It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan ground cracking open and moving.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
Watching the clip again,it is just simply insane!

If you listen to the audio,it sounds exactly like he is standing at the seashore with waves lapping in,not in the middle of a park!

That seriously cant be good!

I thought exactly the same if i stand near the sea here i hear the same thing, it is frighten to see that with every movement you hear the wave slapping against a (the) shore , i don't really know.

All i can say is i hope that all the people stay safe.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Star and Flag for you my friend!

I must say this is some of , if no the best video ever on the topic, This guy should get off that land and into a nice National Geographic . JOB Asap!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

I really think that the people of Japan had enough suffer, but for some reason i don't think this is the last of it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

It is very scary, i keep watching the video myself it look so unreal, can hardly believe it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Those little geysers coming up out of the water in that newly formed lake - yeah - those got me...
I’d a been makin’ water in my pants that’s for sure...
WOW - SO SCARY... NO joke...

But as he said the area he was on is ‘reclaimed’ from the bay.

I’d be runnin’ like the wind - exit stage left!

peace

Would also make sure that i leave the country as fast as possible

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
Looks like the sea is planning on reclaiming that particular piece of real estate!

Scary to see,but oddly fascinating at the same time!

When i saw this for the first time i also was amazed but also terrified at the same time,it just look like what other poster already saying that the earth is taking back what is her's.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
Any geologists around care to explain what is going on in that vid? It looks mighty strange to me.

Chiba is not far from Tokyo right? They are literally connected through city build up right? Meaning this isa very heavily populated area?
edit on 12-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

I don't exactly how close it is the population is about 6,2 million added a link so we have a little idea about the population.
Chiba

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thats crazy. When the ground was swaying back and forth it looked like it was floating.

I would be totally freaked!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
Thats crazy. When the ground was swaying back and forth it looked like it was floating.

I would be totally freaked!

That is exactly what i was thinking, that it is floating.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

My first thought whilst watching this video was that the guy should listen to his dog and get the heck outta there.

It is great that everyone can get the chance to see things like this because of the internet but theres far too many people sticking around in dangerous places looking for footage to share etc.

The land looks like it is floating on water and he's casually strolling around with a camera. It reminds me of the people that were standing right next to the tide yesterday in the states despite the tsunami warnings and there was even one person swept away with the tide.

I find this disturbing that people are so relaxed about things, sometimes your instinct can be trusted or it would not be there. Maybe this is due to the implications of disaster movies and similar things constantly being bombarded into our heads.

This is just my opinion, its great footage but I find it horrifying that he's just chilling out walking right next to cracks that are still moving, the ground could easily have opened up and swallowed him with all the aftershocks etc.
edit on 12-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
They better get out of there fast. That does not look good at ALL.

Wow at first I was like: "It's just water coming up."

But then I saw the ground actually moving... my mind, officially blown.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by Quasi

My first thought whilst watching this video was that the guy should listen to his dog and get the heck outta there.

It is great that everyone can get the chance to see things like this because of the internet but theres far too many people sticking around in dangerous places looking for footage to share etc.

The land looks like it is floating on water and he's casually strolling around with a camera. It reminds me of the people that were standing right next to the tide yesterday in the states despite the tsunami warnings and there was even one person swept away with the tide.

I find this disturbing that people are so relaxed about things, sometimes your instinct can be trusted or it would not be there. Maybe this is due to the implications of disaster movies and similar things constantly being bombarded into our heads.

This is just my opinion, its great footage but I find it horrifying that he's just chilling out walking right next to cracks that are still moving, the ground could easily have opened up with all the tremors still going on etc.

Cannot disagree on you in this, it is a strange if you filming this and are relax about it,your instinct must say run as fast as you can and warn the authority not that they can stop it, but at least they could investigate it in how serious this is i'm no expert but if you hear and see the water banging across a shore or something ,it looks very serious.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Very interesting Quasi, thanks for sharing. I heard somewhere that Japan has moved 2.5 meters due to the earth quake. Also that the earth's axis has moved roughly ten inches due to it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Maybe the guy is on prozac,lol I would have been GONE

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I beg to differ in this account. I do agree disaster tourists are not wise people.

He did the only wise thing in my opion.

Earthquake!

Safest place DURING earthquake, flat, open, soft ground.

Stay calm, and wait untill it is over.

He did all that, and documented the experience.

Whats to blame? He did not see that one coming?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Very interesting Quasi, thanks for sharing. I heard somewhere that Japan has moved 2.5 meters due to the earth quake. Also that the earth's axis has moved roughly ten inches due to it.

Yes that is right 2.4 mtr that thread is here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

I know what your saying but he could at least have moved until at a part of the ground that was not cracked or moving like it was.

Im not saying that its best to run around carelessly screaming but at the same time its not the best environment, standing right next to large cracks in the ground that are moving back and forth, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

That is INSANE!!! It just goes to show how unstable things are right now. I would be scared to be standing there in fear that a huge sink hole would open up and swallow me!
Scary scary stuff, right there!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is from CNN that Japan moved 8 feet and shifted the earth axis, when watching it again,i'm getting goosebumps of the devastation and strength of the tsunami.

8 feet

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by Quasi

That is INSANE!!! It just goes to show how unstable things are right now. I would be scared to be standing there in fear that a huge sink hole would open up and swallow me!
Scary scary stuff, right there!

You are absolutely right there it is insane,but there are no words for it even insane is not the right one but it comes close.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join