It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Nuclear Meltdown Under Way

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I wasn't aware the map was a hoax but the threat is there based on 2 reactors melting down.

So you based the title: Nuclear fallout heads to US - on a map that has been proven a hoax, with no other proof?

I am sorry, but I find this to be irresponsible. I understand you are scared, we all are. But making such a bold, terrifying statment such as that with absolutely no proof is NOT something you should do.

Just because they are melting does not mean they are leaking. It's two different things.
edit on 13-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Inaccurate information? did you read the articles? Japan officials first denied any problems, then said it was under-control, then it exploded, then they evacuated 20kilometer radius, then confirmed second meltdown, they they said some radiation is in the atmosphere but everything is ok, then they say people have been seriously exposed. hmm, I'd rather have some iodine just in case and let people have some helpful information they can resource if they need it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

I wasn't aware the map was a hoax but the threat is there based on 2 reactors melting down.

It's been posted on ATS since the first Quake thread was started and has been posted variously multiple times since, and every time people state that it is from 4chan and a fake, yet still people post it.

It's not as if people are hiding the fact, it's that no one is actually reading the other threads, perhaps because they are so lengthy...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I quoted a news source article, not trying to spread fear FYI

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Dude: you are afraid of nuclear meltdown in Japan and release of nuclear fall out, but never been concerned about released of tons of related nuclear materials in form of DU munitions since past decades..??

Get real please .

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

At this point, I think I'd rather just watch the MSM to get fairly accurate limited information, rather than getting flooded with 100% inaccurate overload of information.

Haven't you noticed that ATS has become worse than the MSM the past year or so? Maybe 1% of the information posted on this site is accurate, if that. The end of the world comes often on ATS, in the form of flu pandemics, oil spills, military invasions starting WW3 and now nuclear accidents.

This is no doubt indicative of the garbage which has inundated this site and a direct reflection of the individuals who are running this pixelated rag. This is what happens to a site when the owners prefer to pursue a selfish agenda, instead of pursuing quality control.

Quality members are dropping like flies...errr...I mean dropping like birds on ATS.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I quoted a news source article, not trying to spread fear FYI

The article you sources says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT RADIATION HEADING TO THE US, such as your thread title states.

Did you read the article? Because if that is what you are basing your claim on, than the title should read:

"Two reactors possibly reached melt-down. Some local radiation concerns lead to 20 km evacuation but officialls report no threat of containment being breached"

There is no indication of radiation (cesium) reaching the jet stream. You are only adding to the fear and confusion.

link   
reply to post by DrRage

Removing map and editing thread to adjust for possible hoaxed map

link   

There is no reason to panic right now.

You sound like someone we can trust Wes. You're making good sense and you're easy to understand any expertise behind your confidence in what you're saying ? Respectfully of course. I'm just trying to know something about the person I'm considering taking their advice.

OP
Oh you can bet thats hoax partner.
edit on 13-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I'd rather have some iodine just in case and let people have some helpful information they can resource if they need it.

Yeah sure...you have to waste a day of your life reading the unending contradictory crap on this site to get on sentence of helpful information. Really productive and resourceful...what can I say...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Are you happy, you got real nasty, this is like my 3rd thread and still learning the ropes, didn't realize it was a hoaxed map and would gladly make adjustments to thread for accuracy but people like you and other nasty folks makes me think twice about being here. just try to help provide info

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Well, then why do you stick around here then?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

Yeah I agree !! ATS is turning into one big spin doctor thing. I have my sister in California and shes so confused her and her kids are going to see friends on the east coast just as a precaution. There seems no firm information apart from alot of spin... Radiation does travel in the jet stream as it did in Russia and i suppose it will here also but where...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Don't let the nastiness put you off, it is something we all have to deal with.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Are you happy, you got real nasty, this is like my 3rd thread and still learning the ropes, didn't realize it was a hoaxed map and would gladly make adjustments to thread for accuracy but people like you and other nasty folks makes me think twice about being here. just try to help provide info

Wow....when was I ever nasty? I was simply pointing out an obvious inconsistency. Sorry if you took offense, I am just getting tired of the roller-coaster ride the threads are causing these past two days.

Thank you for changing you op...and welcome to ATS. (that is NOT with sarcasm)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

NVM, this post was stupid. Carry on.
edit on Sun, 13 Mar 2011 01:24:25 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This is slightly off topic , but I just had a thought.
How long will it be until North Korea says that if any radiation crosses into NK it will be seen as an act of war? I expect it any time now........

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

There is no reason to panic right now.

You sound like someone we can trust Wes. You're making good sense and you're easy to understand any expertise behind your confidence in what you're saying ? Respectfully of course. I'm just trying to know something about the person I'm considering taking their advice.

OP
Oh you can bet thats hoax partner.

NO....I have absolutely no expertise. I am like most of us here, trying to figure it all out. I have spent literally hours reading through different sources and trying to educate myself on what a reactor is, how it works, what a melt-down is and what the risks are. I talked with my dad who is quite knoweldgeable and several other people who know more than myself.

What I am leaning towards, is that they have a MAJOR disaster on thier hands. Even if it isn't worse than they are saying, close to 200,000 people have been displaced. For how long? Sounds like several got dangerous levels of exposure due to the venting they had to do....but reports are that those levels have decreased.

Chernobyl did NOT have a containment dome...and they caused the explosion by doing the wrong things. Japan (and the world) learned from this.

The plant is built on solid rock, is incased in a 6-8ft (can't remember which) concrete box and than has a 6inch metal containment dome.

If the rods get too hot than they start to melt which sets off a chain-reaction. I am not a scientist, I do not understand that part of it...but that they are adding sea water and componenents to cool/dillute and stop the chain reaction. From what I have read from credible sources, even if the containment dome fails, by that time the cesium (the radioactive component we have to worry about) will be dilluted and not as dangerous.

So lets say worse-case scenario. One or several of the plants loose containment...meaning the shields don't work and the cesium is released into the atmosphere and makes it into the jetstream. Again, from reliable articles, by the time it reached us it would be very dilluted and pose a low risk that would be accumulative rather than acute.

Am I worried? Ofcourse I am!!!! The potential of that happening is terrifying. I am paying very close attention to the credible reports and taking solice that my own state (Washington) has announced they are monitoring the air and so far nothing and they will keep us informed. I have purchassed betadine (can be painted on) and ordered potassium iodine just in case. I plan for the worse but do not expect it to happen.

When I say don't panic, I mean to act rational. Prepare, be vigilant and base what you do upon GOOD evidence.
edit on 13-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

well said,I am just glad that map was a hoax because it had me going for a while..lol

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

thanks yo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join