It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan ground cracking open and moving.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
To everyone saying "Get out of there ASAP", where would they go? Logically my instinct would be to run the heck away as well, but it's hard throwing away your entire life to move somewhere else, let alone go to another country with a foreign language you know nothing of.

If it was me, I'd run to the very farthest point on Japan from those reactors/earthquake zone that was "safe". If it started going downhill, then you have no choice but to get on the next airplane

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Gday guys top vid,mind blowing and chilling at the same time.
Liquidization i can understand.
In the vid he says that the land was reclaimed from the sea,Tokyo bay i think he said,Would this change the process of liquidization as we understand it?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This guy he so cool Ill bet he has a bottle of sake in his right hand and the camera on the other. otherwise your not so calm about it ! way the go crack finder!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
That's so unnerving! Wonder how much data/research has been done about liquifaction in an area like that (manmade land)?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by Gab1159
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Yeah, I bet you would overreact if you were Japanese. Easy for you to calm down when you're at the other side of the world. Pathetic...

I can't believe how calm he was. I was being ironic. I thought it was obvious.

lot of people dont get ironic.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I posted about the shift of Earth axis on Italian news yesterday in the main thread:

Above Top Secret....

And that's right, it's about 4 inches that is slightly more than the shift provoked by 2004 Sumatra quake. Such a shift should not affect the life on the planet but it does reduces the lenght of the day (in terms of nanoseconds, humans cannot appreciate it). I don't know if the 2011 shift can compensate the 2004 one, I think we can only speculate.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Here an article from Montreal Gazette which reconnects to the Italian INGV but I believe they made confusion with centimeters and inches (in the original Italian post it's 10 cm shift)

Montreal Gazette

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
During the Loma Prieta Earthquake here in California in 1989, some of the worst damage to buildings & infrastructure was in the Marina District of San Francisco, to land claimed from the surrounding bay by using landfill methods. Landfill areas are particularly subject to liquefaction during a large enough 'quake.

From Wikipedia:

"Major property damage in San Francisco's Marina District 60 mi (97 km) from the epicenter resulted from liquefaction of soil used to create waterfront land.

The Marina district was built on filled land made of a mixture of sand, dirt, rubble, waste, and other materials containing a high percentage of groundwater. Some of the fill was rubble discarded after the 1906 San Francisco earthquake but most was sand and debris laid down in preparation for the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition, a celebration of San Francisco's ability to rebound after its terrible catastrophe in 1906.
After the Exposition, apartment buildings were erected on the filled land. In the 1989 earthquake, the water-saturated unconsolidated mud and sand suffered liquefaction, and the earthquake's vertical shock waves rippled the ground more severely."

IMO the aftereffects that man was recording in the landfill-created park are probably due to soil liquefaction, the weakened areas allowing the underlying/surrounding water to come creeping back in, possibly visible in this way because this land is open parkland, and not a built-up residential/commercial area.

And knowing just that much about it, I don't think it would be a good idea to hang around that area in the near future, just in case of more land breakup, sinkholes, etc, caused by all that seeping water.
edit on 3/12/11 by BuzzCory because: grammar fixed

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I would be worried about this movement, and the presence of water - the ocean has broken the framework of this reclaimed land, and knowing water, once it gets in, it will work its way through the entire landmass.

I would recommend getting out - yes, you are leaving all your processions - but are those items worth your life?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wow. The videographer reported he was in Chiba City- directly across the bay from Tokyo. God help them, if Tokyo begins to show signs of this. How much more can they take?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzCory

Thank you for posting that.
Seems reclaimed land may not be as reclaimed as we all think!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It feels like here in the UK that something like in this video is going on here, we had an earthquake 2 years ago but I keep feeling like this guy describes it, I am sure something is going on here but who would listen to me even if it was true?

I knew before the Tsunami that the ground felt funny and especially in Japan the build up was quite huge with build ups of 5,6, and 7 magnitudes a few days before.

That camera is brave but also a bit silly, come on who would stand there filming while the earth is about to swallow you up, run, sod it.

It definitely looks like something from the time of Noah.

Genesis 7

In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month—on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.
edit on 12-3-2011 by The time lord because: gramma

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
wow it looks like the land is moving with the waves... i think its only a matter of time b4 it falls apart like soggy cereal... gtfo asap imo

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

If it's man-made land then it could potentially sink under the ocean due to the earthquakes. He's should think about moving out of there very soon... Like now.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Is this the major landslide in the east that is predicted in Islamic Hadith? This whole earthquake in Japan?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
True. But liquifaction can occur when the local rock is water bearing aquifer(water table), indeed even if the underlaying rock is igneous, water collected between the soil layer and rock can surface. The surface itself without water behaves like a liquid also during high energy earthquakes as the ground shapes itself to the wavelength of the quake and is the reason why buildings can sink beneath the ground

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is an event called soil liquidfaction. This is not an uncommon event during wet grounds during an earthquake. I deal with maps all the time that show soil liquidfaction. Structures do not hold up during an earthquake when the ground is like that. Cool video to actually witness live. I work with a Emergency Management Agency and deal with earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If people like to link prophecy with possible events here are a few that I thik sound possible, you think, what if Japan falls into the sea one day? Who will it effect would America be destroyed by the water displacement going across the pacific ocean?

Revelation 16:19
The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath.

Revelation 8
The Seventh Seal and the Golden Censer

8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10 The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11 the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

Text

edit on 12-3-2011 by The time lord because: capital letter

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I think getting out of there is easier said than done. Most of the airports are shut down and any boats they had are probably ruined. Not a whole lot they can do besides staying put and making the best of it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join