It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan ground cracking open and moving.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

While I do appreciate the video the guy was shooting, the dog and I would have been running a lot faster to anywhere but there. When the ground moves back and forth and sounds like waves lapping, yes it is very scary.
Had he not been there we wouldn't have known what was going on. So yes I appreciate men who take chances but its a good time for him to listen to the dog.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I really have nothing to add...I am absolutely in awe at such a bizarre sight.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Either that or I'd find myself a boat....like QUICK! I'd imagine that section has settled down by now...You'd think it would make the news if a whole section of reclaimed land suddenly disappeared into the ocean. At the time though I would have found the closest boat....and sat inside it till I knew the ground wasn't disappearing below my feet!!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Could it be that this park has been built over a lake? Surely if Japan was about to sink into the sea the mainstream media would be alerting us to it instead of talking about a Nuclear explosion.

That said, amazing video!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
How big an area ae we talking about here?

I am looking for detailed maps of the Tokyo Bay area, just to gain an Idea oh how catastrophic it would be,if that area did slide into the sea.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

Thanks for sharing this. I have always wanted to witness something like this (safely) in person. To see the ground that we normally take for granted as being solid, move and undulate, reminding us that the ground beneath our feet is just a relatively thin layer that is floating on top of our molten core.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
all the video needed was the cameraman to fall down a crack and Superman to save him....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The guy who filmed this was either dumb or unconscious to just stay relax seeing this... If I'd be witnessing this I'd be running to the hills asap! When the ground beneath is as solid as Jello, what can you expect to happen when there's another small earthquake?

They'll be lucky as hell if this area doesn't get swept away by a landslide!

edit on 12/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
could that be water pipes under the park?
freaky if it isnt cuz that should mean theres alot of not solid space underneath japan. imagine if the ground collapses

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If I didnt know any better (and I don't), but it looks to me like there's a bigger picture here...........It looks like the island of Japan may actually split in half. Looks like a piece of Japan may actually get swallowed by the waters.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

That had better not be FEMA!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by P-M-H

could that be water pipes under the park?
freaky if it isnt cuz that should mean theres alot of not solid space underneath japan.
No, if you listen to the guy in the video, that part of Japan is on a piece of reclaimed land, where part of a bay used to be apparently. As has been said numerous times now, it appears as though that part of the land has been shaken loose and might sink into the sea.

This is called Liquefaction. "In geology, liquefaction refers to the process by which saturated, unconsolidated sediments are transformed into a substance that acts like a liquid.

Earthquakes can cause liquefaction where loosely packed, water-logged sediments come loose from the intense shaking of the earthquake."

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

Everywhere the guy looked in the video there was a surface crack. I personally would not be making a video because it looked like a piece of where he was located would just float apart from everything... Like ice breaking off of an iceberg...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasi
reply to post by Seekeye2

I really think that the people of Japan had enough suffer, but for some reason i don't think this is the last of it.

Maybe they should stop worshipping idols. God would not be mad then. Just sayin'..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Wonder why? The US does it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

Yikes, that is really scary. I would want to get the heck out of there if I saw that. I been outside when there was an earthquake. I feels weird. Last year I felt a good size earthquake on Easter day and I thought it was awsome. I was in the backyard hanging out and the ground started to shake. The earthquake in Japan looks way to scary and it be scary to see water to come out of the ground like that and cracks moving.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Duct tape will fix that crack. There's nothing duct tape can't fix.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
uh...Dude, drop the cam and run!

That's my scientific analysis.
edit on 12-3-2011 by jude11 because: edit

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Since I've never seen anything like this in my own experience or on YouTube (et al), I am quite alarmed.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I once heard (and I don't remember where I heard it, but that source says it was Japanese) that the best place to go during an earthquake is a bamboo stand. The stalks won't really hurt you if they fall over, and the root system will hold together even if cracks form in the ground.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join