughts, instincts, etc.

Ok... we know that with this Japan megaquake, along with the ridiculous amount of aftershocks, the subducting of tectonics plates is in full force here. Science backs that up as well.

Subduction zones is the key here in what I just researched and discovered.

I've been reading a lot lately about "mud volcanos". I really didn't understand them so I did some research.

Wikipedia Source

The terms mud volcano or mud dome are used to refer to formations created by geo-excreted liquids and gases, although there are several different processes which may cause such activity. Hot water mixes with mud and surface deposits. Mud volcanoes are associated with subduction zones and about 700 have been identified. Temperatures are much cooler in these processes than found at igneous volcanoes. The largest mud volcano structures are 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) in diameter and reach 700 metres (2,300 ft) in height.

About 86% of the gas released from these structures is methane, with much less carbon dioxide and nitrogen emitted. Ejected materials are often a slurry of fine solids suspended in liquids which may include water, which is frequently acidic or salty, and hydrocarbon fluids.

So I continue reading down the page and hit the location areas of the known mud volcanos. This is where my jaw dropped and hit the floor.

An unnamed mud volcano 30 metres (98 ft) high and with a top about 100 metres (328 ft) wide, 24 kilometres (15 mi) off Redondo Beach, California, and 800 metres (2,620 ft) under the surface of the Pacific Ocean.

Remember the "millions of dead fish" last week? Tuesday, March 8, 2011 to be exact? That all happened right there, in Redondo Beach!!!!!!!!

L.A. Times - Millions Of Dead Fish

Obviously, all of these fish died right over the subduction zone. We all know what happened in Japan 3 days later. But now I'm wondering if California is going to be struck next. And if so, how soon???

Hi UtahRoseBud,

Oh wow how aware are you? Excellent find! And I don't think this is off-topic (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) cuz, if your hypothesis is correct, it could mean an early warning for Japan and anywhere in the world for that matter.

I've never heard of "mud volcanos" before. Incredible. Methane gasing those poor fish, it reminds me of the Holocaust, but of course, a little difference. That's amazing that the mud volcano puts out a whopping 86% methane.
And so that methane more than likely comes from the subduction trough I guess (I haven't verified that that zone plate is a trough or a trench, maybe it's trench).

Anyway I am discussing this issue on another ATS thread about the fish kill around LA, California. I hope you don't mind if I quote and credit you on your idea there, at that thread. Someone asked me what I think about it and I wasn't sure what I thought about the fish kill until I read your post above.

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. And, btw, it's weird but I went to find your post on your profile so that I could reply to it and it is listed as being on page 17 of this thread, not page 16. But I don't give up that easily. lol

You should start a thread about your idea.

Toni

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If this does happen and Japanese people are evacuated, do you think the USA will offer them to stay in our FEMA camps we've built? I mean, you see how the news is commenting on the stocks for Japan dropping, is it possible we (USA) could've used HAARP or another device to cause this destruction? This is so tragic, regardless and I hope its nothing of the sort but we are not a government anymore, America is a corporation run by greedy, sick, evil people...This depresses me....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Check out the Fuji activity. www.jma.go.jp...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori

Now that is NOT good at all.

Please no! The Japanese have suffered enough.

I'm going to go look at the volcano watch thread real quick now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Can you be so kind to give me a link to said volcano watch thread...
It would make my day

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
we just had a nother one in Chiba around a 5M

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

Can you be so kind to give me a link to said volcano watch thread...
It would make my day

Link to newest page of volcano watch thread as of this post.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Sorry it, was 6m off the coast of Ibaraki

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jhnsmth

thanks!!! I book marked it, so I'll never have to ask again

For your kindness... I give you shiny star

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by minortimesI mean, you see how the news is commenting on the stocks for Japan dropping, is it possible we (USA) could've used HAARP or another device to cause this destruction?

No I got a call from John lear today and he has been checking sources...No HAARP did not do this... trust me on this

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhnsmth

Thank you for providing that link. I was driving and unable to respond for a bit.

I am releived after visiting said thread though I do believe that this still bears watching.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Lemme add one more to the set since a 6.0 went off a few miles east of Tokyo.
earthquake.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22edbe53c8b1.png[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a4bc6d569b7.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ccbcfadd8c25.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 15-3-2011 by dbriefed because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Hey thanks anyways!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ok, well after this 6 now has occurred (the big red box) confirming what I predicted early on for a large quake there closer to shore north of the triple juncture, the following area is now imo at severe risk of another very big quake:

This is because as the pacific plate subducts further, it is causing this area marked in the red circle to be under tremendous pressure. The quakes have already outlined the plate zones. And we know the bigger quakes are happening on the overlap, as it gets jarred by the subducting pacific plate. So this area would make the most sense to me for another large one, as it compensates for all the pressure surrounding it.

If it happens near the triple junction, this will further destabilize the zone, and we could see what you see up north happen all over again on the southern junction, putting Tokyo in a very bad spot.

At worst case? That entire thumb of the North American plate decides to make a much larger move to compensate for the massive pressure of the subducting pacific plate. This is the kind of force I have speculated on previously that creates mountains. I don't know that humanity has ever witnessed it happen. Not that fast. But after watching parts of Japan getting moved 8 feet in a matter of minutes, who's to say this is not possible? The same people that said the triple junction would not activate?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Oh God TA, thank you so much for all you're hard work & analysis, but I do pray for those poor people you're wrong!

I won't double post, but I'm going to try and link back to a post I just made on Westcoast's thread regarding the crustal displacement GPS readings. I'm really not sure how to read them but it seems as the displacement was not just to the East but the south as well (I think?). Apologies if you already saw that, but I think that would certaing support your theory...

Link to my post on "What might really be happening in Washington State?"

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Hello Toni,

Thank you!

Please do spread the word. I firmly believe that knowledge is power. The more people information is given to, the better off we are as a society.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
And just for the record, at the time of this post, the Japan Meteorologic Agency's position on this:

Prediction of the Tokai Earthquake
Current Information

Notes
No information is in effect at present.

No anomalous crustal activity in relation to the occurrence of the Tokai Earthquake is currently observed.

www.jma.go.jp...

Fire them all and hire me!
I'll set em straight!

JUST kidding. Not a good time to kid, I know.

But honestly, I can't see how they can possibly say this. The evidence is right there in their face. Two quakes right on that subduction zone, in the midst of the tremendous release up north and an unstable subduction zone.

To me the concentration of all the aftershocks alone around the 9.1 area indicates a blanket breaking up of the contact point there between the plates. The outlining of the NA plate to the southwest is telegraphing the potential plate move. Once enough containing points have broken, the whole thing could give way.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join